Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
How do you import an exported save from FE00000? Are you supposed to just paste it into the load dialog? Just says invalid character for me so I'm hoping there is some other way your supposed to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
a lot of games end their save strings with an equal sign or some other weird symbol that for some reason doesn't automatically get selected. make sure it isn't not getting everything

if that fails it's probably just busted lol

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Feline Mind Meld posted:

a lot of games end their save strings with an equal sign or some other weird symbol that for some reason doesn't automatically get selected. make sure it isn't not getting everything

Hmm, there is a clear marker at the end, figured maybe my phone has a limit to how much it can copy, but I can paste the entire thing in a note so it seems the website just can't take a full code, very odd. Guess I'm done with that game.

Interestingly it cuts off at exactly 5000 characters, seems it's just an Android limitation.

Oh there's a button to switch from a pop-up prompt to a text prompt that lets me paste the full code, all is well!

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 27, 2022

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Feline Mind Meld posted:

Equal sign is padding base 64 to the proper word length.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
If anyone else never got to the end of Progress Knight because it was just too grindy at the end, there's this mod that automates a lot of it and also has a new endgame.
It progresses everything at once which is a big speedup, and auto-buys housing and items. That does mean it's literally just a "watch number go up" game now but I thought it was interesting to see
E: Oh also it's based on PK Reborn so it has some more content than the original PK to start with.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Nov 27, 2022

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Another random FAPI question. Is there any bonus associated with maxing the progress in a specific level/tier? Like how it shows 100/100, 200/200 etc:

Or can you just skip past it once you unlock the next tier?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
so ive been playing theresmore for a while now, it's been scratching a good itch for me to poke at, but the dumbest thing happened

so when your scouts go out and come back, one of the failure messages is like "your scout committed suicide out of shame at not finding anything", which I was like, yeah that's kind of lovely, so I go to the subreddit and make a post about it, very breezy, nothing judgey, asking that it be changed. Dev agrees, says it'll be changed next update. Yay!

Then this jackass is so extremely not mad about it that he responds to say how hilarious the message is and that I should grow some balls, which like my guy I'm trying but i need professional installation. He then continues to be so not mad about it he spams like three consecutive memes about scouts across the subreddit :jerkbag:

anyway that's my Theresmore story

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Another random FAPI question. Is there any bonus associated with maxing the progress in a specific level/tier? Like how it shows 100/100, 200/200 etc:

Or can you just skip past it once you unlock the next tier?

If you go through in medium, it will give you levels in easy. So the only reason I personally leave it on easy at the start of a rebirth is to auto advance through the stages a bit quicker and unlock the various poop confection options. Then when I am finished getting all my new rebirth stuff set, I go back and redo the levels on medium for the rebirth bonus (and worm bonus while idling).

Seeing as how getting medium completed will auto complete easy, I can’t imagine there is any additional bonus for getting easy filled first.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Orvin posted:

If you go through in medium, it will give you levels in easy. So the only reason I personally leave it on easy at the start of a rebirth is to auto advance through the stages a bit quicker and unlock the various poop confection options. Then when I am finished getting all my new rebirth stuff set, I go back and redo the levels on medium for the rebirth bonus (and worm bonus while idling).

Seeing as how getting medium completed will auto complete easy, I can’t imagine there is any additional bonus for getting easy filled first.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant was there any bonus at all to getting 100/100 or 200/200. You mentioned a rebirth bonus but I don't see that listed explicitly on the calculations.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant was there any bonus at all to getting 100/100 or 200/200. You mentioned a rebirth bonus but I don't see that listed explicitly on the calculations.

I can check later when I get in front of my computer again, but I think it’s like levels cleared or something like that on the rebirth screen. And it means unique levels or stages. So explicitly getting 100/100 or 200/200 is not getting an extra bonus. But getting to a full 200 on a stage is getting you more for that rebirth bonus.

You can think of it as adding up all the x/200 on the stage screen for determining the bonus. And going further to get the extra bit of easy levels (further than you can clear on medium) right before rebirth helps a little. It might get you an extra handful of rebirth levels. But if you have the 5 minutes, might as well.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
There's nothing specific about the 200th wave, but every new wave you reach adds to your reincarnation xp. That's the "waves spawned" line in the calculation. So you get more for full clearing the levels than from moving on halfway.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tendales posted:

There's nothing specific about the 200th wave, but every new wave you reach adds to your reincarnation xp. That's the "waves spawned" line in the calculation. So you get more for full clearing the levels than from moving on halfway.

