Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

A friendly reminder as to why Muties will instantly throw you if they shove you into a wall. One goon was not so lucky....

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/517738683856846850/1046504045902299156/Ammo_Dispensing_Servitor.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, would advise against taking any trinket with grimoire corruption resistance, I think it is doing the opposite effect because the one friend in the group who had it for a couple runs would just speedrun the corruption down to 1 hp while we barely had 1 bar corrupted.

I have not had this experience at all with a grimoire corruption resistance trinket on my Ogryn. It had a noticeable affect on how much initial corruption it hit me with, and I'm always way less affected by the trickle corruption.

Was your friend always the grimoire carrier while wearing the trinket? Cause I've def watched a friend speed run it down as well without any kind of corruption resistance while they were the active carrier.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dramicus posted:

For me it's the bolter because I just can't stand the delay between the click and the shot coming out for the plas. I also like the ability to panic dump the bolter mag when necessary.

They really need to fix the racking animation though, it's really annoying that the bolt gets racked when switching to melee and back.

Thats by design i think, the bolter is the more unwieldy option and always has a ready phase when you pull it out. Plasma is out immediately and has more ammo than the bolter, so its better at countershooting and picking snipers off immediately.

Bolters way better at disrupting hordes and knockdown though, theyre two power weapons with slightly different niches. I think all in all bolters knockdown and short burst firerate give it the edge, plasmas heat and incredibly low extra ammo are real liabilities, and i bet it gets a buff at some point.

But personally i like the plasma gun more. Its cool. Shooting through an entire horde to take out a rager or sniper feels cool. It dumps shots slower but has a theoretical higher limit than the bolter and has way more accurate followup shots despite not having ads.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 27, 2022

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's annoying when you switch to an empty bolter and your dude racks the bolt and then goes into the reload animation which includes racking the bolt.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

It's annoying when you switch to an empty bolter and your dude racks the bolt and then goes into the reload animation which includes racking the bolt.

In comparison plasma has like multiples levels of reload it remmebers. You can have it full reload or already have the heat vented and the new tank screwed in, it just needs to recharge the top first. Kind of interesting.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Trip report: I can kill a pack of maulers and other assorted baddies faster by just unloading with a flamethrower than I can by trying to kill them one at a time with a thunderhammer.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I've actually been really enjoying using the revolver as a zealot. It draws very fast, and is great for doming a sniper down the hall before going back to stabbing things to death. Extremely underrated

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is the Cantrael MG IV lasgun just supposed to be comically weak

I gotta drop so many headshots into guys to see them fall

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

I have not had this experience at all with a grimoire corruption resistance trinket on my Ogryn. It had a noticeable affect on how much initial corruption it hit me with, and I'm always way less affected by the trickle corruption.

Was your friend always the grimoire carrier while wearing the trinket? Cause I've def watched a friend speed run it down as well without any kind of corruption resistance while they were the active carrier.

He was never the carrier, our Ogyn friend was, we couldn't think of anything else and he was the only one who had corruption resist trinkets, it was VERY noticeable how fast his purple bar would fill despite nothing really hitting him, you could just watch the purple bar increase if you kept an eye on his healthbar.

I think it's just :fatshark:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

A friendly reminder as to why Muties will instantly throw you if they shove you into a wall. One goon was not so lucky....

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/517738683856846850/1046504045902299156/Ammo_Dispensing_Servitor.mp4

I got knocked off a ledge by a poxhound but I guess falling while disabled by a dog doesn't let me die. A friend killed the dog and I was just walking around in a gap with no way out. Had to alt-f4 and reconnect to replace the bot that can helpfully teleport.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Speaking of janky behavior was trying out the chainsword and attacked a mutant charging me with it, when you chainsaw something you kinda get attached to whatever it is you are sawing so on my screen I was spinning around rapidly and on my friends screen he saw a mutant spinning around me rapidly.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tibbeh posted:

I've actually been really enjoying using the revolver as a zealot. It draws very fast, and is great for doming a sniper down the hall before going back to stabbing things to death. Extremely underrated

I've been using the shotgun a lot lately for the same reason. I'll have to try that out.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Evil Kit posted:

Please, take me with you. It's so lonely here.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Getting real into just planting my feet with the plasma and taking the damage to cool off one or two ticks before firing again to keep volley fire rolling, you probably get like 25-35 shots on a plasma gun vs bolters 15 if you don't mind taking the damage and arent charging to kill big heavy hitters.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Orv posted:

Context: Bleeds currently trigger Haymaker. Literally everything you do with your knife out triggers Lacerate; lights, heavies, pushes, block-pushes, grenades.

No this will not survive.

Oh also if you hit a barrel with it the barrel will spread the bleeds to any teammates it hits and eventually instakill them. This is not something I want to do, I'm not the griefing type but it is practically inevitable.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735819155608961044/1046526461747671200/nade.mp4

I didnt know about the barrel thing, thats really funny

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Holy cow this thread is NOT lying about the veteran trooper and the power sword. amazing combo.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just got into a game with someone using a lasgun rifle that melted everything in a second flat. Any special, Mutants, Crushers, Reapers, everything. Is that the bugged burning trait people were talking about?

Edit: Heresy

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

I'm so embarrassed that happened to me.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Tibbeh posted:

Same, it comes out instantly and kills anything human sized with a headshot, at least on level 3.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tenchrono posted:

Holy cow this thread is NOT lying about the veteran trooper and the power sword. amazing combo.

