Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Zoot Suit Samus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kinda surprising, when you think about it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

No Dignity posted:

Zero Suit... absolutely not

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
alien babes..... ftw. imagine what the Duke would say

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

speaking of Kerrigan in SC2 her infested form has high heels. well actually since she's a zerg it's actually her feet, but they're shaped like high heels anyway. in SC1 it might partially be due to the old art and crunchy CG but she's like clearly not human anymore lol. has the same face and that's it. even her voice is totally different. then they made her a babe for some reason, except she's still an alien so she's made of chitin plates shaped like a babe for... reasons

Feels Villeneuve posted:

alien babes ftw

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

somebody should just buy everyone in Games an uncanny ai generated samus av like that one guy who's doing it in cspam

these cut Samus facial expressions from Prime 1 could work

(https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/08/metroid-prime-gc-beta/)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
samus should look like someone who constantly injects herself with as much hosed up alien DNA as possible

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She should be a roided out space marine, because she is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

samus should look like someone who constantly injects herself with as much hosed up alien DNA as possible

Isn't she basically built like a 40k space marine at this point?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

or the disco elysium freaks. that was my own personal experience with a game i loved being ruined lol. well not really ruined for me but nobody would believe me that it was actually good

disco elysium is so fuckin good and when you read the politics freaks talking about it feels like they're describing a different game

Talking about how it's the Epic Communist game and owns the neolibs and it's about how unions are win or whatever and I'm like the bits that stuck with me the most are the bow collector thought cabinet, the conversation with the wife of the guy you find on the pier and the bit where you can try to get out of paying your tab by telling the guy you'll put him in Sex Jail

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Zoot Suit Samus

hold on, we might be onto something here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

some plague rats posted:

disco elysium is so fuckin good and when you read the politics freaks talking about it feels like they're describing a different game

they may be drawn to it because it rewards the player for not showering

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i once got in trouble because the first issue of PC Gamer i got in the mail had a poster of Seven of Nine in it so alien babes are just a cultural tradition

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

Talking about how it's the Epic Communist game and owns the neolibs and it's about how unions are win or whatever and I'm like the bits that stuck with me the most are the bow collector thought cabinet, the conversation with the wife of the guy you find on the pier and the bit where you can try to get out of paying your tab by telling the guy you'll put him in Sex Jail

yeah i loved that stuff. the politics of it are whatever because in general it makes fun of you for caring about a video games politics which is the correct take.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

some plague rats posted:

The way the politics people talk about it sounds like a game that's entirely about lovely twitter level owns :smuggo: on capitalism and right wing politics

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imo you should play the game and never read any post about it on the internet again

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

imo you should play the game and never read any post about it on the internet again

:hmmyes:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a sad, kinda mournful game about a man who can't change himself set in a city that hasn't changed in generations, to the point that the district it's set in is still all hosed up from artillery shelling during the war. it just never got fixed. and it has an insane amount of detail and stuff to do

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DE ftw and I hope that the creators get some sort of victory in the big fail legal battle going on with the company.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I can get it for like :10bux: on gog but already bought outer wilds and a hunting game on recommendations from goons this sale

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ilmucche posted:

I can get it for like :10bux: on gog but already bought outer wilds and a hunting game on recommendations from goons this sale

outer wilds is loving GODLIKE. life changing game.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

some plague rats posted:

My favorite part is when you make the right rolls to notice the bullet hole in the corpse and you actually get to do a neat mystery twist and be halfway competent for 30 seconds while the lovely kids who spend most of the game calling you and Kim slurs are really excited by how cool this is and cheering you on to boost your rolls.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I got the tude now posted:

Yeah two goons in the musk these told me to buy it and told me not to look things up about it beyond "space exploration, no jump scares"

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the funniest experience i had with disco elysium was trying to emotionally manipulate titus hardie into telling me what happened by putting kim's gun in my mouth but when he called my bluff i had ("had") to pull the trigger or i'd look like a bitch

e: thank god woolie played this part so i could cap it

fun hater fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 29, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

still start tearing up whenever i hear the music from the ending....

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The best part of Disco Elysium is when you steal hi-tech boots from a corpse and clean off the rotten flesh in a pot and your fight-or-flight skill(the best skill) tells you to taste the ungodly mess you made:

Or when this happens:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

The way the politics people talk about it sounds like a game that's entirely about lovely twitter level owns :smuggo: on capitalism and right wing politics

Yeah which is a dumbassed view because you can follow whatever politics you like through the game and you never do anything practical about it the only difference it makes is that you say different flavors of poo poo to people who don't care, don't want to hear it and want you to go away, which is a bit too real honestly

It's an extremely melancholy game about loving about trying to do what you can among the ruins when the revolution fails, history is settled way above your pay grade and you just kind of... keep going afterwards. It's insanely funny a lot of the time and also contains a couple moments like the conversation with the guy's wife I mentioned where I had to stop playing for a minute after I went through them the first time

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nuns with Guns posted:

My favorite part is when you make the right rolls to notice the bullet hole in the corpse and you actually get to do a neat mystery twist and be halfway competent for 30 seconds while the lovely kids who spend most of the game calling you and Kim slurs are really excited by how cool this is and cheering you on to boost your rolls.

How you feel about Cuno is a strong indicator of your worth as a person

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Don't mind disco elysium spoilers but pls no outer wilds spoilers. You can spoil the hunter: call of the wild. It has "story missions" but it's still shooting pictures of or bullets at animals

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

s/o to you sagas thread, all the chrono cross music made me get it again

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also Disco Elysium has quests to find and do different types of drugs for more experience and there's an achievement+in game perk for saying sorry a lot, even if you did nothing wrong.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Yeah which is a dumbassed view because you can follow whatever politics you like through the game and you never do anything practical about it the only difference it makes is that you say different flavors of poo poo to people who don't care, don't want to hear it and want you to go away, which is a bit too real honestly

It's an extremely melancholy game about loving about trying to do what you can among the ruins when the revolution fails, history is settled way above your pay grade and you just kind of... keep going afterwards. It's insanely funny a lot of the time and also contains a couple moments like the conversation with the guy's wife I mentioned where I had to stop playing for a minute after I went through them the first time

it feels uniquely post-soviet from people living in a post-soviet country and we don't get enough good games like that.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

DETECTIVE

ARRIVING

ON THE SCENE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the music is incredible.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I posted it pages back but one goon actually managed to play the game without getting a single achievement, which is borderline impossible because of all the achievements the game has for picking a political opinion including on you get for never taking a political opinion. They achieved this during the same run where they successful interacted with the game so little they also failed the only mandatory check in the game.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
this too

Leal posted:

The thing dragging down Disco Elysium is that you're a cop and ACAB

Strategic Tea posted:

lol imagine being too left wing to play disco elysium

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Outer Wilds is one of the best video games ever made.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

some plague rats posted:

How you feel about Cuno is a strong indicator of your worth as a person

Will always lol how there was an effort by major gaming press outlets to say the game is bad because you can't fix cuno with a speech check at the start of the game and most had to sheepishly walk it all back after the game got across the board critical acclaim.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the kind of cop you play is the kind of cop that leftists want the police to be so that's not being too left wing it's being too stupid. not that anyone cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

this too

lol