Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Scoss posted:

I don't know how useful Valkyrie is going to be immediately but she is in pool 5 and was the first card that showed up in my token shop, so I bought her for the 6k.

I've pulled her twice in my Mr. Negative deck (once off of Agent 13, once off of Morph) and she seems solid, great if you can set her off. Mr. Negative, Psylocke, and Adam Warlock (my side) and a Demon, a Winter Soldier, and a big Carnage on their side was delightful.

Threadsnipe Edit: If she turns out to be good, getting the Gonzales variant of Valkyrie is a high priority for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Coq au Nandos posted:

Any suggestions for this lot of Pool 3 cards? I also have Destroyer in the random pool for the new few hours, not sure it’s worth pulling the trigger.

Spectrum Destroyer is a solid deck on its own, although Destroyer did get a small nerf so it might be more beatable

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

You have Hela and Hell Cow. Play discard.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Just played against a deck using Absorbing Man to essentially run two Shang-Chis. This man was sent from hell to punish me.

EDIT: I was SO smug after playing around the first one too.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Seeing as Angela, Mysterious and Sera got nerfed and Sera decks don’t play well with the current featured location I tried out a Moon Girl/Devil Dino/Black Panther/Zola deck and managed to scrape my way up to Omega.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

If you get Wong played against you on Kamar-Taj, just retreat. They always have White Tiger, Ironheart, Odin and they completely wreck you. Even if you think you got it, you don't.

I have had games where my opponent played Wong to Kamar-Taj and turn 5 I swiped his White Tiger away with Aero. Turn 6 he tried again with Ironheart; still having prio, I pulled Wong away with Magneto. But yeah, if your opponent gets to use his On Reveal four times you're probably not winning that one.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm playing an Agatha discard deck and Infinaut has started in my hand legitimately five times in a row. What the hell.

Edit: Six times.

Edit: Wasn't in my starting hand but was the first card I drew, so I'm calling that seven.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 1, 2022

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cabbit posted:

I'm playing an Agatha discard deck and Infinaut has started in my hand legitimately five times in a row. What the hell.

Edit: Six times.

Any deck based around cheating out high power cards automatically adds a hidden ability to your 6-cost cards: "This card starts in your hand".

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Opopanax posted:

What's good with Fury? I got him in a cache but I can't figure out a good deck

quinjet (plus mystique?), eventually in tandem with maria hill and coulson seems like it could be interesting, if rng as hell

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Any good sera decks for early pool 3? I’m using Dens deck from marvelsnapzone but it’s before the angela nerf and I really don’t like okoye in this. You don’t want her turn 2 if you have Angela or 3 if you have bishop and any time after there’s like no value

# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Strong Guy
# (5) Sera
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd29yZE1hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Ryb25nR3V5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPa295ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

But as I said this is pre nerf angela so maybe she’s the cut?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

team overhead smash posted:

Seeing as Angela, Mysterious and Sera got nerfed and Sera decks don’t play well with the current featured location I tried out a Moon Girl/Devil Dino/Black Panther/Zola deck and managed to scrape my way up to Omega.

Saw after I posted. Maybe I’ll just scroll up

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Any good sera decks for early pool 3? I’m using Dens deck from marvelsnapzone but it’s before the angela nerf and I really don’t like okoye in this. You don’t want her turn 2 if you have Angela or 3 if you have bishop and any time after there’s like no value

# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Strong Guy
# (5) Sera
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd29yZE1hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Ryb25nR3V5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPa295ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

But as I said this is pre nerf angela so maybe she’s the cut?

I was running basically this from like 50 up through the mid-80's. The thing with Angela is that it's totally fine to play her after T2 and it's not uncommon to play her T6. Ideally you're NOT dropping your big bodies early so the opponent doesn't know your gameplan: one of the benefits of Sera isn't just the energy cheating, but it's that it happens T6 so your opponent can't react. Dropping Angela T2 signals that you're probably going to fill that location. In that regard Okoye feels pretty good to drop T2 because you can toss her wherever without giving away your plan. Ideally I went T1 pass, T2 Okoye, T3 Bishop, T4 Strong Guy, T5 Sera, T6 vomit all over the board.

I never did the math on whether she was actually helping me to get over the finish line in games though.

I started flailing after getting into the 80's and deeper into Pool 3 and got frustrated, so I tore my deck apart and replaced the Discard stuff with a small Destroy package, Shang-Chi because I lacked a big punch so I need to destroy a big body instead of outpowering it, and threw in Aero for good measure because she can be clutch. I don't know if this is better yet but I'm having fun with it:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Sera
# (5) Aero
#
code:

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCdWNreUJhcm5lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn1dfQ==
#

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 1, 2022

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thank you for this. The deck page didn’t actually have a guide since I guess this is one of the older/popular archetypes so I’ve been mostly trying to figure out the sequence through trial and error

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm at 7000 tokens and I'm debating buying that Apocalypse pack when I hit 7500, is it actually worth it? I don't particularly care for the variant itself and likely wouldn't change from my Egyptian one, but that's a pretty big pile of credits

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Opopanax posted:

I'm at 7000 tokens and I'm debating buying that Apocalypse pack when I hit 7500, is it actually worth it? I don't particularly care for the variant itself and likely wouldn't change from my Egyptian one, but that's a pretty big pile of credits

I read the gold to credits ratio was actually good, you'd get less credits buying them with straight gold. So everything else is a bonus

Someone confirm or deny

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Opopanax posted:

