Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Flavahbeast posted:

fatshark twitch doing something in a minute

https://twitch.tv/fatsharkgames

Sounds like they are reading patch notes at the moment.

100% toughness now absorbs 100% of damage? They took out the melee chip at full toughness? That seems huge.

Ogryn cleavers had broken stats and traits that were fixed?

More crafting points per pickup.

Edit: they disabled Ray tracing due to crashing.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
They increased crafting mat drops? That's surprising, I haven't seen anyone complain they were too sparse.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So I'm going to assume when you pull perks/blessings off of weapons they can't be put on certain weapons.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaddish posted:

So I'm going to assume when you pull perks/blessings off of weapons they can't be put on certain weapons.

Likely locked to certain types yeah, several weapons have effectively similar perks but they wouldn’t work on another type. Heat vs ammo, etc.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

Edit: they disabled Ray tracing due to crashing.

I suspected this was coming. It explains the odd reports of lower-end hardware being more stable.

Orv
May 4, 2011
New weapon stat view “next update”

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Sounds like two patches dropped during the downtime. Steam will be on 1.11 when it comes back up, onepass starts on 1.10 due to Microsoft certification issues.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
4 Ogryn

https://youtu.be/iA_fuzg6KRw

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

is there a good rundown of the different personalities somewhere? i wanna have some fun VAs in our group

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Very excited for progression to carry over, i just barely got a very sick bolter and I want to use it more

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Been posted a few times now. Got to live it with twathammer and a couple other goonintide fellows a few nights ago. There's nothing quite as satisfying as getting the transit assassination map, getting to the first drop on the bridge, lining up with 4 stubbers and laying down all the dakka known to man. Just smoke and gore.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Are the new AMD cards Legitimately good? I hear they raising prices this time and that they have drawbacks from Nvidia.

I’m interested in making my next PC an all-AMD build but I wonder if having a Ryzen 9 cpu + 7000 series GPU will give me any real benefit or should I just stick to classic intel+nvidia…

Also do all games support AMD GPU’s reliably?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

DeathSandwich posted:

Been posted a few times now. Got to live it with twathammer and a couple other goonintide fellows a few nights ago. There's nothing quite as satisfying as getting the transit assassination map, getting to the first drop on the bridge, lining up with 4 stubbers and laying down all the dakka known to man. Just smoke and gore.

That and running a train on the bubble boy, just back to back charges

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mega Comrade posted:

Gamepass is great to try it out but without crossplay it will be dead after a few months as the main community will definitely be on steam.

Yeah, I played deep rock for a few months on gamepass before I decided "this game fuckin rules imma toss the devs some cash and join the big steam playerbase"

it was a good way to get into it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I could see four flamers being a good time on that bridge too (until a gunner or sniper shows up then it’s a Real Bad Time).

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Communist Thoughts posted:

is there a good rundown of the different personalities somewhere? i wanna have some fun VAs in our group

Written excerpts about each character voice's personality
https://www.playdarktide.com/news/dev-blog-voices-of-the-41st-millennium

Blog post with samples from the voice actors
https://www.playdarktide.com/news/dev-blog-player-characters-vo

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Communist Thoughts posted:

There's the blog fatshark put out describing all the different personalities, it has some videos of the VAs doing them too but not all of them: https://www.playdarktide.com/news/dev-blog-voices-of-the-41st-millennium

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Are the new AMD cards Legitimately good? I hear they raising prices this time and that they have drawbacks from Nvidia.

I’m interested in making my next PC an all-AMD build but I wonder if having a Ryzen 9 cpu + 7000 series GPU will give me any real benefit or should I just stick to classic intel+nvidia…

Also do all games support AMD GPU’s reliably?

I'm using a very old amd rx 480 card and get like 50-60 fps because of the good upscaling on medium. My nvidia friends have more issues.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

The random name generator gave me Thuddo in the beta and I decided to roll with that because it's pretty much the perfect Ogryn name imo.

