Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Even if the prices are reasonable I hope all the people screaming bloody murder about the cash shop does get them to reconsider and change it, because a buy what you want when you want to cash shop thats not tied to unwieldy bundles of premium currency would be better for the game.

Also lots of attention being placed on the 5 weapons missing from the roster, but I think the bigger omission of this just being an early access drop is not having any finale mission.

e: Oh is the fluff lore the weapons used to have still around anywhere in game, it seems like the new stats screen replaced it.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Ohhhhh, so that explains why I was eating poo poo so often yesterday as Sharpshooter with a purple and a blue curio adding toughness.

Even without toughness curios, anything over 100 toughness at all makes you take full damage ticks lmao.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Even if the prices are reasonable I hope all the people screaming bloody murder about the cash shop does get them to reconsider and change it, because a buy what you want when you want to cash shop thats not tied to unwieldy bundles of premium currency would be better for the game.

Also lots of attention being placed on the 5 weapons missing from the roster, but I think the bigger omission of this just being an early access drop is not having any finale mission.

e: Oh is the fluff lore the weapons used to have still around anywhere in game, it seems like the new stats screen replaced it.

On the subject of a final mission it is weird that there is no mission/story progression and everything is just unlocked, as far as i can tell, randomly on the mission board.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

CM mentioned they are working on a “just buy the amount for this bundle” button but who knows when that’ll be in.

And no we seem to have lost the weapon fluff entirely.

Molrok
May 30, 2011

I suppose having the weapons peddler be further away than the Premium Cosmetics vendor is an acceptable tradeoff since they could have easily made the FOMO invade your mind during character selection.

The new Throne tileset feels kinda off, lots of empty spaces and enemy spawns are so far away from the route that you just gun 'em down easily. Guess I'll see how it plays on Damnation once my crew is up for it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Molnija posted:

I suppose having the weapons peddler be further away than the Premium Cosmetics vendor is an acceptable tradeoff since they could have easily made the FOMO invade your mind during character selection.

The new Throne tileset feels kinda off, lots of empty spaces and enemy spawns are so far away from the route that you just gun 'em down easily. Guess I'll see how it plays on Damnation once my crew is up for it.

The difficulty in general seems to be off/have been tweaked some, at least from what I've been seeing. 3 plays like 2 and 4 plays like 3 did in the pre-order period.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Orv posted:

The difficulty in general seems to be off/have been tweaked some, at least from what I've been seeing. 3 plays like 2 and 4 plays like 3 did in the pre-order period.

except if you have a group of 3-4 veterans then 2 plays like 3 ;)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

no context post from the steam forum

quote:

My argument was that it would be more logically consistent if it was the norm for women to be used as baby factories, to provide more soldiers and slave labour to the Emperor's Realm.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Martout posted:

except if you have a group of 3-4 veterans then 2 plays like 3 ;)

Sounds like puny non-Ogryn problems to me, friend.

E: Though I will say for the patch notes saying they supposedly turned down the ability to spawn multiple of the same special the game sure does love giving me three snipers at once.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 1, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It's me

I'm the psyker that took until level 15 to find out that Quelling while in brainpop mode does in fact not cost health, like V2 venting. I thought you could only quell without losing HP by quelling on a force sword or staff, so i kept doing this brainpops => switch to staff to quell => brainpops loop.

Sure is a lot easier this way.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Fishstick posted:

It's me

I'm the psyker that took until level 15 to find out that Quelling while in brainpop mode does in fact not cost health, like V2 venting. I thought you could only quell without losing HP by quelling on a force sword or staff, so i kept doing this brainpops => switch to staff to quell => brainpops loop.

Sure is a lot easier this way.

Unless you take a feat for it, you move fastest quelling with a staff out. And I think you vent faster with a staff too

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Are randoms in this game generally chill? I never really played vermintide 1 or 2 and I have weird online social anxiety but drat does this game look cool.

Honestly most of the people in voice have been massive warhammer nerds (in a good way, not a smug way) and a lot of fun. It’s been pleasantly surprising. And like one of the other goons said, there’s no penalty on bailing on shitters should you happen to find one.

There’s always the goon discord, too. Every goon but one I’ve played with has been super chill (and I get the feeling that the one that wasn’t just wasn’t having a good day, not that that was situation normal for them).

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

New hotfix is out, toughness is not fixed yet; "It's solved internally and slated to roll out soon."

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Thanks to trying to run for that "don't ever get hit in melee" penance I barely noticed the toughness changes anyway :v: so I was just running malice last night.

Definitely got one shot when i tried a 5 game.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Been playing all day, for all its problems including 3-4 crashes mid game for me, it's been quite fun. Enjoying Ogryn with shield quite a bit and got to level 15.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

BrotherJayne posted:

Unless you take a feat for it, you move fastest quelling with a staff out. And I think you vent faster with a staff too

Quelling with a staff or sword still slows you down some without the feat but yeah is faster than with the brain pop equipped

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Are you even psykering if you actually move places instead of side dodging everywhere

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

terrorist ambulance posted:

Quelling with a staff or sword still slows you down some without the feat but yeah is faster than with the brain pop equipped

I think every staff has a quelling speed modifier on it wheras force swords don't, so even the worst staff should quell faster than anything else.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

tehinternet posted:

Honestly most of the people in voice have been massive warhammer nerds (in a good way, not a smug way) and a lot of fun. It’s been pleasantly surprising. And like one of the other goons said, there’s no penalty on bailing on shitters should you happen to find one.

There’s always the goon discord, too. Every goon but one I’ve played with has been super chill (and I get the feeling that the one that wasn’t just wasn’t having a good day, not that that was situation normal for them).

