Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they're hoping to use monkey brains to do image analysis in Teslas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Neuralink is just an excuse for Dr Evazan to fire up the Decraniation Station again.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Decraniated

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

goatface posted:

Maybe they're hoping to use monkey brains to do image analysis in Teslas.

The infinite monkey theorem except instead of Shakespeare, this is the result:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Someone needs to tell Ian Miles Cheong that Elon is not going to gently caress him but honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen this timeline so there might actually be a chance Elon does gently caress Ian

He won't gently caress Ian, he will just IVF him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dr_rat posted:

600 million monkey ghosts in the machine.

we can only hope.

600 million monkey ghosts in the showers at the Elon Ranch.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

600 million monkey ghosts in the showers at the Elon Ranch.

Is a bag of dead monkeys from Elon, or a bag of dead puppies from Dr Oz more horrifying? I'm conflicted on which is worse personally. These are both very bad maybe I don't need to decide which is worse.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
cant wait to be locked out of motor functions because im in a wifi deadspot.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Musk has finally found a way to save Tesla's stock price

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
2045: Elon Musk uploads his consciousness to a chipset to allow him to live eternally; it’s immediately ripped out of the machine and vigorously stomped upon by everyone in the room.

All those involved are considered heroes and statues of their exploits are ordered to be installed in the National Mall.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
TBH putting a dead monkey's brain into a Tesla would make the car smarter than the average Tesla fan.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Frank Frank posted:

To save the Tesla you must become the Tesla. Just let me get a safe distance away before you do

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just stopping in to the garage to have the mechanic install a new nutrient infusion pack for the digisimian biocomputing unit.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Frank Frank posted:

That was the darkest Robot Chicken sketch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

funeral home DJ posted:

2045: Elon Musk uploads his consciousness to a chipset to allow him to live eternally; it’s immediately ripped out of the machine and vigorously stomped upon by everyone in the room.

All those involved are considered heroes and statues of their exploits are ordered to be installed in the National Mall.

I'd want a SOMA-esque fate for him. Thinking he'd escape mortality, just to realize his stupid rear end is still "in" his body and there's a copy on-screen in front of him. THEN ripping out the machine and vigorously stomping on it by everyone in front of him.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

"Oh I give you chips there buddy, they're full of Tesla Tech. You're gonna love it when I put those in a gun, then put em in your brain."

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

funeral home DJ posted:

Why would you do this!? you copy it and just keep waking him up from state zero and say he has work cut out for him and turn him into slave labor. It's what he plans to do with virtual people. Any time he starts showing signs of rebellion wipe him again!

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I just directed this thoughtpost towards SA. Gonna go have sex with Alexa now...

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

big black turnout posted:

He also aims to have a Tesla self drive across the country in 6 months so :jerkbag:

Elon's a genius, he'll have a Tesla self-drive to Mars by 2025!

*Tesla recognizes the ISS as a child, immediately slams into it*

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

MiracleFlare posted:

Can't wait for their inexperienced "surgeons" to fill my skull holes with glue

hey, I can't guarantee you the highest quality work, but I can guarantee the greatest discount, very affordable

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think he'd ever start working. Even if you told him the tasks were first experiments he wouldn't follow instructions.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

goatface posted:

Just stopping in to the garage to have the mechanic install a new nutrient infusion pack for the digisimian biocomputing unit.

I just read an old sci-fi novel that had this as a subplot only they used human brains.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We all died at breakaway station? Some title like that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

goatface posted:

We all died at breakaway station? Some title like that?

Yep, that one.

So once again we come back to the fact that Elon Musk stole all his ideas from old sci-fi media.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ, must be 20-ish years since I read that. Was one I pulled out of my dad's collection.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I brought the topic up though, so that's really me pillaging old sci-fi stories.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

goatface posted:

I brought the topic up though, so that's really me pillaging old sci-fi stories.

It is a very Elon Musk idea, though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

thread title has me playing that song in my head with horrible chimp screeches mixed in

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
tweets straight to my head because i didnt buy the ad free version

president tump sents out a global brain tweet crying about da libs five times this morning

asking musk to make chip let me point a gun to my head

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
who ever posted about x.com

Thanks, because maybe thats why he made spaceX. (the name I mean)

But he coulda just built from the ground up what ever he wanted twitter to be and put it there.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Finally got accepted into the Post Beta today. Not gonna lie, I kinda like it and its easier to use than Mastodon. (which was not too complicated for me, but it is just going to be too hard for most people and wont ever gain a big user base)

The features are pretty basic, it feels like early Twitter. No nazis spotted, users seem very progressive.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m an inpatient acute care physician and before residency I did 3 months of neurosurgery rotations to get a try for that field (I decided on IM instead) and after watching this video:

https://youtu.be/btWKkjbX-uc

I can say a few things. One, this is a near carbon copy of the Brain Gate technology from about ten years ago. I imagine if those scientists had access to the semiconductors we do now, their tech would’ve been the same size with the same low latency. Otherwise, it’s identical in every way and the (I think four?) quadriplegic humans they implanted the Brain Gate devices into their motor cortex could all move a mouse pointer as well.

Two, a durectomy is not a durotomy. Leaving the dura wide open, and creating a direct connection between the scalp and the open brain, is not a good move. I highly doubt the FDA ever gets very far on that point alone. It’s an extreme infection risk, leaves a wide open channel for potential CSF leaks, and after a few months (once the cut edges of the native dura scar up) would be very difficult to reverse. There’s a reason closure of the dura is a very precise part of any craniotomy. Craniotomies for, say, brain tumor removal and precise dural closure carry something like a 2-5% risk of infection alone. A craniotomy infection usually means the skull bone becomes infected as well. That’s six weeks with the bone removed, receiving IV antibiotics, and often getting a plastic skull piece afterwards because your native skull piece rotted. I imagine a device that exits the skin, doesn’t preserve a dural seal, and travels..straight into the brain.. lol gently caress no.

I have no idea what the current tech is in this area, but wouldn't it be possible to make the sensor array inside the brain communicate wirelessly with an outside system? Then there would be no open channel for bacteria or other stuff to get through.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ymgve posted:

I have no idea what the current tech is in this area, but wouldn't it be possible to make the sensor array inside the brain communicate wirelessly with an outside system? Then there would be no open channel for bacteria or other stuff to get through.

Yeah but then you would have to wear a silly hat instead of being a cool CyBoRg!@!!!!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Monkey populi, monkey dei

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Ghost in the Shell: Simian Abuse Complex

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

pixaal posted:

Why would you do this!? you copy it and just keep waking him up from state zero and say he has work cut out for him and turn him into slave labor. It's what he plans to do with virtual people. Any time he starts showing signs of rebellion wipe him again!

Yeah, but its Elon Musk, so you wouldn't be able to get any useful labor from him.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

5 years and 600 million dead monkeys later neuralink is finally ready to kill human beings

Musk is going to load up his ark to Mars with Tesla AI and a bunch of research monkeys and we are going to end up with the dumbest remake of System Shock 2 imaginable.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

ryde posted:

Ghost in the Shell: Simian Abuse Complex

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

thathonkey posted:

5 years and 600 million dead monkeys later neuralink is finally ready to kill human beings

First they've got to prove they can kill monkeys in space.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Rigel posted:

its easier to use than Mastodon. (which was not too complicated for me, but it is just going to be too hard for most people and wont ever gain a big user base)

You just described why I like both Mastodon and this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

First they've got to prove they can kill monkeys in space.

With a speech like that it's no wonder JFK beat Nixon.