Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m just bewildered that they would attack a handicapped person out of the blue, it’s weird.

yeah weird huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Is this gonna be like when F1 had a race in Saudi literally the day after there was a missile strike a few miles from the track?

A couple nhl games just got cancelled because the arena in Nashville got flooded due to a city water main break. This stuff regularly happens everywhere. There’s enough to laugh at without being paranoid over fires. I don’t think there’s been much evidence of actual shoddy construction in the Qatari stadiums right? Like they’re fit for purpose, just horribly managed and built using slave labour.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Masonity posted:

Finally, the artificial clouds!

lol

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/HCeku/status/1596132884003241984?s=20&t=NYMoDivIwy8Dd3NyeG2keA

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The first reply, lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lol they're getting hyped up for the Switzerland game

Someone post the double eagle picture I'm being dumb and can't figure out image embeds anymore

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, you can't do that. that has to have consequences. (But it wont)

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
As a designated Serbia supporter, can confirm that Косово је Србија

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Not to take away from the serious issue but I can never get over how loving decadently fancy athlete locker rooms are these days. Not as disgusting a use of money as when college football locker rooms are like this but still. Just put some goddamn lockers and closets, not a loving spaceship pod.

With messages like these, they should be made to change outside in the desert.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Not to take away from the serious issue but I can never get over how loving decadently fancy athlete locker rooms are these days. Not as disgusting a use of money as when college football locker rooms are like this but still. Just put some goddamn lockers and closets, not a loving spaceship pod.

It's almost like you want to keep your multi-million dollar assets happy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Qatar suddenly very grateful we're talking about someone else's human rights record

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Rarity posted:

Qatar suddenly very grateful we're talking about someone else's human rights record

Strong likelihood that a Qatari put it up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

AceOfFlames posted:

I mean to be fair it is still a locker and bench on a basic level, I don't know even in the most decked out football locker room that I've seen anything hugely over the top. Though it is always fun watching stadium tours and seeing the extremely big difference between home and away facilities. I remember watching a tour of Anfield one time and the guy straight up said they want visiting teams to feel unwelcome.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

njsykora posted:

I mean to be fair it is still a locker and bench on a basic level, I don't know even in the most decked out football locker room that I've seen anything hugely over the top. Though it is always fun watching stadium tours and seeing the extremely big difference between home and away facilities. I remember watching a tour of Anfield one time and the guy straight up said they want visiting teams to feel unwelcome.

The away locker room at Iowa's football stadium has one toilet and one urinal. It's also painted a dull pink to "calm" the visitors.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pook Good Mook posted:

:rolleyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Serbs gonna serb

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Arivia posted:

A couple nhl games just got cancelled because the arena in Nashville got flooded due to a city water main break. This stuff regularly happens everywhere. There’s enough to laugh at without being paranoid over fires. I don’t think there’s been much evidence of actual shoddy construction in the Qatari stadiums right? Like they’re fit for purpose, just horribly managed and built using slave labour.

Missile strikes and water main breaks definitely seem like comparable situations, yes

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

AceOfFlames posted:

Nothing they have there is particularly expensive. It’s a relatively simple design with average materials, so unless you’re intentionally trying to make something lovely I’m not sure why you would do less.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Missile strikes and water main breaks definitely seem like comparable situations, yes

The fire near Lusail Stadium was a missile strike? What?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Serbs gonna serb
In a way it's kind of amazing that the entire Slavic world isn't in a permanent state of open conflict given how much they all hate each other.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TheRat posted:

Yeah, you can't do that. that has to have consequences. (But it wont)

Switzerland V Serbia is going to be great, assuming there's something at stake.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Crazy Ted posted:

In a way it's kind of amazing that the entire Slavic world isn't in a permanent state of open conflict given how much they all hate each other.

Majority of Slavs are united in their hate towards the big common enemy in the east.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nowher posted:

Majority of Slavs are united in their hate towards the big common enemy in the east.

Yeah, gently caress Micronesia

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Pook Good Mook posted:

this is haram

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Adidas could broker a truce between them or withhold their tracksuits

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Marco arnautovic suspiciously quiet atm

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Petition to call that one guy “Al-Sucka”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

One of the Portuguese weekly papers has an exclusive claiming that Qatar will blacklist Portugal as soon as the WC is over because our President pissed off everyone by ignoring calls for him to not attend the Cup in person and criticising Qatar's human rights abuses once he was actually in Qatar.

https://sol.sapo.pt/artigo/786442/portugal-vai-para-a-lista-negra-do-qatar

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Petition to call that one guy “Al-Sucka”

Stop loving posting about posters especially out of nowhere

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Stop loving posting about posters especially out of nowhere

Qatar’s World Cup has been so well-run and drama-free that there’s just not that much to talk about.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The two sexualities, straight and political

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
To support their continued lockdown, China has been editing coverage to cut pictures of maskless fans.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1597306777733038080

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

if I got shawarma comped, I'd do the same tbh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
free flights, accommodations, match tickets and food, plus a small stipend, you'll never sing that

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

the sex ghost posted:

free flights, accommodations, match tickets and food, plus a small stipend, you'll never sing that

We know who we are
We know who we are
Paid in schwarma to be here
We know who we are

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Famethrowa posted:

if I got shawarma comped, I'd do the same tbh

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1597276175474515970?t=yQWpGT-LN-JckJxSH__alg&s=09

For this dry rear end shawarma that's in a tortilla for some reason?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Zisky posted:

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1597276175474515970?t=yQWpGT-LN-JckJxSH__alg&s=09

Wonder what that faill rear end shawarma would cost a week after the World Cup if it were sold on a street corner in Qatar instead.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
QR5-8 from any one of the thousands of places in the city. That's a much better price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Zisky posted:

...wheres the garlic sauce? wheres the tahini?