I love how the level of violence just skyrockets when you get a bolter and power sword. Power sword heavy and six guys split in half, switch to bolter and dudes are exploding into chunks everywhere.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Cease to Hope posted:

Lots of good notes on Ogryn play
Thanks to the weapon suggestions and gameplay strategy, I get thanked by random pubbies now. Super useful, and I appreciate the effort you put into it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Speaking of janky behavior was trying out the chainsword and attacked a mutant charging me with it, when you chainsaw something you kinda get attached to whatever it is you are sawing so on my screen I was spinning around rapidly and on my friends screen he saw a mutant spinning around me rapidly.

This is fun if you use the Chainaxe on a Zealot and you do light swings while dashing with your ult. The dash will continue but you'll do these instant 180-degree spins to lock on to a target with your chainaxe cutting animation for a second then continue the dash.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

JBP posted:

I love how the level of violence just skyrockets when you get a bolter and power sword. Power sword heavy and six guys split in half, switch to bolter and dudes are exploding into chunks everywhere.

Basically a Guardsman RPing as a Spess Mahreen.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I got thrown by a mutant to the landing pad at the end of one mission, with the bridge not extended. That was a fun time sniping dudes and not having any of the AI paying attention to me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I had thought plasma and bolter didnt have the ability to crit, because the vet talent that adds it in exchange for stamina doesn't work on them, but it turns out plasma at least does. Neat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is sprinting of any benefit at 0 stamina?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Basically a Guardsman RPing as a Spess Mahreen.

I'm also like 90% sure the bolter we get in game is designed for human use. It says in the description it was designed for adeptus arbites, not astartes. Proper Space Marine bolters are even bigger.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

It feels like it is and that’s the main thing

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

It’s faster than walking and more importantly faster than doing the old VT throw the heavy objective thing repeatedly trick if you lack an ogryn. Not by a ton in either case though.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Dramicus posted:

I'm also like 90% sure the bolter we get in game is designed for human use. It says in the description it was designed for adeptus arbites, not astartes. Proper Space Marine bolters are even bigger.

The arbites bolter is 0.60 caliber while the space marine bolter is 0.75 caliber and bigger than a human torso.

You may now wedgie me for my nerdy as gently caress knowledge.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ciaphas posted:

yeah, there absolutely is at least just moving over a certain distance faster. I was always confused early on why other goons would be way far ahead of me sprinting away cause I didn't know you could keep sprinting at 0 stamina.

Makes even more sense knowing that humans have less base stamina than ogryns too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z5h8zv/fatshark_please_fix_this/

Well, glad to know I haven't been hallucinating these. I guess I can see why the game does it, but it does feel a bit much at the moment and I'm really hoping it's a bug. VT had a lot of "turn around and get stabbed in the rear end" moments, but nothing as ridiculous as this, especially without any obvious spawn points close by.

This is kind of validating to see as much as it shouldn't exist, I was going insane thinking I had somehow just become terrible at situational awareness after not having trouble with this in vermintide.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

every weapon in this game feels like it was balanced by a different person with a different idea of how difficult the game should be. like the disparity between the weapons is insane and i dont know how they got this far in development without realising that

I unlocked the chainsaw last night and I have no idea how more than half of the melee weapons I've tried are supposed to be meaningful options by comparison. The turtolsky mk VI heavy sword I tried was so pathetic that it took literally 4 normal swings to kill a basic zombie on difficulty 2, while this weapon kills them in one normal swing to the body, has a much better charge attack, better damage to armor, an actually useful altfire, and still enough dodge capability that I didn't feel immobile with it. As for guns, the braced assault rifle I've used appeared to have twice the ROF, bigger magazine, and literally twice the ammo reserves of the burstfire one I tried. I'm hesitant to judge balance too quickly just from first impressions but when the numbers are off by as much as double, it's pretty stark.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

The arbites bolter is 0.60 caliber while the space marine bolter is 0.75 caliber and bigger than a human torso.

You may now wedgie me for my nerdy as gently caress knowledge.

This makes me hopeful that we might have an Adeptus Arbites (essentially Judge Dredd on crack) or maybe even Adepta Sororitas as DLC classes. They would probably fill the same niche, but either one would be sweet as hell. Both are known for regularly working with the Inquisition, though the Arbites work with them super commonly.

Edit: I'm also hopeful for a Mechanicus class as well, imagine being able to plop temporary turrets, mines, etc down and stuff like that.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 27, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011
It’s a little weird that there’s five character slots and four main archetypes. Not that it’d likely be hard for them to add new slots when subclasses are released if they each require a discrete character but it does make me wonder.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Orv posted:

It’s a little weird that there’s five character slots and four main archetypes. Not that it’d likely be hard for them to add new slots when subclasses are released if they each require a discrete character but it does make me wonder.

It's because selecting the upcoming space marine class takes up 5 character slots. Duh.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legit Businessman posted:

It's because selecting the upcoming space marine class takes up 5 character slots. Duh.

:hmmyes:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Legit Businessman posted:

They won't have any SMs in Darktide 1, it would pretty much kill the game. You'd see the game devolve into 99% of the playerbase just playing Marines 100% of the time. I'm almost certain they are saving SMs for the sequel, and it would pretty much guarantee a shitload of sales.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I don't think so, marines would take the series from survival horror to straight up power fantasy

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

field balm posted:

I don't think so, marines would take the series from survival horror to straight up power fantasy

You mean it's not already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I'd like to say they'd never do a space marine but they did a grail knight which is the WHFB version of that so.

Mayne a scout marine or something. Baby marine