Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

repiv posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597405399040217088

the dominos meme but it's "tim apple stops buying ads" on the small end and "tyranny" on the big end

The microblogging website for posting random thoughts with 280 characters will save us from tyranny. The revolution will be tweeted.

Sheesh the ego on this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Most people aren't on twitter and most of the people who are don't post.

"Future of civilization" gently caress off, weirdo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TulliusCicero posted:

"Whence commeth"? "Your anti-dictator stance" is brave?

Good lord is this guy real or just an algorithm of of every smarmy gently caress on every forum ever?

What a loving obnoxious dork

It's the confluence of "the rich kid who tried to buy friends in school", "middle aged man desperately trying to fit in with the youth", and "terminally online dipshit whose brain has been melted by Internet memes to the point where he may as well be a Markov chain"

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I'm sure, in his mind, it's meant to piggyback on the protests in China right now, especially because Apple restricted AirDrop that protestors were using to communicate. Too bad he's the equivalent of a mid-tier CCP operative. And I bet he would bend the knee to Xi too, if that's what it took to preserve his status.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

How does retweeting that thank Joe Biden

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

nexous posted:

Free speech is posting right wing rhetoric on a private companies website

No, free speech is getting corporations to pay to advertise alongside right wing rhetoric on a private website :eng101:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

repiv posted:

the dominos meme but it's "tim apple stops buying ads" on the small end and "tyranny" on the big end

Yet when I attempted to reply "shut the gently caress up" to this it redirected me to some bullshit splash page about detecting hate speech and refused to allow me to post. CURIOUS...

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Lol if musk gets twitter taken off the App Store while screaming it’s censorship for the crime of being conservative, meanwhile trumps truth social is still sitting right there on it humming along waiting to scoop up the displaced chuds.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

I believe Jack still owns a large portion of Twitter lol

Also @jack is right wing so this is all right up his alley

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elon is speedrunning Lowtax's life and everyone's just waiting for him to get to the end

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
people keep saying that but i don't really see the parallels anywhere

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mozi posted:

they're both losers who want to be popular on the dumb posting website

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

yook posted:

Lol if musk gets twitter taken off the App Store while screaming it’s censorship for the crime of being conservative, meanwhile trumps truth social is still sitting right there on it humming along waiting to scoop up the displaced chuds.

Lol forgot about that. Kinda deflates his argument a bit since it’s Trump’s preferred platform so obviously it offers more constitution than Twitter.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Weird, I see an Apple ad and an Amazon ad in my twitter feed. I don't remember ever actually seeing an ad on twitter.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
This is reminding me of the monologue at the end of Training Day where he's spewing out threats acting like hot poo poo and nobody cares because they know they can just walk away and he'll be gone as soon as the clock runs out.

Withnail posted:

Weird, I see an Apple ad and an Amazon ad in my twitter feed. I don't remember ever actually seeing an ad on twitter.
I think something changed recently because UBlock Origin isn't successfully blocking ad tweets now.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Ror posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but Lowtax had way more talent than Musk does

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I wonder if Lowtax whittled the engineering staff down to radium using the same metrics Elon uses

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Ror posted:

Are we sure Lowtax wanted to be popular? His strategy was to disappear for a few years, come back and call us a bunch of weirdo losers, then go away again

chird
Sep 26, 2004

atvrager
Jun 15, 2007
fear

cracker posted:

It isn't weird if you're an ugly fat pussy with a lovely beard you think makes you look like a tier 1 operator.

turn on your monitor

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Musk, buy Goldbelly

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Holy poo poo how the gently caress do you become too racist for small timothy???

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

how did beanie think he could control these freaks?

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Codependent Poster posted:

Elon is speedrunning Lowtax's life and everyone's just waiting for him to get to the end

Lowtax was a gun nut too

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just to be clear, is Musk saying he's Pro-Dicator, or the "Truth is somewhere in the middle" about dictators?

My god, what the gently caress did Putin say to this loving lunatic?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Guze posted:

how did beanie think he could control these freaks?

It’s interesting seeing the mere grifters fall away from the true crazies, lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

repiv posted:

This wierd loving nerd needs to touch grass: a lovely loving website like Twitter that only 5% of the internet uses is not the global "Town Square"

Good loving god, you bought the micro blogging equivalent of Tumblr, shut the gently caress up

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's very funny that almost everybody's lives who were directly affected by the Musk takeover (Musk, catturd2, Ye, Trump, sargon, legions of musk fans) have been made worse since.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
hurry up and Code faster, Elon . You're becoming less Hardcore by the moment.. master the self suck like I taught you

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Gawker gets some hood slams in on elon and this one made me chuckle while they bash him for his lovely drink choice

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/caffeine-free-diet-coke-psychos-elon-musk-bedside-table-twitter

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Who or what is @catturd2

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Private Cumshoe posted:

Who or what is @catturd2

Honestly? Probably Matt Gaetz or Nick Fuentes, take your pick

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

OneEightHundred posted:

I think something changed recently because UBlock Origin isn't successfully blocking ad tweets now.

Fire the people looking for csam and focus the hardcore on defeating adblock. Sounds about right...

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's very funny that almost everybody's lives who were directly affected by the Musk takeover (Musk, catturd2, Ye, Trump, sargon, legions of musk fans) have been made worse since.

is this true, it doesnt feel like its true.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
New vid from Twitter HQ just dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-mPnmfrm6I

those children are the visa hostages who can't quit

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Withnail posted:

Fire the people looking for csam and focus the hardcore on defeating adblock. Sounds about right...
Really for embedded content (vs. stuff that requires contacting known ad host domains) it can just break from random things changing that break whatever detection filter the block rule uses. It usually gets blocked again after a few hours (which has already happened for UBlock).

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

The Moon Monster posted:

As if the man with 53 billion dollar website would be phased by this taunt, come on.

thanks for this, generated a legit smile on a long day

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
google/youtube, amazontwitch and a bunch of other stuff dont beat adblockers, or atleast allow adblockers to have soft wins . musky aint going to beat poo poo.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mozi posted:

Ror posted:

Also they're both abusers with a string of broken marriages whose children hate them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Private Cumshoe posted:

Who or what is @catturd2

A miserable pile of secrets