Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Any poster in this thread, chosen at random, would be better at business than Elon Umsk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Yes they do. They took down everything Facebook made on a specific developer account years ago. They took down Fortnite, even. They don’t give any fucks.

Musk thinks he’s baiting fish but actually it’s just two very large sharks.

Why not done??

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

There's a million different grounds for Apple kicking an app off its platform, including no ground at all, since that's the nature of a private platform. More than the racism, Apple is not going to let some dumbass start a fight over its cut of the revenue and let them get away with it, even if said revenue is like thirty-six bucks and change.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

goatface posted:

Apple supposedly used to have a liquid 100 billion dollar war chest to use if they needed poo poo sorted right now and in a nuclear fashion. I wonder if they still do.

Hmmm, lets see. *look up 2021 Apple 10-k, scroll down to balance sheet*

$134 billion in current assets. If you exclude inventory and receivables, then they have about $80 billion right the gently caress now, and I assume they could get more from receivables quickly if you gave them a couple months notice.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Blue Raider posted:

Apple doesn’t give a gently caress about any of that

Apple absolutely does
it's part of their Brand Interaction Experience

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Twitter Chud: That's it, I'm done with Apple!
once our 2 year+ phone contracts expire!!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Rigel posted:

Hmmm, lets see. *look up 2021 Apple 10-k, scroll down to balance sheet*

$134 billion in current assets. If you exclude inventory and receivables, then they have about $80 billion right the gently caress now, and I assume they could get more from receivables quickly if you gave them a couple months notice.

Maybe smart brain genius Elon Musk is cleverly reverse-psychology-ing Apple into buying Twitter. 7th dimensional chess

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Apple won't remove Twitter for the app store for anything Musk tweets (I mean, Musk, feel free to prove me wrong) but absolutely will if they try to dodge the Apple Store tax so good luck with that one.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Blue Raider posted:

Apple doesn’t give a gently caress about any of that

Parler and Fortnite got removed from the apple store for republican nazi poo poo and publicly picking a fight with apple over app store cuts, respectively. These things both happened in the last couple years and were extensivey covered in the news.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Meatball posted:

Any poster in this thread, chosen at random, would be better at business than Elon Umsk
I think I can safely say I would not have agreed to buy Twitter at an inflated price without doing any research.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597333438524448768

Rise up!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597336812732575744

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 28, 2022

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
But uve been suspending people that speak out against you and your bullshit company

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Preoptopus posted:

But uve been suspending people that speak out against you and your bullshit company

Exactly. You're free to speak when you agree with Elon. It's in the Constitution of the World, written by god himself over a hundred years ago. Otherwise you're a sinner and Jesus bans you

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh no! Elon is going to reveal the nefarious moderation processes of Twitter that gave an extreme amount of leniency to fascists while hammering down on everyone else!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Just to let everyone know, "free speech" means nazis.
Elon speaks street.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

So...he's going to make his own company's records public...to shame Apple for censorship?

How many Teslas do I need to own/ cocaine to binge to understand this strategy?

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Random Stranger posted:

Oh no! Elon is going to reveal the nefarious moderation processes of Twitter that gave an extreme amount of leniency to fascists while hammering down on everyone else!

I mean... that's probably the reality, but it's not unlikely that he'd have a sycophant pick and choose what gets shown in order to manufacture a narrative. Wouldn't be the first time Elon has had someone make poo poo up on his behalf.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

He's going full Lindell!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My favourite thing about Musk is this thread, and that no matter what time it is he is online and tweeting content.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The Twitter Files is The X-Files except instead of "Scully it's an alien" it's "Scully it's a lib"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rigel posted:

I'm guessing that Elon's sudden anger and hostility to Apple which may seem to us to be coming from nowhere, is probably due to some recent directive from Apple we don't know about commanding Twitter to make some changes that Elon doesn't like. Given Elon's sudden free speech tirade against Apple, my guess is that Apple said "get rid of the nazis and the hate speech or else"

It’s probably just that he’s trying to do features that involve in app payments and is finding out that Apple takes a huge cut of those.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is Elon manic enough to specifically name and shame moderators that did their job? We're about to find out I guess...

