Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Ups_rail posted:

If I have it right, California disney employees complained for the company to not do those donations and to denounce the bill and its supporters. Then boom desantis got his bill revoking the improvement district.

Florida Disney employees threatened a strike over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Goddamned liberal Boomers:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whenever you hear an anodyne statement like "the board replaced him over disagreements about his management decisions" or whatever you have to picture something a gently caress of a lot more dramatic than some boring meeting with some old guys pursing their lips and shaking their heads sadly at the necessity of this step.

Probably more like "you could hear the screaming across the floor from the conference room" and "chairs were thrown" type of stuff.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 30, 2022

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
OMG u guys are so mean!!! what has he EVER done to you!? leave wlon alone!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Nothing could make me madder as a certified autistic brain-haver than people trying to excuse Elon's aggressive dipshittery by saying "he can't help spewing environmental pollution from his gaping mouth-hole, he has Asperger's."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

X.com sounds more like an adult website than an internet payments system.

thats the point and and just like his firebox cars, probably wanted to own s, 3, y .coms

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Quorum posted:

Nothing could make me madder as a certified autistic brain-haver than people trying to excuse Elon's aggressive dipshittery by saying "he can't help spewing environmental pollution from his gaping mouth-hole, he has Asperger's."

Yeah, and when people told her she was in incredibly wrong about Musk, she ended with this. She made a good amount of money on Tesla stock, so in her mind he can do no wrong. A try limousine liberal.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also I dont know what optimus or dojo is.

musky doing that nerd reference poo poo again.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

AlliedBiscuit posted:

The gently caress is a dojo? Do I have one? I have a computer with Adobe premiere…is that it?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ullerrm posted:

poe's law strikes again

https://twitter.com/CPAC/status/1461154311006834690

(They got butthurt because the Big Bird account tweeted about getting a COVID shot)

graphic design is my passion

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Apparently Dojo is the new TESLA SUPERCOMPUTER CHIP with a zillion teraflops and ~mAcHiNe LeArNiNg~

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Buce posted:

graphic design is my passion

I imagine a random person who doesn't know how petty and stupid CPAC are would have no idea what message that is trying to communicate.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Data Graham posted:

This is what kills me. IBM had discovered the idiocy of paying developers by the kloc (thousand lines of code) in like the 60s. The Mythical Man-Month is from 1975. All the principles of "how to not be stupid when running a software project" have been known for over half a century.

Even Scott Adams knew all this poo poo so well he put jokes like this in ma and pa kettle's newspapers

Fuckin Elon Musk "the world came into being five minutes before I set foot in it"

I had that exact strip in mind earlier when I was reading about Elon's latest 3 am missives.

He is the Pointy-Haired Boss, except less incompetent and 100% more smug.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Omg this woman is insufferable.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Steadiman posted:

The gently caress is a dojo? Do I have one? I have a computer with Adobe premiere…is that it?

It's their machine learning cluster at Tesla, IIRC. Its not anything like the "worlds premiere computer"

The worlds premiere computers are nestled in some sort of government building simulating nuclear explosions in exhaustive detail, most likely.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Jelly posted:

I imagine a random person who doesn't know how petty and stupid CPAC are would have no idea what message that is trying to communicate.

Clearly it reads cpac florida is not invited, signed big bird, bert and ernie

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Ups_rail posted:

Of course if the district is dissolved the billions in bonds it has out will have to be taken over by someone. So I suspect disney and florida will work something out while idots do victory laps.
I'm legit wondering if this is some idiotic switcheroo where he wants to make it seem like he's "owning the libs" to his idiot base while actually turning a bunch of Disney debt into taxpayer debt so Disney'll be like "oh okay I see what you're doing, here have some more cash for re-election." Win-win for both of them and a loss for anyone with a brain.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ullerrm posted:

poe's law strikes again

(They got butthurt because the Big Bird account tweeted about getting a COVID shot)

Also not invited:

Chris Chris (likes weed)
Chris Del Chris (down with the trans)
Cayden aiden (takes Chinese money)
Mmm…Mlurp (pro abortion)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

New elong/mike pillows collab about to drop

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
While dense and intense describes the BMs I save when I'm due for an onsite town hall or workshop, it's a good way to manage a technical bullpen. Between cross pollination or cross referencing you want the walls between tech employees to be nonexistent.