Ohhh I had assumed that was just total count of waves you do, not each unique wave. That makes sense, thanks.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Thersmore:

Starting a database on what the combats are:

Barbarian Camp
17 Barbarian warriors (shock)
Bandit Camp
11 Bandits (shock)
Troll Cave
9 Cave Trolls (shock)
Temple of Gargoyles
25 Gargoyles (tank)
Snakes Nest
11 Snakes (cavalry)
5 Giant Snakes (cavalry)

Related to that, the 2 skull Barbarian Camp is kicking my rear end when I've beaten some 3 skull things. I sent 40 archers and 12 warriors just now and didn't kill a single guy. WTF?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I think when you lose, you get absolutely zero feedback on how close you were to winning.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jabor posted:

I think when you lose, you get absolutely zero feedback on how close you were to winning.

I swear I've gotten feedback before that I lost but I killed X of blah. Looking at my history now I don't see that. I'll go spy again since I got full #s last time (See spoilers) and I'll see if it's less.

EDIT:
Ok, so either the enemy bases increase over time or it's all bullshit made up.

2:42PM Spy mission Success 17 Barbarian Warriors
2:50PM You've been defeated 12 warriors, 40 archers lost
4:30PM Spy mission Success 19 Barbarian Warriors

Hughlander fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 28, 2022

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Hughlander posted:

I swear I've gotten feedback before that I lost but I killed X of blah. Looking at my history now I don't see that. I'll go spy again since I got full #s last time (See spoilers) and I'll see if it's less.

EDIT:
Ok, so either the enemy bases increase over time or it's all bullshit made up.

2:42PM Spy mission Success 17 Barbarian Warriors
2:50PM You've been defeated 12 warriors, 40 archers lost
4:30PM Spy mission Success 19 Barbarian Warriors

Yah it's all bullshit it seems. Then success... You defeated 18 Barbarian Warriors.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
There's some randomization in enemy quantities, as I understand it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

neongrey posted:

There's some randomization in enemy quantities, as I understand it.

Perhaps, but randomising in between you spying out the number of enemies and you actually fighting them seems pretty dumb.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Realistically a good spy should just show you the enemy range.

(I(it kinda doesn't matter for me regardless, I'd just send enough spies to figure out the type of troop and the number is mostly irrelevant)

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I trained a single spy and sent him off to investigate the 2-skull Kobold tunnels. He failed. "Send more spies for a higher probability of success." Okay, I train about five more spies and send them off to the Kobold tunnels. They failed, and 3 spies died. I train up about eight more spies, and send them off again. Failed, 2 spies died. I spend several times over my maximum gold training another dozen spies and send them off to the Kobold tunnels. Result: Partial Success, the small battalion of spies has discovered, after extensive searching, that the Kobold tunnels contain:

A plethora of kobolds.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Inadequately posted:

I trained a single spy and sent him off to investigate the 2-skull Kobold tunnels. He failed. "Send more spies for a higher probability of success." Okay, I train about five more spies and send them off to the Kobold tunnels. They failed, and 3 spies died. I train up about eight more spies, and send them off again. Failed, 2 spies died. I spend several times over my maximum gold training another dozen spies and send them off to the Kobold tunnels. Result: Partial Success, the small battalion of spies has discovered, after extensive searching, that the Kobold tunnels contain:

A plethora of kobolds.

drat that's a lot of kobolds

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Blattdorf posted:

https://mrredshark77.github.io/Really-Grass-Cutting-Incremental/

The game has been getting some updates. While the thread was a bit lukewarm about it, I find it interesting to see what the next paradigm shift will be.

This game really satisfies the numbers go up itch and is fun for a few hours but the numbers are very unbalanced so you end up almost skipping entire features because you blast through them. The UI is a mess, possibly the worst UI i have ever experienced in an idler. Its worse than Dodecadragons. Its basically Dodeca's UI (separate "boxes" for each feature) but you can only look at one box at a time and you need to navigate between the boxes with an arrow system rather than jumping straight to the one you want.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Ineptitude posted:

This game really satisfies the numbers go up itch and is fun for a few hours but the numbers are very unbalanced so you end up almost skipping entire features because you blast through them. The UI is a mess, possibly the worst UI i have ever experienced in an idler. Its worse than Dodecadragons. Its basically Dodeca's UI (separate "boxes" for each feature) but you can only look at one box at a time and you need to navigate between the boxes with an arrow system rather than jumping straight to the one you want.

