Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The obvious answer is 'oh, I didn't realise you were offering it for free'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hmmmm, I hate think Elon Musk sucks, but I also think Apple is a bad company.... really hoping this somehow ends up hurting both of them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So just in the last couple of weeks, Musk has tried to bully Apple, Google, and Oracle. Bold move Cotton, let’s see how this plays out

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

IUG posted:

Saw that in another thread, but wanted to thank you for taking the time to screenshot rather than embeds.

people really should screencap musk birdposts instead of posting the actual bird link.

his posts getting less page visits and other metrics is good. (btw this applies to all bad birdposters. screencap your enemies, repost your friends. then again people should stop using a bad site too , but baby steps)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

Remember how he was threatening to publicly call out companies who cut their Twitter advertising, and how it was extremely obviously a terrible idea?

Not only has he decided to do it after all, but he picked one heck of a first target.

Picking an Extremely Not Mad public spat with Apple of all companies is a move that has me wondering if he's more high on his own supply than I thought he was.

People are already actively trying to lobby Apple to de-list Twitter off the AppStore because of the wave of godawful bullshit Musk has unleashed on the site. I wonder if this might sway their decision in any way? :thunk:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I hope "corporate profits are actually a kind of tax" becomes a common talking point.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hmmmm, I hate think Elon Musk sucks, but I also think Apple is a bad company.... really hoping this somehow ends up hurting both of them.

I remember Epic Games v. Apple managed to achieve that, with the judge ruling in favor of Epic on some points but not on others

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

People are already actively trying to lobby Apple to de-list Twitter off the AppStore because of the wave of godawful bullshit Musk has unleashed on the site. I wonder if this might sway their decision in any way? :thunk:
It’s certainly not going to help

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Really smart to complain to your #1 advertiser

https://twitter.com/faizsays/status/1597346543451148288?s=20&t=OHPEipIXeIYoK83tLt7svg

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009
Excellent, we're at the not-so-implicit violence stage:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597165510595989504?s=20&t=JTjYqzw5vJuhsvoZLMiA0g

I love it when the richest man on Earth memes himself into gun violence.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol I like all the can ring stains on the table top.

My dude can you not afford a house cleaner? Or did they all run away terrified from the gun wielding lunatic ranting about free speech?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It's a plastic replica of one of the guns from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Dunno if that makes that picture better or worse, but there it is.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Orthanc6 posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597165510595989504?s=20&t=JTjYqzw5vJuhsvoZLMiA0g

This dude would be getting murdered during a mental health check by the police if it weren't for 9 zeros...

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Nameless Pete posted:

It's a plastic replica of one of the guns from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Dunno if that makes that picture better or worse, but there it is.

Jesus... every time it seems that he can't possibly be as much of a tryhard idiot as he seems something comes up to show me I am vastly underselling how much of an embarrassment he really is.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Nameless Pete posted:

*sigh* that honestly makes it a bit better, sure it looks like a real gun kinda, but that's functionally equivalent of the Star Trek Phaser I got on my bookshelf. The musket, aside from being a musket, also isn't real either.

Though that still leaves us with the real questions.... which are all why???

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

There's a lot of meme/photoshop potential there.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Jesus III posted:

This dude would be getting murdered during a mental health check by the police if it weren't for 9 zeros...

He's going to end his days wandering an empty mansion in the dark, wearing soiled underwear and robe. Muttering to himself and spurting angry gibberish at the walls, followed by random gunshots at the shadows. Basically, pulling a Lowtax.

Also, Musk is the type of guy to include cans of Coke in the picture because he wants to hint that he's doing lines.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Old James posted:

He's going to end his days wandering an empty mansion in the dark, wearing soiled underwear and robe. Muttering to himself and spurting angry gibberish at the walls, followed by random gunshots at the shadows. Basically, pulling a Lowtax.

Also, Musk is the type of guy to include cans of Coke in the picture because he wants to hint that he's doing lines.

How's he gonna shoot the gun? It doesn't have a trigger.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Orthanc6 posted:

Fake plastic video game gun. Expensive replica of real old gun with chintzy commemorative box. Multiple empty cans of Diet Coke, and stain-based evidence of even more cans of Diet Coke being there previously. Glass water bottle, mostly empty. Indeterminate expensive hard cover book shoved off to the side as far as possible. Gilded novelty bauble.

This is the nightstand of a 17 year old dork whose mom hasn't been through to clean his room for him in a while.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Old James posted:

Caffeine-free Diet Coke. He's lamer than a Mormon

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Fake plastic video game gun. Expensive replica of real old gun with chintzy commemorative box. Multiple empty cans of Diet Coke, and stain-based evidence of even more cans of Diet Coke being there previously. Glass water bottle, mostly empty. Indeterminate expensive hard cover book shoved off to the side as far as possible. Gilded novelty bauble.

