Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a pod system similar to Keurig that makes cups of steaming hot nacho cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

a pod system similar to Keurig that makes cups of steaming hot nacho cheese

The purpose is horrifying but that design is sleek

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
what happens if you eat all the watermelons on earth

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
edit: wrong droids

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 1, 2022

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The purpose is horrifying but that design is sleek

I mean, outside of the pods this is nothing new. The Soviets went nuts for these things in the late 60s and early 70s:

ektachrome 35mm photograph of a 1970s Soviet kitchen device which dispenses liquid cheese, cup full of hot liquid cheese, product shot, promotional photo, product design, sleek design, Soviet 1960s design

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I unironically would enjoy hot cheese sauce on demand...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kharmakazy posted:

I unironically would enjoy hot cheese sauce on demand...

do not add foam and a straw but yes it would be nice to have on demand nachos.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i have descovered a fantastic new word of power, Vantablack! :ohdear:

additional things

Pineapple Hedgehog

A wedding cake made of meat pies

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This isn't directly AI-related, but I'm working on a low-animation-requirement game that's not too worried about internal graphical consistency, except that I'd really like world-space interactables to be blocky 3D.

A long time ago there were some tools that allowed one to create simple 3D models from 2D images -- even a single 2D image if you didn't mind symmetry.

I'd really like to use AI art to generate the base image(s) and use those to get a 3D model, but my 3D modeling skills are horrendous. Even with nothing but rectangular boxes.

1) Does anyone know of any (preferably free, open-source) software to convert 2D to 3D?

2) Does anyone have any tricks for getting multiple angles/shots of the same inanimate object?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, outside of the pods this is nothing new. The Soviets went nuts for these things in the late 60s and early 70s:

ektachrome 35mm photograph of a 1970s Soviet kitchen device which dispenses liquid cheese, cup full of hot liquid cheese, product shot, promotional photo, product design, sleek design, Soviet 1960s design

:hmmyes:

Here is a list of different film stocks to try. With people especially the Portra ones make a huge difference. More art than science!

Fujifilm Velvia 100 (soft)
Kodak Portra 100, 400 or 800 (iso's)
Kodak Ektachrome 100
Lomography 400 35mm Film
Cinestill 50D, 400D (filmic quality)
Kodak Tri-X 400 35mm Film (black and white)
Ilford HP5 Plus 400 35mm Film (black and white)

Usually I generate cars:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Was this one of those Midjourney word of the day prompt exercises recently? I went through a gallery of trending pictures the other day and about a third of them had "vantablack" somewhere in the prompt.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hammer Bro. posted:

This isn't directly AI-related, but I'm working on a low-animation-requirement game that's not too worried about internal graphical consistency, except that I'd really like world-space interactables to be blocky 3D.

A long time ago there were some tools that allowed one to create simple 3D models from 2D images -- even a single 2D image if you didn't mind symmetry.

I'd really like to use AI art to generate the base image(s) and use those to get a 3D model, but my 3D modeling skills are horrendous. Even with nothing but rectangular boxes.

1) Does anyone know of any (preferably free, open-source) software to convert 2D to 3D?

2) Does anyone have any tricks for getting multiple angles/shots of the same inanimate object?

nvidia is working on some ai tools that can generate a 3d model from a 2d image but afaik it's still very much in research stages, and the AI model will probably be too big to run locally on a consumer GPU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what's the latest info on which sampling method/steps to use? Is there any good reason to swap off Euler A?

I know the "a" ones scale very differently with step count than the non, but I see a lot of options I don't remember and wonder if there's a clear reason to swap

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
use one of the dpm++ samplers, they are the newest state-of-the-art ones and have the best combination of "gets a good image in few steps" with "runs pretty fast per step"
euler_a is still great too though and i think is better than dpm++ 2S a if you're doing step counts around 12-20

the advantage of non _a samplers is that they are more stable so you can rerun a generation while tweaking the step count or batch size without basically nuking/re-randomizing the original results. if you don't care about redoing a generation with the same seed to tweak settings then just use _a forever because in exchange for that instability they get better quality images in fewer steps

e: actually on my machine dpm++_2S_a runs at half the speed of dpm++_2M for whatever reason, so I guess just stuck to 2M and/or euler_a

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 1, 2022

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

what's the latest info on which sampling method/steps to use? Is there any good reason to swap off Euler A?

