Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Runa posted:

I'm glad for the US goon fund organizers and the work you all are doing.

massive shout out to the committee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Fsmhunk posted:

This should be a ban tbh.
:thejoke:

It's in my bank account now to finish covering the check I wrote to the utility company yesterday to keep my power on. Lucky it's city-owned so I could get an extension this long. Sincere thanks again 500 good dogs

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Runa posted:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Runa posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Runa posted:

:ussr:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im gonna thank all the goons who have stepped up so quickly to help.

:worship:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

being not a proud :911: i've had nothing to add to this thread, but as someone who's had to fire sale personal possessions to be able to keep a roof over my head in the past i appreciate the effort kingcobweb and the other organizers have put into building this, mad respect to you

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Where's the spreadsheet?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wheeee posted:

being not a proud :911: i've had nothing to add to this thread, but as someone who's had to fire sale personal possessions to be able to keep a roof over my head in the past i appreciate the effort kingcobweb and the other organizers have put into building this, mad respect to you

Lol you've fired people, gently caress off.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

:raise:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I read it as fire personnel lol

Not correcting, I will live with the shame.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

MonsieurChoc posted:

can you read

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

actual buckling lolling

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Asproigerosis posted:

Where's the spreadsheet?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

really queer Christmas posted:

So far $830 has been disbursed to cover 4.5 requests from goons.

We have had 7 people donate or sign up to be personal donors during this time.

We have one request that has been half fulfilled. (At work so I have not checked requests this morning that are pending)

Thank you to speng for keeping track of all of that.

If anyone who has used the form has any suggestions on changes, please feel free to post it here or pm one of the committee members. We have made some changes already based on what we've experienced. As well, to reiterate what speng said - we are only keeping track of money donated and usernames. We are not keeping any other personal info submitted to us.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Where's the spreadsheet?

wheres your mutual aid fund lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

:agreed:

the donors who have volunteered so far have all been fantastic, and as per usual:

speng31b posted:

we ask for anyone willing to donate to PM a committee member with what you can do (reasonable $ limit on requests, can you use PayPal or Venmo or both, any other preferences).

thanks to the donors who have volunteered so far;

- $1785 distributed
- 10 donors registered
- 8 requests fulfilled
- none in progress

e: edited numbers with new donors since original post

speng31b has issued a correction as of 03:07 on Nov 30, 2022

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'm glad to see this is going well. Keep it up!

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

maybe this has already been covered but what resources if any are available to people outside the US & UK?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

heres an image of a spreadsheet

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

ted hitler hunter posted:

maybe this has already been covered but what resources if any are available to people outside the US & UK?

From the UKMTSF unfortunately we can't offer aid outside of our lovely little trash island, there's just too many what if's and unknowns about moving money overseas for us to want to open that up.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Seriously, we had a large request yesterday we were worried about meeting but thanks to so many new donors we were able to meet it while still leaving us some room for more requests until we can file (we are being foiled by a states requirement to file incorporation by paper right now).

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

if i had to guess i would say this person is just scamming these funds

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

this is the most cspam post, it should be in a museum

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

That DICK! posted:

this is the most cspam post, it should be in a museum

Any goon can misread a post then post dumb poo poo, it is not unique to cspam.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
filling is being mailed out so the donation system + overdetailed spreadsheets soon*
*"soon" based on speed of usps and local state bureaucracy

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

at the very least they are acting scummy enough to poison the well and drive away potential donors

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

at the very least they are acting scummy enough to poison the well and drive away potential donors

i know there's ongoing drama but id really rather not start this sort of thing here. there's no desire or need to scrutinize people's opinions of how this is run or managed. all id ask is for people to present concerns in good faith and treat others with the sort of courtesy one should get in a charity thread.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

im still perfectly willing to donate money to da goon fund

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

heres an image of a spreadsheet

how is this possible

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i know there's ongoing drama but id really rather not start this sort of thing here. there's no desire or need to scrutinize people's opinions of how this is run or managed. all id ask is for people to present concerns in good faith and treat others with the sort of courtesy one should get in a charity thread.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

MonsieurChoc posted:

hahaha

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Also I, personally, would rather we give too much to people that don't need it than not give enough to people who need it. I cannot speak to the other committee members opinion on this, but that's mine.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

how is this possible

we had a large request yesterday we were worried about meeting but thanks to so many new donors we were able to meet it

That + the initial donations have been large, and the one large request drives up the average as well since there's not been a lot of requests yet. Im hoping after the filing-dependent charity web service stuff is up that itll be easier to both make small dollar donations and for people to feel comfortable making small requests.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

That + the initial donations have been large, and the one large request drives up the average as well since there's not been a lot of requests yet. Im hoping after the filing-dependent charity web service stuff is up that itll be easier to both make small dollar donations and for people to feel comfortable making small requests.

i mean the excel spreadsheet lol

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

wheres your mutual aid fund lol
The Assassination of Goonfund by the Coward QCS

paul_soccer12 posted:

Do you want screenshots?

speng31b posted:

:agreed:

the donors who have volunteered so far have all been fantastic, and as per usual:

thanks to the donors who have volunteered so far;

- $1385 distributed
- 9 donors
- 6 requests fulfilled
- none in progress

This is awesome! I'm hoping to give back my $100 to be passed on in a few weeks when (hopefully) finances will line up. I picked up a side job recently that should help.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Also I, personally, would rather we give too much to people that don't need it than not give enough to people who need it. I cannot speak to the other committee members opinion on this, but that's mine.

for sure, i was more talking about the "hehe am i joking?" posts in this thread, right after being extremely mad about QCS brigades being mean to their friend.

basically what im saying is,

Fsmhunk posted:

This should be a ban tbh.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

i mean the excel spreadsheet lol

oh

idk computer box does poo poo

e: i get it now, am very small brained

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 02:47 on Nov 29, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im actually very stupid at how to do excel formulas by clicking on cells so i just typed in the formulas like =c2/a2 or whatever lol. a lil peak behind the curtains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
so whats the donate system gonna look like. some paypal link? website with a form? stripe? etc. for the non-loaded, overpaid, etc goons