Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Some of rhe pixels are ok, but they're all better than the chibi ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

uXs posted:

Anybody else sometimes have the impression that the game changes the type (and strength) of opponents and decks you're facing, depending on the deck you're using yourself?

This was me last night. Kept getting beat by decks with the perfect counter for what I was running.
Kazoo? Here, have a Killmonger, oh and I also played Leech while you were holding Kazar, Blue Marvel and Onslaught.

Trying to play Movement? Good luck with my Professor X.

Trying to Shang Chi my dinosaur? Cosmo says no.

On the bright side, I finally pulled Wong :woop:

Technically I'm still missing Arnim Zola to finish my Black Panther deck, but, I think I have enough cards to use that can serve as a replacement.

Speaking of which:

pre:
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Storm
# (4) Wong
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlVGlnZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Right now I'm using Psylocke instead of Arnim, but there's probably better options, I just wanted to try and get her some boosters.
That said, any suggestions on what to use until I do pull Arnim?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

:wrong: Just check out the chibi for Ebony Maw. That smirk...

...think we could make a Marvel Snap version of that emote, where it's just 'WONG! [wong face]' ?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I'm normally not a fan of chibi poo poo, but there's a few in Snap that are so goofy they're awesome.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
gonna join the "gently caress pixel variants, chibi variants are cute actually" gangpile

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

SlothBear posted:

Do you want it? Would it make you happy? Then no it's not dumb.

This is correct.

Do you like (or love) the character? Not the card, the character? And/or do you just like the variant?
Spend the gold.

Don’t like either character nor variant?
Hoard the gold until you do.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Very rude of the game to match me versus pool 3 decks while still at 403

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I get the bad feels about the way cards are doled out in pool 3. There's lots of stuff that isn't playable, at least without other pool 3 cards, and it flat out doesn't seem fair. Saying this from the perspective of having gotten stupid lucky. I was at omega when I left pool 2 (thanks to Buffalo's dino deck) and went 5 caches deep into pool three and then opened the caches. Doom was my second pool 3 card (also ended up with Viper and Agatha).

So I didn't spend another credit. I don't think I'm good at the game, but the way matchmaking works it was steady progress right up to Infinite. Overwhelmingly I was playing against people who were either still in pool 2, or were playing pool 2 cards because there pool 3 pulls hadn't worked out. Also, lots of bots.

I hit infinite, ran an Agatha deck which was fun, then spend my accumulated credit, raising my CL to 730. Now I'm struggling to string together two wins playing against people with titles and actual good pool 3 cards. I pulled Zola, who is amazing fun. But not doing a lot of winning yet.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Made it!

Any real money spent? No. Did I have 3000 gold when I started? Yes.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

Very rude of the game to match me versus pool 3 decks while still at 403

This uh, sucks! A lot!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What’s the Buffalo Dino deck? Googling didn’t help me

The game doesn’t seem to want me to get out of the 50-60s with my current decks so I’m looking for things to try

This game sorely needs a casual mode by the way. Would be nice to test decks or sharpen up without losing ranks

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 29, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

anyhow,

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Opponent didn't SNAP back on Ego location reveal turn 1,

But later made the gutsy call to SNAP back after I had my Hood sitting -2 on my side and my Demon swapped +6 over to their side (yes, it was revealed when Ego played it. I trust the process.)

Drew Killmonger next turn. Ego hates cowards almost as much as he loves 8-point turn arounds.

THUMBS UP ME BACK BRO! WHERE YA GOING?

doonk. Doonk. DOONK. ~*VICTURRY*~

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_american_dream posted:

What’s the Buffalo Dino deck? Googling didn’t help me

The game doesn’t seem to want me to get out of the 50-60s with my current decks so I’m looking for things to try

This game sorely needs a casual mode by the way. Would be nice to test decks or sharpen up without losing ranks

buffalo all day posted:

well cracked 90 tonight, played up from 80 on the strength of this deck (currently hoarding credits at CL594)

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Vision
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXNpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It’s pretty great! You can win with regular moon/Dino shenanigans, but vision will win you tons of games with all the people running storm, and you can surprise people and bust up their game plans with cosmo, killmonger and Shang-chi.

