Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jalen Hurts rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am glad the broadcast fit one more dead parent commercial in, leaving it at only 4 would have been a crime

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 28, 2022

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

this hurts to look at

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
There is a non-zero chance that the Eagles just ended Rodgers' Packers career and saved Green Bay the purgatory of his extended retirement march. That's a game everyone can feel good about.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Black Lighter posted:

There is a non-zero chance that the Eagles just ended Rodgers' Packers career and saved Green Bay the purgatory of his extended retirement march. That's a game everyone can feel good about.

Isn't his contract a giant albatross ala Russ?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rogue Elephant posted:

Isn't his contract a giant albatross ala Russ?
"If the Packers cut Aaron Rodgers he will count towards $99M of the cap in 2023. If they chose to split that it would be $31M in 2023 and then $68.2M in 2024. Cutting Rodgers would doom Green Bay for drat near a decade and destroy the organization.

It will not happen."

Woo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*in Palpatine voice*

"Do it."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:gonk: My boy

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Packers and Broncos are giving pretty solid arguments against guaranteed contracts right now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Darth Brooks posted:

The Packers and Broncos are giving pretty solid arguments against guaranteed contracts right now.

Imagine if Watson is bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

I'm praying every night that he is.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Harlock posted:

"If the Packers cut Aaron Rodgers he will count towards $99M of the cap in 2023. If they chose to split that it would be $31M in 2023 and then $68.2M in 2024. Cutting Rodgers would doom Green Bay for drat near a decade and destroy the organization.

It will not happen."

Woo

Why would this drat the organization for a decade?

It would suck for the two years but then it would be back to a regular rebuild.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Trade Rodgers to Atlanta

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That Wilson contact is a thing of beauty.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I would think it would lead to the Packers jettisoning or not resigning young talent, which would put them in a terrible hole where once they get his contract off the books they have to overpay for free agents to come to a lovely team, and also they would have to hit on their draft picks at an unbelievable rate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zurreco posted:

Trade Rodgers to Atlanta

What'd Atlanta ever do to deserve this?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can Denver somehow still swing Rodgers on to their roster? Really impress all of us.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Darth Brooks posted:

At least Rodgers was coming off back-to-back MVP seasons.

Honestly, if Rodgers actually played within the system and cared to get to know his receivers, he'd be fine starting somewhere in 2023. That's a big "if" though.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rogue Elephant posted:

I would think it would lead to the Packers jettisoning or not resigning young talent, which would put them in a terrible hole where once they get his contract off the books they have to overpay for free agents to come to a lovely team, and also they would have to hit on their draft picks at an unbelievable rate.

This was what I was thinking too. But trading a bunch of those players for picks is possible. And, if the situation is that Rodgers is unplayably bad, I don't think there's really a de facto opportunity cost to cutting him and losing the next couple years... because the team would be losing the next couple years anyway.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shrimpy posted:

At least Rodgers was coming off back-to-back MVP seasons.
Him winning it last year was a complete joke. It causes me significant physical pain to type this out but if anyone should have won it, it should have been Brady.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

im still on teh jags playoff bandwagon, but not everyone has learned to respect them as they deserve
How do they get in?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Why would this drat the organization for a decade?

It would suck for the two years but then it would be back to a regular rebuild.

They would have to cut / not resign players to stay under.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How do they get in?

From some quick Playoff Machine testing, if they win out and the Jets lose to at least one other team, they're in.

e: There's still actually the chance for them to win the division as well.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What'd Atlanta ever do to deserve this?

Trade Brett Favre.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Him winning it last year was a complete joke. It causes me significant physical pain to type this out but if anyone should have won it, it should have been Brady.

How do they get in?

through the power of belief and also they need to basically win out while the ravens and jets need to poo poo the bed pretty hard (both doable)

its genuinely not impossible and their schedule isn't actually that bad but they do need to beat the titans

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rodgers was better by basically every metric other than raw stats. Brady had almost 200 more attempts than Rodgers to end up with 1200 more yards and 6 more TDs. Brady had a Drew Brees style stat monster season where he threw a ton and racked up a bunch of raw numbers. Brees also never won league MVP.

