Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Throneside is huge and gorgeous. Lovely map. They fixed veteran level 30 talent and it plays a new hitscan sound when it triggers. Also can confirm they put space marines in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

To nobody's surprise we have a cosmetics shop now!

Edit:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I assume the percentages next to bars are modifiers based on the base damage? Not really sure how to read them tbh

e: Also I got the auric star trinket for no reason lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 30, 2022

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

for anyone with the Empirial Edition still not having the soundtrack available, this link will help you download it steam://install/2216070

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Oh my god the crashes.

I might gently caress off for a few days until poo poo gets under control. 3 matches in a row with crashes that prevented completion.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RBA Starblade posted:

I assume the percentages next to bars are modifiers based on the base damage? Not really sure how to read them tbh

I think it's in addition to the base stats, within a range denoted by the bar.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dogg wtf did they do to my beautiful ogryn voice

Murder Noveau
Jul 25, 2007
Maybe death is a gift.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Literally came here to ask the same thing? It's awful now!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If you inspect your weapon you get a huge detailed view of it including the base stats and the ranges available and what they are with hard numbers. My powersword was a grey 347 rating so basically close to the highest end according to this.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

explosivo posted:

To nobody's surprise we have a cosmetics shop now!

Edit:

The classic " the bundle costs more than what you can actually buy in one go, so you have to buy more funbux than you need". Prices are in line with V2 even though I find $11+ for a single class outfit ridiculous.

Edit: Didnt even notice the timer on the bundles for that FOMO, like they have more than those 4 outfits.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The game actually seems to be running a lot better for me, performance wise. Crashed once, but was able to reconnect without waiting in a queue.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Communist Thoughts posted:

they can in some games, dunno why not here

Basically both gamepass and steam offer backend networking you can tie your game into. Thats very handy as it provides a lot of functionality you don't have to code yourself.
The drawback is gamepass and steam don't work with each other. So if you want crossplay you have to code, test and deploy that backend yourself. This is not cheap so a lot of smaller devs choose not to.

This is a self published game after all, not some AAA EA funded project. So I understand the choice.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

The game actually seems to be running a lot better for me, performance wise. Crashed once, but was able to reconnect without waiting in a queue.

For me it's running infinitely worse!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fishstick posted:

The classic " the bundle costs more than what you can actually buy in one go, so you have to buy more funbux than you need". Prices are in line with V2 even though I find $11+ for a single class outfit ridiculous.

Depressingly I looked at those and went "huh, cheaper than I expected" cause Valorant and other similar games have destroyed my sense of value. I don't partake generally but one of my friends buys every bloody bundle in that game and they cost like £30 for a single gun skin.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Murder Noveau posted:

Literally came here to ask the same thing? It's awful now!

If you put the helmet on, it's got a voice filter on it lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

it seems to be a bug for only whoever is playing the Ogryn. I have the same issue, but the other ogryn in my group sounded fine to me but also had the same issue for themselves.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Depressingly I looked at those and went "huh, cheaper than I expected" cause Valorant and other similar games have destroyed my sense of value. I don't partake generally but one of my friends buys every bloody bundle in that game and they cost like £30 for a single gun skin.

33 usd getting you 3 of the big skin bundle packs is honestly generous in our nightmare world.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Orv posted:

For me it's running infinitely worse!

Be sure to check your settings, all mine got nuked and re-set to "recommended" (aka garbage) settings.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Did they add another intro screen? I think I hit escape 4 times before hitting space bar.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Did I have to do anything to get the Beta Helmets? I don't have them on any class.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Fishstick posted:

Edit: Didnt even notice the timer on the bundles for that FOMO, like they have more than those 4 outfits.

The prices actually seem pretty fair, though I don't think I'll be buying anything. $5 is 1000 credits and the most expensive single items are 1200 credits, the bundles seem to have hosed up pricing because they cost 2400 credits but contain two items valued at 1200 credits and 800 credits. Almost everything in the cash shop is under $5.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

new grenade count indicators!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wasn't this game meant to come out on Xbox, and day one Game Pass? Because I'm not seeing it in the Xbox store or on Game Pass.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Did I have to do anything to get the Beta Helmets? I don't have them on any class.

Nope, I have them on all of them now, along with this star trinket for my weapons and a frame.

Though, it also keeps telling me I have new cosmetics (I don't), and it told me I "unlocked" fifty different eye colors and tattoos.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Wasn't this game meant to come out on Xbox, and day one Game Pass? Because I'm not seeing it in the Xbox store or on Game Pass.

I'm installing from PC game pass now, it's slowly showing up in the "recently added" stripe

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

They're not hard to miss

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fishstick posted:

They're not hard to miss

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dravs posted:

Prima says max level for weapons is 530

https://primagames.com/tips/what-is-the-max-item-level-in-warhammer-40k-darktide-answered

And yeah, as said, you can only get that if you upgrade from a grey since the stat bars don't get diluted by perks on a grey (the power rating of a weapon is just a calculation of the stat bars + any perks the weapon has).

Interesting. What's the max rating you guys have seen on a grey weapon, 375? It seems like it would be difficult to get to 530 from there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fishstick posted:

They're not hard to miss

https://twitter.com/Sam4TR/status/1596980982804275200?s=20&t=ZARM06klc9VHoXVyle42Dw

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
100% toughness still doesnt block melee damage taken, probably a bug. Enemies on Malice also seem to hit way harder, as in one backstab from the ever-present rear end-poxwalkers will now drain like 15-20 health at full toughness.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Not taking chip damage with toughness is pretty huge. Went through most of an Uprising difficulty mission without taking more than a couple points of actual health damage with my toughness regen stuff.

Edit: ^ oh now i'm confused.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

BombiTheZombie posted:

100% toughness still doesnt block melee damage taken, probably a bug. Enemies on Malice also seem to hit way harder, as in one backstab from the ever-present rear end-poxwalkers will now drain like 15-20 health at full toughness.

Theres a bug where if you have more than 100% toughness (eg: through curios), damage will get through

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are the Vermintide faces in? I dunno if they're supposed to show up in the character creation or if you change to them in-game.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Try refreshing it should be there. Close your store, etc.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BTW if you're crashing, keep in mind this reset all the graphical settings including the CPU cores setting in the launcher. Mine went back to like 14 by default but changed it to 6 since that worked for me in beta and was able to make it through a match without crashing just now.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Anyone know if the datamined weapons like the melta are in?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Are the Vermintide faces in? I dunno if they're supposed to show up in the character creation or if you change to them in-game.

There's no faces as such, just eyebrows, tats, hair colors, etc

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jimbot posted:

I do have bright orange as a hair option for Ogryn now which I think is the Bardin thing so possibly?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh they buffed plasma guns like a lot of a lot, I don't know if its just an increased crit rate or more base damage but mine is performing way better than it did prepatch as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tibbeh posted:

Anyone know if the datamined weapons like the melta are in?

Haven't seen them yet, no mentions anywhere.