Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so the two bugs i know about currently besides this newly announced "picking up resources crashes the game at the end of a round" are:
-combat knives that cause a stack of bleed "on hit" count the bleed damage ticks as "a hit" and therefore stack upon themselves to the maximum amount possible and last infinitely
-"+x% damage to elites" on weapons is bugged and doing 10 times the amount it should be, so a +8% is actually doing a +80%

are there any other high profile ones people know about besides general crashiness and glitchiness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
There's the Zealot penance one, where "Finishing a mission" also includes failing it :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Exodee posted:

There's the Zealot penance one, where "Finishing a mission" also includes failing it :v:

The mission's over, isn't it?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Has max item level been determined yet? Based on the upgrade stuff, Blessings range from 25-55 points, and bonuses range from 10-25.

I figured cap was 500, which meant that the best gray item would be 340 (160 increase from 2 max bonuses and 2 max blessings), but then apparently from looking around, someone got a 358 gray item, meaning possible cap of 518.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Exodee posted:

lmao

e: Ugh almost cheesed the cheevo then a person joined and ruined it. Sorry pubbies! :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 28, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DontMindMe posted:

Has max item level been determined yet? Based on the upgrade stuff, Blessings range from 25-55 points, and bonuses range from 10-25.

I figured cap was 500, which meant that the best gray item would be 340 (160 increase from 2 max bonuses and 2 max blessings), but then apparently from looking around, someone got a 358 gray item, meaning possible cap of 518.

I think I remember someone saying 380 is the upward cap on the base stat budget (i.e. Where white quality items cap out). The jump every time you consecrate isn't really increasing the base stats of a weapon, but the score of the new modifier or trait. The math gets kind of fuzzy when you buy a vendor blue/purple/orange because you don't really know how much of the score is weighted to the base bars vs the item modifiers.

It would not surprise me if 518+ is possible if it's rolled absolutely perfectly (I. E. Maximum score to the bar gods, plus perfect modifier / trait rolls) but the going to be a lot of fuzzy math needed to figure that out.

The score range that's given for blue > purple consecrate is between 10 and 25 points and purple to orange is like 25 to 40 points. Given that each one adds a modifier and a trait and that is mirrored from white >blue as it is from blue > orange, 370ish seems like the correct ilevel of a white to make it worth the consecration journey.

For a good example, my crazy orange rumbler that is ilevel 489 was a vendor purchased blue that was ilevel 430 when I got it.

For the moment, I'd just work on the assumption that closer to 500 is more betterer.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The only achievement I feel like I've cheesed so far is the "5 kills with last round in your clip" because I used a revolver :blastu:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

finally got to play around with the voidstrike staff and in addition to being much more effective at crowd control than the trauma staff before it, much more effective at damage than the surge staff, and a lot simpler to use than either, something i have to point out is how incredibly little peril it generates compared to either of the others, too. maybe i just got a good roll with it that had a lot of peril resistance or something, but the only times in the game that i've managed to blow myself up were loving around with the surge staff and meanwhile i can spam fireballs like nobody's business.

part of it's also inadvertently the fact that it's so good at mulching massive amounts of weaklings that it procs the psyker's chance to vent peril on kill ludicrously often, too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kaysette posted:

The only achievement I feel like I've cheesed so far is the "5 kills with last round in your clip" because I used a revolver :blastu:

Pubbies keep trying to save me, ruining everything

On the plus side they're pretty good lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the trauma/conflagration staff definitely needs a hell of a lot of love. the idea seems to be that it can knock over a huge aoe, but it charges insanely slowly, has an incredibly limited range, only actually causes appreciable damage to the target in the dead center of the explosion, and not an insane amount at that. meanwhile the voidstrike staff charges quickly, can be fired at range, actually does damage (and lots of it), and the aoe doesn't seem appreciably smaller than the trauma staff for knockdowns. as it stands it does every single thing the trauma staff does but better.

it's weird because from what i remember in vermintide 2 the conflagration staff was loved for spamming little explosions to just stunlock everything? did that get changed along the way?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 28, 2022

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

RBA Starblade posted:

lmao

e: Ugh almost cheesed the cheevo then a person joined and ruined it. Sorry pubbies! :v:
Have you tried queueing for a mission that's just about to end? You'll minimize "helpful" pubbies that way, or even get Zealots sharing the same braincell which is what happened to me :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Exodee posted:

Have you tried queueing for a mission that's just about to end? You'll minimize "helpful" pubbies that way, or even get Zealots sharing the same braincell which is what happened to me :v:

Lol does that count also for the wounded 75% of the time in 10 min one, awesome

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

It's not nearly as satisfying as the bolter or plasma gun but I got a decent recon lasgun and uhhh :stare: is there any practical reason even consider using anything else? There's just no recoil, and decent damage means you can aim at head level and sweep left to right to wipe out an entire mob effortlessly, even if there are elites in there. I guess it doesn't have any stopping power but if you can kill most enemies outright and your teammates can help you stagger the heaviest guys, it seems ridiculously powerful

