Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

He said before that the fund usually ran out by the 25th and he continued to pay people out of his own pocket, yes

This seems p realistic from the numbers in the other thread. There's really only two angles of attack against this fund.

1. The money isn't being given to people who ask.
2. There's leftover money OP just pockets at the end of each month.

1 was already shown to be wrong in the long qcs thread, I think for all the effort searching only 1 example of a person was ever produced of a person being stiffed, and it was reasonably chalked up to human error.
2 is looking like it has p much no standing if you believe the numbers in the new project.

There's sort of a 3 here in that "transparency is good" which I don't think anyone would really disagree with, but it's also asking for extra free labor from a person already doing good things and the only reason you need extra transparency is if 1 or 2 were a valid concern, which they do not appear to be at this point.

I guess we'll see how it shakes out, but I would also say it'd only take a handful of minutes to fake an anonymous spreadsheet for a month so that never seemed like it was ever going to satisfy anyone whether or not he produced such a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

All of that is true and valid but also people did step up to make a more transparent goon fund and appear to be making good on their word and also delivering funds more quickly. That's an unambiguous good thing. Personally I had hoped Plinkey might see the value in a little more bookkeeping and do it voluntarily because it's a good idea rather than out of external pressure or not at all but I guess not. Ultimately the new one will probably supplant the old one if if doesn't burn out because it better meets the needs of the community, and that's what matters.

Frankly the Plinkster seems very burnt out after three years of doing this so maybe he will relish the opportunity to hand it off. Maybe that's even why he's done nothing.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
2 assumes that the donations and requests remains consistent without taking into account the effect that transparency/a committee/advice from the uk thread/ being run by an organizer might have on peoples desire to donate (for better or for worse) or their faith in having their requests taken seriously. there was a demonstration of 1 this month, like, a few pages ago. by the person who requested and was ignored for weeks, seemingly bc they were determined to be a troll

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i think regardless of whether he has "burn out" or (literally any other excuse tbh), it pales in comparison to the fact that he was perfectly content to let people's posts begging for financial help pile up with nothing but radio silence in return. i want to make it clear that despite my nasty little evil behavior, the driving force of my (and only my) actions is sheer disgust at the mere concept of stealing from a charity. it is one of the lowest forms of behavior! and the refusal to react appropriately to these accusations and instead taking it out on the people you're ostensibly supposed to be helping is beyond the bounds of socially acceptable malding. i am thrilled that the new charity is taking off and has the numbers to show for it. i am less excited that the wheels completely came off this one while people were depending on it for no reason other than pettiness.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Some of the requests paid out of the new fund have been large as well, multiple hundreds of dollars, an amount Plinkey has publicly stated in the past is too much and outside the purview of his fund.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fun hater posted:

i think regardless of whether he has "burn out" or (literally any other excuse tbh), it pales in comparison to the fact that he was perfectly content to let people's posts begging for financial help pile up with nothing but radio silence in return. i want to make it clear that despite my nasty little evil behavior, the driving force of my (and only my) actions is sheer disgust at the mere concept of stealing from a charity. it is one of the lowest forms of behavior! and the refusal to react appropriately to these accusations and instead taking it out on the people you're ostensibly supposed to be helping is beyond the bounds of socially acceptable malding. i am thrilled that the new charity is taking off and has the numbers to show for it. i am less excited that the wheels completely came off this one while people were depending on it for no reason other than pettiness.

what are you talking about? the wheels didn't come off despite ur efforts so don't worry

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

fun hater posted:

It came up in the qcs thread, so I wanted to reply somewhere public. The reason I probed you for so long (a week is super long) was that the IK, myself, and Az had asked you and some others specifically lay off the thread while we were still waiting for Plinkey to get back.

Your post really helps explain where you were coming from, and I appreciate you explaining it. I don't think the fund is totally defunct because plinkey got mad, but I also don't know anything at all. I don't think more posts poking fun or jabbing at Plinkey will help anyone, but I'm also not the boss of what people can or cannot say here.