I had no idea voice even worked. I never heard anyone talk. I guess playing from eu we find even less people willing to use voice due to language.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

hemale in pain posted:

no context post from the steam forum

huh, didn't know Edward Sallow had a steam account

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Orv posted:

CM mentioned they are working on a “just buy the amount for this bundle” button but who knows when that’ll be in.

And no we seem to have lost the weapon fluff entirely.

I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath because the package deals are a very well proven method of boosting sales, and basically every modern cash shop game does it unless it's a gatcha game where you're buying pulls.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sharkopath posted:

There is literally a chaos spawn referenced and shown multiple times in the intro movie movie that plays every time you start the game and that didn't make it in. Just like, a ton of "why didn't this make it in?" on display.

Like, they basically could of just dropped it in from Vermintide unaltered.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

tehinternet posted:

The vast majority of players are fine or minimally interactive. Whenever I get a multi-ogryn party they are happy to do silly text RP (WE'LL PROTECT YA BOSS). I have had a few weird whiners and racist/sexist trolls. There's a vote kick option you can use in the social menu but it's kind of hard to get that going and have everyone be able to click the yes/no pop up when you're continuously assaulted by enemies.

There's also a block function that says it prevents matchmaking, but you have to remember to do it before you leave the game because you might not see the same player in the Mourningstar after the mission, and the "previous missions" social menu does not appear to function properly.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath because the package deals are a very well proven method of boosting sales, and basically every modern cash shop game does it unless it's a gatcha game where you're buying pulls.

Entirely fair.

For my part I've only had good interactions in the pre-order period and release. Some people hop on voice after I do to ask someone to please grab a medkit or something like that, some people start using chat more but even on lost matches everyone is typically chill. There was a lot of back and forth outside SA of "Why on earth would they say the scoreboard would make people toxic I've never seen that in XXX hours of VT2" and I actually saw it several times in just 90-ish hours of VT2 but so far in Darktide I haven't seen a single person being lovely aside from a couple extremely gamer names.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

DeathSandwich posted:

There is literally a chaos spawn referenced and shown multiple times in the intro movie movie that plays every time you start the game and that didn't make it in. Just like, a ton of "why didn't this make it in?" on display.

Like, they basically could of just dropped it in from Vermintide unaltered.

I still suspect they have a drip feed roadmap. I doubt the chaos spawn was unimplemetably broken or that that they just forgot that their main trailer includes one. I just think that "full release" was an arbitrary line in the sand for "beyond this date, we won't do any significant resets". Crafting isn't fully implemented, there's a bunch of closed doors on the ship, etc.

It'd be dumb to make it DLC, but I get it on the drip feed. As much as players act like they're being robbed, "hey there's a new thing" gets them coming back.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I'm happy to report that game still works just fine on my deck, just like though beta. Well, other than a weird minor graphical glitch I was getting, but I think it's because I didn't turn volumetric fog off.

Meaty-Lumpkins is having a great time smashing the littles.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Explosionface posted:

Meaty-Lumpkins is having a great time smashing the littles.

That's a four syllable name. You monster.

E: Also shoutout to my friend who thanked everyone for holding the line at the bridge so he could get his grenade achievement but forgot to thank me, the Ogryn, who was the only one actually holding the bridge.

Motherfucker's roleplayin'

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

dogstile posted:

E: Also shoutout to my friend who thanked everyone for holding the line at the bridge so he could get his grenade achievement but forgot to thank me, the Ogryn, who was the only one actually holding the bridge.

Motherfucker's roleplayin'

He was called it enough growing up on his little frontier world he was able to memorize it. :colbert:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Next time I see a teammate spinning in place, jumping into the wall repeatedly face first, and shooting sporadically everywhere but into the enemies I'll suddenly remember this game is apparently playable on steam deck

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
My only level 30 is a vet, I feel like a liability to my teamates right now thanks to this toughness bug. One or two hits from regular zombies literally chunks my HP through my toughness.

I went back to the plasma rifle from the XII. I got a bad roll on the XII and with its garbage stability it jumps a lot whiles ADS'ing.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

Next time I see a teammate spinning in place, jumping into the wall repeatedly face first, and shooting sporadically everywhere but into the enemies I'll suddenly remember this game is apparently playable on steam deck

Yeah. Explains a lot. :allears:

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Im sad to say Power Sword seems to have been toned down a bit. You can no longer sweep through just anything with the secondary skill active, it gets stuck in about 8-9 poxwalkers or 4-5 of the helmeted guys with machetes. This is on Heresy difficulty so might just be that they beefed up Heresy enemies.

Still the best weapon out there but it no longer cuts through anything like a hot knife through butter.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BombiTheZombie posted:

Im sad to say Power Sword seems to have been toned down a bit. You can no longer sweep through just anything with the secondary skill active, it gets stuck in about 8-9 poxwalkers or 4-5 of the helmeted guys with machetes. This is on Heresy difficulty so might just be that they beefed up Heresy enemies.

Still the best weapon out there but it no longer cuts through anything like a hot knife through butter.

Indeed, it still kills a lot and does it fast but it doesn't seem to be quite as powerful.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

dogstile posted:

My ogryn is Stump Beefknob.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Really all the Dave Ryder names work. I went with a variant on "Big McLargeHuge" myself

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I had Slab-Bulkhead. But I changed it to Karl and did my best to make him look like a Dwarf.

Rock and Stone brothers for the Emp'Rah!!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of, my DRG-playing friends keep hitting V hoping for a "For the Emperor" shout but no luck :haw:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am just kind of baffled that we can't use spaces or even underscores in our names.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Angry_Ed posted:

Speaking of, my DRG-playing friends keep hitting V hoping for a "For the Emperor" shout but no luck :haw:

marshmallow creep posted:

I am just kind of baffled that we can't use spaces or even underscores in our names.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah we need spaces and the ability to rename characters