Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm never really sure what's going on in this comic, but I really like it. Mostly because of those nice chunky architecture drawings.

I think 'medieval nonsense' describes it well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

After a long, Pokemon-induced hiatus, I am back with more Hark! A Vagrant.

Death of military personnel: my comics specialty. Anyway, I like Montcalm. He wasn’t, I don’t think, as talented as his young rival James Wolfe, but he was among the best they had and a well experienced, hard working man who did his job as best he could. Montcalm had a hot temper and didn’t like Quebec, but he tried to save it, even though he was almost always at heads with Vaudreuil the Canadian born Governor- to whom he was supposed to defer. Vaudreuil was experienced in North America and cared passionately for Quebec, but had never really encountered modern European warfare, and didn’t understand it. Montcalm hated the corruption in New France, thought the war was useless, and tried to leave but wasn’t allowed. In his final letter to his wife he writes, “I think I should have given up all my honors to be back with you, but the king must be obeyed; the moment when I shall see you again will be the finest of my life. Good-bye my heart, I believe I love you more than ever.” I like Montcalm.

Some holiday comics! The Kiss Elves return.

The last man to lose his head, I suppose he deserved it.

Lovat (Simon Fraser, born 1697 - there are about a million Simon Fraser Lord Lovats) really epitomizes how reading Scottish history can make you want to tear your eyeballs out, or laugh because it’s nearly a farce it’s so nutty. Either the people involved are disastrously loyal, or disastrously duplicitous. Everything is a disaster, but it’s a hell of a ride.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=236%94
Linking this one because it’s very, very tall. It’s a cute family comic that is worth a read!

You remember our friends the chimney sweeps yeah? From a long time ago. Or pehaps it is called Polly and the Idiots, I don’t know.

Edit: Linked the tall comic and included a different one.

MokBa has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Nov 28, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Imgur does not play well with extremely tall images, but I also don't have a good alternative to recommend :/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It can be really weird reading history and seeing how many figures are basically just Starscream.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

MokBa posted:

After a long, Pokemon-induced hiatus,

you're not kidding, i almost didnt buy it with everything i was reading online but i just spent the entire day playing it with my friends over and we were just having a ball fawning over all the new lil dudes

don't gently caress with us gamers

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pyfcomic.jpg

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It can be really weird reading history and seeing how many figures are basically just Starscream.

Aristocracy is a hell of a drug :shrug:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

R-Ronnie?

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

lol i like this fish person

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What a lovely thing to do, just telling an armless person that the prosthesis that improve her life quality is powered by Satan.
Some rude gestures are less than that treatment deserve.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i have to admit, part of the reason i'm posting bonedood and platedewd is because it's difficult to find online these days (hell, i'm posting from the waybackmachine) so if i repost it here i can always search for it again
i will continue to write more alternate spellings of the names also for me to more easily find later

2 - B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd do some Roleplaying

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I have the first book physical copy around here somewhere and hell yeah let's kill six billion demons

i humbly request that you post the alt texts alongside just like Fools Infinite did for their comic

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

im the treble clef in lieu of a standard "s"
this is Chrig erasure

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pop team epic is ronnie?
Teedlocity is pop team epic?
What is going on

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

By popular demand posted:

What a lovely thing to do, just telling an armless person that the prosthesis that improve her life quality is powered by Satan.
Some rude gestures are less than that treatment deserve.

not sure there's supposed to be any ambiguity here

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I didn't say there was, I just had to remark on that.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

08 - 07 - Gloop

08 - 08 - Mama Bear

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Nov 28, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

those colours still look fuckin amazing boba

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Mx. posted:

i have to admit, part of the reason i'm posting bonedood and platedewd is because it's difficult to find online these days (hell, i'm posting from the waybackmachine) so if i repost it here i can always search for it again
i will continue to write more alternate spellings of the names also for me to more easily find later

2 - B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd do some Roleplaying

it's not the same without LittleGreenBag.midi

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

FFT posted:

i humbly request that you post the alt texts alongside just like Fools Infinite did for their comic
Yup, already planning on it. None has come up so far, but I’ll include it when it does

Kill Six Billion Demons

quote:

On the night of the 88th Marquis, YISUN queried his servants that were gathered in the hall of the Glass Temple of the 90th water. “Where shall we resolve this tale of the one we have not met yet?” said YISUN, and smiled in the 3rd way.
The servant Nighzmarquls, who was recitant said:
“The key is set, unlock the veil and show her the firmament of all things. Take her to the truth of unclothed and let its glory burn her.”
The servant Gordon was eager to please YISUN and said:
“The third eye has been burnt into the flesh, mind and soul of one unready. Like a tea party with the rug pulled out from under it, reality would alternately crumble and shatter, but this mind lacks the breadth to see it for what it is, so would see nothing at all, until the pieces settled into a new order, and the nothingness resolved itself into something else.”
The servant Driftwood, who had arrived late to the gathered, cast off his suggestion:
“Apparently she is going to the distant future.”
YISUN was pleased for he saw these were good things, and made it so.