If you're just driving by to poke fun or stir poo poo (like a couple of other people), I just want to say that there are still people needing help and apparently being served, and please don't. It doesn't seem like that's what you're doing, but I want to give a general heads up to other people too.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

CODChimera posted:

what are you talking about? the wheels didn't come off despite ur efforts so don't worry

it's going to be hard to argue that a charity hasnt lost the plot when whether or your request is fulfilled and how fast it is fulfilled is based on the mood of the money-holder and how much they like you

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

fun hater posted:

it's going to be hard to argue that a charity hasnt lost the plot when whether or your request is fulfilled and how fast it is fulfilled is based on the mood of the money-holder and how much they like you
You have zero evidence that it's based on "the mood of the money-holder and how much they like you". That is entirely speculation.

You got what you wanted. Stop pissing on the grave.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

It came up in the qcs thread, so I wanted to reply somewhere public. The reason I probed you for so long (a week is super long) was that the IK, myself, and Az had asked you and some others specifically lay off the thread while we were still waiting for Plinkey to get back.

Your post really helps explain where you were coming from, and I appreciate you explaining it. I don't think the fund is totally defunct because plinkey got mad, but I also don't know anything at all. I don't think more posts poking fun or jabbing at Plinkey will help anyone, but I'm also not the boss of what people can or cannot say here.

If you're just driving by to poke fun or stir poo poo (like a couple of other people), I just want to say that there are still people needing help and apparently being served, and please don't. It doesn't seem like that's what you're doing, but I want to give a general heads up to other people too.

lol my other posts were completely normal especially when compared to the total psychos that were/have been permitted to try to troll the new fund out of brainless distrust of "the other"; in this case they've just latched onto ultra specific forums beef. you and azathoth are frankly morons who inexplicably gifted him another month of income with no scrutiny in spite of a mountain of evidence that, at the very least, indicates he is incapable of having the temperament or desire to run something that affects peoples lives seriously. having stewardship over a group of people posting about how they don't care if they're being scammed should be a point of personal shame.

vortmax posted:

You have zero evidence

one of my repeated statements in this very thread is that generating the evidence would be trivial because you can do it on the patreon back end. when i point this out the response changes to "he doesn't OWE you that information", which leaves me to draw conclusions from his behavior and post history, as well as his cavalier attitude toward the 20% fee and incoming tax problems. i'm not sure how else to explain to you why we're stuck in this conversation loop.
the only person responsible for this fund's scrutiny is the person who refused to even assign a second person in case he is unable to distribute funds, for no discernible reason.

vortmax posted:

You got what you wanted. Stop pissing on the grave.

lol i am legitimately happy that there's a real fund now that no longer gets robbed by a middle man, you are right. your attitude toward it was repulsive, by the way. i do not understand why your intent appears to be to mock it and try to delegitimatize it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fun hater posted:

lol my other posts were completely normal especially when compared to the total psychos that were/have been permitted to try to troll the new fund out of brainless distrust of "the other"; in this case they've just latched onto ultra specific forums beef. you and azathoth are frankly morons who inexplicably gifted him another month of income with no scrutiny in spite of a mountain of evidence that, at the very least, indicates he is incapable of having the temperament or desire to run something that affects peoples lives seriously. having stewardship over a group of people posting about how they don't care if they're being scammed should be a point of personal shame.

one of my repeated statements in this very thread is that generating the evidence would be trivial because you can do it on the patreon back end. when i point this out the response changes to "he doesn't OWE you that information", which leaves me to draw conclusions from his behavior and post history, as well as his cavalier attitude toward the 20% fee and incoming tax problems. i'm not sure how else to explain to you why we're stuck in this conversation loop.
the only person responsible for this fund's scrutiny is the person who refused to even assign a second person in case he is unable to distribute funds, for no discernible reason.

lol i am legitimately happy that there's a real fund now that no longer gets robbed by a middle man, you are right. your attitude toward it was repulsive, by the way. i do not understand why your intent appears to be to mock it and try to delegitimatize it.

yeah completely normal posting going on here

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
you have been and continue to be weird about this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the comic guy is hella pissed that plinkey is making mad money at the craps table

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fun hater posted:

This is not a charity. Also stop posting here

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

fun hater posted:

you and azathoth are frankly morons who inexplicably gifted him another month of income

you realize azathoth and nhd don’t mod patreon right

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is not a charity.

