Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Kith posted:

I have tried it on that difficulty, and it definitely isn't that hard if you use Focus Fire to extend your range and accuracy. You might be having difficulties reproducing that behavior because A) you probably don't play like me, who saves Focused Fire for thos exact situations and B) from the recording you posted, you appear to be using them on a Zealot rather than a Veteran.

The Braced Autogun family in the hands of a Veteran is, in my opinion, one of the most versatile and effective weapon families in the game. It's got a ton of ammo, it handles both armored and unarmored normals, and Focused Fire gives it the additional punch it needs to take out specials. If you get your hands on a Graia pattern, the braced stance increases your DPS drastically, which can then be combined with Focused Fire and the Crucian Roulette perk to make a boss's health evaporate.
Oh yeah, I can definitely see that working. Honestly, Deep Dish has made me kinda curious about it as well for the Zealot, so if I ever see a good one in the shop I might bring one along. It helps that my Heresy pubbies have been quite reliable as of late, but also taking the bolter all the time is starting to get a bit repetitive despite it being a bolter and all :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

Jimbot posted:

I'll have to get that silly nonsense Zealot penance before they patch it. That armor is rad and no way will I ever accomplish that one without cheesing it (and even cheesing it is kinda difficult). There are several like this and I don't understand why they're so difficult. Even people with a combine playtime of 500k hours of the tide games will have trouble with some of them.

It's honestly been kind of a pain in the rear end to cheese. I keep getting already mid-game lobbies with Zealots that are just completing the mission, people earnestly looking to pub tier 5 missions in their mid teens (sickos), or the rare occasion where I get to create a mission but there are no barrels or ways of self damage before the first drop down and I cant get any ranged mobs attention to come over and light me up. Spent like 2 hours trying this evening between myriad game crashes on mission start / hub reload. It's getting exhausting.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

republic posted:

It's honestly been kind of a pain in the rear end to cheese. I keep getting already mid-game lobbies with Zealots that are just completing the mission, people earnestly looking to pub tier 5 missions in their mid teens (sickos), or the rare occasion where I get to create a mission but there are no barrels or ways of self damage before the first drop down and I cant get any ranged mobs attention to come over and light me up. Spent like 2 hours trying this evening between myriad game crashes on mission start / hub reload. It's getting exhausting.

I think the best way is to get a full group and just get it in one go for 4 people.

That being said, anyone want to group up for it?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

At this point I'm more concerned about killing 50 enemies stunned by my grenades within 10s. Outside of just chucking 2x grenades and whipping out a flamethrower into a horde I have no idea how that would work but then your team would have to be actively not killing things.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Throw a grenade during a higher difficulty horde and kill poo poo, hope you have an ogryn with twin stubbers.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

S.J. posted:

At this point I'm more concerned about killing 50 enemies stunned by my grenades within 10s. Outside of just chucking 2x grenades and whipping out a flamethrower into a horde I have no idea how that would work but then your team would have to be actively not killing things.

Just ask your team if you could try for that penance at some spot where you're likely to get a big horde, like waiting for the lift across the bridge on the water silo level. Have had two zealots in my parties ask to try that there, and the teams easily agreed to let them both times.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

works every time :clint: Also having 3 sniper resist curios is great.

https://i.imgur.com/kq9p8cY.mp4

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 29, 2022

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Floppychop posted:

I think the best way is to get a full group and just get it in one go for 4 people.

That being said, anyone want to group up for it?

I'll be down to try this tomorrow, if anyone wants to. I'm not above cheesing if it gets me some new drip!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I hit the requirements for the bugged Zealot penance

The game crashed

It counted though!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 29, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

ChaseSP posted:

Throw a grenade during a higher difficulty horde and kill poo poo, hope you have an ogryn with twin stubbers.

...Do you not have to kill them yourself?

Broken Cog posted:

Just ask your team if you could try for that penance at some spot where you're likely to get a big horde, like waiting for the lift across the bridge on the water silo level. Have had two zealots in my parties ask to try that there, and the teams easily agreed to let them both times.

I can probably count on one hand the number of pubbie groups I've been with who actually paid attention to chat.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is there a list of variants with different firing modes and alt attacks? I thought it was just the baseline stats that changed but I just found a semi auto only autogun and I’m pretty sure the base models are only burst

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

what's the play for a psyker for hitting the weak point on the back of a beast of nurgle? just plinking it with basic staff shots? seems like trying to dig into it up close with a force sword strike (which would be my druthers) just leads to you getting swatted away by its aoe smash attack on the initial hit before the force strike goes off, which interrupts it, makes you take damage, and in one case gets yourself flung off a cliff to your death

i didn't ever get a response to this so i'm bumping it in case a sibling has a suggestion because it came up again

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I wear prisoner clothes and don't give a single poo poo about any penance