I know the "a" ones scale very differently with step count than the non, but I see a lot of options I don't remember and wonder if there's a clear reason to swap

It's all so wild and chaotic that I can't actually tell if one sampler works better than others or not. Since most of this heavily relies on random noise (by design) it just depends on what you're after. I have a vague fog that I have in my head and I see what the computer fills it with. I suspect if you have a complete shape in your mind already then the samplers will come more into play.
I treat this more like a slot machine with maybea cool picture on the end after I pull the arm.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

KakerMix posted:

:hmmyes:

Here is a list of different film stocks to try. With people especially the Portra ones make a huge difference. More art than science!

Fujifilm Velvia 100 (soft)
Kodak Portra 100, 400 or 800 (iso's)
Kodak Ektachrome 100
Lomography 400 35mm Film
Cinestill 50D, 400D (filmic quality)
Kodak Tri-X 400 35mm Film (black and white)
Ilford HP5 Plus 400 35mm Film (black and white)

Usually I generate cars:

I made some vehicles recently too but yours are much nicer. Mine are literally garbage

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Crapple! posted:

I made some vehicles recently too but yours are much nicer. Mine are literally garbage

cool

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Crapple! posted:

extreme 'cool thing grandma has on her shelf that you want to play with as a kid but are forbid from doing so' vibes

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crapple! posted:

Was this one of those Midjourney word of the day prompt exercises recently? I went through a gallery of trending pictures the other day and about a third of them had "vantablack" somewhere in the prompt.

Lol yeah I'm a trend thief anything that looks cool in the trending pictures I steal the prompt

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

nvidia is working on some ai tools that can generate a 3d model from a 2d image but afaik it's still very much in research stages, and the AI model will probably be too big to run locally on a consumer GPU

I'm fine with a little bit of manual work in the model -> image stage if necessary. I just lack the skills to create the model myself.

The existing technology (Adobe Canoma?) was impressive back in TYooLY2K. I feel like things have had to advanced since then, though maybe the concept never caught on.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rutibex posted:

Lol yeah I'm a trend thief anything that looks cool in the trending pictures I steal the prompt

I just tried it for making night time environments and it seems to work quite well. Much better than my previous attempts which were never dark enough.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm fine with a little bit of manual work in the model -> image stage if necessary. I just lack the skills to create the model myself.

The existing technology (Adobe Canoma?) was impressive back in TYooLY2K. I feel like things have had to advanced since then, though maybe the concept never caught on.

now I'm confused as to whether you want model to image or image to model

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

KakerMix posted:

It's all so wild and chaotic that I can't actually tell if one sampler works better than others or not. Since most of this heavily relies on random noise (by design) it just depends on what you're after. I have a vague fog that I have in my head and I see what the computer fills it with. I suspect if you have a complete shape in your mind already then the samplers will come more into play.
I treat this more like a slot machine with maybea cool picture on the end after I pull the arm.

It's all about getting the right balance between speed and quality. Some of the newer samplers take less steps to stabilize into something usable but take a bit longer per step.

Here are two huge grids I generated comparing samplers, the number being the number of seconds they took to generate:

Depending on the detail you need, sometimes you can get an usable image in very few steps.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
in todays episode of Half in the Bag they used an AI voice changer to do a Rick and Morty bit :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UbrN-wb0R0&t=517s

this is what I think they were using:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gooIrcZEVSE

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rutibex posted:

in todays episode of Half in the Bag they used an AI voice changer to do a Rick and Morty bit :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UbrN-wb0R0&t=517s

this is what I think they were using:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gooIrcZEVSE

I think you're mistaken and that's actually Justin Roiland performing for real. They've worked together before on whatever VR game Roiland had. It's also completely on brand for those guys to have more-famous-than-them show up and they won't make a big deal about it.

