Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dongicus posted:

bloodborne = sekiro > elden ring > demons souls > dark souls > ds3 > kings field 1,2,3,4 > dark souls 2

theyre all good games. if dark souls 2 was ur first game i totally understand rating it highly

the sacred text is in this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

dark souls 2 pvp in the first month > any other period of from soft pvp

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Headless are not that bad, you just have to do some preparation and don't try to fight them too early

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Dark HOles

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sourdough posted:

You can, give it a try

ok

hollow knight > elden ring > dark souls = dark souls 2 = dark souls 3

(those are the only ones I've played)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sekiro = Bloodborne > Elden Ring = Dark Souls = Dark Souls 3 = Demons Souls >>>>> Dark Souls 2

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Heath posted:

The Headless are not that bad, you just have to do some preparation and don't try to fight them too early

its not about difficulty, it's that they are awful to fight. its a game about quick sword skills....time to slow these fuckers down....

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Trash Ops posted:

it stayed good throughout the life of the game, but yeah that first month i farmed so many chunks in belfry luna

fun hater
May 24, 2009

you cant say that. you are going to get in trouble

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I didn't get to experience DS2 pvp because I played when the servers were down.

I learned from my mistake and waited for them to come back for DS3 and got to experience some good wholesome Watchdogs of Faron fun.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i like ds3 just a smidgen more than 1, because its just 1 again but refined. this also counts against it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

I didn't get to experience DS2 pvp because I played when the servers were down.

I learned from my mistake and waited for them to come back for DS3 and got to experience some good wholesome Watchdogs of Faron fun.

lol have you done the ringed city dlc with the servers active. the half-light fight is either the funniest or most annoying fight of all time

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dark Souls was originally going to be called Dark Ring but was changed because it was allegedly crude British sexual slang, which I'm almost positive isn't the case but also Dark Ring sounds kinda goody so probably a good call

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Trash Ops posted:

bell tower pvp kicked rear end

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fun hater posted:

lol have you done the ringed city dlc with the servers active. the half-light fight is either the funniest or most annoying fight of all time

hell yeah it was great. Got it second try and I was pretty sure it was an NPC (named Sunflower, didn't move like a player) after the first obviously player opponent wrecked me, but according to google if it was an NPC it would have been called Halflight so I guess it was someone deliberately trying to not act like a player? Which is a neat way of doing it.

Kinda wanna redownload the game and equip spears of the church just to pvp boss.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

[meditating intensely] our game about being a lightning fast sword god needs a change of pace. what if... what if we put in some enemies who are not fun to fight

fun hater
May 24, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

hell yeah it was great. Got it second try and I was pretty sure it was an NPC (named Sunflower, didn't move like a player) after the first obviously player opponent wrecked me, but according to google if it was an NPC it would have been called Halflight so I guess it was someone deliberately trying to not act like a player? Which is a neat way of doing it.

Kinda wanna redownload the game and equip spears of the church just to pvp boss.

lol if you got someone acting weird on purpose. i love that fight for that reason. when i actually get halflight i get bummed out

also sword saint isshin is literally one of the best video game fights in all of time. ive never had a boss make my hands shake before or make me feel like i actually accomplished something by the end of it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Combat is great in sekiro but I couldn't make wolf look or dress like a real hosed up freak so its at the bottom of the pile for me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The only one I didn't like fighting was the underwater one, the rest are fine imo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

fun hater posted:

lol if you got someone acting weird on purpose. i love that fight for that reason. when i actually get halflight i get bummed out

also sword saint isshin is literally one of the best video game fights in all of time. ive never had a boss make my hands shake before or make me feel like i actually accomplished something by the end of it

Sekiro made me think IRL about how I approach things in life, so even though it's one of the From games I have the least time in it's right at the top of the list for me, just an absolute perfect experience.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

demons is the best one because its the shortest and has the cutest bugs

fun hater
May 24, 2009

No Dignity posted:

Sekiro made me think IRL about how I approach things in life, so even though it's one of the From games I have the least time in it's right at the top of the list for me, just an absolute perfect experience.

me accelerating to get through a yellow light: hesitation is defeat....

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

fun hater posted:

me accelerating to get through a yellow light: hesitation is defeat....

No Dignity posted:

This is the most painfully nerdy trans girl thing I will ever admit but when I resolved to transition regardless of the consequences I kept telling myself 'hesitation is defeat!' any time I started to second guess myself or got cold feet

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

the only optional ghost is Sekiro that I bother fighting is the shamisen lady, because she rules

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

this is insanely good. you’ve made my day :)

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
don’t fight any of the headless, or shamisen for that matter. problem solved!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

No Dignity posted:

Dark Souls was originally going to be called Dark Ring but was changed because it was allegedly crude British sexual slang, which I'm almost positive isn't the case but also Dark Ring sounds kinda goody so probably a good call

the dark ring of manus

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

a.p. dent posted:

this is a game where you have lots of fun being a cool stealth shinobi sword fighter

but don’t fight them. not because they’re impossible they’re just boring.

???

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

a.p. dent posted:

Shamisen is good!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

some plague rats posted:

[meditating intensely] our game about being a lightning fast sword god needs a change of pace. what if... what if we put in some enemies who are not fun to fight

A Shinobi must be adaptable

Crowetron posted:

the only optional ghost is Sekiro that I bother fighting is the shamisen lady, because she rules

Fighting her with the poison dagger makes her very manageable

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dongicus posted:

bloodborne = sekiro > elden ring > demons souls > dark souls > ds3 > kings field 1,2,3,4 > dark souls 2

theyre all good games. if dark souls 2 was ur first game i totally understand rating it highly

sekiro = elden ring > ds1 = bloodborne > ds2 > demons > kings field > evergrace > shooting my self in the face > dark souls 3

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dark souls 2 sotfs however should be removed from sale

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

watching my friend fight sister friede and loling my rear end off when they got to the third phase and got pwned

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i love this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the headless ar good and all haters got pwnt by them repeatedly and are extremely care mad about it

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Stux posted:

sekiro = elden ring > ds1 = bloodborne > ds2 > demons > kings field > evergrace > shooting my self in the face > dark souls 3

I don’t understand hating dark souls 3 but I see it occasionally. What is your deal

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Waifu Radia posted:

I don’t understand hating dark souls 3 but I see it occasionally. What is your deal

dark souls 3 has the worst pvp imo

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dark souls 3 has the worst pvp imo

DS3 had way better PVP than DS1 for 1v1 dueling imo.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I like Nioh. The only other soulslike I've played is Dark Souls 2 and I hated that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grip it and rip it posted:

DS3 had way better PVP than DS1 for 1v1 dueling imo.

dueling is fail