Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Doesn't Apple bring in almost $400 billion in annual revenue? That's twice Elon's highest total net worth in a single year. And their market cap is over $2 trillion, which is 4x Tesla's overinflated and rapidly shrinking market cap. He's gonna get crushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Shaking lemur butt posted:

It's amazing the amount of cognitive dissonance going on, when you get poo poo like this in-between him squawking about being a centrist.

I love and hate how I can't tell if you're serious or joking about the shop I made being a real tweet or a joke.
I love and hate how it could totally be something he tweets within the next hour.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

confused posted:

I have so many questions. First off, did he post this because it thought it made himself look cool? If so, what percentage of the population would look at this image and say, "Man, that's a cool guy!"

He's doing his part to own the Libs

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

confused posted:

I have so many questions. First off, did he post this because it thought it made himself look cool? If so, what percentage of the population would look at this image and say, "Man, that's a cool guy!"

He’s posting it because he’s high af on benzos and has literally no inhibition. The same reason he bought twitter.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

confused posted:

Exactly the same percentage of the population that already thinks he's cool. Maybe slightly less.

I can't overstate how sexless and pathetic the average Musk fanboy is.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Machai posted:

Doesn't Apple bring in almost $400 billion in annual revenue? That's twice Elon's highest total net worth in a single year. And their market cap is over $2 trillion, which is 4x Tesla's overinflated and rapidly shrinking market cap. He's gonna get crushed.

That will change once musk puts together his dream team of giant right wing companies like MyPillow and…uh, I guess that rifle coffee brand? Their combined might will crush apple.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

confused posted:

It's product placement, paid for by whoever makes the George Washington flintlock replicas. Musk's latest scheme for monetization is to personally tweet out $44 billion of sponsored products. Next he'll have a bed selfie with a mypillow while a spilled bottle of brain pills rests next to him.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

confused posted:

The same percentage of the population that can look at Trump and somehow come out with positive sentiments about the guy.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

elon's bazinga bros will storm apple's headquarters on jan. 6th to get their favorite app reinstated on the app store

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
I get the feeling that Twitter's ad revenue is going great based on what I've been seeing since the takeover.

COOL!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Preoptopus posted:

I'd buy these gay forums and sell em to musk for 60

tbf if Leon knew that there was a thread making fun of him for being a loving moronic sex pest that loves to pal around with nazis and child molesters he would probably buy SA just to ban anyone that pointed out these simple facts.

I vote that all posters ITT should be given 100 shares in the SA forums then forward the thread to him so he buys the shares for $420.69

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ponzicar posted:

It's product placement, paid for by whoever makes the George Washington flintlock replicas. Musk's latest scheme for monetization is to personally tweet out $44 billion of sponsored products. Next he'll have a bed selfie with a mypillow while a spilled bottle of brain pills rests next to him.

Just lol @the thought of muck trying to generate revenue by streaming like one of those random people on Amazon that pop up every now and then

He gonna turn Twitter into the next home shopping network

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Random Stranger posted:

It's almost a dead certainty that Elon's hand-written "look at the Twitter censorship machine!" report is going to make him look worse.

Also, there has been real reporting on Twitter and Facebook moderation and it was well-known that conservatives got the kid gloves treatment while other voices who got dog piled by the conservatives got an arbitrary iron fist.

It’s a certainty that he is only going to release information that fits his narrative

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Somehow worse than Leon's?

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1597282441198436353

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Philthy posted:

if i had 44 billion id give everyone in the world 5 billion

I hear that would be a life changing cheque for a lot of people

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Bronze Fonz posted:

I love and hate how I can't tell if you're serious or joking about the shop I made being a real tweet or a joke.
I love and hate how it could totally be something he tweets within the next hour.

Yeah, I was being serious. It seemed so plausible he'd post something like that I just assumed it was real.

E: Not just plausible, but likely.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Troubadour posted:

I get the feeling that Twitter's ad revenue is going great based on what I've been seeing since the takeover.

