Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The gun looks like a replica of the pistol from Blade Runner. I don't think it is, but I am convinced it is a replica of a gun from some Sci-Fi property.

The metal thing in the bottom left is a Vajra Dorje, a Buddhist symbol. Which I only know because it was a thing on this season of The Good Fight. I don't believe Musk would be an ardent Buddhist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

The Question IRL posted:

The gun looks like a replica of the pistol from Blade Runner. I don't think it is, but I am convinced it is a replica of a gun from some Sci-Fi property.

The metal thing in the bottom left is a Vajra Dorje, a Buddhist symbol. Which I only know because it was a thing on this season of The Good Fight. I don't believe Musk would be an ardent Buddhist.

I assume the Buddhist symbol is something Grimes left behind.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Jestery posted:

As someone who actually has Tourettes I just wish the joke was coprolalia rather than Tourettes being short hand for "swears lol"
I really appreciate that the medical term is poo poo talking. I unfortunately suffer from coproscribia.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Roblo posted:

That's a gun from Deus Ex, right?

Edit: as in, it's a toy.

At first i thought it was from bladerunner or fallout, but I'm starting to think it's some mall ninja poo poo.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Question IRL posted:

The gun is a replica from Deus Ex. One of the more recent ones.

Edit: at least I was sure it was, and so we're people in the comments, but on looking online it's got some differences. So maybe it is just some mall ninja poo poo which is even sadder.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Apparently it's from one of the new Deus Ex games. So it's not even from something even halfway interesting or conic.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
You might also recognize it from Team Fortress 2, I know I did.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Perestroika posted:

Apparently it's from one of the new Deus Ex games. So it's not even from something even halfway interesting or conic.

Lol of course he thinks he's David Sarif or something.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

yessssss

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

King Carnivore posted:

Also, caffeine free Diet Coke. Hardcore…

That's a thing? lol

like, why even bother

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

That's somehow even lamer.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

David Sarif had an iconic, slightly whiny voice. It fits.

Come ooooonnn Adam we just need to be more hardcore about this

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Strategic Tea posted:

David Sarif had an iconic, slightly whiny voice. It fits.

Come ooooonnn Adam we just need to be more hardcore about this

david sarif voice actor had a massive mental break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lmao elon's gamer gun doesn't even have a trigger

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

kazil posted:

Make everyone pick a side, like horde vs alliance poo poo.

Even corporations. Which side of civil discourse you gonna be on Wendys?

more like axis vs allies

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/danozzi/status/1597019022926966784?s=46&t=QNzN8UKZXiUnqvJqcfOGGg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Elon pweeze make me a bubblegum that lasts forever

"okay"

*puts it in room where fan chops you up*

THANK YOU BASED ELON

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Dan Ozzi posted:

amazing how many people want teleportation to be invented purely because they’re horny

Wasn't that the only use for it in Logans Run?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

poo poo we should have these. I support them.

https://twitter.com/danozzi/status/1597120834832769024

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm the hammer with a build in camera so my user can see what they are hammering

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Barking up the wrong tree for vehicle safety

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Sanctum posted:

Twitter grapples with Chinese spam obscuring news of protests

For hours, links to adult content overwhelmed other posts from cities where dramatic rallies escalated

Sunday’s campaign was “another exhibit where there are now even larger holes to fill,” the ex-employee said. “All the China influence operations and analysts at Twitter all resigned.”

:stare:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

:kiss:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm the hammer with a build in camera so my user can see what they are hammering

fools!

just put a Holographic EOTech sight on it

Elon pweeze invent teleportation

"best I can do is a cross country tunnel. For Teslas. Only under convention centers"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Ratjaculation posted:

some how he's make an ejection seat that also explodes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Perestroika posted:

I guess that's it.
The crazy thing is that it's not even an iconic or unique weapon in the game. Like it's a Magnum that could be in any of a dozen different properties. It doesn't stand out like the laser rifle or the PEP gun.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

The Question IRL posted:

I guess that's it.
The crazy thing is that it's not even an iconic or unique weapon in the game. Like it's a Magnum that could be in any of a dozen different properties. It doesn't stand out like the laser rifle or the PEP gun.

Let he who is without nerd tat cast the first stone.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
First thing I thought of when I saw his dorky reddit EDC goon bedside table pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The original guys were apparently just interested in making fun of how the church does things, when it got mildly successful it got bought over by a couple alt right types and then it immediately pivoted to weird culture war poo poo

yeah I was gonna say, when did Babylon Bee turn into this? I remember when I first started seeing their stuff, it was usually poking fun at evangelical church tropes.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
that revolver is so un-iconic to deus ex that I'm not surprised people ITT recognized it from TF2 first lol

I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of people who play TF2 don't even know its a deus ex gun

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

IIRC it's also the deus ex game where you have to stop the anti mecha-apartheid terrorists (the bad ones that go too far!!!). The game literally describes it in these words.

:thunk:

I think maybe the illuminati were egging them on as a false flag or something.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The handle is shaped a bit like the one on Decker's gun, that was where my mind went first too, but that could just be a common shape. I don't know guns. It doesn't look anything like it in any other way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Strategic Tea posted:

IIRC it's also the deus ex game where you have to stop the anti mecha-apartheid terrorists (the bad ones that go too far!!!). The game literally describes it in these words.

the illuminattie is at war with itself and trying to cover up a big gently caress up from HR so they are trying to flush mechanical augs in favor of more concealed poo poo amongst other poo poo. part of the big issue with mankind divided is its the literal first act of a much bigger game that square enix(the publisher) cut up into thirds because human revolution didnt make cod 4 money. they then sold the dev and the IP(the dev owns the IP) to make more NFT money.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Strategic Tea posted:

The story on the Deus Ex prequals wasn't that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYLEuQrvND0

Basically Square Enix got too much of their hands on the story and plot and it really shows, and not in a great way. Sad too because the Gameplay itself is great (other than the boss fights that you cannot escape).

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 28, 2022

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
That revolver was my favourite in HR and MD cause it made me feel the most like a cyber detective,plus you could mod the gently caress out of it.

And it was good for bustin’ down doors and causing distractions.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597169327534264320

I shouldn't be surprised he tweeted this out, but here we are

Caffeine free Diet Coke, interesting to see that Elon is going through menopause

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Perestroika posted:

"Look! ELon also stages toys from videogame collectors editions in his candid hovel photos in lieu of having an actual personality, just like me!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Underwhelmed posted:

"Look! ELon also stages toys from videogame collectors editions in his candid hovel photos in lieu of having an actual personality, just like me!"

I think the best part is if Elon is staging the Deus Ex version, it shows he took the wrong lessons from those games about Technofascists.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ratjaculation posted:

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey posted:

I'm telling you, just attach a big parachute TO THE PLANE ITSELF! Is anyone listening to me?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

CommieGIR posted:

I think the best part is if Elon is staging the Deus Ex version, it shows he took the wrong lessons from those games about Technofascists.

"I'm just like Bob Page in real life! I control the narrative, the entire flow of information!"