Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Cease to Hope posted:

I said that, but I might've been mistaken.

No, I swear I've seen a speedloading animation as well. I imagine the reloading 1 chamber at a time animation would be a pain in the rear end to speed up or slow down, so do you get a speedload animation when you've got some kind of temporary reload buff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Anyone running darktide with a rx 66xx card that can share performance? Getting one of them for new card and wondering which option will be better on a 1440p display.

Estel
May 4, 2010
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_o5oOJs_v0

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Schofield speedloader is my favorite pistol in hunt so I would love a speedloader variant for the revolver.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Looks like one of the maps will have a servoskull charging station pillar.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I could of swore there was a ogryn heavy bolter or autocannon on that trailer. It had that sweep out handle like the ripper and heavy stubber but it was explicitly not either of those. Wrong fire rate and sound for a ripper gun too, too slow and chunky.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

DeathSandwich posted:

I could of swore there was a ogryn heavy bolter or autocannon on that trailer. It had that sweep out handle like the ripper and heavy stubber but it was explicitly not either of those. Wrong fire rate and sound for a ripper gun too, too slow and chunky.

Everything looked like a ripper to me? What part of the trailer?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

It's a full auto, slow RoF ripper gun which I don't believe we've seen at least. Either that or they're just cutting a three round burst from a Ripper oddly.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Not their strongest trailer so far, tbqh.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
That trailer makes me wish the Lights out modifier was active for more than like what, 2 days? During the entire beta? Felt like every other map was endless horde.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fishstick posted:

That trailer makes me wish the Lights out modifier was active for more than like what, 2 days? During the entire beta? Felt like every other map was endless horde.

And even then it was only for about an hour at a time for me when it was active. Very annoying.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Looks like one of the maps will have a servoskull charging station pillar.

Most of the stage was in one of milkandcookies's videos. Timestamped to the pillar room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlriITSJJSM&t=844s

It also has the ruined hangar you see briefly in the trailer.

It's a stage that wasn't in the beta.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Also endless hoard is way too frequent for how much more difficult it makes the levels.

Does quickplay favor endless hoard or is it just my rng? There were 2 or 3 malice missions available last night but all five of my runs were endless hoard water supply.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

Fishstick posted:

I was expecting to hate that modifier after how much the VT2 maps that featured darkness sucked.

Holy poo poo I *loved* Lights Out. The ambient lighting in the environment, the glow of poxwalker eyes, the tenseness of not wanting to stumble across an unexpected daemonhost, it made an amazing experience. We only had one guy with a torch on his gun and one zealot who was generating light by repeatedly activating his thunder hammer. Really looking forward to it coming back.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Did I hallucinate or was it the forces of Chaos that have given me these heretical thoughts, but I swore that there was some discussion about modifying guns with things like sights.

Is that a real thing, or are some of the guns just going to have dog poo poo iron sights forever?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mendrian posted:

Also endless hoard is way too frequent for how much more difficult it makes the levels.

Does quickplay favor endless hoard or is it just my rng? There were 2 or 3 malice missions available last night but all five of my runs were endless hoard water supply.

its RNG, its def too common imo

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Orv posted:

It's a full auto, slow RoF ripper gun which I don't believe we've seen at least. Either that or they're just cutting a three round burst from a Ripper oddly.

Huh, I stand corrected then.

I think I would be a lot happier with the ripper if it had like 22-25 shots a mag and didn't default to burst fire. It spends entirely too long reloading for the amount of shots you get on it, and burst fire default means there's usually a lot of wasted shots anyway.

Like, the stubber also takes an eternity to reload, but you're getting like 120+shots per go and it can keep on going for way longer than it has a right to.

Still want my ogryn power maul though. It's in the ogryn trailer give it to me.

Related: https://youtu.be/iA_fuzg6KRw

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

republic posted:

I was expecting to hate that modifier after how much the VT2 maps that featured darkness sucked.

Holy poo poo I *loved* Lights Out. The ambient lighting in the environment, the glow of poxwalker eyes, the tenseness of not wanting to stumble across an unexpected daemonhost, it made an amazing experience. We only had one guy with a torch on his gun and one zealot who was generating light by repeatedly activating his thunder hammer. Really looking forward to it coming back.

The first map I played with it was the smelter map and the glow of the burning slag against the darkness was incredible.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ogryn HEAVY Bolter when... I'd main Ogryns like it was my life for a heavy Bolter.

Edit: wrong Bolter.

