Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Don’t listen to the haters. Get yourself one of those spacesaver bags, throw your bird in there while it’s nice and hot, and squeeze/suck all that grease out with a shop vac. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Alternatively don’t eat the tortured chicken and eat something else instead

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Alternatively don’t eat the tortured chicken and eat something else instead

Well, the $1.50 hotdog and soda *free refill* is already assumed.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I mean you could just pat it dry with paper towels if you want. No harm one fowl

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

UCS Hellmaker posted:

My church has a limit 1 per day per member bourbon stout that I guess sells like hot cakes, 14 percent alv lol. Bought one and am gonna try it tonight.

Also the Kirkland meatballs are drat tasty, gonna make meatball subs this week

The goose island? I bought one of those and it was ok. The gimmick is you can bottle condition it for a few years

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

UCS Hellmaker posted:

My church has a limit 1 per day per member bourbon stout that I guess sells like hot cakes, 14 percent alv lol. Bought one and am gonna try it tonight.

Also the Kirkland meatballs are drat tasty, gonna make meatball subs this week

Yeah they release that stuff every year on black Friday. I think it was just for black Friday that they had a limit of one because today the limit was 4. I'm not sure if you can get it nationwide or just local-ish, Goose Island is based in Chicago I think but I can get their stuff here in Detroit.

The bourbon stout is really good, I buy it every year (they also make a bourbon ale that I like more but it's hard to find around here). It goes down real smooth for a 14% beer. And if you can hold off on drinking it gets better with age. My Costco was selling it for $10.99 and most liquor stores will be selling it for twice that, so if you're into limited release craft beers check out Costco, they might still have some left.

And as far as the meatballs go, they are indeed very good. My go to thing to bring to a potluck is a crockpot full of the meatballs with sweet baby rays BBQ sauce.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My costco has ps5s its a christmas miracle

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Rotisserie chicken process for us is to debone the chicken right away. The bones go into the instant pot along with the closest to expiration contents of the vegetable crisper drawer. Add some salt, an onion, seasonings, whatever, and make some stock. Couple hours later when it's done, put that in the fridge to use later.

The chicken then gets refrigerated and used through the week. Added to salads, quesadillas, soups, curries, whatever.

Give a piece or two of the chicken (no bones!) to the dog, because he is a good boy who loves this chicken prep ritual.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

When I was in high school I was super hungry after coming home from football practice and decided to just chow an entire costco chicken with my hands over the kitchen sink. My grandma thought it was the funniest poo poo ever.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

I mean you could just pat it dry with paper towels if you want. No harm one fowl

Booooo

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Saute an equal amount onions and jalapenos sliced long ways until lightly brown, add in salt & pepper, a splash soy sauce, a bigger splash Worcestershire, and fresh lime juice. Make tacos with toasted corn tortillas, mayo, rotisserie chicken, and the "chiles toreados".

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Rotisserie chicken process for us is to debone the chicken right away. The bones go into the instant pot along with the closest to expiration contents of the vegetable crisper drawer. Add some salt, an onion, seasonings, whatever, and make some stock. Couple hours later when it's done, put that in the fridge to use later.

The chicken then gets refrigerated and used through the week. Added to salads, quesadillas, soups, curries, whatever.

This feels like one of those things I should know how to do.

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

I got a double-layer pack of these and a couple are perfect with my morning coffee. Gets the blood sugar going

Orange peel, almond, walnut/caramel and pistachio.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Imagine hating juicy chicken

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Soondobu Jjigae made with jongga kimchi.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Jupiter posted:

I got a double-layer pack of these and a couple are perfect with my morning coffee. Gets the blood sugar going

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Smugworth posted:

The one with two Cs?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

Make tacos with ... mayo

What the gently caress man

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Some of that liquid is probably due to all the saline they inject:

Consumer Reports posted:

Costco’s rotisserie chicken has 460 mg of sodium per 3-ounce serving. That’s one-fifth of the maximum amount of sodium adults should consume in a day (2,300 mg).
Source

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

that explains why their white meat is always way juicier than any of my local grocery stores' rotiserrie chicken breasts

ello gov'na

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Jupiter posted:

Oh what, I want to cram these in my mouth immediately

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

binge crotching posted:

As long as it’s a chunky taco, a little squirt of mayonesa con limón is a heavenly topping.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mayonnaise tacos are good, Del Taco owns

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

binge crotching posted:

Mayo and soy sauce is a very Mexican combination. There's more to Mexican food than "Mexican food".

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who got Langoliers vibes

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

StormDrain posted:

Soondobu Jjigae made with jongga kimchi.

Needs to be amplified

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Costco brines the poo poo out of everything. I don't buy a lot of their nice cuts as they inject brine for no real reason

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Costco Meatballs posted:

Costco brines the poo poo out of everything. I don't buy a lot of their nice cuts as they inject brine for no real reason

Do they brine their meatballs?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Has anyone tried the cranberry jalapeño chicken meatballs?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Buddy I'm brined as we speak!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The brine is stored in the (meat)balls

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

When I was in high school I was super hungry after coming home from football practice and decided to just chow an entire costco chicken with my hands over the kitchen sink. My grandma thought it was the funniest poo poo ever.

One of the most surreal moments I had as a high school debate coach was walking into the classroom for practice and seeing a handful of teenagers standing around a rotisserie chicken picking it apart and eating it with their bare hands while chanting the school song as if they had purchased the rotisserie chicken as a sacrifice.

I backed out of the room slowly and let them have their moment.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

the kirkland signature hoodie owns so hard. quality is top notch especially for the price. i want to be buried in it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

the kirkland signature hoodie owns so hard. quality is top notch especially for the price. i want to be buried in it

I bought four of them for xmas gifts lol. I guess the fourth was more or less free because of that online deal

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
So how much does a raw chicken cost these days? Wondering if I should make the trip instead of just running to Kroger.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Remulak posted:

So how much does a raw chicken cost these days? Wondering if I should make the trip instead of just running to Kroger.

Almost certainly more than $5.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Where I live, a whole chicken at the grocery store is going to set you back $10-12 minimum. Probably $20+ for a fancy organic air chilled one. The value of a roto chicky from Costco is a no-brainer for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
These Fuji apples are great.