?????

Wheeee posted:

you realize azathoth and nhd don’t mod patreon right

im talking about the interference they ran when confronted with criticism lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What exactly do you not understand about that statement? Plinkey's fund is not and has never been a charity.

Also stop posting here

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

fun hater posted:

?????

Okay, so this is not the "litigate plinkey" thread. This is the "ask for help" thread. Lots of people have asked you to stop posting here about plinkey or whatever. They're not asking you because they like plinkey, they're asking you because this is not the thread for continuing carry this torch.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

fun hater posted:

again, they can’t control the fund even if they wanted to

if jeffrey came down from the admin forums and put this thread to the sword it wouldn’t do anything, most of the revenue going into the fund is likely recurrent payments set up long ago, and the people who support it with intent aren’t going to change their minds just because some forums mod told them to

only thing that’s going to matter is what plinkey does, and he’s been on probation the past few days

whether plinkey is skimming or not his fund has helped a bunch of people, it’s not hard to figure out why mods have been hesitant to just shut the thread down

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

for anyone reading this thread who needs help and cannot wait, the link below is to a new thread with a new fund being set up, and donors within have already coordinated with the fund leaders and have been rapidly sending out funds to people in need, please reach out there

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910&perpage=40&noseen=1

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

To be clear (stop posting here) and lay everything out for you (you should stop posting here) Plinkey's fund first began as him buying food for cspam goons (leave the thread). He would give them money or (don't come back) just straight up buy it for them and have it sent to their address (you are not welcome in this thread). He did this because he didn't want any goon (no one wants you here) to starve and did it entirely out of his own pocket.

That is why the fund was intended for small expenses; it was supposed to (you are embarrassing yourself fun hater) buy pizza for people, not pay their rent, out of the pocket of one (just go away and stop reading or posting about this) person who was not particularly well off, within his means to help people.

Plinkey never (stop posting here) wanted or intended for this to be a charity or a huge fund, he merely (do not post here anymore) took money offered by people who saw what he was doing and were inspired by it (go away) and passed it on to the people he was helping. Over time the mutual aid effort grew in size and scope (get out) and he tried to maintain its sustainability despite never signing up for any of this, just wanting to buy food for people (go back to drawing your comic) because many goons had grown to depend on it (stop posting here) and he presumably didn't want to abandon them.

That's where you (stop posting here) and the other PYF drama crew members (stop posting here) come in to dig up old concerns about transparency (leave the thread) and put him on blast (stop posting here) as a degenerate gambler, liar, and thief robbing the poor people of CSPAM (stop posting here). Which has obviously and frankly justifiably tanked his willingness to continue coming back to this thing where he is constantly slandered and mocked for having helped people and continuing to do so.

In short, stop posting here, this is not a charity, stop posting here, and it never was one, stop posting here, or intended to be one, stop posting here, and Plinkey very obviously did not set out to scam anyone, stop posting here, despite getting in over his head, stop posting here, and struggling to stay motivated, stop posting here, in continuing to do this very depressing and thankless work. Stop posting here, fun hater.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's also the second time all this bullshit about Plinkey supposedly gambling away the fund has sprung up and derailed everything, I'd be pretty sick of this poo poo too, it's all reheated drama for illiterate fuckheads. And if there's anything Plinkey knows it's when to hold them, and when to fold them, when to walk away,

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the fact that some people just cant take the unambiguous W of the other fund being completely built and nearly registered as a charity or whatever in like two weeks and already handing out over a thousand dollars to people in need is lmao. the people who stepped up to do that without ever posting here or there about plinkey are the real heroes of the situation because its clear their goals were replacing this weird ramshackle system based on one guy's whims with a transparent functional one that has an easier and better time helping people and not "everyone who was wrong must admit they were wrong and apologize to me personally" which is what it seems like some posters want

thats just never a healthy goal to have online

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

To be clear (stop posting here) and lay everything out for you (you should stop posting here) Plinkey's fund first began as him buying food for cspam goons (leave the thread). He would give them money or (don't come back) just straight up buy it for them and have it sent to their address (you are not welcome in this thread). He did this because he didn't want any goon (no one wants you here) to starve and did it entirely out of his own pocket.