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I started pugging Haz4 just now and all four attempts died in the first 5 minutes. This last game I was with three sharpshooters and no one shot the loving sniper despite it being marked and them having zero melee pressure on them. It's 50m away bro I can't use my loving shotgun, one of you needs to press F!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
whoops wrong thread

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Cowcaster posted:

i didn't ever get a response to this so i'm bumping it in case a sibling has a suggestion because it came up again

i just brain burst it and handle any hordes but idk if that's optimal

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kaysette posted:

i just brain burst it and handle any hordes but idk if that's optimal

:same:

Force Sword hits would almost certainly be more optimal and I do try for them but it's usually not easy

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
use a gun

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Played my first few missions in Haz 3. Completed 2, though my other party members were level 30s so there was a bit of carrying there (level 5 Zealot here)

EDIT: Game may be a mess but it is a real fun mess when everything aligns.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I want to play so bad, but it keeps crashing on me with the logs only saying Access violation.
Tried all their fixes but nada.

Has anyone had any success fixing the game if having similar issues?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

rideANDxORdie posted:

Which braced autogun and which accatran lasgun do people like on veteran? I hate the way some weapons have different uses/feels but only a small change in name (MKII vs MK VII) or whatever. I'm getting close to 30 on veteran and haven't really engaged with the upgrading crafting but want to start setting aside good versions of these guns to upgrade eventually

I posted about the Braced Autogun patterns a few pages back:

Kith posted:

The Columnus Mk II Braced Autogun is the all-rounder: it's got a nice beefy magazine and reserve ammo and its Braced stance gives you some auto-aim.
The Agripinaa Mk VIII Braced Autogun is the harder-hitting variant that trades magazine/ammo for higher base damage and the ability to punch through multiple bodies.
The Graia Mk IV Braced Autogun tends towards a higher fire rate and trades the Braced stance's Auto-Aim for even more fire rate, making it frighteningly good at Boss DPS in addition to being good at most other things because it's a Braced Autogun.

Personally I dislike the Agripinaa variant because I like shooting a lot and its reduced ammo doesn't really enable that. The Columnus and Graia hipfire performances are more or less the same, the only thing that largely differs between them is the Braced stance giving either auto-aim or an increased rate of fire. I'm currently using a Columnus until such time that I find a good Graia to dump resources into.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

S.J. posted:

isn't there currently some bug where you can make bleed trigger on anyone you hit with your grenades, plus bleed never expires? Seems like that would kill a group of basic zombies on its own, if they don't fix that in a day anyway.

Kaysette posted:

I need more scrolls and wax seals on my top. Only reason I care about cheevos.

If I can't turn myself into a mummy with scrolls and seals then I don't care about them

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/kyD4tSV.mp4

That's one way to kill a trapper

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I just played a match with a level 20ish Zealot who was trying to speedrun the Torrent/Water Supply map on Endless Hoard malice. Within seconds I was pretty sure this was going to my third failed attempt of the night.

It was the opposite. Guy was just a straight lightning bolt and we just struggled to hang onto his coattails. poo poo was wild.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I finally got a chain axe with some decent rolls and after realizing how good it's push attack is I've been having a lot more success with it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

@Kaysette: I think my point still stands.

@Nehru: As to best weapon to use for that feat. I did it with laspistol just shooting myself dry constantly, but easiest would be shotgun or revolver since you can reload those one bullet at a time, cancel the reload, and blow someone away.

Interestingly enough, I got it tonight doing it only once (after having racked up 4 in a previous mission.) It shouldn't carry over but I guess it did. Considering I got Dream Team on a mission where we absolutely had deaths, that's weird.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man, started leveling a pycher and I got to say the class seems almost entirely mediocre with the exception of the void staff. The most interesting thing surrounding the class is Soulblaze but as far as I tell it's hot garbage and doesn't even activate on common enemies. No wonder I don't see anyone playing as them.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Back Hack posted:

Man, started leveling a pycher and I got to say the class seems almost entirely mediocre with the exception of the void staff. The most interesting thing surrounding the class is Soulblaze but as far as I tell it's hot garbage and doesn't even activate on common enemies. No wonder I don't see anyone playing as them.

Your brain burst is really the key ability and it IS good, I feel, it's almost needed on some of the higher difficulties, so long as your team can give you cover.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

Back Hack posted:

I've found that rolling a psyker with the German accent, equipping a duelling sword and pretending I'm Saltzpyre is the most enjoyable way to play them.

Kaldaris posted:

Your brain burst is really the key ability and it IS good, I feel, it's almost needed on some of the higher difficulties, so long as your team can give you cover.

Any tips on targeting brain burst? I'm struggling with getting the right enemy in hordes or at long range.

kalthir fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 29, 2022

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

kalthir posted:

Any tips on targeting brain burst? I'm struggling with getting the right enemy in hordes or at long range.