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It's not nearly as satisfying as the bolter or plasma gun but I got a decent recon lasgun and uhhh :stare: is there any practical reason even consider using anything else? There's just no recoil, and decent damage means you can aim at head level and sweep left to right to wipe out an entire mob effortlessly, even if there are elites in there. I guess it doesn't have any stopping power but if you can kill most enemies outright and your teammates can help you stagger the heaviest guys, it seems ridiculously powerful

There's not much reason to use anything else, mostly because of the ammo. The recon las has pretty much everything going for it without any downsides. I would consider using the autoguns if they had comparable ammo reserves. But unless that happens, I'll be alternating between the full-auto las and the semi-auto las whenever I get tired of one.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kaysette posted:

I got that by accident using the combat shotgun, somehow

Edit: actually i bet its because i had to do a few nailbiter kills where i would just rack in one round at a time. So you could cheese it easy that way

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This gun is kinda awesome. It is pinpoint accurate, fast reload and hits pretty hard. Its main weakness that I see is that it does NOTHING against heavily armored targets:

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

This gun is kinda awesome. It is pinpoint accurate, fast reload and hits pretty hard. Its main weakness that I see is that it does NOTHING against heavily armored targets:

Someone posted a clip earlier of a recon lasgun with like a burn modifier on it that went right through a bulwark's shield and presumably it's carapace armor too.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Re: crashing at end of round

https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1597317757837934592?t=7IbR8s4ZvBpz3Rg7qMlmwg&s=19

This launch is going to be a complete shitshow and I'm here for it. Just what the gently caress guys

Lol what

Dramicus posted:

There's not much reason to use anything else, mostly because of the ammo. The recon las has pretty much everything going for it without any downsides. I would consider using the autoguns if they had comparable ammo reserves. But unless that happens, I'll be alternating between the full-auto las and the semi-auto las whenever I get tired of one.

I just unlocked it so haven't spent much time with it but I don't like the iron sights.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 28, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fishstick posted:

I got that by accident using the combat shotgun, somehow

Edit: actually i bet its because i had to do a few nailbiter kills where i would just rack in one round at a time. So you could cheese it easy that way

I'm pretty sure this one doesn't work the way people think it does. I got the cheevo with a laspistol, which explicitly cannot penetrate 5 people on one shot.

The way that achievement is worded, I think rather than it being "kill 5 individuals with a single shot using the last bullet loaded" it's actually "kill someone with the last bullet loaded on five separate occasions in a single map". Which would be super difficult if you're not use to shooting yourself dry before reloading. It'll really gently caress with the people who do tactical reloads constantly. Not hard at all of you use shotgun and use the special attack to keep loading a single round, or the revolver that extremely consistently kills in one hit and reloads lots.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 29, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It performs well in its role, which you mentioned, but it struggles a lot in taking on enemies that are tougher than basic trash. You really have to hold the button down to kill Cultist guardsmen and special gunners, which are a lot of what the vet is supposed to be doing. The slower firing rifle does better since you can deliver more reliable headshots and pop it all at once rather than longer bursts, but it doesn't sweep mobs as well.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 29, 2022

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Looks like they changed something today with shop weapons at level 30, yesterday they always spawned with T3 blessings with some T4, today they're all T1 and T2.

(Definitely don't sell weapons with T3 blessings, probably don't sell anything blue+. once the new crafting options go in you can turn blessings into candles or something)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

it did seem weird that T1 blessings only appear around level 20 and then it was all T3+ at 30

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
What are good non-forcesword psyker options for melee? I wanna like it but I have years of "melee dudes surprised me => block and push" ingrained in me and with the force sword and juggling high peril its just a liability that gets me blown up way too much. Im using the axe right now which is okay, but I'm hoping there's better options

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Someone posted a clip earlier of a recon lasgun with like a burn modifier on it that went right through a bulwark's shield and presumably it's carapace armor too.

Ooo. Gotta keep an eye out for that.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Fishstick posted:

What are good non-forcesword psyker options for melee? I wanna like it but I have years of "melee dudes surprised me => block and push" ingrained in me and with the force sword and juggling high peril its just a liability that gets me blown up way too much. Im using the axe right now which is okay, but I'm hoping there's better options

Probably either chain sword or duel.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

finally setting up a dedicated dodge key after jumping one too many times and getting netted

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fishstick posted:

Go for chainsword. Similar niche as the force sword (I. E. Charge it to do more damage to tough poo poo, fairly good cleave and horde clear without sacrificing the ability to pop harder enemies, good all-rounder) without costing perils.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm pretty sure this one doesn't work the way people think it does. I got the cheevo with a laspistol, which explicitly cannot penetrate 5 people on one shot.

The way that achievement is worded, I think rather than it being "kill 5 individuals with a single shot using the last bullet loaded" it's actually "kill someone with the last bullet loaded on five separate occasions in a single map". Which would be super difficult if you're not use to shooting yourself dry before reloading. It'll really gently caress with the people who do tactical reloads constantly. Not hard at all of you use shotgun and use the special attack to keep loading a single round, or the revolver that extremely consistently kills in one hit and reloads lots.