COOL!

I thought the bored ape thing fell apart

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Troubadour posted:

COOL!

Is boogaloo still a thing? Are they still wearing Hawaiian prints as a dog whistle for nazism? I remember that being a thing a few years ago.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I can't imagine Apple is in a good mood right now considering a contractor got killed and like 16 others hurt when a car rammed into an Apple store near Boston last week. Tim Cook was seen in the area this weekend and they think he was meeting with the survivors. There's a lawsuit being started as it's been noted that the store didn't have those crash prevention poles in front. So yeah, good time to gently caress around with Apple.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

ilmucche posted:

What the gently caress is a bored ape?

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

ilmucche posted:

To be fair, this company selling a derivative cash-in on bored apes is actually providing a product of infinitely greater value.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I'm the Dune book left on the floor for some reason.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

LOL

I have to say though, I got one of those salt lamps from a crystal mommy and I really like it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Imagine having enough money to buy Alexander Hamiltons actual dueling pistols and instead spending $150 on some crap Knick-knack.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

bottom right is a Q Honey Badger, an overpriced, over-designed AR with questionable build quality/reliability and a blowhard moron of a CEO. it makes perfect sense, of course Tesla guys are the type of people that spend $3k on an AR with a fancy finish.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Jelly posted:

LOL

I have to say though, I got one of those salt lamps from a crystal mommy and I really like it.

They produce ozone and are a fire hazard be careful

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Holy poo poo he's even more thin-skinned than we could possibly imagine
https://twitter.com/ericzhu105/status/1597246407546908679

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

BadOptics posted:

I'm the Dune book left on the floor for some reason.

https://twitter.com/Normal_n_Online/status/1597296609435750401

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Why do these dorks want to boycott apple if they drop Twitter? Aren't they going to Tesla phones and Chromebooks that are re-formatted to have elons face over everything?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Imagine having enough money to buy Alexander Hamiltons actual dueling pistols and instead spending $150 on some crap Knick-knack.

not that hard to imagine

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
caffeine free Diet Coke? apartheid clyde is genuinely broken as a human for that alone

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"Elon, look at me and my bedside table! I drink coke too! See! Elon? I have guns too Elon!"

poo poo is so loving pathetic god drat it really is just trump and his cultists but different.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

nexous posted:

They produce ozone and are a fire hazard be careful

You piqued my interest but it is really difficult to find a reliable source for information surrounding "negative ionization".

I only turn it on for a few hours when I watch TV at night, but I'm still curious.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jelly posted:

LOL

If it gets humid where you are, those things can drip and leave salty crusts behind

(Just like your crystal mommy)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

explosivo posted:

"Elon, look at me and my bedside table! I drink coke too! See! Elon? I have guns too Elon!"

poo poo is so loving pathetic god drat it really is just trump and his cultists but different.
People who worship billionaires should straight-up be euthanized.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Troubadour posted:

To be fair, this company selling a derivative cash-in on bored apes is actually providing a product of infinitely greater value.

That's both true and saddening

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Why do these dorks want to boycott apple if they drop Twitter? Aren't they going to Tesla phones and Chromebooks that are re-formatted to have elons face over everything?

Given Google's propensity to do everything Apple does but 6-18 months later, if Twitter disappears from the App Store it will probably disappear from Google Play shortly after.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s funny that elon is getting his followers all spun up on the apple thing, I doubt that they have even said anything to musk yet. Things are too chaotic right now and it would only be when there’s more of a definite pattern of things they can remove an app for would they even start the process, and I doubt they’re there yet.

Just getting his weirdos all freaky deaky helps drive the engagement on the platform though!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Lol

Just remembered Elon had a "quote" from Dune (it wasn't Dune); I bet that guy just bought a copy off Amazon to see what great leader reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

BadOptics posted:

Lol

Just remembered Elon had a "quote" from Dune (it wasn't Dune); I bet that guy just bought a copy off Amazon to see what great leader reads.

then he got mad about all the A-RABS