It's just, it's 2022. If you weren't someone who figured out how to do this online by consulting or contracting in the 2010s, everyone figured out how to be dense and intense in chat by the time COVID rolled through.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1597760350341853184

Figures.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

What makes this extra funny to me is that Apple literally hasn’t done anything, like at all. Haven’t even said anything. Even their ads are still up.

Edit: loving lol, these are not serious people
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1597615497448943618?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA

Steadiman fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 30, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
does Fox and other Murdoch have apps, i want to be in the timeline where boomers dont even know that mobile broswers are a thing and get supa angry and obummer censorship.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I defy someone to post a picture of tucker carlson where he doesnt look like the most confused man on earth

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ullerrm posted:

poe's law strikes again

How would you explain this to an alien?

Some puppets from a children's TV show that were never going to attend in the first place were disinvited from a political convention because a social media account associated with the show they're on advised people to get vaccinated against a deadly virus that was going around, which the people running the convention didn't like because of a conspiracy theory that the virus hijacked people's DNA and look I see the way you're looking at me but I swear that's what happened. I don' get it either.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The right now hates Fred Rogers, Sesame Street, and basically anything on PBS or any public broadcasting like NPR and stuff.

Elmo and Big Bird teach you letters and numbers and being good to other people, and only the dirty liberals promote education and being a pussy.

They're loving lost. Irredeemable.

You can't come back from this.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Yeah, and when people told her she was in incredibly wrong about Musk, she ended with this. She made a good amount of money on Tesla stock, so in her mind he can do no wrong. A try limousine liberal.

These people are worse than MAGA Trumpers. I would have a better time hanging out with them ( and have)

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 30, 2022

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Omg this woman is insufferable.

“Sounds fun, say hi to Steve and Leo for me” is the only valid response here tbh

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Steadiman posted:

What makes this extra funny to me is that Apple literally hasn’t done anything, like at all. Haven’t even said anything. Even their ads are still up.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1597615497448943618?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA

Is that the trump sex doll fucker?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

loving Moron posted:

you are going to have to be WAY more specific

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This man's face is amazing. I can't stop looking at it. It's like John Cena blown up and cropped.

loving Moron posted:

It is not Forgatio Blow, no.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

loving Moron posted:

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer has opinions about things!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steadiman posted:

Limp Bizkit has really let himself go

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

When I go to the twitter website it has the US election from weeks ago in the trending section. Live updates!!

hahaha i bet that's one of those 'useless' bits of software they cut out, that sounds like some kinda distributed caching system not comparing dates or getting a new copy from another server before it sends you page info. useless!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The right now hates Fred Rogers, Sesame Street, and basically anything on PBS or any public broadcasting like NPR and stuff.

Elmo and Big Bird teach you letters and numbers and being good to other people, and only the dirty liberals promote education and being a pussy.

They're loving lost. Irredeemable.

You can't come back from this.

Fred Roger and Sesame Street were non-specific but ultimately very much about appealing to both inner city kids and minorities so yeah that's why. Humanizing "the other" is bad praxis for a certain stripe of person.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

They are so hoping for Apple to respond who doesn't seem to give a single poo poo, lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

someone spent a little too much time fuckin around in the character creation menu

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

AlliedBiscuit posted:

General Bullshit › Elon Musk: Unfortunately, he is great businessman

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
I'm still baffled at them getting to call their lovely robot Optimus. Wouldn't Hasbro have a pretty drat solid case since they own the name Optimus Prime. A character who happens to also be a robot.

These are the same guys hysterical that no Transformer ever say transform when they change shape. They say convert.
It's because them saying transform and roll out would somehow mean it's a generic verb so anyone can use it.

But Muskotron is just free to come in and call his bot Optimus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jelly posted:

This man's face is amazing. I can't stop looking at it. It's like John Cena blown up and cropped.

It is not Forgatio Blow, no.

Doll fucker's name is even dumber than that. It's Forgiato Blow, lol.