Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i'm pretty sure jordan henderson playing some long balls that nobody ran for doesn't actually qualify as literally the worst football performance in history

just naturalise mo salah and you've solved 90% of the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

a game from four years ago? it was a weird sub and foden should have come in but the game actually calmed down for England after henderson was introduced. the US were heaping on pressure and bellingham was doing nothing out there.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Akbar posted:

a game from four years ago? it was a weird sub and foden should have come in but the game actually calmed down for England after henderson was introduced. the US were heaping on pressure and bellingham was doing nothing out there.

Glad they were able to make a reactive sub that countered the pressure and let them secure a tough draw against *checks notes* the United States of America Soccer Guys

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ive had a few days to think on it and its now definitely coming home again

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
basically nailed on

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Glad they were able to make a reactive sub that countered the pressure and let them secure a tough draw against *checks notes* the United States of America Soccer Guys

you've caught southgate's talking points

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I've got a bad feeling...

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Quizzlefish posted:

I've got a bad feeling...

Yeah, me too.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
We’re gonna batter them

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hungary 4-nil England keeps flashing through my mind, but I think this Wales team is gassed. It could well be a defeat, but I can’t see Wales finding four.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Christe Eleison posted:

Hungary 4-nil England keeps flashing through my mind, but I think this Wales team is gassed. It could well be a defeat, but I can’t see Wales finding four.

We're hosed. Genuinely think we could still be playing Iran now and wouldn't have scored.

If we beat England I'll run naked round Cardiff Castle.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I confidently predicted a 3-0 win against the USA, so I'm going to double down on 3-0 against Wales.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Never doubted the lads, Sir Marcus gonna lead us all the way, it's coming home etc

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
7 points, scored 9, conceded 2. Seems pretty good.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

My Mystic powers have returned. I'm going to triple down on 3-0 against Senegal.

JoylessJester fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 29, 2022

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

JoylessJester posted:

I confidently predicted a 3-0 win against the USA, so I'm going to double down on 3-0 against Wales.

:popeye:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Good changes from sir waistcoat imo. Rashford, Saka and foden all in form and able to play either side is a very good situation.

Midfield more of a worry, think Southgate will persist with Rice/Henderson but they don't create anything.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Good changes from sir waistcoat imo. Rashford, Saka and foden all in form and able to play either side is a very good situation.

Midfield more of a worry, think Southgate will persist with Rice/Henderson but they don't create anything.

Think it’ll be Mount, Rice, Bellingham

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This bellingham kid seems like one to watch

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Great showing by the lads. I felt a bit sad for Bale but what can you do

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is Southgate going to get another generous route to the final and then blow it again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quizzlefish posted:

I felt a bit sad for Bale but what can you do

Maybe if he wanted to stay in the cup he should have scored more goals op

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

or is it coming home

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

This bellingham kid seems like one to watch

I'm enjoying pundits talking about him playing in the Bundesliga for Dortmund as if he's slogging it out in the Estonian 3rd division

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Frankston posted:

Is Southgate going to get another generous route to the final and then blow it again

Yer nothing says generous like the current AFCON holders?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Frankston posted:

Beat France in the quarters and then it's coming home Vs Spain or Brazil in the final.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Rarity posted:

Maybe if he wanted to stay in the cup he should have scored more goals op

like kane?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kane's so good he gets other players to score goals for him maybe Bale should have tried that too

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

Kane's so good he gets other players to score goals for him maybe Bale should have tried that too

Most assists in the competition so far. Sir Harry's generosity knows no bounds.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
hes certainly assisted me

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

One World Cup golden boot, one World Cup silver boot, one World Cup winners medal. That’ll do him I’m sure.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Looking forward to Southgate reverting to type when there's something on the line against Senegal.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
englandwalesshited

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Can’t wait to see what culturally inappropriate things England fans do for the Senegal match

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

The Senegal drumline is going to overpower and incinerate the England band like that one part from Scott Pilgrim

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Can’t wait for the commentators to talk about the
‘passionate’ fans

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
How about that ball from Kalvin for Rashford's 2nd goal, zesty poo poo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

How about that ball from Kalvin for Rashford's 2nd goal, zesty poo poo

Fuckin superb pass

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Fuckin superb pass

peps a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Excellent win; bit bothered still because I am not sure what kind of thinking there is behind the lineups being trotted out. I am not sure whether there is a permutation that can beat France, Brazil, et al. but we’re out of time for trial and error.