Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Sebastian Flyte posted:

I don't suppose there's any lore regarding the lower anatomy of Exos - like, if Exo dudes actually have dicks, what was the particular reason why Clovis Bray gave them dicks? Other than the obvious "deranged scientist craves hot robot cock."

And since we are on the subject, if the Eliksni have four eyes and four arms, do they also have two dicks?

Sorry, it's the last week of the season and I have absolutely nothing better to do than thinking about space dicks.

There was a Braytech terminal in one of the Mars lost sectors that would play a voice line saying, among other things, “Even though Exos have no need to eat, drink, or reproduce, recreating these needs in the Exo body drastically reduces the risk of DER [Dissociative Exomind Rejection].” So presumably they have all the necessary parts.

No word on what Eliksni have, or if they even Do It in a way humans would recognize. About all we know is they lay eggs and I think they mate for life (or Eramis and Athrys are outliers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

The main point (IMO) of all that "exo bodies need to feel EXACTLY like human bodies otherwise the mind rejects it!" is to establish that human consciousness requires darkness. Whether this is because sentience in general comes from darkness, or because humanity is the special darkness race, we don't know.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
fun(?) fact:

Most exo got an 'off the rack' kind of template body, that didn't perfectly match their biological body ie. slightly different heights, etc.

Exception was Elsie, who got a custom one that matched exactly.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You guys didn't know Exos hosed?

What did you think Rasputin created the Sexual Intimacy Vibrating Apparatuses for...

I guess it was more of a D1 thing

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sebastian Flyte posted:

I don't suppose there's any lore regarding the lower anatomy of Exos - like, if Exo dudes actually have dicks, what was the particular reason why Clovis Bray gave them dicks? Other than the obvious "deranged scientist craves hot robot cock."

There is, as others have mentioned. The nude Exo bodies in the Clovis Bray facilities are generic ones that have not had personalities or genitalia installed yet, but Exos definitely gently caress and have the equipment to do so.

Roctavian posted:

The main point (IMO) of all that "exo bodies need to feel EXACTLY like human bodies otherwise the mind rejects it!" is to establish that human consciousness requires darkness. Whether this is because sentience in general comes from darkness, or because humanity is the special darkness race, we don't know.

It was to establish that Exos need to be able to recognize their bodies as "theirs", as evidenced by the experiment with giving an Exo some extra arms: everything went fine until he noticed that he had more arms than he should've and he promptly had a meltdown. The denatured radiolaria that Clovis used to simulate brain juice was because Clovis is a hack and not actually good enough to make his own fake brain juice, and using it also happened to inflict every Exo with the Long Slow Whisper as the process wasn't perfect and left 0.1% Vex active within the liquid. This is why Exos eventually go insane and require rebooting - they're slowly being converted into Vex and that fucks up their Human thought patterns extremely badly after a certain point.

The "Darkness/Light as fundamental elements" is mostly hooey and related to the Awoken, not the Exos.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The Final Shape is an all-out, all-species gently caress orgy in the city. One mass, one shape.

The story after the shape is the awkwardness because everyone totally thought they were all getting killed and whoops, nope, now it's business as usual but it's getting really difficult to ask Rahool for Prisms now.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

that reminded me i need to go bother rahool for an orange, thanks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I imagine a human / exo sex thing is little like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1SBU_oV-Q

Not work safe - its a music video of Neoslave - DigiSexDreams. Not exactly explicit but I have no idea what your boss is like.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
So the real question is, do Exo lips have a "soft, kissable" setting? I'll take my answer off the air.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We all saw the answer to that the first time we logged in after reset

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Bungie has been loving everyone electronically for at least 3 seasons now, so we know the technology exists

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you can gently caress an exo then you can probably also gently caress telesto.

This is troubling and alarming, if true.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Why the hell do Exo women have chests at all? They are robots!

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 1, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

They're also like, human consciousness put into robots who need darkness juice or something so their minds don't reject their exo bodies. Having a body that roughly matches what you expect you should have is probably helpful/important to the transfer process?

Also you say that like people wouldn't excitedly opt in to having robot tits.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1598361342804574208

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:thunk:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Division x Destiny would be more fitting but AC is cool I guess

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What we really need is SPACE MARINE armor in the game for titans.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Destiny is now only one franchise removed from a potential Destiny x Final Fantasy collab

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I find it kinda weird that the exo promptly freaked out once they found out they had four arms. I mean, at least give it a shot first. I bet the exo they gave a bigger dick to didn't immediately melt down as soon as they found out.

If I was gonna freak out about anything it'd be the fact that the faces don't look even remotely like a natural human face.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Asylum needs to come back SO BAD.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Forward_Bee posted:

So the real question is, do Exo lips have a "soft, kissable" setting? I'll take my answer off the air.