While it's not always ideal, I feel like your brain burst has an easier time targeting specials if they're highlighted. That's probably just my brain playing tricks on me, but it is EXTREMELY accurate, and literally whatever your dot is currently on is gonna get selected. This is a good thing and a bad thing, as anything clipping that invisible line between you and the enemy before the lock on is gonna get targeted first. Thankfully Dregs and Scabs tend to be shorter than almost every other special, so aiming above heads is ideal. For snipers I usually just hold M1 and sweep where I think the sniper is sitting and it usually locks onto them no problem. Same thing works for hiding gunners, bombers, and other ranged specials. I don't gently caress with brain burst for bursters, and I don't think anyone needs any tips for targeting reapers, crushers, bulwarks, or maulers. They're so big it's hard to miss them.

If you're aiming long range, definitely try to highlight them first. I feel like there's some stickiness to highlighted enemies, but again, I could just be seeing things. In a horde, just aim over heads. Most of the specials stick out like sore thumbs.

Kaldaris fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 29, 2022

Estel
May 4, 2010

Mendrian posted:

I just played a match with a level 20ish Zealot who was trying to speedrun the Torrent/Water Supply map on Endless Hoard malice. Within seconds I was pretty sure this was going to my third failed attempt of the night.

It was the opposite. Guy was just a straight lightning bolt and we just struggled to hang onto his coattails. poo poo was wild.

Like in Vermintide going slowly is always the worst option because you let the game spawn things behind you that sooner or later will get you and rise the chances of a wipe.

If your team can go fast then go as fast as possible.

Kaldaris posted:

That part of your team giving you cover is the most important part of playing a Psyker. If your teammates can funnel a horde and keep it in place you can destroy it really quickly once you get something like the voidstrike staff and if they can kill quickly the horde you can be constantly on alert to kill specials and kill them once they appear.

kalthir posted:

Sometimes it can be difficult when they are in the middle of the horde but i noticed that if they are tagged I can target them more easily than when they aren't and most of the specials are taller than the rest so targeting at or above their heads usually works better than targeting at chest height.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Estel posted:

I noticed that if they are tagged I can target them more easily than when they aren't

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like that's the case.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Apparently crafting wont be done for full release entirely

I'm assuming they're taking down the servers at some point today to prep for launch?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fishstick posted:

Apparently crafting wont be done for full release entirely

I'm assuming they're taking down the servers at some point today to prep for launch?

7PM UTC/ 2PM EST/ 11AM PST.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

I do not believe this is true. I have nothing to base this on other than my own anecdotal experiences (and the confirmation of the two people I play with who said the game got infinitely easier after I told them this) but your overall damage dealt and damage taken is influenced by your total Rating value. For example, equipping a higher rating melee weapon will make your ranged weapon hit harder and will make you take less damage, even when you are not actively holding the melee weapon.

But that being said some weapon types are so good that they're worth using even if their rating is much lower than your other gear. IF you are actually using them. If you never swap to melee, then you absolutely want the highest rating melee weapon you can find no matter what type it is.

Since I haven't actually tested this theory I just went to the meat grinder.
Loadout 1: 422 rating Autogun. 405 rating Eviscerator. 240 rating from curios (all 100% defensive stats). 1067 total rating.
Gun does 156 damage per shot to a poxhound.

Loadout 2: 422 rating Autogun. 205 rating Heavy Sword. Curios all swapped out to green ones for 107 rating. 734 rating total.
Gun does 87 damage per shot to a poxhound. Same exact gun as the above test.

This is IIRC the same way it worked in Vermintide so it makes sense here. The same principle works in reverse to make a lower-rating weapon fairly viable if it's the one you're holding all the time, because it's being buffed up by the inflated rating on your other gear.

You're right, I tested it too by swapping the melee weapon, and damage definitely depends on total item rating!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kaldaris posted:

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like that's the case.

Watching one of jsat's psyker videos the other day he goes into how the targeting process work (or worked, in CB). It's basically a raycast from you, so it targets directly what youre aiming at at the moment of cast but in order to determine the actual target it first checks for elites/specials, before checking for trash level enemies. Wouldnt surprise me if there's an even higher check first for tagged enemies (which would be elites/specials anyway)

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Kith posted:

I posted about the Braced Autogun patterns a few pages back:

Personally I dislike the Agripinaa variant because I like shooting a lot and its reduced ammo doesn't really enable that. The Columnus and Graia hipfire performances are more or less the same, the only thing that largely differs between them is the Braced stance giving either auto-aim or an increased rate of fire. I'm currently using a Columnus until such time that I find a good Graia to dump resources into.

Thank you! Still not getting offered these in the shop but soon hopefully. Experimenting with the plasma gun now and I like it a lot but I just know I'm going to want a gun that's more versatile and not as specialized eventually

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

kalthir posted:

I've found that rolling a psyker with the German accent, equipping a duelling sword and pretending I'm Saltzpyre is the most enjoyable way to play them.

If they had literally just lifted the Vermintide characters and shoved them in 40K with zero explanation, that would have been pretty funny with how much loresalt it would have generated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
There had better be a Back to Ubersreik DLC in the works.