Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Squiggly posted:

It's for you to wong, hazmat, Odin, and win

Throw a Mystique in there too and really watch number go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daredevil showed up in the collection store and I slam bought him, no regrets.

What a hosed up, depraved card. I'm running him in a deck with Hobgoblin, Professor X, and Aero and doing the most filthy T5 plays. I love Daredevil.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tender Bender posted:

Daredevil showed up in the collection store and I slam bought him, no regrets.

What a hosed up, depraved card. I'm running him in a deck with Hobgoblin, Professor X, and Aero and doing the most filthy T5 plays. I love Daredevil.

Honestly he seems like one of the more broken cards

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

One of these days, I will learn that creating a new deck doesn't automatically select it when hitting Play.

Today is not that day.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I was looking forward to playing on PC now that they've added signing in with Apple (as I started on my phone , but it seems to be broken. I get a weird error saying 'cannot verify your Apple ID'. Anyone else have any joy?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Honestly he seems like one of the more broken cards

He's amazing. I just won a match by playing three 1/0 Rocks (from Subterranea) to block an opponent's Hobgoblin. I'm fully Murdockpilled. I'm entering my Man Without Fear era.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
So has the reward bug fixed? I don't see the warning/notification on the tips scroll anymore.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daredevil update: Saw he was playing Carnage on T5. I played Aero, so instead of eating Bucky and Hood, Carnage got pulled to the left and ate his Demon instead. :v:

ManMythLegend posted:

So has the reward bug fixed? I don't see the warning/notification on the tips scroll anymore.

I don't think so, I just saw the message again.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok yea I need to wrap my head around this being a “fun” not competitive game. If the matchmaking isn’t loving you the locations absolutely do.

Also I just had what I have to assume was a bot play a Shang chi on empty lane revealing second after I play jubilee there lol

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah, no updates on twitter that I can see and people reporting error codes 2h ago.

I haven’t opened anything, but can still collect credits way over 5k? (I am up to 5375)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

869 and managed to avoid the update. Trying to figure out my best path to 1000. Sitting on about 2k gold. Should I be maxing my mission refreshes and see how far I can go?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Toozler posted:

Yeah, no updates on twitter that I can see and people reporting error codes 2h ago.

I haven’t opened anything, but can still collect credits way over 5k? (I am up to 5375)

the silly-rear end bundle they dropped gives more than 5k credits so they upped the limit

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

the_american_dream posted:

Ok yea I need to wrap my head around this being a “fun” not competitive game. If the matchmaking isn’t loving you the locations absolutely do.

Also I just had what I have to assume was a bot play a Shang chi on empty lane revealing second after I play jubilee there lol

Decks that are able to handle a variety of locations are generally better than decks that can't, it's just part of the game. So most decks incorporate either some way to reach otherwise inaccessible locations, or a way to straight out change locations that aren't good for them. Or both.

And if those cards have some kind of natural synergy with the rest of your deck, all the better.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm stuck in the doldrums between pools again. Everyone I go against has armin zola or daredevil or aero or wave or magneto or any myriad of gently caress me up cards that I don't have and I've been on a nasty cube slide. I'm down 5 cube levels from this weekend.

Also I'm trying to run a discard deck but every time there's a a chance, no matter how small, rng absolutely fucks me. "Ok, so I played a hell cow and all i have in my hand are 4 swarms, apoc and hela... and there goes the hela...."

My discard deck is as follows:
1 - Blade
2 - Morbius
2 - Swarm
2 - Wolverine
3 - Moon Knight
3 - Lady Sif
3 - Swordmaster
4 - Dracula
4 - Hell Cow
6 - Hela
6 - Apocalypse
9 - Death

I'm absolutely open to suggestions on making this better/more consistent, I feel like I'm splitting focus and creating too many "lose" conditions while having only a couple win conditions. Like I can win huge if I can get to turn 4 without taking out Dracula and get apoc powered to a nice healthy level. I can win huge if I slashed Death away and can Hela her into a position. I thought about running Oden in there maybe instead of Death but that's that doing for me? Powering up Apoc to an even higher number? And then what? It's a T6 drop unless I get location lucky.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Maybe ghost rider as a way of recovering if you accidentally dump Hela? Colleen Wing instead of Wolverine? I think discard decks are Inherently inconsistent, you probably have to get used to retreating if RNG screws you.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I've heard many good things about the Lockjaw-Dracula discard deck, so if that doggo shows up in your store, don't hesitate to pick it up. Lockjaw is one of the few archetype defining cards, so it's good to have in general.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol, I made an Agatha deck for the discard quest and first match my opponent got a copy from Daily Bugle. I discarded her turn 1 with Blade while his Agatha just made him play Daredevil over and over. Good sport for not conceding!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

I'm stuck in the doldrums between pools again. Everyone I go against has armin zola or daredevil or aero or wave or magneto or any myriad of gently caress me up cards that I don't have and I've been on a nasty cube slide. I'm down 5 cube levels from this weekend.

Also I'm trying to run a discard deck but every time there's a a chance, no matter how small, rng absolutely fucks me. "Ok, so I played a hell cow and all i have in my hand are 4 swarms, apoc and hela... and there goes the hela...."