You can use WSAD, if that helps.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

For whatever reason, the numbers are off up through the first galaxy. After that it seems to be fine. Have to actually use the features fully at least.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 28, 2022

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i enjoy getting lost in the wasd halls of grass cutting incremental

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

If anyone else never got to the end of Progress Knight because it was just too grindy at the end, there's this mod that automates a lot of it and also has a new endgame.
It progresses everything at once which is a big speedup, and auto-buys housing and items. That does mean it's literally just a "watch number go up" game now but I thought it was interesting to see
E: Oh also it's based on PK Reborn so it has some more content than the original PK to start with.

This is cool, I never got very far in the original Progess Knights, because they were incredibly grindy. This is still super grindy (currently slowly pumping up my evil levels), but at least it's a lot more hands off and hence more tolerable.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’ve been playing bitburner lately. It’s a bit grindy (those infiltration mini games…) but the core concept is cute enough to carry it a long way

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Oenis posted:

This is cool, I never got very far in the original Progess Knights, because they were incredibly grindy. This is still super grindy (currently slowly pumping up my evil levels), but at least it's a lot more hands off and hence more tolerable.

The biggest timewalls are when you get the transcendence reset for the first time (I think that was just 3 hours of waiting) and to unlock the new endgame where the tip tells you to get 2000 levels of the last job (4 hours of waiting)

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I love the goofy numbers go up ones, but are there any more low-key clickers that make me feel like I'm running a kingdom or being an RPG hero?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I love the goofy numbers go up ones, but are there any more low-key clickers that make me feel like I'm running a kingdom or being an RPG hero?

The new-ish hotness https://www.theresmoregame.com/play/ let's you build a village, and then there's probably... more. I haven't gotten far, but people have compared it to Evolve idle which might have more content because it's older, so maybe check out either.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

crime weed posted:

i enjoy getting lost in the wasd halls of grass cutting incremental

I literally didn't know what the gently caress those buttons were for. I clicked one of them the first time and it took me to a blank screen so I just assumed the UI was broken.

That is loving terrible UX.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Bedurndurn posted:

I literally didn't know what the gently caress those buttons were for. I clicked one of them the first time and it took me to a blank screen so I just assumed the UI was broken.

That is loving terrible UX.

There's a slightly improved mod of it that adds a map and tells you what screen you're on when you change screens.

https://aarextiaokhiao.github.io/Really-Grass-Cutting-Incremental/

GWD
Jul 11, 2022

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I'm currently working on one I hope to get goontestable by end of year... https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017479 Plan is to be exactly that, you're loop is you're running a kingdom to improve your strength to do ARPG-lite combat that gives you new research/materials to improve your kingdom.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Theresmore: At a point where I can create watchtowers, which will apparently allow me to spot faraway enemies attacking my city. I’m guessing that’s the trigger to start enemy sieges. If I don’t complete those towers, will enemies eventually attack anyway?

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

Inadequately posted:

Theresmore: At a point where I can create watchtowers, which will apparently allow me to spot faraway enemies attacking my city. I’m guessing that’s the trigger to start enemy sieges. If I don’t complete those towers, will enemies eventually attack anyway?

No, they won't. There is just one enemy attack, which is triggered by research and you get a warning that the research will trigger the attack.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Theresmore feels poorly balanced from the get-go. Having to add a house + farm in order to (very nearly) support one of any other base unit just isn't fun.

Does it get better, or is this a design decision to make the game progress very slowly? This feels like some Star Citizen style "realism is grindy; grind is realistic" mess.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The first part of the first run really sucks, yeah. As you stack up food bonuses it stops mattering as far as supporting your workers goes (and instead you care about food vis a vis supporting your army).

When you start getting prestiges going you get food boosts to support bigger armies, and those also end up helping the early-game food situation a lot.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's honestly way easier on the first run if you always pick food bonuses whenever mutually exclusive bonuses pop up.

From what I remember of both kittens game and evolve its...pretty common for the genre for food to be really tight at the beginning.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
(the new progress knight) is this some "it's actually 19.99 being rounded up" poo poo smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Zyxyz posted:

(the new progress knight) is this some "it's actually 19.99 being rounded up" poo poo smh

Based on other behavior with less actively lovely outcomes I've seen, yes, definitely. Fortunately once you've noticed that problem it's never too hard to avoid it by just grinding more.