Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Arivia posted:

Data goes oh poo poo and Troi’s top finally splits open

And she tries to cover herself up but by that point it's too late; I've already seen everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rm0uc1pWNr1uk10e9.mp4

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Preoptopus posted:

Whatever happened to thoes crazy microwave kids from Ukraine circa 2014

Edit: kreosan
https://youtu.be/H1gBinKRqqY

I guess they are in Thailand now? Based on the videos.

They also have some from Chernobyl but I think those were filmed earlier, not sure though. I imagine they wouldn't be free to travel what with the war and all.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It was at this moment that he knew - he hosed up

(that's actually impressive structural strength)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Colin McRae he ain't

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Seems kind of ill advised to have so many people at the crest but what do I know

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
ElectroBOOM is a treasure and definitely belongs in this thread. I’m always amazed that he doesn’t catch a piece of exploding capacitor in the eye or something. Knock on wood because the dude is awesome.

Having had capacitors explode while playing with electronics, they are loud and the shell/case flies off pretty fast. When working with low voltages like I was it takes a while too. Nice time delayed boom

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

namlosh posted:

ElectroBOOM is a treasure and definitely belongs in this thread. I’m always amazed that he doesn’t catch a piece of exploding capacitor in the eye or something. Knock on wood because the dude is awesome.

Having had capacitors explode while playing with electronics, they are loud and the shell/case flies off pretty fast. When working with low voltages like I was it takes a while too. Nice time delayed boom

What exploded? Did you manage you pop an electrolytic cap despite the score marks meant to vent them with less drama?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

CarForumPoster posted:

What exploded? Did you manage you pop an electrolytic cap despite the score marks meant to vent them with less drama?

The electrolytic capacitor built up pressure inside and the case gave way with a boom... I think it was a smaller cap that didn't have the score marks on top... or it did have them and pressure built up slowly enough that they didn't break.

Here's a picture of a board on what I'm currently working on. Notice that not all of the caps have scoring on the top

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
#NotAllCaps ?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Here's a shot of my adventures into brief cap excitement:

Cap should be located at orange instead of... Everywhere. Plugged in at 240v while set for 120v. Luckily the cap caught the worst of it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Preoptopus posted:

Whatever happened to thoes crazy microwave kids from Ukraine circa 2014

Edit: kreosan
https://youtu.be/H1gBinKRqqY

They are now in charge of Ukraine's electronic warfare arm, jamming Russian radars and disrupting their radios. At least I hope so.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

namlosh posted:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Careful, I hear several states are thinking about banning high-capacity firearms.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Perestroika posted:

Careful, I hear several states are thinking about banning high-capacity firearms.

:downsrim:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Perestroika posted:

Ohm my god, watt are you talking about? That's not the current state of affairs at all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tempers are charged enough as it is!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Looks like they figured out how to put the "die" in dielectric

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I tried to resist the surge to post another stupid pun.

USER WAS ELECTROCUTED FOR THIS POST

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
You are wasting your potential.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Ohm-y, watt thread amp Ion?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Can't land there, mate.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

both were successfully rescued: https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/27/us/maryland-small-plane-crash-power-lines/index.html

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

darkwasthenight posted:

Here's a shot of my adventures into brief cap excitement:

Chu got there, buddy? Some kinda Hiwatt?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

evobatman posted:

Pretty good article relevant to the current discussion. The URL sums it up: https://bloodknife.com/everyone-beautiful-no-one-horny/

Article was pretty humorous, especially the part where the author explains that the youth aren't horny and finds 10 ways to blame Boomers for it:

quote:

Even before the pandemic hit, Millennials and Zoomers were less sexually active than the generation before them. Maybe we’re too anxious about the Apocalypse; maybe we’re too broke to go out; maybe having to live with roommates or our parents makes it a little awkward to bring a partner home; maybe there are chemicals in the environment screwing up our hormones; maybe we don’t know how to navigate human sexuality outside of rape culture; maybe being raised on the message that our bodies are a nation-ending menace has dampened our enthusiasm for physical pleasure.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we've made inside far more interesting than being outside so people don't go outside as much anymore and get bored and gently caress each other

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

we've made inside far more interesting than being outside so people don't go outside as much anymore and get bored and gently caress each other

That, plus a housing market that has a lot of people live with their parents longer than before, plus a lot of stress and pressure, plus growing up with every spare time activity being organised and structured?

Societal changes rarely have exactly one simple explanation.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Computer viking posted:

That, plus a housing market that has a lot of people live with their parents longer than before,

i guarantee that living with family did not stop people from loving, in the past

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

DelphiAegis posted:

I tried to resist the surge to post another stupid pun.

USER WAS ELECTROCUTED FOR THIS POST

USER WAS GROUNDED FOR THIS POST

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just can't seem to find the spark of inspiration.
Nevertheless I will conduct myself to my full capacity to remain grounded and current.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

millennials and zoomers aren't loving as much as boomers because

1) we live in constant existential stress from every direction
2) we saw the hateful marriages and stds the boomers got stuck with by being careless
3) a lot of the loving that boomers did was just plain old rape

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SerthVarnee posted:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

should rename gbs to "current events"

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Current events and watts going on

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Perestroika posted:

States also want to automatically add battery charges if using such a device for other crimes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The thread is buzzing with lit bulb moments, it's electrifying.

something something electric pun

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hello,my name is Electrical Beast, the Jolteon of Let's Plays.

Today we are gonna find out about Bowser's Evil Test

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Propaganda Hour posted:

Colin McRae he ain't

Maybe he was imitating the helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SerthVarnee posted:

USER WAS GROUNDED BY THIS POST