Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tiler Kiwi
really queer christmas
Kingcobweb
God is bed
Dope fiend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
about 24 hours left to vote!! if you’re in line STAY IN LINE

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Tiler Kiwi
really queer christmas
Speng31b
God is bed
Dope fiend

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tiler Kiwi
speng31b
GOD IS BED
World Famous W
kingcobweb

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
kingcobweb
speng31b
GOD IS BED
really queer christmas
DOPE FIEND KILLA G

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
tallying now

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
DOPE FIEND KILLA G: 12
GOD IS BED: 9
really queer christmas: 12
speng31b: 14
Tiler Kiwi: 12
kingcobweb: 13
World Famous W: 3

thus the committee for now until a new committee is elected next year:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
kingcobweb
really queer christmas
speng31b
Tiler Kiwi

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lpzie 2 posted:

im also voting for these five, so that's x2 impact.

a strong showing from this block of voters. Next time!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
congrats, goons. now lets give out some money

Flipgrip
Feb 16, 2007

Maybe a dumb question I didn't see answered because I'm not on the discord or am illiterate but how does someone go about giving to/receiving money from this?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Flipgrip posted:

Maybe a dumb question I didn't see answered because I'm not on the discord or am illiterate but how does someone go about giving to/receiving money from this?

we're setting up the corp and bank account, and will get a donation link posted to the op shortly thereafter

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

apologies for not being more proactive within the thread this past 2 weeks. just started a new job and moved which has eaten a huge chunk of my free time. i’m glad that we are looking towards getting this off the ground at last :) as an elected committee member i pledge to ensure our fund will serve the community of SA as efficiently as possible. goon fund ftw

Flipgrip
Feb 16, 2007

speng31b posted:

we're setting up the corp and bank account, and will get a donation link posted to the op shortly thereafter

Cool. I've been following and thought maybe I'd missed it :cheers:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Hey all!

To make sure there's an update, we are trying to file but apparently we will need to send in a paper application to be official. Kingcobweb plans to do that on Monday so we've been tied up with that and still waiting for corp formation so we can get the bank account to officially take in donations and (much more importantly!) give those funds back to people. While we are waiting though, we want to make sure no one who is hungry, cold, or in serious need has to wait for the trudgery of bureaucracy. As such, we have set up a google form for people to send in requests and I'm asking for anyone who plans to donate to please reach out to me or any of the other 4 committee members so we can keep you in contact with goons in need. This is a temporary solution to the current problem and not what we plan to do when the full thing is set up. Let me know if there's feedback on the form, this temporary process, or any other thing that we can improve!

Google Form is here!!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bump

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

sticky this thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

to be clear;

as the interim solution, we've got a running list of goons willing to fulfill requests directly and will connect people who fill out the Google form with donors.

if you want to be a direct interim donor and PM one of us, it's helpful to include a bit of info like what the maximum reasonable request you'd prefer to fulfill is, and any limitations on how you can donate (PayPal, Venmo, etc)

thanks to everyone who's already volunteered to be an interim direct donor while the corporate bank account is being worked on

E:
--------- FOR ANYONE READING THIS LATER ---------
!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! For anyone who may be looking back on this post for any reason (🙏), please be sure to check the last page of the thread! We have a call out to donors, and the money will be put to good use. Thanks!
!!!!!!!!!!
--------- FOR ANYONE READING THIS LATER ---------
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

speng31b has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Dec 3, 2022

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

to be clear;

as the interim solution, we've got a running list of goons willing to fulfill requests directly and will connect people who fill out the Google form with donors.

if you want to be a direct interim donor and PM one of us, it's helpful to include a bit of info like what the maximum reasonable request you'd prefer to fulfill is, and any limitations on how you can donate (PayPal, Venmo, etc)

thanks to everyone who's already volunteered to be an interim direct donor while the corporate bank account is being worked on

nice plan

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Plinkey posted:

nice plan

hey man I think some people in the other thread wanna talk to you. hope you’re doing well.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

hey man I think some people in the other thread wanna talk to you. hope you’re doing well.

oh yeah I sent 200 bucks to one of those guys, there's certainly still goons in need which is why I'm glad to see this thread is still moving quickly :)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

truly incredible things happening today

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I'd be a hypocrite if I were to demand transparency of goon funds without providing a spreadsheet of my own:

code:

date       money received      money sent
11/2022    0                   200

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I need money how do I get it now that goonfund is dead?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

vortmax posted:

really queer Christmas posted:

Hey all!

To make sure there's an update, we are trying to file but apparently we will need to send in a paper application to be official. Kingcobweb plans to do that on Monday so we've been tied up with that and still waiting for corp formation so we can get the bank account to officially take in donations and (much more importantly!) give those funds back to people. While we are waiting though, we want to make sure no one who is hungry, cold, or in serious need has to wait for the trudgery of bureaucracy. As such, we have set up a google form for people to send in requests and I'm asking for anyone who plans to donate to please reach out to me or any of the other 4 committee members so we can keep you in contact with goons in need. This is a temporary solution to the current problem and not what we plan to do when the full thing is set up. Let me know if there's feedback on the form, this temporary process, or any other thing that we can improve!

Google Form is here!!!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vortmax posted:

Google form

Google Form is here!!!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vortmax posted:

here you go friend:

Hey all!

Google Form is here!!!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lmao gently caress third place :(

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

owned

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thrad

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

500 good dogs posted:

here you go friend:
But since it's unofficial how do I know I'm getting help from valid sources?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vortmax posted:

But since it's unofficial how do I know I'm getting help from valid sources?

what are you talking about

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

what are you talking about
This is not an official 501c3 organization with completed paperwork.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

vortmax posted:

money is good

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I don't understand why they're giving out money without being a properly registered charity?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vortmax posted:

you don't need to be a 501c3 (or any organization) to send people money

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

you don't need to be a 501c3 (or any organization) to send people money
Apparently Plinkey did...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vortmax posted:

I don't understand why they're giving out money without being a properly registered charity?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vortmax posted:

they're not giving out anything, they're connecting people in need to donors directly. i recognize you're making a half-assed troll attempt but this is all explained in the like last page and a half of posts here

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
All this stuff is in the OP as well if people have further questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

they're not giving out anything, they're connecting people in need to donors directly. i recognize you're making a half-assed troll attempt but this is all explained in the like last page and a half of posts here

Cool, since you're fine with this, I need money to help pay my increased utilities. Can I give you my Venmo since I can't use goonfund anymore?