Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm pushing for T110 for the orchard boost. I have enough silver saved up, just need a few more GMs. I did get a few 10b pets and the 100b storehouse but not 100b crop yet. That'll probably come after T110.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
If you are drowning in gold leaves or pumpkins those are my current problems. Namely that last night I sold all my pumpkins and now need 400 of them.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

If you are drowning in gold leaves or pumpkins those are my current problems. Namely that last night I sold all my pumpkins and now need 400 of them.

What’s your farmer name?

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
What's the most efficient way to get my exploring from nearly 98 to 99 before this bonus expires? OJ? AP? I got the Oprah achievement, want to throw that gold at it if it's not a terrible idea, as it'll get me all 4 to 99

Griz
May 21, 2001

zamiel posted:

What's the most efficient way to get my exploring from nearly 98 to 99 before this bonus expires? OJ? AP? I got the Oprah achievement, want to throw that gold at it if it's not a terrible idea, as it'll get me all 4 to 99

you still have two days of event, you can probably hit 99 without spending gold just by spamming WC with onion soup.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

zamiel posted:

I would use AP and AC first just for the sake of your fingers.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

rafikki posted:

I’ve been grinding out all of the GMs that just require wood/boards/planks with the craftworks. Got all of the fish masteries that won’t take like 5k+ large nets by referencing the spreadsheet. All of that along with some of the “natural” GMs like twine/drinks/paste and such have gotten me this far. The only two 300ak achievements I have are the raptor one and help requests.

Where is this spreadsheet?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Vasler posted:

Where is this spreadsheet?

There’s a guides section in the library, this is the fishing one https://docs.google.com/file/d/17Zti-d6rqTIJtgQlBfLP3YQQoPIXY2QW/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Whoa thanks!

I forgot to say all this time. I'm vasler in Farm RPG. I can help folks out with stuff. I'm only at tower 60 but I've got lots of stuff!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Vasler posted:

Whoa thanks!

I forgot to say all this time. I'm vasler in Farm RPG. I can help folks out with stuff. I'm only at tower 60 but I've got lots of stuff!

Yeah, don’t sleep on that guide once you get to where batteries are meaningful to you. There’s a lot of low hanging fruit in fishing and more that aren’t too bad when the AK starts becoming scarce.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
What are batteries in the context of Farm RPG?

Also I just stuck my info into this spreadsheet and its amazing. Now I just have to somehow get the sea pincher special and I'll be able to really fish for masteries.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Vasler posted:

What are batteries in the context of Farm RPG?

Auto-correct for Masteries, presumably.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Klungar posted:

Auto-correct for Masteries, presumably.

Oh that makes sense, derp. In related news, I finally have 40 cooking! Come to me, breakfast boost!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Weird one on cooking. I’ve been making Sea Pincher Specials and have 132 in my inventory (I’ve used about 6) and yet the 10,000 mastery just unlocked for it. I’m not complaining but it seems odd.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

Weird one on cooking. I’ve been making Sea Pincher Specials and have 132 in my inventory (I’ve used about 6) and yet the 10,000 mastery just unlocked for it. I’m not complaining but it seems odd.

The mastery bonus for tasting plus the mastery bonus during the Halloween event probably got you there.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah you get mastery for tasting and such don’t you it must be that.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Out of curiosity… do some items give like special properties? Like why do I want carvings? Why do I want a rabbits foot?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Out of curiosity… do some items give like special properties? Like why do I want carvings? Why do I want a rabbits foot?

nope but definitely hang on to them because you never know when they'll decide to use them for something

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The mastery and skill bonuses from actions are all based on time remaining. So the first actions on a Sea Pincher give massive skill/mastery.

I‘ve still not found proper math on the time reduction perks but I got a feeling if all you care about is xp, you‘re better off not having them.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Let's just spin away some AC before getting tomorrow's bonus that would void 20 or 30...

Spin 10ac win 17ac
Spin 20ac win 23ac

Going great I tell you.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Huh. Just got 9x Christmas Card's from spinning the wheel. Are those just novelty items?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Huh. Just got 9x Christmas Card's from spinning the wheel. Are those just novelty items?

