Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rigel posted:

so its both content moderation and Elon trying to mess with Apple's revenue?

Apple delisted loving Fortnite over this, they will absolutely boot off Twitter no problem lol.

Epic's mistake was not threatening to make a fortnite phone.

BE CAREFUL TIM COOK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Stoatbringer posted:

Elon has enough money that he could literally do this in real life, every day, and then shag supermodels on a big pile of sweets like Spawny Get from Viz.

[big video removed because big]

Instead he's spending his time being a whiny baby on twitter.

lol

But loving off and doing cool poo poo doesn't get you social validation.

Like, Bezos just generally fucks off and does what he wants. He's an evil man, but he isn't out here trying to get affirmation from @TrumpThatBitch2024.

Musk's emotionally broken. Billions of dollars isn't enough; he has some hosed up need to be some kind of genius and modern folk hero.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

lol worst kept secret ever, it's literally in the TOS and very plainly stated on lots of parts of the site when you sign up. Also it goes for any monetized app, they've always taken 30%, and not just from developers that make over a million. If your app has no monetization then it doesn't cost anything except $100,- annually to sign up as a developer. What in the world is he doing?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rigel posted:

so its both content moderation and Elon trying to mess with Apple's revenue?

Apple delisted loving Fortnite over this, they will absolutely boot off Twitter no problem lol.

didnt tencent money win the fortnight court fight?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Man, I wish I could be this not mad.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597290422375587840
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597291218714906626
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597293917707587585
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597295832759382016
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597300125243944961
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597301968208556032
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597302404239659008
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597285572699074560

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Blue Raider posted:

I want him to legit pick a fight with Apple

Specifically, the fight Tim Sweeny already picked

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Look, I'm sure the Twitter people who have built up a relationship with their Apple counterparts over the years will be able to talk with them, understand what steps need to be taken, and then Twitter's enormous staff of engineers who are standing at the ready for just such an occurrence will implement what they have to.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

"make over $1 million"

So it won't affect Twitter then

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

tim cook is going to dispatch apple team 6 to silence musks freesp each!!?!!??!?!!?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

TulliusCicero posted:

Apple should buy Tesla lmao

Why would Tim Apple want to deal with all the lawsuits over the AI beta driving killing accidents?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I'm sure apple's lawyers are writing some very spicy demands for damages right now based on Elons follower count + him artificially boosting his voice on twitter because he can force himself to appear in everyones feeds now and the damage to apples reputation that's ensued by elons libellous tweets.

To be honest, I expected something like this. I thought it'd be disney he'd decide to pick a crusade against (because of their WOKE MORALISING such as removing the racism from films or whatever) but him picking a fight with apple is much, much funnier.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 28, 2022

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
elin is so loving dumb. if he wanted everybody to love him, he could have just dropped a few billion on humanitarian poo poo and coasted on the press but instead he paid 44 billion to be a forum mod

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

The Awesomesaurus posted:

lol if he breaks out his dumb Latin poo poo again.

Risus abundat in ore stultorum. 🤣🤣

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ratjaculation posted:

"make over $1 million"

So it won't affect Twitter then

Haha goddamn

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

hotdog feet posted:

elin is so loving dumb. if he wanted everybody to love him, he could have just dropped a few billion on humanitarian poo poo and coasted on the press but instead he paid 44 billion to be a forum mod

Yeah but he wouldn’t be seen as a good poster then.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

The App Store review process is capricious and unpredictable even on a good day. The other FAANG companies have all spent decades and millions on creating teams whose sole purpose is to build and maintain a good working relationship with Apple so that the inevitable random rejection gets resolved quickly and peacefully.

And even with them, Apple is notorious for shooting first and asking questions later -- e.g. the time they revoked Facebook's enterprise certificate over a research VPN program, which disabled all of Facebook's beta builds and internal tooling.

This is one of those things you really don't want to try to tweet through, so of course Melon's gonna do it

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Its not a secret lmao.