Thronde fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 29, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legit Businessman posted:

Did I hallucinate or was it the forces of Chaos that have given me these heretical thoughts, but I swore that there was some discussion about modifying guns with things like sights.

Is that a real thing, or are some of the guns just going to have dog poo poo iron sights forever?

It is not currently a thing, according to a CM it’s on the table for the future.

And yeah power interruption makes me wish their RTX implementation wasn’t awful.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I just want a 2h bludgeoning weapon for my Ogryn. :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Internet Explorer posted:

If Zealot can't have a 2h chain axe, Ogryn ought to get one.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Am I an idiot or is this just the bully club you start with

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Seems like just a 1h weapon to me? It also does poo poo damage even when compared to something like the thunderhammer.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

the ogryn holds it in one hand, it's not very big

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

hemale in pain posted:

they really need to fix this stuff cause everyone will go for it and it'll make the game boooring.

I certainly won't argue that abusing this will make things easier, but based on my experience in endless horde diff 4 it's not gonna save you when you are getting swarmed by muties and snipers with fire all over the ground during a horde.

Seems like just a 1h weapon to me? It also does poo poo damage even when compared to something like the thunderhammer.

Has anyone tried the Brunt in diff 4/5 after it got adjusted? I'm wondering if it'll be nice for heavy bleed cleaving.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Yes, when you compare something to the single hardest hitting melee weapon in the game it comes up short.

Ogryn biggest strength has always been control more so than raw damage. It's not that his weapons do bad damage (and the club / shovels overhead chop does actually hit really hard) its that he does way more stagger and stun than anyone else and his weapons skew towards big wide sweeps that bowl over lots of dudes. It's less impressive in difficulty 2 and lower intensity diff 3 because the hordes are thinner and you can still one shot a lot of threats. It becomes way more important in difficulty 4 and 5 when you've got like 5 ragers running at you that you can't just headpop / eviscerate anymore that you really start appreciating Bonk the ogryn administering slaps and making the bad men have a sit down for 5 seconds.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I probably have 40+ hours between the Zealot and the Ogryn, so you're not telling me anything I don't already know. The Thunderhammer is extremely underwhelming and if the Ogryn never gets anything that does any better, that is going to be a sad day. The Zealot is always going to swing a lot faster, but IMO it would be okay to give the Ogryn something slow and meaty.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
To add to that, I would like to stress that the special attack for most of Ogryns' melee weapons (sans the shield) always staggers Maulers and Ragers.

Also, it feels great just punching a rager in the face and watching them fall backwards.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I probably have 40+ hours between the Zealot and the Ogryn, so you're not telling me anything I don't already know. The Thunderhammer is extremely underwhelming and if the Ogryn never gets anything that does any better, that is going to be a sad day. The Zealot is always going to swing a lot faster, but IMO it would be okay to give the Ogryn something slow and meaty.

Honestly they should just let the Orgyn wield most 2h weapons as a 1h. Maybe throw in a lvl 30 perk that lets you do that and carry the shield at the same time.

Why yes I want a chain broadsword and shield ogryn, why do you ask?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Closed captions are p great

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I was sad when I found out Zealot heavy sword isnt 2-handed, like if the Eviscerator isnt in the game at least give me an Inquisitorial buster sword cmon.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

DreadUnknown posted:

I was sad when I found out Zealot heavy sword isnt 2-handed, like if the Eviscerator isnt in the game at least give me an Inquisitorial buster sword cmon.

???

S.J.
May 19, 2008

DreadUnknown posted:

The eviscerator is in the game and it's loving awesome

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
The Eviscerator is real, and strong, and my friend

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Magitek posted:

The Eviscerator is real, and strong, and my friend

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I need to purge some heretics

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there a reference anywhere for what all those icons on the weapon descriptions mean? There’s no tooltips and I’m already on the View Information screen.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Missing the plasma gun already.

pew pew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I love the ogryn shovel though. It's got a good wide sweep light>heavy combo, and the first step of the heavy combo is a overhead chop that stoves in people brains and generally does hit super hard. And as mentioned the various slaps and punches the ogryn weapons do will absolutely lay out anything not a crusher. You get to play Mike Tyson's punch-out as Mike.

I don't know how people hate the thunder hammer, it's a VT2 Warhammer (which was already my favorite weapon) with a giant gently caress off super hit on single target. The one negative about it compared to the eviscerator is that the Charged attack cant pick maulers and ragers out of crowds like the Charged eviscerator can.