My discard deck is as follows:
1 - Blade
2 - Morbius
2 - Swarm
2 - Wolverine
3 - Moon Knight
3 - Lady Sif
3 - Swordmaster
4 - Dracula
4 - Hell Cow
6 - Hela
6 - Apocalypse
9 - Death

I'm absolutely open to suggestions on making this better/more consistent, I feel like I'm splitting focus and creating too many "lose" conditions while having only a couple win conditions. Like I can win huge if I can get to turn 4 without taking out Dracula and get apoc powered to a nice healthy level. I can win huge if I slashed Death away and can Hela her into a position. I thought about running Oden in there maybe instead of Death but that's that doing for me? Powering up Apoc to an even higher number? And then what? It's a T6 drop unless I get location lucky.

You’ve got too many 6s and it’s messing up your versatility, you want separate decks for them imo

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Lol, I made an Agatha deck for the discard quest and first match my opponent got a copy from Daily Bugle. I discarded her turn 1 with Blade while his Agatha just made him play Daredevil over and over. Good sport for not conceding!

Lmao

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
My oppo tried to big brain me with a t5 snap

Squiggly fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 30, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Decided to make the push for 1000CL before updating.

Currently sitting at 960, with 4255 gold, and 375 credits. Sorely tempted to tank my rank to get boosters for the common random stuff I have (not bad cards, but I haven't played Lockjaw or Electro or Leech yet, so no boosters for 'em), but I'm grinding some missions first. Guess I'd need about 10 common rank-ups to make it worth it, which doesn't seem that impossible (especially since I have a variant for Leech and Electro, so the same boosters count for both)

Otherwise, I guess it'd just be more gold, but well that's not the end of the world, I knew I'd spend anyway. And with tomorrow's seasonal mission updating, I could delay it, but don't want to risk being forced to patch

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Leech and electro are good/toxic together...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Squiggly posted:

My oppo tried to big brain me with a t5 snap

https://ibb.co/rw3NTzF

Edit: I would love to put this on imgur but there's no upload button when I go to the website, it's all posts

The Awful app has a shortcut for directly uploading and linking to an image, it's really handy.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tender Bender posted:

The Awful app has a shortcut for directly uploading and linking to an image, it's really handy.

My hero

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Sitting on like 2500 credits waiting for the cache bug to get fixed. Come on, I'm trying to play this slot machine!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

buffalo all day posted:

Maybe ghost rider as a way of recovering if you accidentally dump Hela? Colleen Wing instead of Wolverine? I think discard decks are Inherently inconsistent, you probably have to get used to retreating if RNG screws you.

No Ghost Rider or Colleen Wing. I definitely feel Rider is great "oh poo poo" recover but also....I don't have it. Colleen would be incredible for helping boost Morbius but again....I don't have it.

Opopanax posted:

You’ve got too many 6s and it’s messing up your versatility, you want separate decks for them imo

I only have 2 sixes in there? Or are you talking about having death in there too.

BoldFace posted:

I've heard many good things about the Lockjaw-Dracula discard deck, so if that doggo shows up in your store, don't hesitate to pick it up. Lockjaw is one of the few archetype defining cards, so it's good to have in general.

Yeah, I want the doggy but the game seems to be big on not letting me have another good boy in my collection.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

I only have 2 sixes in there? Or are you talking about having death in there too.

Right, I guess ideally you’re getting Death down a ways. Still, Idont like decks with multiple 6s unless it’s something specific you’re going for, but Hela and Apocalypse do not work together at all really so you’re just wasting space/turns there.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just realized I can run this on my M2 Mac, goodbye productivity

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What are some good Wong & Doom decks people have?

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Now Angela is no longer the main character of the Marvel CCG Universe, what is everyone swapping her out for?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Grumbles posted:

Now Angela is no longer the main character of the Marvel CCG Universe, what is everyone swapping her out for?
Scorpion, Lizard in generic decks. She's still great in spammier decks.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Super-Skrull popped up in my token shop, so I spent all of my 6000 tokens on him. I have no idea of what to play around him though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

achillesforever6 posted:

What are some good Wong & Doom decks people have?

Wasp
Okoye
Lockjaw
Thor
Jubilee
Wong
Vision
Jane Foster
Doom
Odin
Amy Chav
Infinaut

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jedit posted:

Wasp
Okoye
Lockjaw
Thor
Jubilee
Wong
Vision
Jane Foster
Doom
Odin
Amy Chav
Infinaut
Don't have Wasp and Thor(s) yet

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I have regular Thor but without Jane he seems kind of bad? Am I missing anything here?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Squiggly posted:

I have regular Thor but without Jane he seems kind of bad? Am I missing anything here?
I don't think so. You won't mjolnir very often without her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jane just guarantees the power boost, he's still a good card otherwise and you have a decent chance of getting Mjolner.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

The Grumbles posted:

Were you losing with her by 1?

If not don’t swap her.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why do people run Death on non-destroy decks (without Wave)? Just on the off chance the other person's running destroy to punish them? Seems wasteful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

stev posted:

Why do people run Death on non-destroy decks (without Wave)? Just on the off chance the other person's running destroy to punish them? Seems wasteful.

People extremely pissed at losing to Galactus.