Having your boyfriend get kidnapped by some kind of hell knight when you’re one beer deep and about to get it on for the first time is pretty rough, and that’s before a headless guy shoves a key into your skull. Good luck, lady!

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Dec 9, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Most people's first time isn't quite this stressful and involves less galloping nightmares and/or mystical keys implanted into their soul.
:stare:

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Speak for yourself.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well okay, none of my first times included those things.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
My first time largely involved a lot of apologies on both sides.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Kit Walker posted:

Yup, already planning on it. None has come up so far, but I’ll include it when it does

Kill Six Billion Demons

Having your boyfriend get kidnapped by some kind of hell knight when you’re one beer deep and about to get it on for the first time is pretty rough, and that’s before a headless guy shoves a key into your skull. Good luck, lady!

For anyone wondering about the alt text, the start of the comic had certain collaborative elements. Abbadon posted an extra image prompting readers to comment with where she is going. Nighzmarquls, Gordon, and Driftwood we're commenters, and their responses to YISUN the comments they left on the page. In this case, Abbadon did not remove the prompting image, but sometimes he did, which is a little frustrating. There are a few more times this happens. Commenters inform the text entries as well as the comic proper.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Boba Pearl posted:

Funny thing, I was the one who booked the full Mariachi band for which both sides felt embarrassed for.
I'm not sorry, I was very drunk that day.
The sudden fireworks display wasn't me though, dunno what that was about.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

For anyone wondering about the alt text, the start of the comic had certain collaborative elements. Abbadon posted an extra image prompting readers to comment with where she is going. Nighzmarquls, Gordon, and Driftwood we're commenters, and their responses to YISUN the comments they left on the page. In this case, Abbadon did not remove the prompting image, but sometimes he did, which is a little frustrating. There are a few more times this happens. Commenters inform the text entries as well as the comic proper.

If you’re wondering why this is, its because k6bd is a homestuck

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:negative:

no...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
does the author actually go by abbadon or is everyone just misspelling Abaddon?

e: gently caress, myself included

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He's the Abba Don

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Fagtastic posted:

Right, but... What's it trying to say? I feel a bit dumb here.

E: like who are the "sufferable goons"

he's online to troll but everybody he keeps trying to troll is either arguing reasonably or is at a permanent stage of constant mad that can't be manipulated into a tantrum.

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I believe this was from back when the whole Game Stop stock market stuff was going on

so the rabbit is saying that it's funny that the stock market is being overwhelmed by amateur weirdos. the old naturalist guy responds that things are fine. the rabbit switches to "no, actually the people who think they know what they're doing are just as dumb."

the old guy says "lol commie" and the rabbit compares the old guy's forthcoming explanation of the stock market to anilingus. the old man is given pause by this but he does not get angry. his not getting angry makes the rabbit get angry.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost doesn't flinch from Ford's attack! Ford stops his swing right at Joost's cheek! It turns out that the dying Ford's human soul has returned, causing flowers to bloom around his feet! Ford thanks god that he was brought back one last time to meet such a fine warrior as Joost, and gives him the Sword of UK I Am Sorry!

Read right to left:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hey Dark Souls fans: do Ford and Taro/Kiss feel familiar? A smaller, nobler, honorable knight and a gigantic, brutish, barbaric one?

A duo where after the smaller one dies, the bigger one smashes him?

That's right: Miyazaki has read other comics besides Berserk!

Another reference in Dark Souls: The big guy's name is actually Tarkus, just like a certain Black Iron hero who can solo the Iron Golem

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Noble heart, perverted furry

lmao

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Synthbuttrange posted:

If you’re wondering why this is, its because k6bd is a homestuck

https://twitter.com/vexwerewolf/status/1596612689241182208

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol I just came here to post that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Another reference in Dark Souls: The big guy's name is actually Tarkus, just like a certain Black Iron hero who can solo the Iron Golem