Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Luis is funny in the way that Ian is funny. Just a dumb guy with too much confidence. Ian’s bits really aren’t that funny, but he says everything with such conviction that you just go along with him. Luis does the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

John Romero posted:

i mean his network has to be making big money now and he runs in all these circles but man does not even have a wiki

im not sure that gas digital is his.

i know skankfest brings in a lot of money, though.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I might be misremembering a conversation but at some point didn't Nick say a lot of comedians like Luis because he pays talent a fair amount for appearances?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah and he's actually good at booking

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i have a gas digital sub and i've never listened to anything but legion of skanks on it.

This is maybe the most embarrassing poo poo I've heard on these threads

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Yeah Nick actually praised skankfest because it’s a fest where everyone gets paid. Iirc he brought
it up when they were talking about that fest that had a $200 submission feed and the comics made sure to never watch the video, and after getting rejected it still had zero views.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Everyone agrees Luis is a businessman. Never funny though

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Crespolini posted:

Everyone agrees Luis is a businessman. Never funny though

i just wish jake would have sacked up and fought him

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
jesus christ there's some guy at this show doing the cape fear laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwhqWE_dYM&t=115s

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Yeah Nick actually praised skankfest because it’s a fest where everyone gets paid. Iirc he brought
it up when they were talking about that fest that had a $200 submission feed and the comics made sure to never watch the video, and after getting rejected it still had zero views.

that sounds like a fun little scam to pull on comedians, theyre probably a bit weary tho after vinny beedle successfully scammed multiple comedians on the east coast

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

John Romero posted:

i just wish jake would have sacked up and fought him

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Do you think it pisses off Jake that Luis has done more to improve working conditions and compensation for the working performer than he ever has

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Luis would absolutely destroy Jake.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Luis would absolutely destroy Jake.

i remember the one retarded guy (mark RaNdom?) tweeting at Jake that Luis isn’t as strong as he seems and that he had a shot if he had tried to rush him. A

speaking of jake man that was a wild rise and fall. he had a wild run where he was on fire eps of cum town, chapo and street fight in like the same month and was opening for Patton Oswalt, then he absolutely ate poo poo. there’s probably some off hand remark from Nick when he started popping off about how he would gently caress it up

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Not saying the other choice was good but loving lol at voting for zeldin as a gay jew

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
im glad ian is pro-cop

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

imhotep posted:

I was just concerned Ian was getting into some questionable circles after watching that guy Ryan long bomb for 2 hours straight to the point that every single joke he told was met with groans from the audience and a roasting by the guests, and even tony hinchcliffe realized it and said that the guy was probably going to commit suicide later.

But drat zac and Ian combined, what an ugly couple for a podcast

jesus christ I guess we know who Slimer was before he died

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I am viscerally repulsed by Zac Amico. juggalo comedy.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I've never seen Zac before. I loving love him. Truly a kindred soul.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
They call him the sniper

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im not sure that gas digital is his.

i know skankfest brings in a lot of money, though.

the "gas" in gas digital stands for Gomez, Amico, Smith. but it sounds like it's luis's moreso than the other two, as far as actually running it. When luis had redbar on his podcast he talked about it a little bit and how he was inspired by the idea after seeing how mike did it for a monthly fee of about 11 bucks and every other episode was free, and hosting it on his own site so it wouldn't get removed for TOS violations if they were too edgy, etc. I didn't know that gas stood for their last names until recently, but mike's old cohost sven stoeffels mentioned it on a recent episode and said how stupid it was to come up with a name like that first because then they had to make a bunch of gas related logos and graphics in general. sven did all the art work for this year's skankfest, which is why it was brought up i think.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I thought it stood for Sutton. Cause Ralph Sutton was the cofounder along with Luis.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

slave to my cravings posted:

I thought it stood for Sutton. Cause Ralph Sutton was the cofounder along with Luis.

oh yeah probably, i couldn't tell exactly what he said after 'gomez, amico' because of his thick netherlands accent

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

imhotep posted:

the "gas" in gas digital stands for Gomez, Amico, Smith. but it sounds like it's luis's moreso than the other two, as far as actually running it. When luis had redbar on his podcast he talked about it a little bit and how he was inspired by the idea after seeing how mike did it for a monthly fee of about 11 bucks and every other episode was free, and hosting it on his own site so it wouldn't get removed for TOS violations if they were too edgy, etc. I didn't know that gas stood for their last names until recently, but mike's old cohost sven stoeffels mentioned it on a recent episode and said how stupid it was to come up with a name like that first because then they had to make a bunch of gas related logos and graphics in general. sven did all the art work for this year's skankfest, which is why it was brought up i think.

Their site is surprisingly sophisticated, which made me doubt how much Louis was involved lol. Even has a help desk ticketing system for handling problems.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The bit on the latest episode with the british accents and jordans nightmare face made me die laughing.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Luis seems to know that you have to just pay for stuff instead of just winging it, paying your friends, wasting money until you get frustrated and end up at the same place where you started.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Speaking of Ian being politically retarded- is this his truck?

precision posted:

knew i saved a pic of it, finally found it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
here this skit has ian in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XI4VjgrYI

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also has Shane which is a bigger seller to press play

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yes it was his skit show

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
thank you for the skit i enjoyed it

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this isnt chapo traphouse quit being weird politics nerds about ian fidance

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Jah make pasta

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

It's been stuck in my brain too

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Ian with Jordan

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Mordja posted:

It's been stuck in my brain too

Any idea what it's from? It's currently destroying my life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jordan, is that you?

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

any time ian does his rasta impression he always has to end a sentence with DA BEACH

he rules

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I learned that from half baked just like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Any idea what it's from? It's currently destroying my life

I think she's riffing on the lyrics to Ian's record (13:21)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYImOJPF3Qg&t=801s