Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
When I got my daughter Minecraft last year the website and downloadable app loader just stalled forever and nothing would load. I didn't even know Microsoft had an app store let alone that the store itself needed to be opened and updated manually to fix dependencies that other programs and sites need to function properly. I was impressed how awful the whole experience was from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
As long as JA is still doing smack and Trent Reznor is pissing off Elon Musk, I guess I'm ok with Billy Corgan being a loving weirdo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Fools Infinite posted:

When I got my daughter Minecraft last year the website and downloadable app loader just stalled forever and nothing would load. I didn't even know Microsoft had an app store let alone that the store itself needed to be opened and updated manually to fix dependencies that other programs and sites need to function properly. I was impressed how awful the whole experience was from start to finish.

the PC xbox app is quite possibly the worst thing in existence

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm kinda glad we dont live in a timeline where Kurt Cobain is tweeting his pro-TERF takes.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

kurt cobain would be trans if he were alive today.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kurt Cobain has been dead for a long time

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This is going down a weird rabbit hole

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

kurt cobain would be trent if he were alive today.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
He would be a nobody, and he would have killed himself in 2008 with limited fanfare.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

whens the first interest payment due?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elon musk: opening up new doors for new theories on post death kurt cobains gender fluidity

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Durzel posted:

As far as I know Spotify, Netflix et al provide in app links for people to sign up for subscriptions via their respective websites, to bypass this 30% fee. Apple seems to be ok with them and other big hitters doing this, and I presume would be with Twitter as well.

Did not know that, that's neat. Do the links take you out of the app to a webpage? That might be the loophole. Regardless, I guess that means Twitter could do that too if they were clever about it. But maybe Elon already fired the people clever enough to loophole the Apple TOS. Or he just really wants to attack Apple because he likes to make himself out as an underdog in the fight against Big Tech. I wonder if the current Musk fan boys would've been Jobs fanboys when he was still alive, I can only assume so because there's a lot of overlap there

Steadiman fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 30, 2022

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Elon isn't going anywhere. Hes got 10 more years before he "drowns" off a yacht near São Tomé and Príncipe

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1597760532982931458?s=20&t=i4Nt8M1BF0Ob3bVcfLmexQ

I used to want a Tesla years ago, but now I wouldn't be caught dead driving one. Not to mention all the quality control issues I've since read about.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

heavy liquid posted:

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1597760532982931458?s=20&t=i4Nt8M1BF0Ob3bVcfLmexQ

I used to want a Tesla years ago, but now I wouldn't be caught dead driving one. Not to mention all the quality control issues I've since read about.

Ya at this point their value is licensing all their tech to actual car companies to utilize in competently made vehicles.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hear good things about the Kia EVs. Or Hyundai.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kazil posted:

the PC xbox app is quite possibly the worst thing in existence

I only started using it las year but it's pretty good overall I only use it for gamepass games because that's a good deal. My only issue is if the computer goes to sleep you have to restart it for the performance tools to work again. Everything screams that the user doesn't have permission to use performance tools. Which is bullshit it's admin even ran the drat program as admin.

I'll buy that it had a rough start it had a bad rep but hey I had a free trial and wanted to play the games and stuck around.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
What is the gain of Kanye and Elon doing this.

Outside of the HAHA

If its not them benefiting , who is.

And how and why.

Even if they are just unhinged and out of control, theres someone who doesn't need to (most important i think), or has or is going to grab that firehose.

CumBlast Radius Jr fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 30, 2022

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

heavy liquid posted:

If it was a quality car, I'd still drive one, because the CEO of every company ever is a right wing dip poo poo, so what can you do. The issue is that Teslas are garbage tier death traps, and intentionally designed to be.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MikeJF posted:

I've driven 2 Elantras and a Veloster for a while and I've always been impressed with Hyundais and the Kias people I know have owned, and I've heard good stuff about their EVs. One of the Hyundai Auto Group manufacturers was probably gonna be my first pick to check out when we finally bite the bullet on an EV anyway.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

Kurt Cobain has been dead for a long time

Sure I get what you're saying, the only way to get an answer to this only internet argument is if we engage in some good old fashion necromancy using the dark arts. And yeah sure, I second that.