Rodgers had a better completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, better TD%, better Int%, passer rating etc.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 28, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's weird if you go back and look at all the years brees had like 70 to 74% completion percentage and there's a lot of them. if he could have avoided falling off on it for like 2 years longer he probably would have been considered the all-time accuracy guy without question. oh i guess he is if you don't count deshaun watson. well i don't know what i'm saying then. he didn't fall off. i was looking at it reversely and made a huge mistake by talking about text. 74% though. dang. edit my balls was hot

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 28, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hizawk posted:

They would have to cut / not resign players to stay under.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This was what I was thinking too. But trading a bunch of those players for picks is possible. And, if the situation is that Rodgers is unplayably bad, I don't think there's really a de facto opportunity cost to cutting him and losing the next couple years... because the team would be losing the next couple years anyway.

With any plausible amount of FO competency, the team would not be ~damned for a decade~ due to cutting a hypothetically awful Rodgers imo

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

It would own

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

He already is.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rodgers was better by basically every metric other than raw stats. Brady had almost 200 more attempts than Rodgers to end up with 1200 more yards and 6 more TDs. Brady had a Drew Brees style stat monster season where he threw a ton and racked up a bunch of raw numbers. Brees also never won league MVP.

Rodgers had a better completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, better TD%, better Int%, passer rating etc.
I didnt realize there was such a huge disparity. However, on the other hand, gently caress Aaron Rodgers.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a neat cape posted:

Considering he hasn't played in a year and a half right? It's very likely he spends most of this season being bad. I loving hope so.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

through the power of belief and also they need to basically win out while the ravens and jets need to poo poo the bed pretty hard (both doable)

its genuinely not impossible and their schedule isn't actually that bad but they do need to beat the titans

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Jags beating the Titans something that only happens once every thousand years as part of the summoning of the elder god Dhu'val?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Redeye Flight posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Jags beating the Titans something that only happens once every thousand years as part of the summoning of the elder god Dhu'val?
I got a good laugh at this but they actually used to split fairly regularly regardless of how good or bad they were overall.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jacoby Brissett has played really well this year and there's a pretty decent chance Watson will be a downgrade, at least through the end of the season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think DJ Reader versus the Titans might be one of the single most important non-quarterback pieces In any matchup in the NFL.

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

Shrimpy posted:

From some quick Playoff Machine testing, if they win out and the Jets lose to at least one other team, they're in.

e: There's still actually the chance for them to win the division as well.

If that's all that it takes then their best chance to do so may very well be by playing Jordan Love. He'd have to beat the:

Bears (without Fields)
Rams (lol)
Dolphins in Miami on Christmas (tough for sure)
Vikings at Home (better odds than in Min)
Lions at home (used to be a guaranteed win!)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Eifert Posting posted:

I think DJ Reader versus the Titans might be one of the single most important non-quarterback pieces In any matchup in the NFL.

He was SO good, please stay healthy til the end of the season. Really still stunned that we kept Henry to 38 yards on 17 carries. Unreal.

Samaje should get in a bigger role too. He looks really good and can give Mixon some help.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
haha what

https://twitter.com/Sanjit__T/status/1597101612891537409?s=20&t=9lesQr_fOfCECazh-GD6kg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol:

If I had to guess, it would be that he thought he was down after the pick and was running on the field to celebrate. He runs right toward the guy with the ball at first, and then when dude is running past him he's just making the most of a bad situation.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I'm the NFL I'm dropping the hammer on that dude though. Last thing NFL officials need is to worry about rogue players from the sidelines jumping into the game mid play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh good, looked brutal.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1597256824457416705?s=20&t=fP5zXKO1N4_puc-mxPNCUA