Does it say anything about “requests left”? If not, then probably yes.

I have almost 200 egg 05s from spinning the wheel. Somehow I hit that item on random TWICE. Speaking of which, if anyone wants one, LMK.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Can someone point me to a list of the tower rewards? I must be missing it in the library.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://buddy.farm/tower/

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way to tell what the milestone rewards do? Like what does Ashes of Pentagorn do?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

obi_ant posted:

Is there a way to tell what the milestone rewards do? Like what does Ashes of Pentagorn do?

This is a list of all the artifacts and what they do: https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=Artifacts

The rewards from Floor 120 and up have not been implemented yet and currently don't do anything.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Aerox posted:

This is a list of all the artifacts and what they do: https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=Artifacts

The rewards from Floor 120 and up have not been implemented yet and currently don't do anything.

Thanks! I guess it's time to bust rear end to 110.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

Partially true, each Tower level has rewards, afaik it was 1.2k or 2k of each item and there‘s some great level rewards. On top of the passive daily silver you get for each tower level.

But yeah once you hit T120 it‘s time to decide what you want and where you stand:
- 100b crop row (Merit Badge!)
- 100b storehouse
- lvl7 pets which have over 300 days ROI (even more than that for most of them)
- passive production to fuel the next sprint in tower via GMs and silver

There are many options and you need to decide what to do based on your own playstyle and general progress. I am sitting at T149 with more than 800b silver and 3.1k AK saved up, I‘ve had time to think about all these options.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

New crafting items using jundland items. Glad that showed up after voiding tens of thousands of items farming banners…

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

and that's why I waited

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New iOS icon just dropped

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Well, did what I could to rush more AK, and I'm 20AK away from Tower Level 50. I've got ~13 fish I can GM for 6kLNs in the right places. Apparently I've only ever made 22kLNs which seems low to me, but so goes. That'll get me to 60.

I've got Craftworks churning away all my wood and stone but it's taking forever (I've maxed out my farm resource gains). Might buy a 9th slot, 400gold doesn't seem ridiculous for it. Wish wood came in faster than by the hour.

I'm roughly a third of the way to any of the merit badges. I could auto-fish up that badge I suppose (though I did get an official, red-text automation warning last time I touched fishing. Would kinda stink to get actually-banned for it, but 10k is anti-fun). I can also get a good chunk by doing all the breakfast/insta-crops.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

New iOS icon just dropped

I swear every time I log on something has changed with the UI.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I picked this up on the app store about a month ago and my progress has definitely slowed down in the 50-60 range. It's still ticking along, but I've discovered what's meant by Corn Jail and I'm not a fan at 5% full. Fishing and exploring also slowed down fast after level 50 too. But this game does a good idle/incremental job for me on my phone. I wasn't super keen on it for browser, but it feels right on a touch screen.

IG name same as my user name.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

I picked this up on the app store about a month ago and my progress has definitely slowed down in the 50-60 range. It's still ticking along, but I've discovered what's meant by Corn Jail and I'm not a fan at 5% full. Fishing and exploring also slowed down fast after level 50 too. But this game does a good idle/incremental job for me on my phone. I wasn't super keen on it for browser, but it feels right on a touch screen.

IG name same as my user name.

Spend some gold and expand your mailbox asap

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Spend some gold and expand your mailbox asap

But 1100 more orchard trees are 500g!

And I’m stuck at the 1300 cap like a PEASANT

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saxophone posted:

But 1100 more orchard trees are 500g!

And I’m stuck at the 1300 cap like a PEASANT

lol his cap was only 5 though!

It’s 10 now which helps.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I've never needed it before and was buying QoL stuff, lols. Now the mailbox is also QoL, but I'm also out of gold.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

You fools forget this game is a marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

The worst thing about the game is that you have to pet the cows that you send to the slaughterhouse. = (

My dairy cows are all named, and the beef cows are just like "Cow 62"

Also I am stalled out on my quests because they either have a material cost more than my max inventory - or are trying to find those drat ants.