Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
plinkey at the slots doing a land acknowledgement with every pull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

craps table tyvm

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Homeless Friend posted:

plinkey at the slots doing a land acknowledgement with every pull

Land acknowledgement themed slot machine would be the best way to give back to the tribes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Arf? Yeeesss....
Money?? Oh BABY

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bump

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

most of the money plinkey sends out probably doesnt get posted about in this thread. at least one person has posted since saying they were helped:

g0lbez posted:

thank you so much plinkey! i know you probably have a lot on your plate at the moment so i appreciate you getting back to me!

is he sending money out still and just taking a long time to do it? who knows. that was sort of the whole problem and it hasn't changed

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I hit him up once in a pinch, and the paypal transfer showed up a week and a half later without further conversation, roughly coincident with someone else having poked him in the thread about their own request

can't imagine why he isn't answering a bunch of bad faith GIEV MONAEY messages from trolls, though

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Plinkeys working his rear end off and y'all and being super weird

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

i just sent a request, although if any goon out there is willing to throw $300 right this second to someone in order to keep them from being homeless within the next hour who isn’t Plinkey, they would be ascended to goon sainthood. Like we’re talking “landlord is coming in thirty-five minutes or so and he’s freaking the gently caress out” levels. DM me if you can help, I’ll give you the info to get the money to them.

I don’t even know if that’s allowed in this thread or not, but gently caress it, dude is in a crisis situation and it’s already 36 degrees in the middle of the day where I am. It’s real do or die poo poo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Cameo posted:

i just sent a request, although if any goon out there is willing to throw $300 right this second to someone in order to keep them from being homeless within the next hour who isn’t Plinkey, they would be ascended to goon sainthood. Like we’re talking “landlord is coming in thirty-five minutes or so and he’s freaking the gently caress out” levels. DM me if you can help, I’ll give you the info to get the money to them.

I don’t even know if that’s allowed in this thread or not, but gently caress it, dude is in a crisis situation and it’s already 36 degrees in the middle of the day where I am. It’s real do or die poo poo.

Try the new goonbucks thread, they're responding to emergency requests

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

No Dignity posted:

Yeah or post in the turmp thread, seems that's where you can find this thread's regulars.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

No Dignity posted:

where on earth is the new one, anyway

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Cameo posted:

I'm posting on phone so I can't give you a link but I think its on the front page of cspam right now

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

The Cameo posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910 :)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Thanks guys, found it. Dude's blowing up at me right now, I'm pretty sure the friendship's over, but I submitted a request so hopefully it shows up because for some insane reason his landlord set a deadline of noon today for arrearred rent to be owed.

But seriously, thanks, goons

edit: a last minute save by a kindly benefactor! Jesus what a moment. Cinematic, almost.

You all are kings in my book.

The Cameo has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Nov 29, 2022

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Thanks guys, found it. Dude's blowing up at me right now, I'm pretty sure the friendship's over, but I submitted a request so hopefully it shows up because for some insane reason his landlord set a deadline of noon today for arrearred rent to be owed.

who’s blowing you up?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

The Cameo posted:

I think assistance already got sent out to you, but I would also advise reaching out to legal aid if you have a landlord hounding you like this. there’s specific procedures that your landlord has to go through for eviction, including proper notice, they can’t just show up and throw you out in an hours notice. depending where you are it could be a 3 day notice or a 30 day notice, but they gotta serve you with something. of course, landlords like to do things they aren’t supposed to, but that’s why you get the lawyers to advise you.

if they did serve you with prior notice, I’m gonna advise that if you end up in this situation again, reach out to legal aid immediately after receiving your notice, and feel free to reach out to the GoonFund sooner, we’re here to help. hope all works out well for you man, sorry about your trouble

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I got the tude now posted:

who’s blowing you up?

My friend. The time was cutting close, his landlord was threatening poo poo would go down if he didn't have the money. He gets very anxious and emotional. He then freaked out because a goon sent him the money directly and he was like "who the gently caress is this" and I just went "I can't even begin to explain that the wellspring of like 80% of how the internet thinks of humor today that I've posted on for like 18 years just saved you from eviction".

Then I tried, and, surprise, it's too weird to explain. :rubby:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I think assistance already got sent out to you, but I would also advise reaching out to legal aid if you have a landlord hounding you like this. there’s specific procedures that your landlord has to go through for eviction, including proper notice, they can’t just show up and throw you out in an hours notice. depending where you are it could be a 3 day notice or a 30 day notice, but they gotta serve you with something. of course, landlords like to do things they aren’t supposed to, but that’s why you get the lawyers to advise you.

if they did serve you with prior notice, I’m gonna advise that if you end up in this situation again, reach out to legal aid immediately after receiving your notice, and feel free to reach out to the GoonFund sooner, we’re here to help. hope all works out well for you man, sorry about your trouble

Yeah, I've been telling my friend this (he was in danger, not me, my landlord knows I will counter any poo poo they pull with legal info), but I'll reiterate it to him. Thanks again.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

The Cameo posted:

My friend. The time was cutting close, his landlord was threatening poo poo would go down if he didn't have the money. He gets very anxious and emotional. He then freaked out because a goon sent him the money directly and he was like "who the gently caress is this" and I just went "I can't even begin to explain that the wellspring of like 80% of how the internet thinks of humor today that I've posted on for like 18 years just saved you from eviction".