What's good with Fury? I got him in a cache but I can't figure out a good deck

He is, unfortunately, one of the absolute worst cards in the game and just doesn't work, there aren't even any "fun highroll, lose often" decks with him.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Opopanax posted:

It costs gold, not tokens

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1598124650122256389?s=20&t=ah_6zYC47iOIpNU5J0dzXw

:hellyeah:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Squiggly posted:

I read the gold to credits ratio was actually good, you'd get less credits buying them with straight gold. So everything else is a bonus

Someone confirm or deny

Yes. The credits/gold ratio is better than the normal ratio, plus you get all the other poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

It costs gold, not tokens

Oh, well absolutely never mind then

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So uh… caches went pretty well. :stare:

Wound up with Human Torch, Agatha Harkness, Green Goblin, Black Bolt, Doctor Octopus, Captain Marvel, The Hood, Daredevil and I bought the Magneto in the shop for 1k tokens. Especially happy to see DD and Captain Marvel. They instantly went into my main deck.

Feeling like I won the lottery with the last three caches. :woop:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Wound up with Human Torch, Agatha Harkness, Green Goblin, Black Bolt, Doctor Octopus, Captain Marvel, The Hood, Daredevil and I bought the Magneto in the shop for 1k tokens. Especially happy to see DD and Captain Marvel. They instantly went into my main deck.

Yeah I thought they adjusted the "bad luck protection" so now you just consistently got a new card every 4 caches, but I got Brood, Mordo, and Taskmaster from 3 in a row? Lol maybe they broke it again but in a good way

Nevermind I was wrong. I think it worked correctly

goferchan fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 1, 2022

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

BGrifter posted:

Jesus, nice one!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Can I build anything with this? I see a Hela in the store right now.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Store had Sera! Hopefully I can get Wave and Aero sooner or later with these roations!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opponent snapped on turn 6, I snapped back and they immediately retreated.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Thoughts on whether she hulk is worth picking up at the token shop? I have 5000 credits so I could still get a couple of s3 folks but am not likely to get another s4 card.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

Thoughts on whether she hulk is worth picking up at the token shop? I have 5000 credits so I could still get a couple of s3 folks but am not likely to get another s4 card.

I just got her, she's one of the s4 cards I feel most confident about. Also opened Taskmaster from a cache -- they're pretty fun with the current featured location

edit: I think there's a deck in there somewhere with her and Wave. If you play Wave and pass on turn 5, she gets discounted down to 2 on turn 6 so you can play her and another card (or play her twice if you duped her with Moon Girl)

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 1, 2022

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I've been skipping 5 to play Dino and She Hulk on 6. They're expecting Infinaut, not a split across lanes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

What's your deck look like? This is what I've got right now, lots of flexible spots though.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Wave
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Gamora
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifV19
#

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

When I first got into this game, I really wanted to try a discard deck, but after playing against it and seeing how random it is (and after failing to pull Dracula or any of the other important discard cards), I gave up on trying to make it and found some other decks I've enjoyed.

My shop has offered me Hela, Hellcow, Colleen Wing, and Helicarrier. Can't help but laugh.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
PSA: Rogue played on Kamar-Taj only steals 1 ongoing effect.

I big-brained snapped knowing I was playing her and nothing else on turn 6 vs Patriot & Kazar. Whoops.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I was getting frustrated with how often I would lose to Enchantress or Shang Chi with my combo decks so I switched to a deck with Shang Chi and Enchantress in it and now I have a 90% win rate and never lose 8 cubes because my entire deck can be countered with one card. I usually win even if I don't draw Sera because Sentinel and Angela/Bishop have a very consistent power output. Don't play Killmonger/Shang Chi/Enchantress until the last turn, unless they play Wong. The last patch nerfed 3 of the cards in the deck and I didn't really see a difference in how it plays. It also played great in the Throne Room location.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Sera
# (5) Aero
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0ZXJpbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifV19
#

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Just played against a deck using Absorbing Man to essentially run two Shang-Chis. This man was sent from hell to punish me.

EDIT: I was SO smug after playing around the first one too.

I dunno man, I played some games (15-20) and I did not high roll enough to get into this deck

I'm also finding that 16 power in a lane is not enough to win both lanes. I had a similar problem playing destroyer

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Nice!

I'm really happy I got Green Goblin, he can fit into so many decks and has ruined so many of my opponent's squares. Kind of a sleeper I think.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SlothBear posted:

Nice!

I'm really happy I got Green Goblin, he can fit into so many decks and has ruined so many of my opponent's squares. Kind of a sleeper I think.

I’ve been playing him all evening and he’s awesome. Feels like a great final card when you’re not sure what to put in the flex slot. Green Goblin has some great variants too.

I don’t think he’s optimal in my deck but I’ve been running The Hood as well and that card is so much fun. I laugh maniacally when I fling him to certain doom at a location. Or sometimes I play him in front of Killmonger on turn four.

Poor Hood.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Will Series 4 and 5 cards show up in caches or is it just the token shop?

My last two token shop rotations have been Yellowjacket, followed by Quake :effort:

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Even a bad card like Quake can become playable if they ever print a support card that gets boosted based on the number of times locations have changed or moved during the game.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
*resets the "Games since I forgot Zola has to destroy his target to copy it" counter to zero*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Whelp, ran into my first Galactus deck. Electro, Hobgoblin, Galactus. I retreated, so I don't know what the turn 6 drop was, but given I was down by a dozen in the only location, it didn't really matter what it was.