I loving loathe working with Apple's app store and environments at work for our hosted apps, but lmao, they're very clear about it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/oneradchee/status/1597252841076559872?s=46&t=PcAfcjv2fQ9yQkW-vFiMgw

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He's totally going to use his dumbass latin phrase for the bot poll against Apple isn't he?

Holy poo poo this dude is absolute Clown mode

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hotdog feet posted:

It was inevitable, he already met one of the criteria

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Who buys Twitter after he finishes devaluing it? Microsoft?

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

People who live in opulent mansions shouldn't throw... apples. I don't loving know, this is the stupidest poo poo and I want a Gangs of New York style fight between Tim Apple and Elom Nusk.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deki posted:

Its not a secret lmao.

I loving loathe working with Apple's app store and environments at work for our hosted apps, but lmao, they're very clear about it.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1521543567943950336?s=20&t=nOltYhkrkN4qUldht6BGEQ
I guess he forgot.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blue Raider posted:

Who buys Twitter after he finishes devaluing it? Microsoft?

Comedy option: Apple

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Oh yeah??!? Well what if i shoot myself in the DICK!!! *angrily slams down phone*

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597303660224344064

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Buce posted:

Oh yeah??!? Well what if i shoot myself in the DICK!!! *angrily slams down phone*

It's this, but the gun is a prop from Human Revolution, and he just pisses his pants while Carl and Catturd tell him about the Jews

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
dude seems mad imo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

isn't this the guy who sells a car where if you push a button it charges you 14 thousand dollars so that it can cause car crashes more effeciently

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1596639940930158598

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

barely any of twitters revenue sources are subject to the apple tax, why is he so hung up on this

it's just :8bux: checkmarks and small ad buys, large ad buys aren't going through in-app purchase

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ullerrm posted:

And even with them, Apple is notorious for shooting first and asking questions later -- e.g. the time they revoked Facebook's enterprise certificate over a research VPN program, which disabled all of Facebook's beta builds and internal tooling.

Facebook absolutely deserved that one though -- they were using their "research" permissions which are supposed to be for internal testing only on a thing being deployed to customers, which was collecting data on everything they did on the internet.

I don't like apple very much and I strongly dislike the walled garden, but that is probably one of the worst possible examples to pick of apple abusing their power.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

ullerrm posted:

The App Store review process is capricious and unpredictable even on a good day. The other FAANG companies have all spent decades and millions on creating teams whose sole purpose is to build and maintain a good working relationship with Apple so that the inevitable random rejection gets resolved quickly and peacefully.

This is one of those things you really don't want to try to tweet through, so of course Melon's gonna do it

I mean yeah this is more of a "Let them fight" situation than anything else.

Apple still sucks in many ways, but am I gonna be upset when they beat the absolute stuffing out of Elon and his companies? :lol: absolutely not.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I hope someone sedates Elon soon to end this manic episode. I can't keep up with his self-destructive craziness!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

lol his cars have literal DLC unlockables and he's whining about Apple's cut for hosting the appstore

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

repiv posted:

barely any of twitters revenue sources are subject to the apple tax, why is he so hung up on this

it's just :8bux: checkmarks and small ad buys, large ad buys aren't going through in-app purchase

BECAUSE TWITTER BLUE IS HIS MONNEEEEEYYYYY!!!!

that's why

Random Stranger posted:

I hope someone sedates Elon soon to end this manic episode. I can't keep up with his self-destructive craziness!

I want him to never stop until he explodes like his cars

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Steadiman posted:

lol his cars have literal DLC unlockables and he's whining about Apple's cut for hosting the appstore

“These profits are too drat high” is an interesting talking point for a right winger.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Is Tim Apple a Jew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I suggested to Elon that the secret might be hidden somewhere in the Terms of Service that Twitter agreed to with Apple, and he might want to look there for clues. Now patiently waiting for my ban for hate speech.