Car exhaust with a film of motor oil applied.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

Where else do you put the batteries? Not the butt, that's where the charging port is.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Reading the TWAB, I'm making several predictions:

Seraph rounds are going to be on new weapons next season, and lucent finisher is a returning seasonal mod. So next season is going to be Warmind vs Hive themed.

Airborne effectiveness is reworked to be way more effective on primary weapons, and heavy sniper rifles have buffed AE for some reason. So this is in preparation for Lightfall, where strand's Spiderman swinging and more vertically oriented level design are going to make midair gunfights much more common.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

quote:

The Prospector has surprisingly high burst damage, but ultimately doesn't excel enough at add clear or DPS for it to have a secure place. With the below change, it is substantially more effective at add clear, though we will continue to monitor when it’s live in-game:

Added Chain Reaction to the intrinsic perk.

lmao the dynamite digging gun now makes the stuff you kill more dynamite that is really good

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

twab posted:

We've also been looking for a way to help D.A.R.C.I. players

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Kinda funny that we'll be getting a seasonal stasis sword (craftable, with enhanced perks), during the season that gives us the limited time Dawning stasis sword (with random rolls, no enhanced perks)

FlapYoJacks posted:

Humans are unique among primates, in that breasts are permanently enlarged and not just while in estrus. Exo chassis have to feel 'familiar' so it makes sense that some would have a rockin' set of jugs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Professor Beetus posted:

Destiny is now only one franchise removed from a potential Destiny x Final Fantasy collab

Behemoth raid :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

The Monochromatic Maestro mod in the class item slot rewards you generously for using weapons and subclasses that match their damage types.

I guess they got tired of subtly encouraging single element builds and are just loudly demanding you do it now

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Servers back down for anyone else?

E: Currently alternating between weaseling and refusing to matchmake.

E2: https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1598437647768498178?t=Xn2usB7JaP441FylRtiV0w&s=19

Cool, not just me then.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 2, 2022

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Zenos would find a way to gain the Light just to punch you in the face with it.

"A TEST OF YOUR REFLEXES" you hear as the boss charges you, before your body ragdolls into dust.

FF14 crossover would be great, though. And I know it would never happen, but NIER crossover.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

How do they gently caress up so spectacularly so often, and no info on next season other than the tiniest bs hints to boot. Lmao :bungie:

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Look if I could get a new shiny set of boobs that didn't require the daily tyranny of a bra to wrangle, I would be very happy.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

PathAsc posted:

How do they gently caress up so spectacularly so often, and no info on next season other than the tiniest bs hints to boot. Lmao :bungie:
lots of people probably preordered all the seasons with witch queen so there's not a lot of reason to promote it

the people who didn't preorder will probably see the trailer when it drops, say "cool" and pay :10bux:

no real reason for a multiweek promo campaign

the low playercount is normal towards the end of a season and will pick up again next week

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PathAsc posted:

They like keeping it a surprise until the day before. The seraph rounds rework and comment on it is a pretty big hint, though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So like, all the stuff you used to buy with planetary materials is now going to cost none of those but more glimmer and/or legendary marks right, so if I have an exotic cypher and fuckloads of planetary mats, I may as well buy an exotic that seems cool and good before the new season? I already bought a bunch of ascendant shards but can't buy anymore cause cores are the bottleneck now and there's no way to just buy those.

I did finish out the season pass pretty easily in the end, finishing off the season story got me most of the way there and then I just did a few strikes to get Cry Mutiny and the challenge for getting that and that carried me through two levels to 101. Kinda wishing I hadn't bought the full year of Witch Queen back in Feb cause I will feel obligated to play this next season just to finish that season pass as well.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Honestly don't worry about playing it if you don't want to! Doing something for 20 hours just to make the most of $10 is really putting a poor price on the worth of your time if you aren't enjoying it.

I bounced hard off this season because pirates but I mostly did the stuff that was enjoyable. There is always a better gun coming along. FOMO in Destiny is an illusion.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

lots of people probably preordered all the seasons with witch queen so there's not a lot of reason to promote it

the people who didn't preorder will probably see the trailer when it drops, say "cool" and pay :10bux:

no real reason for a multiweek promo campaign

the low playercount is normal towards the end of a season and will pick up again next week

True enough, just annoying since it's one of the few games I have enjoyed long term.

Republicans posted:

They like keeping it a surprise until the day before. The seraph rounds rework and comment on it is a pretty big hint, though.

True, I know, but goddamn.

I'm mad online time to touch grass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

DancingShade posted:

Car exhaust with a film of motor oil applied.

Just don't gently caress the carexo hot.