I think you’re the only one who thought it worked the first way. It’s real easy, you just have to not reload.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

finally setting up a dedicated dodge key after jumping one too many times and getting netted

Yeah, I did the same and much prefer it. I kept dodge on space and jump to c.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a way to skip the intro cutscene(s) and "press space to proceed" and just launch straight to the character select? It's pretty annoying especially considering how often the game crashes.

edit: \/ that explains why using the flamer isn't helping with contracts that involve getting ranged kills \/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

For what it's worth the flamer does not count as "shooting" so you can get the zealot achievement to beat a mission without shooting while shooting your flamer constantly all mission long.

e: Also the game disconnects you if you're afk in the hub for 15 minutes, but if you go in the meat grinder it won't.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

Which key did you end up picking? In Vermintide 2 I have jumping bound to shift, but obviously that's sprinting in Darktide.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Does anyone know if this blessing gives a 10% toughless heal on each swing, or just a 10% max toughness buff?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

Does anyone know if this blessing gives a 10% toughless heal on each swing, or just a 10% max toughness buff?

You gain back toughness.

eg: if you have 100 toughness, you'd get 10 back when it procs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

How did they gently caress that up when they managed to patch out teleporting enemies in VT2. Oh well I still love them.

This is why I'm not worried about it getting fixed, Fatshark has a lot of experience in fixing the same bugs twice.

Sometimes thrice.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's the trick for five kills with the last shot in the mag for Marksman penance? Bolter? Plasma? (I assume it means five with one shot, and not killing one guy with your last shot five times through the mission, but who knows?) Managing plasma's ammo is a bastard and a half and I can only get it down to even numbers rather than 1. Bolter I can get there but not sure what it would take to drop five walkers with one shot.

Also, I keep seeing people talking Ogryn builds/strategy bringing up how one weapon or another automatically counts all strikes as heavy melee attacks. For which weapons is that true, and where is it documented?

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Speaking of buggy penances, apparently the Veteran one where you need 100% accuracy and 0 ammo left can also be cheesed by alt-f4'ing (don't do it via the menu or you'll perma-leave) and reconnecting right before the end - as that'll reset your accuracy stats.

That's not the best part though because for the 100% accuracy thing hitting teammates (where they see the green marker) also counts as hitting. I just helped three Vets cheese the penance that way and they got it. :fatshark:

It heals, and also goes up to +15%. Amazing perk to get on an Eviscerator too.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Fishstick posted:

I like any of the Agile weapons, that being the Combat Knife, Tactical Axe, and Dueling Sword, primarily because they're fast and have significantly larger dodges than all other weapons--the Combat Knife having a larger dodge than the other two. Personally I use the Tactical Axe, primarily the MK II since the first hit in the light chain is an overhead, but it's also the only agile that doesn't have infinite cleave, so you might find you like one of the other two since the Combat Knife is incredible at horde control and the Dueling Sword basically only has attacks that demolish head weakspots.

The Combat Knife gives bonus movespeed and has decent penetration when you do a charged attack. You also flip it around a bunch while you use it and it has different block animations based on where you are in your combo. Basically what I'm saying is it's the loving best and the only reason I'm not using it is because it's the exact same as Sienna's dagger and I used that for hundreds of hours already.

I know people hate the Bolter's iron sights but I desperately want them to add a skin for it that's Literally Just the Volley Crossbow, like just import the model, because it literally doesn't have iron sights at all and is just as blocky and would be loving hilarious for me specifically.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

I don't know how to record videos without going through a huge process to upload them to youtube and gently caress that, but you're comparing (1) taking your time lining up headshots against stationary enemies with two precision weapons to (2) trying to... do the same thing with an autoaim Smartgun SMG with huge fire rate. There's also an enormous difference in Rating between the Braced AG you're testing vs. the other two.

I was going to record a video of me wildly spinning my view around with a rapid fire bolter and killing nothing as evidence of how any gun is bad when you use it in a bad way :smith:

I do agree that the autogun feels bad in the "enemies don't move" hologram simulator but I use a 315 Rating MK2 Braced Autogun in 4* right now over ~430 rating options in other weapons because it's the only one that actually feels worthwhile. Everything else is worse than switching to melee and running in, in my experience. It has the mobility, the accuracy, autoaim to compensate for enemy movement, enough damage in 1 mag to take down 2 ragers + a scab, near-instant switching, near-instant reloading, enormous ammo efficiency, etc.

Isn't rating more a quick indicator of value rather than a real weapon stat? It's the sum of the five bars, plus an amount for each property/trait from the rarity/colour

Damage is purely from the damage bar plus any modifiers from character and item properties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

For what it's worth the flamer does not count as "shooting" so you can get the zealot achievement to beat a mission without shooting while shooting your flamer constantly all mission long.

e: Also the game disconnects you if you're afk in the hub for 15 minutes, but if you go in the meat grinder it won't.

Hmmm that has absolutely not been my experience with the flamer and I’ve been using it for some time now. Are you just never using the left click puff of flame?