I saw a pubbie named Girthshaker

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Naming my Ogryn "InDaWhey"

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

explosivo posted:

The random name generator gave me Thuddo in the beta and I decided to roll with that because it's pretty much the perfect Ogryn name imo.

It's not really random in the sense of like being able to produce different names from smaller parts. It's just a list of names pre-made for the classes and drawn from a hat. So like there's a Thuddo and a Grug but you'll never see a Gruddo unless the person puts it in themselves.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://youtu.be/oPGT80-FTPs

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's up, aaaaaand there's a queue

Edit: Nvm, requires an update that doesn't seem to be live yet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

BrotherJayne posted:

Is the PoV adjusted, though?

Definitely, yes lol. I feel real heckin' short as the shorty Vet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Adjustments made to slowdowns and stuns on hit. Adjustments made to Toughness bleedthrough:

Reduced slowdown on hit durations for light and medium stunning hits

Increase stun immunity durations when players suffer stunning hits

Added immunity to look overrides, pushes, and ADS interrupts when in stun immunity - should clean up and interface when players can act and help avoid aiming dashes, etc. while being shot at.

Slightly increased stun durations for light hits

Set all dodge count reset timers to 0.85s for all weapons and classes. (down from 1.0s on many, but not all, weapons)

Removed minimum bleed-through of 10% damage regardless of toughness on melee hits. 100% toughness now blocks all damage. Damage reduction based on toughness at the time of strike (So at 75% toughness, the damage is reduced by 75%)

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Broken Cog posted:

It's up, aaaaaand there's a queue
Make sure to apply the patch first, it'll boot you out at the end if you're not up-to-date :v:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

doesnt seem to be up on gamepass yet

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

No, not as far as I'm aware.

Also smh at hitting random for the name, I never would have a chance to come up with Evil-Oniyn for my Ogryn which just works on so many levels. Or layers. Heh.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Speaking of this, boy I wish they had a PTT indicator for who's speaking in the ingame voice chat because I certainly couldn't see one.

Hopefully some of this is addressed soonish.

Can't decide if I want to name my toons something unique or just stick with my SteamID.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm sure I'll load in eventually

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

BadOptics posted:

Naming my Ogryn "InDaWhey"
Named my Ogryn "Harry", and I gave him the Brawler voice.

Just a good Yorkshire lad, trying his best in this grimdark universe.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

infraboy posted:

Is the game worth buying or is it getter to wait?

I have had zero technical issues with this game and it has been nothing but incredibly fun and the best FPS I have ever played for the entire 60 hours I played across the two betas.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

CuddleCryptid posted:

Speaking of this, boy I wish they had a PTT indicator for who's speaking in the ingame voice chat because I certainly couldn't see one.

There is a tiny speaker that pops up by their name.

Doesn't show up for yourself when you're talking though, which is dumb

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The game actually has an indicator next to the character frame of whoever is talking, it's just super tiny and almost impossible to notice unless you know it's there.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That is quite the queue.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i hope this isnt like when the phoenix point dev just didnt tell anyone the game wasnt coming out on gamepass when announced lol

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The "40,000" in "Warhammer 40,000: Darktide" is a reference to your position in the login queue.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Position 29333 Let's go!

I mean it's to be expected.

Managed to get to lvl 30 Zealot during the pre beta, definitely enjoying the combo of flamer and hammer. Wouldn't mind a hand version of the flamer or maybe some weapons with incendiary ammo but such is. From my brief time in VT definitely want some sort of melee polearm but doesn't seem there to be many options for that,

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

TIDE megathread: Warhammer 40,000 in queue

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Reminder: If you go AFK in the hub, you are disconnected after 15 minutes. If you enter the Meat Grinder first, you can afk indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The "40,000" in "Warhammer 40,000: Darktide" is a reference to your position in the login queue.

Almost there!