This is the nightstand of a 17 year old dork whose mom hasn't been through to clean his room for him in a while.

That poo poo is so embarrassing I'm amazed he even had kids through IVF.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BadOptics posted:

That poo poo is so embarrassing I'm amazed he even had kids through IVF.

Like no loving wonder Musk is such a big fan of Jordan Peterson. He is the exact kind of mental 13 year-old that Jorps built his empire off of with the brain-breaking revelation of "clean up your room."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I like how this article is almost entirely focused on Apple holding and abusing power and money and not on how Twitter is forcing their hand by being turned into such a shitpile Apple can no longer ignore it by a far more egregious and dangerous abuse of money and power

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Old James posted:

I mean if that's what coke cans would signify (besides just...general sloth) then Musk setting those diet, caffeine free cans out would signify he's doing lines of what? Flour?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Orthanc6 posted:

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1597305412097015809?s=20&t=vgCh1X5m9v6vpU4M5xe-Dg

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Alkydere posted:

I mean if that's what coke cans would signify (besides just...general sloth) then Musk setting those diet, caffeine free cans out would signify he's doing lines of what? Flour?

He named his Tesla cars the models S, 3 & X.
He stopped maturing in middle school.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Old James posted:

Oh god how did I never notice this

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Don't forget the Y

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

he also bought twitter for 54.20 per share. hes epic.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

he also bought twitter for 54.20 per share. hes epic.

He's also been egregiously slipping the numbers 14 and 88 into a lot of his tweets lately, and all of his true fans know exactly what kind of response that call out means :godwinning:

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

He's also been egregiously slipping the numbers 14 and 88 into a lot of his tweets lately, and all of his true fans know exactly what kind of response that call out means :godwinning:

It’s no surprise Musk is a nazi but it is a little surprising he would be so open about it. Can you post some examples of this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Old James posted:

Only because someone else already had a model E

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Super-Id posted:

It’s no surprise Musk is a nazi but it is a little surprising he would be so open about it. Can you post some examples of this?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596439328338890752

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the tweet he's replying to also mentions 88 million years of divergence

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

the tweet he's replying to also mentions 88 million years of divergence

Yeah, on the one hand he is simply replying to the tweet and quoting the number back at it, but on the other hand why did he just pick this random as poo poo "look at cool science thing" twitter account to reply to with the Hitler Number? For as random as the man is, he's equally calculated when it comes to just being an rear end in a top hat who thinks he's being clever.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I have zero doubt that a white dude from SA is doing some 14/88 shenanigans, but also he's vocally support of various white supremacist crap like lies about BLM and whatnot.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I honestly think Musk is too stupid to know about 1488.

Like he’s super racist and fascist, but even dumber than those things.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

whydirt posted:

I honestly think Musk is too stupid to know about 1488.

Like he’s super racist and fascist, but even dumber than those things.

No, he definitely knows those numbers. The nerd is posting like he’s on late 2000s 4Chan and 8Chan, there’s no way he doesn’t know.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, on the one hand he is simply replying to the tweet and quoting the number back at it, but on the other hand why did he just pick this random as poo poo "look at cool science thing" twitter account to reply to with the Hitler Number? For as random as the man is, he's equally calculated when it comes to just being an rear end in a top hat who thinks he's being clever.

He responds to random as poo poo "look at cool science thing" twitter accounts all the time, because his entire public persona is crafted to appeal to people who loved Popular Science as kids and never really grew up, and also because he's basically one of those people himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I remember Epic Games v. Apple managed to achieve that, with the judge ruling in favor of Epic on some points but not on others

It should be pointed out that Apple v Epic was the same sort of stunt that Musk is trying with Apple. Epic decided to make its Fortnite store available to sell products within the app without linking through Apple and therefore without paying Apple’s cut for sales on Apple products; Apple responded by taking Fortnite off of the App Store. It didn’t matter that Apple was making hundreds of millions a year off of Fortnite already; Apple was fine to take that revenue hit to keep Epic playing by Apple’s rules.

That does not seem to be a good precedent in Elon’s favor. And it’s hilarious to me that the CEO of Epic Games is egging Musk on to get revenge against Apple, and Elon is probably going to do it because he’s a manic idiot who wants people to tell him he’s doing super smart things.

“Move fast and break stuff!!!!!!”::runs at full speed into a wall, smashes own head in::