Assume it’s this one, I tinkered with it in the 90s and used mysterio/storm/hobgoblin instead of sentinel/moon/dino. Made it a bit more reactive and got me more 8 cube wins I think. I would maybe do mysterio/storm/aero sitting here today just to keep messing with people. Whatever works for you though !

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thank you!

Ah poo poo I don’t have vision yet. Better keep grinding :/

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 29, 2022

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Boy, it'd be swell if I didn't get Dark Dimension while "playing" my Agatha deck every goddamn time.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Opopanax posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Got the Devil Dino avatar and I've started doing a role play thing where i only use the Aaaargh! emote

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thank you for the encouragement, I bought the Multiple Man band variant and was inspired to try a Move deck for the first time. Had what I think is the quintessential move experience: one game where everything fired off and I just owned the board, one game where I started a buffed up Multiple Man and my opponent quit on T3 without a snap, and two games where I didn't draw my pieces and was just floundering around.

I learned that Cloak works like Jessica Jones: if you play him and bounce him to another location with Iron Fist, the location you played him at is the one cards can move to. Okay, makes sense even if you don't realize it at first. However:
If an opponent moves your Cloak with Aero, then Cloak's landing location is the one cards can move to. I can't figure that one out. :shrug:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Aero probably moved him before he flipped while the Iron Fist would be after his reveal

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Made it!

Any real money spent? No. Did I have 3000 gold when I started? Yes.

Where did you start from? I am currently sitting at 4675 credits and 3950 gold and I'm sorely tempted, but I'm not sure if the numbers would line up (I have some commons but no splits available)

I also just hit rank 60 (61 then) and I'm happy about that. I was aiming for 70 this season, which I think is still doable, but I'd rather not drop below 60

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 29, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Serperoth posted:

Where did you start from? I am currently sitting at 4675 credits and 3950 gold and I'm sorely tempted, but I'm not sure if the numbers would line up (I have some commons but no splits available)
830-something, I think. Maybe 850 when I really decided I was putting my head down and going for it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

830-something, I think. Maybe 850 when I really decided I was putting my head down and going for it.

Ah, I'm at 778 now. Might be able to do it if I grind and spend EVERYTHING, but I think I'll just see how things shake up before patching, won't commit just yet. Plus there's season pass quests to do.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Noticed last night that I got matched against someone with this seasons legend card back even though I am only rank 70. Weird

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Man the jubilee/wong deck is so stupid fun

Most common paths to victory are basically jubilee and Odin, or wong and panther/doom. Funniest victory was wong into jubilee into doom into Odin turn 5.

I have made some edits to this deck so behold BIG TIME 2.0

Still don’t have psylocke! I ended up on a fairly aggressive deck.

For a while I tried preventative stuff like armor, enchantress, even killmonger. I found any card that exerts a lot of pressure is just usually better in this deck. Even if it’s less than ideal, cheating in a Storm needs to be answered. Protecting the combo pieces felt not super important, since they were rarely at risk of being hit with shang Chi. Getting my infinaut blown up turn 5 but still winning by doubling doom is very possible.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 29, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I didn't want to waste some potential credits this week (sitting at 5k) and so I did a single upgrade, which made me arrive at CL 602. The difference in opponents afterwards was instantly noticeable. CL 600 is indeed a turning point in matchmaking.

dhamster posted:

Noticed last night that I got matched against someone with this seasons legend card back even though I am only rank 70. Weird

People at Infinite rank can no longer can drop below 100 that season, so their MMR could have been absolute dogshit. They could play whatever decks they want and just donate
extra cubes to their opponent every single round.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 29, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rank in this game is completely fake, you shouldn't be surprised to be matched with literally anyone once you're above CL600. You aren't limited to facing players of your rank so it shouldn't even be called a rank, it's just your good boy points for the season.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Felix from SD let slip around 1am that the patch is expected "tomorrow", but we're not sure what timezone he's in so that could be later on Tuesday or on Wednesday.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

No Wave posted:

Rank in this game is completely fake, you shouldn't be surprised to be matched with literally anyone once you're above CL600. You aren't limited to facing players of your rank so it shouldn't even be called a rank, it's just your good boy points for the season.

