Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I remember a few years ago there was a gif making around of some kind of hell turtle in an aquarium casually ripping a live mouse in two…

I'd keep my distance, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Regular snapping turtles just look mean and grumpy, the alligator ones look like angry hellspawn that got timewarped in from prehistoric times.

the funny thing is, the common turtles are the aggressive ones that will gently caress you up for getting close while the loggerheads are pretty chill so long as you don't put anything in their mouths.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
turtles are so fuckin weird man

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Mr. Nice! posted:

the funny thing is, the common turtles are the aggressive ones that will gently caress you up for getting close while the loggerheads are pretty chill so long as you don't put anything in their mouths.

Which is fair, you stick something in my mouth and I'm gonna have a problem with it too

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ablative posted:

Which is fair, you stick something in my mouth and I'm gonna have a problem with it too

Eh, depends on what is being stuck in my mouth. I might enjoy it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Clint has some opinions on Snapping Turtles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwd4bPVHA6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KszwZ6HSMo0

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Snapping turtles are awesome as long as you don't gently caress with them. Had to help one across the road on a base when I was in the Air Force, thing was the size of a full size semi tire, we used a walking cane to basically drag him across the road as he gaped his mouth threateningly at us.

Must've been at least 50 year old turtle. Guy was living in a retention pond with Alligators, if he was that big nobody was willing to gently caress with him.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 29, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6rZi96Y.gifv

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

And it's still there to this day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Here's the video if you want audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDsJNJgvafs

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Cartoon Man posted:

This motherfucker would absolutely crush your skull in its mouth, why the gently caress would you pick it up! :psyduck:

Lowtax?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Found the classic, for the love of god please unmute this:

https://i.imgur.com/QRx5hGt.mp4

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Not only do common snappers have way more reach than alligator snappers, they have enough neck and speed to strike like a snake. Alligator snappers are like bear traps, just avoid the sharp end and you're fine. Common snappers are like a bear trap on an RC car with a toddler at the controls.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Not only do common snappers have way more reach than alligator snappers, they have enough neck and speed to strike like a snake. Alligator snappers are like bear traps, just avoid the sharp end and you're fine. Common snappers are like a bear trap on an RC car with a toddler at the controls.

Now I just want to put a snapper on an rc car and zoom around.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

"Does A Snapper On An RC Car Count As A Technical" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Snapping turtles feed by just laying around with their mouths open, wiggling their tongues around so it looks like a worm and then waiting for something to decide to check it out.

This is also how I attract mates.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

CommieGIR posted:

Must've been at least 50 year old turtle. Guy was living in a retention pond with Alligators, if he was that big nobody was willing to gently caress with him.

https://twitter.com/bornakang/status/1597033440339107841?s=46&t=u8XwxxPBKDeBk9hnNX75HQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Cartoon Man posted:

This motherfucker would absolutely crush your skull in its mouth, why the gently caress would you pick it up! :psyduck:

Is this the new super Mario movie

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You've gotta suck on em for awhile before you try to crunch through the shell, idiot

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I've seen a youtube of an otter disemboweling an alligator turtle so they're not completely invulnerable.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Sagebrush posted:

Is this the new super Mario movie

this is clearly the 90s Dinosaurs show, you can see on that guy's face that he was just called not the momma

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I've seen a youtube of an otter disemboweling an alligator turtle so they're not completely invulnerable.

I once lived in a condo that had a large pond out back. We populated it with ducks and it was already full of Florida softshell turtles (the doofiest looking things).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQpLRRlQwIo

I guess a family of otters found their way in via the drainage system and started terrorizing the resident animals.

You'd be sitting on the porch and the things would pop out of the water, grab a sunbathing turtle, flip it upside down, drag it into the water by it's rear end, and swim off chittering excitedly to themselves while the poor softshell was left to right itself and rocket up the bank. The Florida sofshell can loving move when it wants to. They kinda hop when scared or angry, all four legs propelling the body up off the ground like a wind-up toy.

The otters went after the ducks, too. Indian Runners and Pekin ducks, so they couldn't fly very well. Grab them by the tail, drag 'em down into the water, and let 'em go to pop up like an angry, loud cork.

That lasted until they taunted the Boxer dog enough that she went in to rescue her ducks. No one was happy with the result, least of all Roxy when she found out she couldn't swim. Scared the piss out of every other animal there though!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I had a pet snapping turtle as a kid. We named it Fluffy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/jTXVHSl.mp4

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
jesus watch out!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

I once lived in a condo that had a large pond out back. We populated it with ducks and it was already full of Florida softshell turtles (the doofiest looking things).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQpLRRlQwIo

I guess a family of otters found their way in via the drainage system and started terrorizing the resident animals.

You'd be sitting on the porch and the things would pop out of the water, grab a sunbathing turtle, flip it upside down, drag it into the water by it's rear end, and swim off chittering excitedly to themselves while the poor softshell was left to right itself and rocket up the bank. The Florida sofshell can loving move when it wants to. They kinda hop when scared or angry, all four legs propelling the body up off the ground like a wind-up toy.

The otters went after the ducks, too. Indian Runners and Pekin ducks, so they couldn't fly very well. Grab them by the tail, drag 'em down into the water, and let 'em go to pop up like an angry, loud cork.

That lasted until they taunted the Boxer dog enough that she went in to rescue her ducks. No one was happy with the result, least of all Roxy when she found out she couldn't swim. Scared the piss out of every other animal there though!

W...was Roxy OK? :ohdear:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

jesus watch out!

He is risen, though perhaps a little too high.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 30, 2022

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Hey, if bearin' a cross was easy we'd all be doin' it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Robobot posted:

Hey, if bearin' a cross was easy we'd all be doin' it.

Where's Simon of Cyrene when you need him?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

W...was Roxy OK? :ohdear:

Of course! Wouldn't let my girl down.

Boxers have big chests. She floated, head up, without knowing what to do but attack the water. By the time I got down the bank, her back legs found ground and kept going. She still thought she was drowning until I grabbed the scruff of her neck and pulled her up.

Imagine a 70lb. Boxer who loves you, thinks you saved her life, and is covered in muck. That all ended up on me, all four legs clinging and head on my neck.

So dramatic. Three adults and four children laughing at her.

Second favorite dog of all time. The one to the left here:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sheesh you'd think a carpenter'd know better

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Via Dormitor.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

thepopmonster posted:

Via Dormitor.

I am rather shocked to see something like this out of Germany

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

mischief posted:

Any time I see someone holding one I think back to my neighbor's sandbox when we were really young. A massive snapping turtle had decided to nest there, right next to a really deep part of the creek. His dad went out there all indignant with a push broom to relocate the thing and it literally snapped the handle in half.

So that's how we ended up with baby anger turtles all over our creek.

sounds like it's their creek now

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Imagine if Ernest had used snapping turtles for paratroopers in Ernest Goes To Camp.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

Of course! Wouldn't let my girl down.

Oh thank goodness. It was pretty ambiguous in your original story. Good dog(s). :3:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

jesus what a moron

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

repiv posted:

"Does A Snapper On An RC Car Count As A Technical" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

I'm going to have to call it an APC. The carrier might not be armoured but the personnel is, still counts.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I didn't know otters were assholes. I figured that story ended with them eating the ducks, not dunking them.