Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The extensions the Cards handed out for KKK remain mystifying

I get Kyler. QB scarcity is real, and Kyler has had flashes of brilliance.

I get Kiem. Kiem is a friend of the owner, and his reign has been the longest sustained success in possibly the history of the franchise.

Kliff is a dead ringer for Matt Nagy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

I get Kiem. Kiem is a friend of the owner, and his reign has been the longest sustained success in possibly the history of the franchise.

Kliff is a dead ringer for Matt Nagy.

I had time to kill so I looked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arizona_Cardinals_seasons

Keim's been GM since 2013. In that time they've had 4 double-digit winning seasons, an NFC Championship appearance, and 2 .500 seasons. The only other GM they've had who even compares to the heights Keim reached was the prior GM, Rod Graves, who was GM from 2003 to then and had only two years above .500 but made the Super Bowl one of those years. Post-merger, no other GM even got them past the first round of playoffs before Rod. So. Yeah. Understandable why the leash is longer for them

As for HCs, the worst Cards' season ever is 3 wins/13 losses. Happened twice, once in 2000 and once during the Keim era in 2018 (Steve Wilks' only year coaching the team). With the Pats, Broncos, Bucs, Falcons and Niners left on the schedule, they can still very much tie the most losses they've ever had by losing out. Both times they've had that 13-loss season, the coach that started week 1 wasn't employed there the following year (Wilks was given the whole year and Vince Tobin was gone mid-season)

TL;DR Russell Wilson is Kliff's last chance at having some hope for staying

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The extensions the Cards handed out for KKK remain mystifying

Someone asked Bill Bidwell if he wanted to bring back KKK and he jumped at it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

fsif posted:

No because Kyler is still a starting caliber, 25-year-old quarterback.

But purely for how challenging it would be to move on from him? Probably can't get rid of him until 2027; maybe 2026 if you really hate him.

Kyler is starting caliber for fanty football, but not actual football.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chris James 2 posted:

Cardinals Country, lets ride :geno:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Chris James 2 posted:

To be fair, if you had to pick one QB to save your job against right now, Russ is your man. Kliff is coming back, baby :v:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Kyler is starting caliber for fanty football, but not actual football.

This take is dumb, starting caliber means top 20? Top 32? Kyler isn't top 5 but arguing he's not top 20 is bad faith.

Nov 6, 2002

Forrest on Fire posted:

arguing he's not top 20 is bad faith.

You're arguing with a guy who thinks Carr should be league MVP every year and keeps a separate win count based on games stolen by the refs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Forrest on Fire posted:

This take is dumb, starting caliber means top 20? Top 32? Kyler isn't top 5 but arguing he's not top 20 is bad faith.

Going to say the guy who thinks the Raiders are really 9-2 right now isn't arguing in good faith.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Ok, if you want to say he's top 20, then I'll believe you. But Kyler is much closer to Danny Jones than he is to Patrick Mahomes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You're arguing with a guy who thinks Carr should be league MVP every year and keeps a separate win count based on games stolen by the refs.

He should have been league MVP two years in his career so far.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Which years

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Last year and 2016.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Last year and 2016.

Lol Carr in 2016 was 14th in yards, 8th in TDs, 15th in completion percentage, and 8th in passer rating. He got 6 MVP votes, which feels fair, and finished tied for third with rookie Zeke.

Nov 6, 2002

fartknocker posted:

Lol Carr in 2016 was 14th in yards, 8th in TDs, 15th in completion percentage, and 8th in passer rating. He got 6 MVP votes, which feels fair, and finished tied for third with rookie Zeke.

the refs stole his yards

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Screwed by pro Dallas bias.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

the refs stole his yards

Mr. Logan’s Raiders math is almost as bad/insane as Kawalimus’ Ravens math with virtual ties.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't believe the refs paid off Trent Cole to break Carr's leg right before the playoffs started

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

:hmmyes:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I agree that Carr is vastly underrated, but I don't think he has an actual mvp candidate yet.

I will agree he's better than Kyler.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Hot take: Carr is bad and also not good

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Also a crybaby

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Carr is definitely a QB in the NFL

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the national fanty league

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

a neat cape posted:

I call BS on this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

I agree that Carr is vastly underrated, but I don't think he has an actual mvp candidate yet.

I will agree he's better than Kyler.

I dunno about vastly. He seems about Kirk Cousins tier which is where you look at all the guys ahead of him and wish you had better but then look at the doofuses behind him and just don't want to cut bait and risk you end up with those. He's not bad but the rest of the roster would need to be amazing to make a deep playoff run.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Are we sure I'll need a new list to believe that

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

Last year and 2016.

What's wrong with your brain?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crescent Wrench posted:

What's wrong with your brain?

he's been stricken with terminal Gimmickposteritis

rip ParmesanBasil

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Carr's good enough that I wouldn't complain about having him, especially with how he's looked considering who's been coaching him so far. He's top 15 for sure, maybe even top 10.

Too bad he pissed off the refs so much that they go out of their way to screw him over.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Which over 30 QB would you rather have for the next 2 seasons (plus the rest of this one), Carr or Geno Smith?

And are they the two best QBs over 30?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Which over 30 QB would you rather have for the next 2 seasons (plus the rest of this one), Carr or Geno Smith?

And are they the two best QBs over 30?

Jimmy G

e: Tannehill is probably better than both Carr and Geno too

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd say Tannehill = Carr > Geno, but that's mainly because I want to see more than one season of Geno, plus he's kinda had more bad moments the past several weeks.

As a Titans fan though I'm happy with Tannehill (besides how he sucks in the playoffs) and wouldn't mind Carr if we had him.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mega64 posted:

I'd say Tannehill = Carr > Geno, but that's mainly because I want to see more than one season of Geno, plus he's kinda had more bad moments the past several weeks.

As a Titans fan though I'm happy with Tannehill (besides how he sucks in the playoffs) and wouldn't mind Carr if we had him.

Yeah Geno needs to do more than look ok for 2/3rds of one season

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

^i think it’s fair to say Geno is playing better than “ok”

Geno is playing unbelievably great ball relative to expectations but I need to see at least one full season of it before I’d take him over Tannehill or Carr.

E:fb lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

^i think it’s fair to say Geno is playing better than “ok”

Geno is playing unbelievably great ball relative to expectations but I need to see at least one full season of it before I’d take him over Tannehill or Carr.

E:fb lol

Would really appreciate Geno busting out a couple of 5 TD games over the next couple of weeks so I can crow about "NFC BEST QB" again.

Nov 6, 2002

Well he plays the Rams twice so there's a good chance.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

How far Seattle is overperforming expectations is wild. Their preseason win total was set at 5.5 on the book I just looked at and I thought they would easily go under. Instead they could very reasonably finish with 10. And you have to give a ton of the credit to Geno, he’s been legit great.

Makes you wonder what else Pete was right about :thunk:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

^yeah it’s nuts how they’ve exceeded the win total already.

Seattle’s rookie class has exceeded expectations to a comical level. Basically every pick from the first round through the fifth has been an immediately “good” player. Not just “good for a rookie”, but legitimately good.

Geno has exceeded expectations to a comical level.

Seattle has been relatively healthy.

Seattle has had a trash fire strength of schedule.

…with that said it took multiple goal line fumbles beat Denver and seattle has lost to some pretty bad teams too…

What a wild ride, mr Carroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah Kenneth Walker immediately balling the gently caress out as a rookie after Penny quickly and predictably died again has been huge for them, too.