Right, the rank system needs you to actively chase high numbers. It crumbles if you don't engage with the snap and retreat mechanics.

I don't mind it though. I got the rank unlocks I felt I could reach, and now I play more casually. Faffing around with decks that may or may not work, instant snapping when my opponent snaps just to see what happens. I look forward to climbing ranks again next month and repeating the process. Now that I think about it, it's a good way to keep the game feeling varied.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I feel like I’d be at least 10 tanks higher if not for the little voice that keeps on telling me “I’m pretty sure this person is going to kick my rear end, but I can’t work out how so let’s carry on and see”

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Yeah, I'm CL 1001 and holding, and I've never crossed Rank 42.

I am also bad at poker.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lol

Bar With No Name -> Drop a big rear end card there -> Snap -> Opponent Snaps because they think you are dumb -> Opponent has negative motivation to Shang Chi it -> Zola

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Idk if it’s the best snapping way (I’m sure there’s lots of math here) but I generally:

*try to snap in the first couple turns if I draw the nuts (or am close, like I have Kazar and Angela in my opening hand in zoo) - you can always retreat if your opponent snaps later and things have broken bad for you. This way I generally deny my opponent information - all they know is I liked my opening hand, as opposed to “I just played devil dino and they snapped so they have Shang chi”

*never snap t6 - would rather take the 2 cubes than push my opponent out

*snap more frequently but also retreat more frequently — snapping and retreating costs you the same cubes as not snapping and playing through the whole game. The goal is 8 cube wins

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I’ve only crossed to low 60s in my most recent deck. I had been struggling for a bit because pool 3 is basically a different game and I only recently unlocked meta-defining cards.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

what are people using tokens in? Pool 3 cards? new poo poo? trying to decide whether to blow it all on she hulk or something

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

buffalo all day posted:

what are people using tokens in? Pool 3 cards? new poo poo? trying to decide whether to blow it all on she hulk or something

I'm going to use it to finish out whatever archetypes I'm lacking cards for. Arnim Zola for my On Reveal deck.
Death, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, etc for a destruction deck.

Stuff like that.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So this is the only deck I’ve been reliably climbing with but I’m stalled in the high 50s to low 60s. It’s just a ongoing spectrum deck with I don’t believe any pool 2 cards at all. Any changes y’all would recommend? Getting slightly annoyed with going one step forward two back every day

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Punisher
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Namor
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJGYW50YXN0aWMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlB1bmlzaGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYW1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktsYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifV19
#

Also think I may slow down. If I’m annoyed with pool 2 everything I’m reading on pool 3 says that much worse.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Absolutely nothing until it becomes clear what the most efficient way to use them is.

I'm not really lusting for any pool 3 cards at the moment so I guess that makes it easier to wait.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

buffalo all day posted:

Idk, I'm hoping someone on Reddit makes a big math effortpost on this. Using them towards completing your pool 3 collection seems good because once you do so, you start getting a LOT more tokens. But if you really want a specific pool 4 or pool 5 card this will probably be your only chance to get one for a while. It's weird how much it shakes up the collection structure in this game, I'm not used to having crafting anxiety lol

edit: at this point though I'll probably go for pool 3 unless someone convinces me it's a bad idea. 6 cards of my choice would be enough to enable playing a ton of new decks at this point

goferchan fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
what’s the tl;dr on what I should do before the update with CL826, 3400 credits, and 280 gold