Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Please continue to play Warpath. Latest pool 3 card I got is Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

I am most tempted by hood, mysterio, and ghost rider (op cards). Mysterio is such a gracelessly pushed card because of this "mindgame" play pattern that no one actually cares about/uses the card for but is some dev's pet mechanic.

Mysterio's mind game effect is not that big.

BUT, he's useful with:

• Bishop - he counts as 3 'played' cards, so that's +3
• Carnage - Eat your illusion for fun and profit!
• Blue Marvel - token synergy
• Patriot - The real Mysterio gets 5 power, and the tokens get 2 power. What's not to love?

Ubersandwich posted:

I see Domino is a few Jubilee decks, do you use her? I'm thinking about adding Wave and keeping an eye open for Electro. That sound fun.

I absolutely do not use Domino. I'd rather have another chance to draw Wave or Electro.

My list:

(3) Killmonger - Tech against annoying 1-drops. This deck doesn't play any, so he's safe to drop any time.
(3) Electro - Energy cheating mechanic #1. Most cumbersome to use - best dropped on Murderworld, Oscorp Tower, Death's Domain etc. if you can.
(3) Wave - Energy cheating mechanic #2. Can also sandbag opponents who like to play many cards.
(4) Jubilee - Energy cheating mechanic #3. Not much to say here.
(5) White Tiger - A good card and a way to 'sneak into' locations that are locked down. Doubleable with Odin.
(5) Professor X - I added this as a tech card during The Bifrost being a hot location, but it worked surprisingly well - no one expects a Professor X on Turn 4, which is the ideal time to drop the guy, and if you can lock down one location the rest of your job just got a lot easier. If you try him, let me know how he goes.
(5) Spider-Woman - A good card, especially if your opponent plays heavily into a particular location. Doubleable with Odin.
(5) Vision - Basically a Tiger Spirit that can move around. Another good way of sneaking into locations.
(6) Odin - Not as good as in some of my older builds of the deck, but he synergizes well with Jubilee, White Tiger, and Spider-Woman.
(6) Hulk - He's Hulk. He smashes things.
(6) Giganto - A slightly bigger Hulk. Be sure to leave the left lane open for him when you play!
(6) Magneto - This deck just, like, needs lots of big drops, so Magneto stepped up. Most of the time you just play him as a Hulk, but occasionally you can disrupt an opponent's formation and do a big horse laugh.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quackles posted:

BUT, he's useful with:

• Patriot - The real Mysterio gets 5 power, and the tokens get 2 power. What's not to love?
Yes that's exactly what I mean. And is a 2 for 5 btw for some reason.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

Yes that's exactly what I mean. And is a 2 for 5 btw for some reason.

Probably because he takes up 3 slots. See also Mister Sinister, who is technically a 2/4 that takes two slots.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Quackles posted:

Probably because he takes up 3 slots. See also Mister Sinister, who is technically a 2/4 that takes two slots.
He's overstatted to ensure he's played a lot. Sandman is understatted to ensure people dont play him much.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I wonder how bad Mysterio’s statline could get and still be playable. 2/4 no doubt, but he’s probably seeing regular play at 2/3. 2/5 is nuts.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I don't have Mysterio myself, does the person who played him know where the real version is or is it a mystery to both players?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Quackles posted:

BUT, he's useful with:

I had a fun time once with Aero, who is incredible. Pulled mysterio clones over to where the other guy dropped Venom, who proceeded to eat all of them for 0 power.

I laughed like hell when I realized what happened and why it worked that way.

Aero (and also Magneto) have just a boatload of stats on top of a powerful effect. Absolutely love them.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

quiggy posted:

I don't have Mysterio myself, does the person who played him know where the real version is or is it a mystery to both players?

Depends how good your memory is. You absolutely know where you played the card, but it then displays with a 0 just like the copies.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

quiggy posted:

Yes, the square you play him on is the real one. You play him just like any other card, your opponent just sees it like you played three squares at once.

And Christmas Dinosaur is the only variant I've spent gold one and I have zero regrets. I love my skiing dino boy.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I played spectrum destroyer and was bouncing between rank 83 and 84 permanently. I rose to rank 85 and then dropped to 79 using it before climbing back up...to 83

Then I opened some pool 3 discard cards and went full on with the discard deck, briefly made it to 87 before dropping to 83 and bouncing around 83 and 85

So yesterday I went back to my destroy devil dino list I used for way too long, and now I'm 88

Long live the devil dinosaur, may he carry me forever

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1597697780012953600

2 hours from this post.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress, I was hoping I might have until next Tuesday to hit 1000. So close.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

rydiafan posted:

Depends how good your memory is. You absolutely know where you played the card, but it then displays with a 0 just like the copies.

The fake ones have little green mist around them, the real one doesn’t (from the point of view of the person who played it)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

stev posted:

gently caress, I was hoping I might have until next Tuesday to hit 1000. So close.

Yeah I'm at 911, not enough time or coins. QQ

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
How many days can you go without updating the app?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah I'm at 911, not enough time or coins. QQ

Nevar forget :911:

Glad I decided not to rush for CL 1000. Now I can patch at 3 and spend all my saved credits. :woop:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I assume credits are harder to earn as the game progresses? I'm at CL 600ish and have had no shortage of credits, upgrading everything I can.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

stev posted:

https://twitter.com/Error40Found/status/1597699182504325120

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

obi_ant posted:

I assume credits are harder to earn as the game progresses? I'm at CL 600ish and have had no shortage of credits, upgrading everything I can.

Not really. You get ~450 credits every day from missions, ~50 from the shop, and a good amount from the Weekly Challenge and the Season Pass. That's fixed, leaving only the CL.

If anything, I'd think credits become easier to earn as the game progresses, as collector's reserves show up and the rate you get new cards slows down.

BGrifter posted:

Nevar forget :911:

Glad I decided not to rush for CL 1000. Now I can patch at 3 and spend all my saved credits. :woop:

:same:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Its not that credits slow down, its that you go a lot more ranks before seeing a new card.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Quackles posted:

I absolutely do not use Domino. I'd rather have another chance to draw Wave or Electro.

My list:
Snip

Missing a few of those heavy hitters, but I'll definitely take inspiration and drop domino. I may wait for Electro to add Wave or try her and see how it flies.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tender Bender posted:

I don't like Warpath because telegraphing that I'm only focusing on two lanes seems bad. But then again when he gets used against me usually works pretty well. Idk.
Warpath is a good mindgames card. If you're really only focusing on two lanes, then every power your opponent puts into that third lane is wasted. But if they leave that third one low, you can swoop in and steal it on turn 6. So they have to be constantly concious that you could be lying, or even if you're not, if they let you go up too far on the lane with Warpath in it, you can jump off into the third anyway. When facing a Warpath, you need to keep a lane with an overstatted card in it within at least 4, so you're having to balance dumping power into a lane you're gonna lose, and dumping power into a lane where you don't need it, and meanwhile your opponent can just do whatever on the third, actually contested lane, because your attention's been drawn away.

obi_ant posted:

Credits are the bottleneck. You'll always have more cards with enough boosters to upgrade them than credits to fund the upgrades, and the pace you get credits doesn't change. Your CL moves pretty quick.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I'm 26 cards into Pool 3, and I think I've managed to avoid every archetype defining card. I think the closest I have to a "must have" card is Mister Negative?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

CitizenKeen posted:

I'm 26 cards into Pool 3, and I think I've managed to avoid every archetype defining card. I think the closest I have to a "must have" card is Mister Negative?

take note all whiners out there. THIS is what a lovely set of pulls looks like.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

No Wave posted:

take note all whiners out there. THIS is what a lovely set of pulls looks like.

I was mostly hoping somebody would point out a Pool 3 archetype I both had and also didn't know existed.

But I'll settle for pity and an acknowledgement that I have lovely luck.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My first three pulls were Rogue, Kingpin, and Jane Foster Mighty Thor.

Then I got Wong and shut up.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

CitizenKeen posted:

I was mostly hoping somebody would point out a Pool 3 archetype I both had and also didn't know existed.

Do Kingpin and Doc Oc work together? Is Doc's grab a move, or a play?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

rydiafan posted:

I didn't know Doc Ock was "move". But he's a rough Turn 6. I have him in my Infinaut deck, might sub in Kingpin.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

CitizenKeen posted:

It's mostly upgrades to existing Pool 1/2 decks. Deadpool is amazing in the destroy archtype, Quinjet slots right into Devil Dino. Mister Negative IS an archtype.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CitizenKeen posted:

Colleen Wing, Black Cat, and Moon Knight are Discard staples, Deadpool and The Hood are excellent for Destroy (though you'll miss Venom for that until you get him), Dagger and Human Torch are huge for Move, and you've got tremendous gently caress-You in Green Goblin and Black Widow, and a solid all-arounder in Captain Marvel. Go make a Discard or Move deck, you're fine.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I just faced a power 7 Cerebro deck.

Onslaught is a 7. So is doubled Ant-Man. And Maximus is a 7... and Angela with exactly 3 cards played.

My head hurts.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Phew, I just hit 1005 after spending off a bunch of my gold hoard.

My first Collector's Cache reward was...10 Hulk Boosters. Thanks, game.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

rydiafan posted:

It's neither move nor play, it's an add. Seen a few posts on reddit from people who found out the hard way that Doc Ock is an "opponent wins this lane" button on Death's Domain.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CitizenKeen posted:

There's some decent cards there, but overall... yeah it's garbage.

At least you have plenty of good stuff to look forward to! :-)

obi_ant posted:

Getting credits stays the same, they're just worth less as time goes on. It's like real life inflation!

uXs fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 29, 2022

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

CitizenKeen posted:

You can make a fun rowdy deck with Psylocke, Negative, Magik and Jubilee as the core. Fill it up with high cost / low power cards. Don't worry about 1 cost and 2 cost cards. You'll catch up after playing Negative.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 29, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Donnerberg posted:

You can make a fun rowdy deck with Psylocke, Negative and Magik as the core. Fill it up with high cost / low power cards. Don't worry about 1 cost and 2 cost cards. You'll catch up after playing Negative.

Yeah, I was looking at a Mister Negative deck and thinking I might be able to limp along without Arnim Zola and Jane Thor.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Quackles posted:

I just faced a power 7 Cerebro deck.

Onslaught is a 7. So is doubled Ant-Man. And Maximus is a 7... and Angela with exactly 3 cards played.

My head hurts.

This keeps getting better the longer I look at it. Even the Nightcrawler on the left is catching the juice thanks to Nidavellir. :allears:

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Let's see how many days it takes for players to notice that a bunch of new cards were added to the game, but obtaining them requires a small statistical miracle or spending actual money. All you can really do is watch streamers play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Update is out on steam. Looks like it fixed a lot of issues with the PC client. Also there's a new 7500 gold bundle so whales have something to spend on now. 3k collectors tokens, 9500 credits, 155 apoc boosters and a variant. Also the token shop has only 1 slot and resets in 4 hours.