EDIT
Yeah it's right in the credits.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 1, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I'm using the InvokeAI WebUI and they posted an announcement video for their upcoming 2.2 release.

I'm not following other WebUIs that closely and the InvokeAI guys are in general a bit slower with their release/feature cycles, so maybe this is old news and boring, but this giant canvas thing looks neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYBfDtKaus

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

I think you're mistaken and that's actually Justin Roiland performing for real. They've worked together before on whatever VR game Roiland had. It's also completely on brand for those guys to have more-famous-than-them show up and they won't make a big deal about it.

EDIT
Yeah it's right in the credits.

:eyepop:
holy poo poo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mcbexx posted:

I'm using the InvokeAI WebUI and they posted an announcement video for their upcoming 2.2 release.

I'm not following other WebUIs that closely and the InvokeAI guys are in general a bit slower with their release/feature cycles, so maybe this is old news and boring, but this giant canvas thing looks neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYBfDtKaus

The whole unified canvas thing seems like a pretty interesting take! Looks like it's focusing on more of a higher-effort multi-step workflow instead of just spitting out raw images. I've seen similar stuff in a few online tools (there was one collaborative one where anyone could come and add to the canvas with a prompt, I forget the link) but it isn't that common.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Sorry if it's been posted but

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1597692711314018306

Jeez.

It's hard to believe these transformer language models came up within the last 5 years. I can only imagine what the next 10-15 will bring.

Also I would be sweating bullets if I worked in commercial art

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
There is a paper about poisson flow generative models that work on a similar principle but work 10-20x faster than diffusion models, it will be interesting to see if those work out.

But in 10-15 years there will probably be a lot of stuff that's way more gamechanging. The USA may or may not ban a lot of it due to copyright nonsense but I'm sure China will keep on kicking regardless. It's not like web scraping is impossible.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There is a paper about poisson flow generative models that work on a similar principle but work 10-20x faster than diffusion models, it will be interesting to see if those work out.

But in 10-15 years there will probably be a lot of stuff that's way more gamechanging. The USA may or may not ban a lot of it due to copyright nonsense but I'm sure China will keep on kicking regardless. It's not like web scraping is impossible.

Very interesting thanks for the link.

Sounds like there could be some huge legal battles ahead for AI.. and it's hard to know on which side of the legal coin AI will land. Will probably depend a lot on which administration is in power at the time or whether the Supreme Court takes on any big AI cases.

I have to imagine that big businesses are salivating at the thought of replacing workers with transformer models.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orc Priest posted:

Very interesting thanks for the link.

Sounds like there could be some huge legal battles ahead for AI.. and it's hard to know on which side of the legal coin AI will land. Will probably depend a lot on which administration is in power at the time or whether the Supreme Court takes on any big AI cases.

I have to imagine that big businesses are salivating at the thought of replacing workers with transformer models.

art generators are just an interesting side effect of combining AI vision models is with text models. the US government is absolutely not going to bother these AI nerds, and is instead giving them billions of dollars for their strategically important research

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

now I'm confused as to whether you want model to image or image to model

Sorry, I meant AI -> Image then Image -> Model.

Though I suspect the latter would be greatly assisted if the former could output multiple close-enough images of the source content.

In this first case, a treasure chest.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a vending machine that only serves cold beans

before I upscaled it that was a single black bean :staredog:

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

AARD VARKMAN posted:

before I upscaled it that was a single black bean :staredog:
Post that one.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
playing with some image prompts today. source image:

"Soviet aqua troopers"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rutibex posted:

playing with some image prompts today. source image:

"Soviet aqua troopers"

The earliest iterations of SEA PATROL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

KwegiboHB posted:

Post that one.

the single black bean is also huge and weird but definitely not a person