Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BoldFace posted:

I kinda wish they would have buffed some of the weaker cards instead of just doing nerfs.

Also nerfs that really won't do much, I don't think 1 power is making the difference in many Destroyer and Sera wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh, so the token store also sells variants of cards you already own. I don't really need to see Namor in rotation.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think it just sells the rare variants that can't be randomly opened and could previously only be purchased for 1200 gold from the shop. Cynically it's just a way to further gum up the collector token system, charitably it's a way for players to get them without spending money, and realistically it's probably somewhere in between the two.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Buying Series 4/5 cards in the shop makes sense, yeah?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What're some good Taskmaster decks? I just pulled him. Tried building a Devil Dinosaur deck with him in it, but I'm getting beat by opponents who just manage to draw better than I am.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Taskmaster and Deadpool seem designed to be dropped together on turn 6.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Piggy Smalls posted:

Weird deck I played. Player didn’t do anything for 4 turns. 5th played Black Panther then Arnim Zola which made the 8 power Black Panther move to the two other locations at 18. Not sure how that happened.

I just ran into this. Gonna hold off on playing outside of dailies because Pool 3 cards in Pool 2 suck rear end to play against and can't really be planned around rip

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Studio posted:

I just ran into this. Gonna hold off on playing outside of dailies because Pool 3 cards in Pool 2 suck rear end to play against and can't really be planned around rip

So if I'm understanding correctly you need to get 17 power in one location and then at least 1 power in another location to beat this deck? It doesn't sound very good lol

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

goferchan posted:

So if I'm understanding correctly you need to get 17 power in one location and then at least 1 power in another location to beat this deck? It doesn't sound very good lol

Bit more than that, since they played cards in their other lanes, and had one empty lane for the combo. So, 16 + whatever they had in their other lanes. I also don't like trying to play play around pool 3 strategies when I literally do not have access to any of them lol (heck, I don't even have Shang Chi and Sunspot. I'm still missing Pool 2 strats!!). I did just get Hobgoblin, but hadn't put it into a deck yet, so this is good impetus.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just had someone beat me with a Galactus that was in their deck. It went: t3 Wave, t4 Galactus on empty location, t5 Gamora, t6 Drax + some 2 energy card.

I had Shang Chi and would have won but the location they chose was the new throne room. Gamora died from Shang Chi but then Drax (who had already been played) got the double power boost to jump to 16 didn’t get killed by Shang Chi

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

Or just have Cosmo/Prof X, since it sound very telegraphed

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Any news on a fix for the Reserve/Cache bugs?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Oh neat, it looks like a lot of the variants now tell you which artist drew them now.

Anyway, I've got Luke in the shop and his ability seems... not that great? Are there a bunch of Series 4 cards that reduce power or is this just for people who really hate Spider-Woman?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Studio posted:

Bit more than that, since they played cards in their other lanes, and had one empty lane for the combo. So, 16 + whatever they had in their other lanes. I also don't like trying to play play around pool 3 strategies when I literally do not have access to any of them lol (heck, I don't even have Shang Chi and Sunspot. I'm still missing Pool 2 strats!!). I did just get Hobgoblin, but hadn't put it into a deck yet, so this is good impetus.

You can also use boosters to increase Black Oanther which then gets multiplied. So if you get +2 from Okoye and +2 from Forge then he’ll start on 8, double to 16, then when Arnim splits him the copies will be played and double again to 32.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Opopanax posted:

Or just have Cosmo/Prof X, since it sound very telegraphed

There’s no reason you have to play nothing for the first 4 turns, you just need to leave a lane open to ensure BP gets hit (or do Wong -> BP for double strength extra copying shenanigans). Black Panther drops on t5 in the empty lane which is your first clear signal about what’s going down unless you’ve got cards which give you info on the opponent’s deck.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

1000 collector coin bits for Arnim Zola seemed a fair exchange.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I spent 1000 tokens on Patriot.

Now I just need Swarm, Doom, and/or Ultron. :negative:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ninurta posted:

1000 collector coin bits for Arnim Zola seemed a fair exchange.

Nice.
Black Cat is the only thing showing up for me so far, and she doesn't strike me as a good investment since I'm still many cards short of a deck that could really use her.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

For some reason I haven't unlocked the Token Shop? I'm Collection level 1000-something and I've rebooted the game, my phone, etc. Anyone encounter this?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Did you download the update? The app stores can take a bit to propagate

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

For some reason I haven't unlocked the Token Shop? I'm Collection level 1000-something and I've rebooted the game, my phone, etc. Anyone encounter this?

You need to update your game from the app store.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cartridgeblowers posted:

update the game

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

team overhead smash posted:

There’s no reason you have to play nothing for the first 4 turns, you just need to leave a lane open to ensure BP gets hit (or do Wong -> BP for double strength extra copying shenanigans). Black Panther drops on t5 in the empty lane which is your first clear signal about what’s going down unless you’ve got cards which give you info on the opponent’s deck.

I’ve got a bog standard deck with cheap stuff like Bucky, nova and venom in it… and Arnim/Panther. I try to build a monster Venom in one lane, luring people into countering. If it happens, I might hit him with Arnim. If it doesn’t, t5/t6 goes to A/P in an empty lane and the failed venom components plus BP becomes a 20 point lane.

No reason to sit idle for 4 turns, jeez. At least put a sunspot out there!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Scoss posted:

Is it possible with 3000 credits banked atm to get from level 836 to 1000 to take advantage of the token reward from the update, or should I not bother? It looks like I need to earn about 5000 more credits but I don't have a clear idea of the income rate.

