Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best use of cheese?
Cheese steak
Beer cheese dip
43 slices straight outta the fridge
Sexual lubricant
Other (don't specify)
Mac and Cheese
View Results

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

What is a one point safety ??

A safety taken on a 2-point attempt. There's basically only two ways it can happen, either the offense takes a safety (Meaning they somehow went 98-yards the wrong way on the attempt, it's usually theorized this would involve some turnover shenanigans, as Jon Bois explained in the original Scorigami video), or the defense forces a turnover and then goes backwards into their own end zone. It's literally never happened in NFL history, and only like 3 times in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Turnover on a PAT, returned for what would otherwise be a defensive TD

This has never been a thing in the NFL, when the defenders get possession in a PAT the ball is dead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Puff pastry meat pie is no joke

I would not try that for a dinner party

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dead grandma needs to back the gently caress off.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

rear end cam

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I thought the NFL removed 1 pt safeties

Nah, they clarified some language which I believes makes them slightly more likely but it's still a story starring hard boiled detective Edge Casey

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

This has never been a thing in the NFL, when the defenders get possession in a PAT the ball is dead

Wrong

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Eagles Force A Punt Challenge (Impossible)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

buttcam

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

holy poo poo i am sick of fleetwood mac every two seconds

but i want to be with you everywhere :sadwave:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Black Lighter posted:

Hurts is the reason this is a tied game. I'm ok choosing him

Oh okay fair enough, my apologies for my Jalen Hurts snark

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Have they mentioned Aaron's thumb is broken yet?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

hobbesmaster posted:

Huh i guess it was some video game i played years ago that had that rule

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

euphronius posted:

more dead loved ones

This is seriously hosed. There are 4 currently running and the only time I see ads are during football so I shudder to think how many more there are out there

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

euphronius posted:

What is a one point safety ??

a safety that occurs on an extra point or 2 pt conversion attempt

it's almost impossible to have happen

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Have they mentioned Aaron's thumb is broken yet?

Yes, and especially if they lose.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trying to get a close up of Rodgers’s thumb, getting a close up of his gross rear end instead. Thanks, NBC.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Turnover on a PAT, returned for what would otherwise be a defensive TD

No that’s 2 points. Its muchharder.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

Does it feel like a landslide?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jones and Dillon on field at the same time

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hate when they do a close up on rogers eye bags

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

Oh IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
BY JOVE THEY'VE DONE IT

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

randall cobb is gonna be a ring of honor guy right

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Since this is the thread for bitching about small lifestyle things. You know that glucose monitors they advertise? You can check your sugar on the phone and all that cool poo poo. They're dope as hell but the last loving 4 I've had have crapped out like a week into the supposed 14 day life of them. I'd say it's some dark conspiracy, but they keep replacing the ones that break for free. Just a pain in the arse (and arm where I keep slamming these bad boys in)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Rodgers taken down by Cox, Sweat.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bean mom posted:

randall cobb is gonna be a ring of honor guy right

I can't see TK giving him a contract :v:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Oh IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Boomer music is literally never going away because it's easier to just pick something from some hedge fund's IP portfolio and I hate it

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
idk why anybody is trying to throw the ball; it's not like either team can stop the run

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

hobbesmaster posted:

You're both right and wrong. Prior to 2015, if the defense forced a turnover on a 2-point attempt, or blocked an XP kick, the play was dead. They changed the rule that season so if it was a turnover/blocked kick, the defense could take it back the other way for 2-points. IIRC, the first time it actually happened was the next year, when Eric Berry did it for the Chiefs against the Falcons and it ended up being the margin of victory, and I don't think it's happened that many times since. This is what brought the 1-point safety into play in the NFL.

EDIT: To clarify, the 1-point safety (AKA "conversion safety") would need something insane like a team going for a 2-point attempt taking a safety themselves, which is how you could end up with the mythical "6-1" score.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 28, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Maybe focus on running the ball with your all-star RB and your thighmonster RB against the porous Eagles defense???

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:arghfist:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Quiet Feet posted:

Rodgers taken down by Cox, Sweat.

Won't be the first, won't be the last

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:golfclap:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm not really feeling the black helmets

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe focus on running the ball with your all-star RB and your thighmonster RB against the porous Eagles defense???

Aaron won't give the thumbs up to that for some reason.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shyduck posted:

I'm not really feeling the black helmets

They're going away next year and they're bringing the kelly green back

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
Jason Garrett is so creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

aarstar posted:

Jason Garrett is so creepy

The world's first animatronic head coach