That is why the fund was intended for small expenses; it was supposed to (you are embarrassing yourself fun hater) buy pizza for people, not pay their rent, out of the pocket of one (just go away and stop reading or posting about this) person who was not particularly well off, within his means to help people.

Plinkey never (stop posting here) wanted or intended for this to be a charity or a huge fund, he merely (do not post here anymore) took money offered by people who saw what he was doing and were inspired by it (go away) and passed it on to the people he was helping. Over time the mutual aid effort grew in size and scope (get out) and he tried to maintain its sustainability despite never signing up for any of this, just wanting to buy food for people (go back to drawing your comic) because many goons had grown to depend on it (stop posting here) and he presumably didn't want to abandon them.

That's where you (stop posting here) and the other PYF drama crew members (stop posting here) come in to dig up old concerns about transparency (leave the thread) and put him on blast (stop posting here) as a degenerate gambler, liar, and thief robbing the poor people of CSPAM (stop posting here). Which has obviously and frankly justifiably tanked his willingness to continue coming back to this thing where he is constantly slandered and mocked for having helped people and continuing to do so.

In short, stop posting here, this is not a charity, stop posting here, and it never was one, stop posting here, or intended to be one, stop posting here, and Plinkey very obviously did not set out to scam anyone, stop posting here, despite getting in over his head, stop posting here, and struggling to stay motivated, stop posting here, in continuing to do this very depressing and thankless work. Stop posting here, fun hater.

lol

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

hi i mostly lurk and not part of any perceived "crew" and i just wanted to let you know this is one of the most insane and pathetic internet posts ive ever seen in my entire life to the point where i feel compelled to let you know out of sheer concern. thank you

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cup Runneth Over posted:

wtf

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

typhy posted:

hi i mostly lurk and not part of any perceived "crew" and i just wanted to let you know this is one of the most insane and pathetic internet posts ive ever seen in my entire life to the point where i feel compelled to let you know out of sheer concern. thank you

be careful, that's how it starts

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Post in the Trump thread, apparently he's active there

pentyne posted:

Yeah or post in the turmp thread, seems that's where you can find this thread's regulars.

lmao

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
As someone who has been saved from being over drafted due to bills twice thanks to this fund and only now found the drama going on: fun hater sucks and so do the rest of y’all.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's funny Plinkey didn't seem that burnt out when he was desperately trying to stop the new fund getting off the ground, he seemed quite invested in managing the unaudited, private fund he had sole control over then.

Ah well, just one of life's little mysteries

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

typhy posted:

No it isn't dude don't lie

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

No Dignity posted:

It's funny Plinkey didn't seem that burnt out when he was desperately trying to stop the new fund getting off the ground, he seemed quite invested in managing the unaudited, private fund he had sole control over then.

Ah well, just one of life's little mysteries

Didn't happen

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

daddy needs his online poker money

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad about the new fund. Anyone looking for help, that thread is the place to go. Should probably gas this one to avoid any confusion, since these request are often time sensitive and the new thread seems far more responsive at this point.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

I'm glad about the new fund. Anyone looking for help, that thread is the place to go. Should probably gas this one to avoid any confusion, since these request are often time sensitive and the new thread seems far more responsive at this point.

at the very least this thread should probably be closed because it's just going to be a battleground for slapfights from here on out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

at the very least this thread should probably be closed because it's just going to be a battleground for slapfights from here on out

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
You can eat the poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat and then stop posting :frogout:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'd like to point out that Plinkey said he'd have a spreadsheet by the next month; he's probed past that deadline for shitposting in the new goonbux thread, so I think it would be productive to wait for his probe to run out before setting fire to the thread, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

vortmax posted:

You can eat the poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat and then stop posting :frogout:

noted