If anyone was curious I was able to get 1000, didn't spend money.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Hobgoblin wins at the start of turn 2.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

goferchan posted:

I think it just sells the rare variants that can't be randomly opened and could previously only be purchased for 1200 gold from the shop. Cynically it's just a way to further gum up the collector token system, charitably it's a way for players to get them without spending money, and realistically it's probably somewhere in between the two.

wasn't one of their selling points for this whole thing that, if you had a bunch of cards, you were likely to see the one you were looking for fairly soon because the pool of cards it can randomly choose from is smaller? if it just throws all the variants in, that doesn't really help. Glad I'm learning this because I'm happy to have locked in a Pool 5 card and just wait 'til whenever I get ... 3000 more tokens.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Studio posted:

Did you download the update? The app stores can take a bit to propagate

My game wasn’t updating (iOS) at first either. I had to go into the App Store and then manually refresh my “updated recently” section by dragging down after clicking on my head. Apparently my phone decided it didn’t want to update anything over the past two days!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Had Valkyrie in my shop immediately after the update. Easy come, easy go, tokens.

And then opened Luke Cage on my first cache.

Been having a lot of fun with a toxic deck now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Any news on a fix for the Reserve/Cache bugs?

They're collecting IDs from affected players on the official Discord.

https://discord.com/channels/978545345715908668/1047291786990731324

Seems very likely that there will be compensation.

Shop report: my first two shop cards were Antivac Panther and Valkyrie. Thanks for the 12k tokens, it was nice knowing them.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

No Wave posted:

quote:

Bug fix:

The Location, TVA, now doubles the Cube count properly on the final turn (i.e. Turn 4)

Who asked for this!?!?!?!?

Please let it double again at turn 6 if TVA transforms on turn 4. :heysexy:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jedit posted:

They're collecting IDs from affected players on the official Discord.

https://discord.com/channels/978545345715908668/1047291786990731324

Seems very likely that there will be compensation.

Shop report: my first two shop cards were Antivac Panther and Valkyrie. Thanks for the 12k tokens, it was nice knowing them.

Is there more than one card on the token shop? Or did it cycle because you bought one?

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

the_steve posted:

Is there more than one card on the token shop? Or did it cycle because you bought one?

There is a timer. So you can log to a shop with a card with 1 minute left, and see another one very soon after that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am only at collector level 226 after a week or so of playing (I am not focusing on my rank because that is so wildly up and down) and I seriously dig this as a nice way to pass the occasional four minutes.

I have taken screenshots of some of my wildest matches and just now had a match where my opponent did nothing every single turn. They did not let the timer run out either, they were clicking end turn at differing moments. It was very strange.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

WarEternal posted:

wasn't one of their selling points for this whole thing that, if you had a bunch of cards, you were likely to see the one you were looking for fairly soon because the pool of cards it can randomly choose from is smaller? if it just throws all the variants in, that doesn't really help. Glad I'm learning this because I'm happy to have locked in a Pool 5 card and just wait 'til whenever I get ... 3000 more tokens.

The only variants in the token shop are Ultimate variants exclusive to the shop, costing 5000 each. Currently there’s a Namor and a Ghost Rider variant in there, that’s all.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

VideoGames posted:

I have taken screenshots of some of my wildest matches and just now had a match where my opponent did nothing every single turn. They did not let the timer run out either, they were clicking end turn at differing moments. It was very strange.

Perhaps they wanted to downrank for easier matches and/or get boosters for common cards? Though it was a lot of the fun for me was trying to get wins with all gray border cards just thrown together in a deck.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Scrap Dragon posted:

Oh neat, it looks like a lot of the variants now tell you which artist drew them now.

Anyway, I've got Luke in the shop and his ability seems... not that great? Are there a bunch of Series 4 cards that reduce power or is this just for people who really hate Spider-Woman?

It's for you to wong, hazmat, Odin, and win

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nybble posted:

Perhaps they wanted to downrank for easier matches and/or get boosters for common cards? Though it was a lot of the fun for me was trying to get wins with all gray border cards just thrown together in a deck.

Is that how you do it? I admit I have read every post since I first started reading the thread and a lot of what you guys say goes over my head right now (especially things like specific decks) so I do not know the tips and tricks.

(I am pretty sure my deck is probably a wonky one that no one would ever play as well but it has served me well for my clueless style :))

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Holy hell is Aero a fun card. Just won a match by pulling the opponent's Patriot and Mystique into the location that disables Ongoing effects. Wasn't even trying to disable them, I was just trying to keep cards out of the other two lanes, and would have still lost if it wasn't that specific location because they would have buffed their cards regardless.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Scrap Dragon posted:

Running Luke, Hazmat, and Typhoid Mary can let you get up to some stuff. I'm doing that along with Blue Marvel and Debrii and have pulled off some bullshit; drop Typhoid Mary anywhere when Monster Island spawns to dodge and use up the Shang-Chi. Use Debrii + Hazmat to throw -1 Rocks onto Sanctum Santorum or an Iron Man square. It could definitely use some more power-downs for perfect synergy and the deck I'm using doesn't feel complete by a long shot as I continue to tweak it, but people aren't expecting a lot of the stuff you can do with it at the moment. Having most of your board dinged down only to drop Blue Marvel and Luke back to back can be a surprising board-wide power swing.

Importantly, Luke works exactly like Colossus; your cards can't have their power reduced from any source. Lizard now has no downside. Scorpion does nothing to your deck. Any of the negative zone / sewer locations are free bingo. He's much better than he seems on paper, but he does still feel like ne needs a bit more support to be more than niche. Luckily it's a very fun niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Ah I see I've reached the part where everyone is playing sera miracle

Great time to get the win with a snap quest