Good suggestion.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

What is the gain of Kanye and Elon doing this.

DOn't overthink it, they are simply insufferable attention whores

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Edit: wrong thread

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

MikeJF posted:

The Kia Niro is great. I work at an EV-adjacent startup and we've got a few around, they're the car I'd buy if I were in the market for a new car today.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dr_rat posted:

Sure I get what you're saying, the only way to get an answer to this only internet argument is if we engage in some good old fashion necromancy using the dark arts. And yeah sure, I second that.

Good suggestion.

:tipshat:

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Withnail posted:

DOn't overthink it, they are simply insufferable attention whores

But theres so so many people this is bad for.

No, its important to think someone has also thought no...let this run its course.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

heavy liquid posted:

Yup, I drove one of the originals a couple time, loved the car (never used the autopilot because I didn't trust it even then), but yeah there's no way I'd touch a Tesla at all now.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

davecrazy posted:

I'm kinda glad we dont live in a timeline where Kurt Cobain is tweeting his pro-TERF takes.

John lennon would have said something horrendous if he lived long enough,he said poo poo in support of the i.r.a,god knows what bollocks he would have come out with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is going down a weird rabbit hole

People just need time to process the whole Billy Corgan owning a wresting company thing.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Doctor Butts posted:

That's Billy Corben.

In my defense I hadn't had my coffee and was channeling my inner Stugotz

heavy liquid posted:

Yeah usually the ones caught dead in a Tesla are in the back seat anyway

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

John lennon would have said something horrendous if he lived long enough,he said poo poo in support of the i.r.a,god knows what bollocks he would have come out with.

"Oi, Ello, I like ISIS, pardon me." - John Lennon

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

People just need time to process the whole Billy Corgan owning a wresting company thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW91niMh-so

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

This was the "sponsored" tweet (ad) in my timeline, things are going well!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

"Oi, Ello, I like ISIS, pardon me." - John Lennon
He would definitely be called cringe at this point no matter what he said

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

kw0134 posted:

This was the "sponsored" tweet (ad) in my timeline, things are going well!

TIWTTER IS A LIVE!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Fools Infinite posted:

My son asked me to install a mod for him, and the amount of shady rear end websites, suspect .jar files, and general difficulties has convinced me that it is a real lovely loving game

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

heavy liquid posted:

Yeah, Teslas don't seem to be very competitive around here anymore. All the major manufacturers have caught up now and have much better offers in the mid and luxury price segments. The only thing Tesla still has going for it is its image, the charging network and availability. They really need to do something if they want to continue with this growth rate.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Klyith posted:

Apple isn't ok with it but they don't have the weight to force it. Before Musk, twitter would have been one of the apps that I'd say were big enough to get away with ducking the apple tax. If twitter blue had ever mattered to twitter they could have done that. They didn't bother because

Now though? LMAO. Apple can push them around a lot more. There's been so much bad news about twitter, if they get dropped from the app store it'll be understood that twitter is a mess.

netflix is part of FAANG and does some magical poo poo to make sure a lovely phone in a semidead zone can get HD 0s and 1s. with barely any shuttering. Spotify and other major music apps all do great 0s and1 stuff.

given how bird was never part of FAANG before and its currently occasional chugging just to show mostly text posts. lol

also reminder that musky probably begged the polytop game devs to put their game on Teslas because he was probably addicted to it at the time and that the cars bald the tires because you need to turn the steering wheel to move through menus.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

GABA ghoul posted:

Yeah, Teslas don't seem to be very competitive around here anymore. All the major manufacturers have caught up now and have much better offers in the mid and luxury price segments. The only thing Tesla still has going for it is its image, the charging network and availability. They really need to do something if they want to continue with this growth rate.

buy twitter problem solved, DUH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

heavy liquid posted:

Same. I used to want a Tesla. Now I want an electric pickup. Granted that has a lot to do with how much poo poo I'm carrying around in/on my car all the time lately since I'm redoing my house. But still why bother with the overpriced, overhyped car that comes with loving car DLC when I could just get a relatively normal pickup that's theoretically just way better at towing.