Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
Tongue is one of my go-to orders at yakiniku too. Some negishio sauce and a bit of lemon juice and it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Tongue is great.

Stolen from the corporate thread:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Cow tongue is extremely blessed. When I talked about bacon being overrated, tongue was what I had in mind as far as an underrated meat. Lengua is my go to meat choice when I get tacos, burritos, and tortas.

Also, that's a really good price for beef tongue. I've heard white people talk about being so poor growing up that they had to eat beef tongue sandwiches and now it's a premium meat choice at Mexican restaurants and food trucks.

Curse tax:

That tongue expired in 2009.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Tomfoolery posted:

Tongue is great.

I was curious who got saddled with the lame "loyalist" type, but after looking at a few of these articles, the princesses are shuffled around in each one. Which... of course. A bunch of the traits apply to all of them.

But now I'm imagining protracted social media arguments between adult Disney fans about which corporate personality buzzword best fits their fav.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tomfoolery posted:

Tongue is great.

The graph just looks like Lisa Simpson's pointy head. Incidentally, those traits could also arguably apply to her.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

BasicLich posted:

i tried it once and it wasn't terrible, the texture and taste was great but if i was to cook it at home i would trim the tastebuds off because i swear to god it felt like i was french kissing that torta until i chewed up the chopped lengua

both my parents were poor growing up so if we complained about food when we were little we'd get hit with "at least you're not eating tongue"

then I actually tried lengua tacos and they kick rear end and I would nearly always get one in my taco order, until one time when I got one at a place I otherwise really like and they hadn't removed the tastebuds and all of a sudden I wasn't eating lengua, I was eating a loving cow's tongue

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

When I was a kid I actually liked liver. I have no idea how I survived to puberty.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Liquid Chicken posted:

Who doesn't like a little treat while riding the train?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhWIKqar5LU

The old Richard Stallman snack.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

lobsterminator posted:

The old Richard Stallman snack.

Ah, so that’s who the lucky lady is.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/E4tyGhJ.mp4

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
Rally round your family with a box full of those.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

A farting mink posted:

Rally round your family with a box full of those.

:lmao:

What the gently caress are those things? Juvenile giant isopods?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Packing peanut science has gone too far!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
3d doritos

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

Beat me to it - I was going to say they looked like remarkably smooth isopods. Smooth like sharks.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mister Speaker posted:

Isopuppies:3:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Blessed. :3:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

We called 'em sand crabs; when we were kids, we'd dig them up on the beach, near the tide-line, all the time. They don't bite & can't pinch.

No idea why someone would collect a boxful of them, though

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

PainterofCrap posted:

We called 'em sand crabs;

Thanks for this, I'm an inverebrate zoologist and was about to waste my morning trying to find a frame in that video where I can actually see one good enough to tell what it was.

They are decapod crustaceans, just like regular crabs, but belong to the group Anomura where oddly shaped crabs like spider crabs, snow crabs and hermit crabs belong. The scientific name is Emerita.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
And yet you claim to be an axolotl farmer, what a fraud

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

axolotl farmer posted:

Thanks for this, I'm an inverebrate zoologist and was about to waste my morning trying to find a frame in that video where I can actually see one good enough to tell what it was.

They are decapod crustaceans, just like regular crabs, but belong to the group Anomura where oddly shaped crabs like spider crabs, snow crabs and hermit crabs belong. The scientific name is Emerita.
Did they used to look like regular crabs and get weird, or are these a pre-crab crab, or did they and regular looking crabs fork off from something that looked like neither?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Splicer posted:

Did they used to look like regular crabs and get weird, or are these a pre-crab crab, or did they and regular looking crabs fork off from something that looked like neither?

The ancestral body shape for a decapod is streched out like shrimp, crayfish and lobsters. Evolving a crab-like body shape is called carcinisation and has happened at least five times in decapod crustaceans. Sand crabs's closest relatives are king crabs and hermit crabs. Their ancestors were probably more lobster-like.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

axolotl farmer posted:

The ancestral body shape for a decapod is streched out like shrimp, crayfish and lobsters. Evolving a crab-like body shape is called carcinisation and has happened at least five times in decapod crustaceans. Sand crabs's closest relatives are king crabs and hermit crabs. Their ancestors were probably more lobster-like.
Thanks! Yeah I knew about carcinisation which is why I was curious if these guys were innocents yet to see the truth or heretics who had experienced yet abandoned God's true perfect form.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
We call them sand fleas in NC, and you can buy special sifters called sand flea rakes to dig them out of the sand because they apparently make good bait.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

axolotl farmer posted:

that must suck

do you use like a corset or something if you need to stand up straight?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

ChubbyChecker posted:

that must suck

do you use like a corset or something if you need to stand up straight?

I have a pretty good endoskeleton.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Slugworth posted:

We call them sand fleas in NC, and you can buy special sifters called sand flea rakes to dig them out of the sand because they apparently make good bait.

yea same, back when i grew up at FL beaches we would dig them up for fishing bait

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

PainterofCrap posted:

We called 'em sand crabs; when we were kids, we'd dig them up on the beach, near the tide-line, all the time. They don't bite & can't pinch.

They are also known as mole crabs. I use to find them at the tide-line on the beaches of Maryland and Delaware.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Not like going down the pond chasing bluegills and tommycods

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

Maybe an aquarium collected them for an exhibit/food for animals?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They have to bring em inside every winter so they don't get too cold. Sounds like a lot of you have never lived out by a coast.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:nws: It's-a-me, Goatse Guy! :nws:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Was going to go find the Sonic version but no way am I going to have “Sonic gaping” in my browser search history at work

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PainterofCrap posted:

Because they're tasty. People cook them and eat them.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Phanatic posted:

Because they're tasty. People cook them and eat them.

I watched a guy cook and eat some on youtube and remember him being pretty unimpressed, do you mean people eat them the way some people eat cicadas, like they're technically edible but why

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Haverchuck posted:

I watched a guy cook and eat some on youtube and remember him being pretty unimpressed, do you mean people eat them the way some people eat cicadas, like they're technically edible but why

They're street food in a number of countries. I don't see them as being much different than shrimp except they burrow instead of swim. I've heard them described as similar to softshell crab poppers.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

When I was a kid on vacation in Florida, I went sifting for shark teeth at the beach. I'd scoop those little buggers up and toss 'em to the seagulls. They snapped them up like popcorn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh so THAT'S why