Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FistEnergy posted:

They're going to lose to the Bengals and Ravens, making the rest of the games irrelevant. They'll beat the Texans to string the homers along for a bit longer though.

Why do you assume this? Cleveland handled the Bengals easily in match 1 and in Baltimore outplayed the Ravens and shouldve beat us. People are making a big mistake penciling in victories in these AFCN games that are more unpredictable. I dont care what the records show, unless a team is truly horrendous Im not assuming victories against AFCN opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All indications from practice and the preseason are that Watson isn't going to just step in and play at a capable level. Presuming no really nasty injuries versus the Chiefs the Bengals with DJ Reeder and Chase are a very different team.

They do always seem to play down to the Browns though, this time it will be different (tm)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

My feeling on Watson is that people saying he's sure to be bad are engaging in wishful thinking. Yeah it's what he deserves and yeah it's what the Browns deserve for paying that much for him in his situation. But the fact is that his numbers from the last season he played were top-of-the-line type stuff. Guys come back from brutal injuries and miss an entire year and are still able to play at that top level so there's no reason to think Watson doesn't still have that in him. That sort of insane talent doesn't just wither away at 27. It's possible he'll be rusty for a game or two but I don't see it taking too long for him to get mostly back to form. He might have looked rusty in practice and preseason or whatever but that's what those things are for.

Also even if the Browns seem out of it, Watson has all the incentive to play at a high level no matter what. Yeah he's not in most people's good graces right now but history has shown us that as long as there's not a Ray Rice type video out there of you doing the thing that got you into that mess, you can get out of it by getting back on the field and playing well. It might never totally go away but you can get rid of most of it by doing that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won't say who it is. i don't gossip. but there was a good man who was out of the league for a few years, a worse player than watson, and people fully believed he was an nfl starter who should have the keys somewhere without question for at least 3 years out of the nfl if not longer. that man never did get his chance either. it all comes down to the belief in something. some kind of cosmic sense of fairness, that this isn't diro-rhea hell where we all have to drink the diro-rhea. i say it like that to make it less disgusting. but there is no cosmic fairness like that. browns 9-8

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 28, 2022

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'll just put my faith in the proven power of these fully armed and operational Bengos.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i won't say who it is. i don't gossip. but there was a good man who was out of the league for a few years, a worse player than watson, and people fully believed he was an nfl starter who should have the keys somewhere without question for at least 3 years out of the nfl if not longer. that man never did get his chance either. it all comes down to the belief in something. some kind of cosmic sense of fairness, that this isn't diro-rhea hell where we all have to drink the diro-rhea. i say it like that to make it less disgusting. but there is no cosmic fairness like that. browns 9-8

ah, Tim Tebow

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kawalimus posted:

Why do you assume this? Cleveland handled the Bengals easily in match 1 and in Baltimore outplayed the Ravens and shouldve beat us. People are making a big mistake penciling in victories in these AFCN games that are more unpredictable. I dont care what the records show, unless a team is truly horrendous Im not assuming victories against AFCN opponents.

The Burrow Bengos have never beaten a backup quarterback. It's a curse or something.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Dietrich posted:

The Burrow Bengos have never beaten the Browns. It's a curse or something.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah that too but thats giving the browns credit which i am lothe to do.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

It seems coach Harbaugh jas reneged on ensuring the team keeps not closing. I will be having a conversation with him soon about the Ravens being the worst closers in the nfl

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Dietrich posted:

The Burrow Bengos have never beaten a backup quarterback. It's a curse or something.

?????

They just got their first win this season against a QB1 on Sunday

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they haven't beaten a starter or backup

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Congrats to the 3rd string steelers qb on losing to bengay

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Bengals winning 0 games this year was unexpected

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Miss u Haskins

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im getting on a plane to baltimore rn im coming to kiss kawalimus

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Peck on the beak

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Buy yourselves some pit beef sandwiches at jake’s in cockeysville after your bird outing

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Having a conversation with Coach Harbaugh about the Ravens inability to close

Hopefully he gets the message this time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Racing Stripe posted:

Buy yourselves some pit beef sandwiches at jake’s in cockeysville after your bird outing

Ive actually never been to that or had pit beef period. I drive by it a lot though. Will have to stop there soon

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pioneer in Catonsville is supposed to be amazing but I'm rarely around there. Canopy is right down the road and it's pretty good but not spectacular.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't go down into the pit for beef without placing the covenant of artorias on your finger

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

Ive actually never been to that or had pit beef period. I drive by it a lot though. Will have to stop there soon

Yeah, make the stop next time. It's the only pit beef I've had so I can't compare it to anywhere else, but I think it's really good. Plus the sandwich is piled so high you can take half of it off and make another sandwich the next day. Some guy I was talking to who considers himself a real food head was telling me that the best pit beef in town is owned/operated by a Korean family. I don't remember what it was called, hth.

Sorry, this was bbq chat. Forget you read it. Chase is going to catch two touchdowns on Sunday, but Kelce is probably going to catch three.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Sam Hubbard is really good at run defending.

However.

DJ Reader is also really good at run defending.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's the offense

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
Thought it was the punt unit.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
No, that's football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens are in a good spot if Lamar Jackson, Ronnie Stanley, Patrick Queen, Isaiah Likely, Marcus Williams, David Ojabo, Rashod Bateman, J.K Dobbins, Gus Edwards, and Kyle Hamilton get healthy by next week.

This loving team.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

its super bowl or bust this year for the never say die baltimore ravens

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I’m going to kiss every member of the Cincinnati football bengals on the Lips.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another backup defeated

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

wh0 dey

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
God im so stoked for when Huntley gets injured and we get ridiculed for having a tight end as QB. Such a breath of fresh air after all the talk about Lamar being a running back.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It'd be interesting to see Andrews at QB just to see the Ravens manage their own Terrell Pryor conundrum.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Ravens should claim Baker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY