Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How is the PlayStation thread reacting to the Actiblizz deal? Is it as bad as Twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I dunno man why don’t you go over there and find out. And don’t bother to report back.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Listen to this man on the importance of the bussy

https://youtu.be/GsNnL5PQ-qM

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

I dunno man why don’t you go over there and find out. And don’t bother to report back.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Disposable Scud posted:

Listen to this man on the importance of the bussy

https://youtu.be/GsNnL5PQ-qM

It's all about that buss that buss that buss

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

How is the PlayStation thread reacting to the Actiblizz deal? Is it as bad as Twitter?

Mostly just like normal people would I guess. Why are you asking about video games in the bussy thread

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

crazy taxi bussy

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Okay, so, Mad Max fuckin' owns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Get back to me in 20 hours on that one.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

veni veni veni posted:

Hey, if I get 20 hrs out of this 3 dollar thing, I’m more than satisfied!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

veni veni veni posted:

I love the IP but you see everything that game has to offer in half that even. Ugh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mad Max was a fantastic game to play when I was in a huge depressive state and just wanted a simple icon clearer and I will always appreciate it for that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Mad Max was a fantastic game to play when I was in a huge depressive state and just wanted a simple icon clearer and I will always appreciate it for that

I wasn't in a depressive episode, but also same.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

same but rage 2

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Same but Fable, all of the Fables.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Rage 2 is the best podcast game ever made. I got all the achievements in it twice. It's worth checking out given it is on Game Pass.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That came out around the same time as Dedicated by CRJ so I had that album on repeat while helicoptering to all the different icons and blasting fools

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm a total sucker for those icon-clearing podcast games so I might have to check Rage 2 out I guess

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you start Rage 2 google how to get the gyrocopter and beeline for that and use it the rest of the game. Great combat (modern DOOM with cooler abilities) but the map and traversal is not so hot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

If you start Rage 2 google how to get the gyrocopter and beeline for that and use it the rest of the game. Great combat (modern DOOM with cooler abilities) but the map and traversal is not so hot

this

e; it;s sickening they didn't get coop in rage 2, it would have been sooo fun

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Escobarbarian posted:

I worded this tip somewhere once like this:
Doing blue activities (finding arks, ark chests, datapads, ranger echoes, etc) until you are level 7 with Dr. Kvasir will unlock a flying vehicle. This makes getting around the map easier.

It's really is the way to go, screw ground vehicles.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
oh hey the new need for speed is out on EA Play. i'm expecting this game to suck but we'll see i guess

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

barnold posted:

oh hey the new need for speed is out on EA Play. i'm expecting this game to suck but we'll see i guess
EA Play Pro. It's a higher tier that isn't part of Game Pass. It probably won't be on EA Play Standard/Game Pass for the better part of a year.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Do they still let you do that 10 hour trial thing or whatever? Or do you have to have EA Play proper and not via Game Pass?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

The Kins posted:

EA Play Pro. It's a higher tier that isn't part of Game Pass. It probably won't be on EA Play Standard/Game Pass for the better part of a year.

i'm downloading the 10hr trial right now tho. i don't anticipate needing much more than that with this game lol. still kinda looking forward to test drive too whenever that thing comes out

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Oh, right, I forgot about the ten hour trial. I am very smart.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I was able to move my Vampire Survivors steam save to my Series X via the PC gamepass version. I'm pretty sure I just screwed myself out of all the achievements, but I'm not an achievement whore and I just want to be able to play it on my phone with all my dudes unlocked.

This makes me so happy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Spend your money

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

Spend your money

Triggered??

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

No, because you've obviously bought Christine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You do gotta open that game back up, two more achievements got added!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

elf help book posted:

No, because you've obviously bought Christine

Best girl.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Pentiment is a much longer game than I thought it would be. I thought it would end after doing the thing you're supposed to be doing, but apparently, that's just Act 1. Very nice.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Rage 2 is good fun.

It's a shame its DLC is locked behind some 'Rage Coin' bullshit that never goes on sale. I'm glad that method of selling DLC never caught on.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

i have never wanted to play a game less after the intro prologue than the new NFS game. what the gently caress lol

my only solace is seeing how many Burnout references i saw in the first 10 minutes and getting some false hope that EA/Criterion might someday release a new game in the series

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

barnold posted:

i have never wanted to play a game less after the intro prologue than the new NFS game. what the gently caress lol

my only solace is seeing how many Burnout references i saw in the first 10 minutes and getting some false hope that EA/Criterion might someday release a new game in the series

What's wrong with it?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fanatic posted:

Rage 2 is good fun.

It's a shame its DLC is locked behind some 'Rage Coin' bullshit that never goes on sale. I'm glad that method of selling DLC never caught on.
Never caught on? More like "at least it mostly died again". After all, it was the entire reason for XBL/MS points used to buy every sort of DLC for the Xbox 360. Bioware points were required to buy most DLC for every game from Dragon Age Origins to Mass Effect 3. Even today every Ubisoft game uses its own Monopoly money to buy cosmetic stuff (I think it can also buy DLC missions, but those are also sold in season passes and other packs forcreal $).

But yeah it's dumb. Side effect of Bethesda trying to establish their own launcher I think.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

orcane posted:

Never caught on? More like "at least it mostly died again". After all, it was the entire reason for XBL/MS points used to buy every sort of DLC for the Xbox 360. Bioware points were required to buy most DLC for every game from Dragon Age Origins to Mass Effect 3. Even today every Ubisoft game uses its own Monopoly money to buy cosmetic stuff (I think it can also buy DLC missions, but those are also sold in season passes and other packs forcreal $).

You're right. It's all coming back now... :cry:

The cosmetic stuff I don't care about, moreso just gameplay-extending achievement-containing DLC that has no option to buy it on the MS Store (Bridge Constructor Portal is another Game Pass game I've played that does this).

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

barnold posted:

That's because apparently a lot of the former Criterion employees worked on it, including some that hadn't worked together in years, and they're hoping that the new NFS game makes people want a new Burnout game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/criterion-has-hopes-for-a-burnout-return-but-there-are-no-immediate-plans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

barnold posted:

i'm downloading the 10hr trial right now tho. i don't anticipate needing much more than that with this game lol. still kinda looking forward to test drive too whenever that thing comes out

there's a new test drive coming? gently caress yeah, i loved unlimited 1 & 2 back in the day