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Ratjaculation posted:

My favourite thing about Musk is this thread, and that no matter what time it is he is online and tweeting content.

I keep on saying to myself “boy I better get some work done” and then Elon posts 3 more times

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Not spending money with Elon's companies is evil censorship. This is because capitalisamsdhabhabhabhfbaghaghangk

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

He's trying to channel Trump with this vague revelation thing

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I stopped paying attention to the idiot billionaire for a week and it feels like a
I came back to exactly where I left off. Like a sitcom with characters that never learns a lesson.

I have never signed up for Twitter. I kept thinking maybe, but then would realize it's all the stupid of the internet compressed. If Elon blows it up because he's mad trans people exist that would really be something. I tell you whut.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Decon posted:

I mean... that's probably the reality, but it's not unlikely that he'd have a sycophant pick and choose what gets shown in order to manufacture a narrative. Wouldn't be the first time Elon has had someone make poo poo up on his behalf.

It's almost a dead certainty that Elon's hand-written "look at the Twitter censorship machine!" report is going to make him look worse.

Also, there has been real reporting on Twitter and Facebook moderation and it was well-known that conservatives got the kid gloves treatment while other voices who got dog piled by the conservatives got an arbitrary iron fist.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 28, 2022

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Ratjaculation posted:

certainly seems to have a lot of free time for a CEO of three huge companies.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

These manic episodes are becoming longer and more frequent.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

The Twitter Files is The X-Files except instead of "Scully it's an alien" it's "Scully it's a lib"

agent musk, in my office, NOW.as a member of the FBI there are certain protocols and procedures. procedures which you failed to follow.
"i just want the truth, sir"

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

koshmar posted:

He’s already got the Diet Coke down. If Trump won’t give Twitter his time, it’s up to Musk to become Trump in mind, body and soul.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
In all likelihood, Apple will issue a stern warning over the Twitter content, but Lonnie will pull some bullshit about not paying the dev fee, and Tim Apple will let out a huge sigh before pulling the plug.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

koshmar posted:

Gives me Qanon vibes, too.

"The storm is coming" - a moment when all will be revealed, your Enemies will finally suffer, and you will be vindicated at last.

There's people who expect to see something like source code which states "if tweet.sentiment = conservative, then shadowban", or an official human written list titled "Conservatives To Suppress" from Twitter Trust & Safety with a signature at the bottom which states "personally approved by Hillary Clinton".

The reality, of course, is that content moderation is messy and difficult and its grey area corner cases all the way down. The actual files would be more like "Here's a chain of two hundred emails and seven documents, with comments, where we deliberated exactly how to define Hate Speech for six months and, in the end, some anti-trans stuff fell under this policy so a few accounts got whacked for repeatedly deadnaming people with intent to antagonize".

"Even then, two of the suspensions required director level approval because the accounts were prominent."

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 28, 2022

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

lol elon paid 44bn to build his own total perspective vortex and its full of nazis

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

jeffreyw posted:

He’s already got the Diet Coke down. If Trump won’t give Twitter his time, it’s up to Musk to become Trump in mind, body and soul.

I still remember the trump McDonalds order. 2 fillet of fish, and 2 Big Macs. Oh and a chocolate malt.

Get eating, Musky boy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

koshmar posted:

All the damning evidence will be made public. In two weeks!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Musk uses "Free Speech" like a sovereign citizen using code words to get out of consequences

"The Apple app has a gold fringe, it's maritime internet law"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

loving lib apple donating 97% of its contributions to democrats. Not like fair and balanced Tesla donating a mere modest 91% of its lobbying to democrats

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

roffles posted:

lol elon paid 44bn to build his own total perspective vortex and its full of nazis

With how much Trump paid for truth social this really makes him look like some kind of idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

roffles posted:

This is actually a really good analogy because he looked inside and learned he was not the most important man in the universe, so it destroyed his mind.