Then I tried, and, surprise, it's too weird to explain. :rubby:

Yeah, I've been telling my friend this (he was in danger, not me, my landlord knows I will counter any poo poo they pull with legal info), but I'll reiterate it to him. Thanks again.

ah. yeah some people just freak out under any pressure. and lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

pentyne posted:

Yeah or post in the turmp thread, seems that's where you can find this thread's regulars.

Yeah or the pyf drama thread. A bunch of you count as this thread regulars now lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You have become the drama

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
:gas:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Where Da Plinkster At ? :mrgw:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I recall from the QCS thread a running theme was that there was no way this thread was doling out 3k/mo. There was no data to really look at this before but we do have some from the other thread. They put up their interim solution on the 26th and their numbers so far are:

quote:

- $1785 distributed
- 10 donors registered
- 8 requests fulfilled

Which would translate to
~220 per person
~440 per day

So a 3k goon fund would have been able to field 13-14 requests/mo, or would go dry in about one week. Now naturally, between it being a holiday season and the end of the month there's probably more/bigger requests than usual for catching up on things like rent but it does seem to illustrate that 3k/mo really wasn't that much money to go through. If anything a couple requests a week and maybe a bit more/bigger activity towards the end of a month lines up fairly neatly with what you could visibly see in this thread, which would indicate that as long as there's not a whole backlog of posters claiming they reached out for help and never got it (which no one seemed to find when they originally went looking) the money was simply disbursed as indicated. Particularly after Patreon's cut, there's not a whole lot of room for embezzlement here.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Where Da Plinkster At ? :mrgw:
The Assassination of Goonfund by the Coward QCS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I recall from the QCS thread a running theme was that there was no way this thread was doling out 3k/mo. There was no data to really look at this before but we do have some from the other thread. They put up their interim solution on the 26th and their numbers so far are:

Which would translate to
~220 per person
~440 per day

So a 3k goon fund would have been able to field 13-14 requests/mo, or would go dry in about one week. Now naturally, between it being a holiday season and the end of the month there's probably more/bigger requests than usual for catching up on things like rent but it does seem to illustrate that 3k/mo really wasn't that much money to go through. If anything a couple requests a week and maybe a bit more/bigger activity towards the end of a month lines up fairly neatly with what you could visibly see in this thread, which would indicate that as long as there's not a whole backlog of posters claiming they reached out for help and never got it (which no one seemed to find when they originally went looking) the money was simply disbursed as indicated. Particularly after Patreon's cut, there's not a whole lot of room for embezzlement here.

If only we had some way of knowing, like if the numbers were “spread” out on some kind of “sheet”

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
I just ran some numbers. Plinkey has posted in the trump thread for an average of 30 times per day, every day for the past month. So as I said, he's working his rear end off.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

pentyne posted:

lol at a guy coming in with a genuine emergency need for money in the next 30 minutes and instead of linking him to the good, functional goon fund you post this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

studio mujahideen posted:

lol at a guy coming in with a genuine emergency need for money in the next 30 minutes and instead of linking him to the good, functional goon fund you post this

the totally forthright anti-social freak post to score points or w/e in the "save me im dying" thread is the best part about the dumb drama

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

:gas:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

the totally forthright anti-social freak post to score points or w/e in the "save me im dying" thread is the best part about the dumb drama

the best part is all the people EXCEPT the one guy who can prove its all above board insisting it is, imo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

studio mujahideen posted:

poo poo its almost like they don't actually care about helping anyone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

the best part is all the people EXCEPT the one guy who can prove its all above board insisting it is, imo

i can understand the plinkster because if I was him i'd do the same thing. it makes sense both ways: either hes getting paid and he doesn't want to reveal it or hes not getting paid and you want him to work for free or even at a loss if he shells out from his own pocket even once lol.

this is plinkey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us18YjXmLhQ

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
amazon fresh delivery guy: did you order the code red?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

i can understand the plinkster because if I was him i'd do the same thing. it makes sense both ways: either hes getting paid and he doesn't want to reveal it or hes not getting paid and you want him to work for free or even at a loss if he shells out from his own pocket even once lol.

this is plinkey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us18YjXmLhQ

wasn't he always supposed to be working for free or at a loss

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

wasn't he always supposed to be working for free or at a loss

him working for free of his own choice/motivation vs him working for free out of your demand. inevitable that it will chafe

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

He said before that the fund usually ran out by the 25th and he continued to pay people out of his own pocket, yes

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

It rules. I'm a social maladroit and I love to get one or two good boy points by polluting the "I'm about to lose my home" thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008