Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

External Organs posted:

I only got past the first act/opening town of eastward and the sheet amount of weird dialogue turned me way off*. The pixel art is really good though.

*I've never played earthbound so I have zero nostalgia for that type of thing if that's what it's imping

When eastward was like an timed exclusive for Nintendo switch I saw a lot of people talk about it and a huge amount of the complaints is how much dialog is in the system and there is a massive amount of walking back and forth between places just to advance the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ineffiable posted:

When eastward was like an timed exclusive for Nintendo switch I saw a lot of people talk about it and a huge amount of the complaints is how much dialog is in the system and there is a massive amount of walking back and forth between places just to advance the story.

Yeah, pretty much. It needs a good editor imo. Some people did love it though. Gamepass keeps winning etc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the impression I got was that it was one of those games that started with great word of mouth because it has a huge amount of initial appeal but it doesn't hold up over a complete playthrough. Should try it though

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 1, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

Am I remembering right that people were saying that Hot Wheels game is really difficult?
I think it's a pretty standard arcade racer. It has difficulty settings but I'm not sure if those actually change the par times or if it's just the AI.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

acksplode posted:

Deedlit Lodoss Labyrinth Record War is only a few hours long and doesn't do anything all that special for the genre

I disagree, I think it's mechanically interesting with its pseudo Ikaruga mechanic. I wish more metroidvanias incorporated ways to heal that isn't either items or praying you find a save room.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I liked that mechanic too but I just don't want to oversell the experience. Doing one at least one interesting thing is just table stakes IMO. It's a short game that kept me engaged and looks and sounds really good, that's about as much as I'll hype it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

firewatch is really old news and anyone that would like it has likely already played it anyway, but nevertheless if it seems like something you might like and you've yet to play it somehow, please play it. it's the best walking simulator (aside from what remains of edith finch).

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

acksplode posted:

I liked that mechanic too but I just don't want to oversell the experience. Doing one at least one interesting thing is just table stakes IMO. It's a short game that kept me engaged and looks and sounds really good, that's about as much as I'll hype it.

Fair enough, I agree that it wasn't a revelation, I just thought you were underselling it;

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm a total loving sucker for Metroidvanias and Deedlit was a very solid one of those. Heartily recommend it, even if it got too difficult for me to actually beat.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

My pentagram only build is definitely the stupidest build I've done. It's incredibly inefficient, requires you to move around, and still results in slow downs.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My pentagram only build is definitely the stupidest build I've done. It's incredibly inefficient, requires you to move around, and still results in slow downs.

I'm lazy as hell and loved builds with Gorgeous Moon and the arcana that moves everything to you each 2 minutes, so I would never miss an exp gem.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

smh if you dont already own DQ11 outright on some platform or another

yeah I hosed up, installed DQ11 on my PC like six months ago and then proceeded to never touch it because of everything else I was playing :( Ah well, maybe it'll come back onto the service in the future.

Also I just started playing Deep Rock Galactic just because it was one of the Game Pass quests last week with zero expectations and it's all I've played this week, it's a lot of fun.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

smh if you dont already own DQ11 outright on some platform or another
I own it on Steam but only the original version and Game Pass has the S version, which is where my most recent playthrough is sitting at the beginning of the "post game" waiting for me to one day revisit it. :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best walksim is SOMA

depending on if that counts but i always need to plug SOMA which is great

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the best walksim is SOMA

depending on if that counts but i always need to plug SOMA which is great

It's real good. I gotta play it again sometime

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1598438156537597952

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Any word on whether Hello Neighbor 2 is better than the first?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Be sure to check out the games for gold Colt canyon. It's actually really good.

There's a blood amount option that goes up to 200%.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 1, 2022

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Monster Hunter on gamepass would be pog. hope it’s true. I literally just bought it on switch but 4K/60 is what’s up

Just looked at the coming soon section on my Xbox and Monster Hunter Rise is listed there now. Coming on 01/20.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How exactly is Monster Hunter Rise different from a mainline entry?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lammasu posted:

How exactly is Monster Hunter Rise different from a mainline entry?

It's not but it's also v important to make the distinction

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'll definitely check out monster hunter. I've never played one, just heard about them a ton on this forum and other places.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Rise pwns. Be ready to lose 300 hours of your life.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

American McGay posted:

Rise pwns. Be ready to lose 300 hours of your life.

How's it compare to Monster Hunter World? That game was probably one of my favorites of all time.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Rise is more streamlined. Some people hate that and prefer the slow approach of World, personally I loved that Rise respects your time a lot more. It's got plenty of interesting monsters and most things are better than World.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I started playing Immortal and got to my first Crazy God Damned poo poo moment.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

elf help book posted:

Am I remembering right that people were saying that Hot Wheels game is really difficult?

there's no rubberbanding so even one gently caress-up and it's difficult to get caught up to the front. you can adjust the difficulty to a certain extent but it's kind of a brutal game to play

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DR AIDS posted:

How's it compare to Monster Hunter World? That game was probably one of my favorites of all time.

Rise is a lot more open due to the movement mechanics. The maps are less detailed but much less annoying to traverse

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a somewhat "new" (i.e. first time away from PC/Switch) release MonHun for Gamepass is legit fuckin insane, cannot wait to play in glorious 120 fps. Hope it sets a precedent for the next one getting the same treatment on current gen consoles. ALL those Lego games for free next week is also insane.

I'm hoping Darktide's PC Gamepass status carries over to console---idk if it was mentioned whether or not the Xbox version would also be Gamepass eligible.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It is, console version just launches later

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DLC Inc posted:

a somewhat "new" (i.e. first time away from PC/Switch) release MonHun for Gamepass is legit fuckin insane, cannot wait to play in glorious 120 fps. Hope it sets a precedent for the next one getting the same treatment on current gen consoles. ALL those Lego games for free next week is also insane.

I'm hoping Darktide's PC Gamepass status carries over to console---idk if it was mentioned whether or not the Xbox version would also be Gamepass eligible.

The Lego games seem like a massive get. I haven't really played any of them but I certainly will for free!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

The Lego games seem like a massive get. I haven't really played any of them but I certainly will for free!

It is an absurdly huge game. Very fun co-op, kinda janky at times.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I only saw Skywalker Saga added, are more Lego games coming on at the same time?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Skywalker Saga is a remaster + compilation of like 5 old Lego Star Wars games.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

American McGay posted:

From my understanding it’s a remake not a remaster. (I doubt these can be exactly defined.)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

American McGay posted:

Oh, I somehow didn't realize that. I thought it was a ground-up new game, I'm actually less interested if it's a remaster of the 2000s game, I remember The Complete Saga which was already a remaster onto the PS3/360 gen.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I haven't played the whole thing but halfway through Phantom Menace I would describe it as a new game adapting the same source material rather than any sort of remake or remaster. They're both using the Lego Star Wars license but so far it doesn't seem like a remake of the original game at all.

e: like Super Star Wars on the Super NES was not a remake or remaster of Star Wars on the NES

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 2, 2022

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

It's a brand new and different game than the old ones

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll be the judge of that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Can the fuckin TROLLS on this forum get their Lego game information correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
These Lego games are bussy as heck.