Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Work was OK. Kinda slow. Went on my phone most of my shift.

I am a patient they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Left work Monday, won't be back until Thursday. whoooo!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Soapyshoes

I will set each and every one of you on fire.

xcheopis posted:

Left work Monday, won't be back until Thursday. whoooo!

Ok what day is it today bc this might determine if you still have a job

xcheopis

Soapyshoes posted:

Ok what day is it today bc this might determine if you still have a job

Today is the Friday before Thursday!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
omfg work is a friggign vampire :cry:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

omfg work is a friggign vampire :cry:

it really flippin is

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

emSparkly

well I landed an interview for another position here, but I doubt I'm gonna get it.

I am a patient they.

Escape From Noise

Brewin' an American pale ale today.

Escape From Noise

Oh shiiii...

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Get on the devil's level

xcheopis

emSparkly posted:

well I landed an interview for another position here, but I doubt I'm gonna get it.

Good luck! Be as confident as you can; interviewers can smell fear

Chewbecca

Someone: <leaves something to the day before>
Someone: "you need to help me today!!!
Me: "okay uhh what do you need?"
Someone: "hurry up!!!"

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Sparging and running off while listening to Drive Like Jehu.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Sparging and running off while listening to Drive Like Jehu.

Sparging on the clock: it leaves a sticky mess always

Escape From Noise

Well, my end of year bonus isn't very much. Like half of what I thought. Oh well.

Soapyshoes

Sometimes work eats away at my spirit and I feel hollow inside, but today is not one of those days. Maybe I'm filled with the christmas spirit!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Modern work is a prison invented by people who want us to be miserable.

I like working but why does it have to be like this??? Let me live, motherfuckers.

Soapyshoes

Modern work is just feudalism reinvented. Except this time it accelerates the extinction of all life on the planet

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
at least we can spend our hard earned money on weed, unlike old timey peasants

rip peasants

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i do enjoy a weed. rip in peace, peasants

Ass-penny

Soapyshoes posted:

Modern work is just feudalism reinvented. Except this time it accelerates the extinction of all life on the planet

at least you can have seven onion rings delivered to your house for $30 so who's to say if we're doomed

Escape From Noise

Soapyshoes posted:

Mondays, amirite?

Chewbecca

Love emails that are like "please fix [the thing I stuffed up]" but without any information or context, and the person requesting has apparently gone offline and now lives in a cave without internet. Oh and its all URGENT subject lines :sigh:

Ass-penny

subject: do my job for me

body: please do my job for me

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

subject: do my job for me

body: please do my job for me

Correct, except I lied when I said they say please its more like

Subject: [URGENT] thing is broken!

Body: fix the the thing [i hosed up] NOW while i go underground

Escape From Noise

JFC the restaurant manager is dumber than a bag of hammers.

It's not a big deal, fortunately but JFC. I think I mentioned he wanted me to do an "event" a few weeks ago as a first year anniversary of getting our brewing license. The "event" was me going to the tables of people who'd ordered my beer and asking them if they wanted to talk about it. It was supremely uncomfortable like I told him it would be weeks before. I told him they should set me up at the table or bar, maybe with a sign, and let customers know they could come meet the brewer if they wanted. After going with the me approaching them and it not really going well, he agreed.

Yesterday we talked about me coming in at noon. I'd do some cleaning and he'd do the set-up so customers could come talk to me. I come in and he's not in. Turns out it's his day off. I text him asking him what I'm suppose to do. "Go talk to customers who order your beer.". Lol. No. gently caress that. Fortunately, it's no skin off my back. I didn't do any extra work or anything. But this guy is incapable of learning anything.

Heather Papps

hello friend

last shift i noticed maybe 2 hours in that one of the burners on one of the stoves in the kitchen had been left on, the gas one. i was wiping down counters and wondered why i was so warm all of the sudden and then noticed a gentle flame.

i have done this before but in my private life. i mentioned it to the person i was working with but left it at that, it's not like there was a pot on the burner or whatever. the main reason i was concerned was because it's the gas stove and if you left it on, but not lit, you could fill the whole building with explosion.

the trick is i was working with the grumpy woman, and by telling her about it i am certain she will rag on the chefs about it far more effectively than i ever could. i am leveraging the qualities i dislike about her to my benefit.

there was also a very troubling event while i was off cause of covid and it's insanely spicy but there may be a lawsuit in the air, or something else bad.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Heather Papps posted:

there may be a lawsuit in the air, or something else bad.

explosions?

Heather Papps

hello friend

eh whatever, we had a new resident who's son had power of attorney over him and brought him in because he was told his dads wife was quote unquote "killing him." it's rural up here so there's lots of gossip and apparently she's had about 3 husbands die on her, life insurance sorta thing. she was only allowing him to be on oxygen when she decided he needed it and prevented him from taking all his prescriptions. anyways when this guy came into the home there was a list of a few people who were not allowed to see him, and his now ex wife and basically a thug came in, attempted to get this guy to sign power of attorney over to the ex wife, and when this guys son showed up a fight occurred between him and the thug. police were called, and because the resident willingly signed himself out the cops were like "he's of sound mind nothing we can do" which is not incorrect necessarily but still. an incredibly hosed up thing. if this fella dies soon, and his son decides to take legal action against the home i think they are hosed.

this is the first time they've had to screen for specific visitors that are not allowed, and honestly so many residents are just abandoned when someone comes to visit the assumption is their intentions are good, but there's going to have to be some some sort of policy change or something, i don't know. i found out about it a day or so ago so i am still trying to figure out how i feel about it, and also realize i got the whole story second hand but i know the broad strokes are accurate.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
oof, and also yikes

Ass-penny

Dr. Honked posted:

oof, and also yikes

also :yikeseroo:

Heather Papps

hello friend

i do not use the words "insanely spicy" without reverence

xcheopis

All of the stress and physical demands finally caught up to me, so I'm taking today and tomorrow off as well. I might also be having a stupid allergy thing (so much hidden dust and cat fur) or a very mild cold. Regardless, not doing anything much more difficult than some dishes today.

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

All of the stress and physical demands finally caught up to me, so I'm taking today and tomorrow off as well. I might also be having a stupid allergy thing (so much hidden dust and cat fur) or a very mild cold. Regardless, not doing anything much more difficult than some dishes today.

Good on you for looking after yourself!

In chewb news I woke up thinking it was Saturday when its in fact Friday (and therefore a work day). Is there any more grim a realisation lol

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

Good on you for looking after yourself!

In chewb news I woke up thinking it was Saturday when its in fact Friday (and therefore a work day). Is there any more grim a realisation lol

I do have issues with my boss but she generally has my back, especially when it comes to my health. I'm already on pretty much permanent modified work duty, so if I tell her I'm really really not doing well, she believes me (and I don't lie about it). She also tells me that I want to take a mental health day, then I should do so. It's a just a tiny bit of obfuscation to payroll (I had medical appointments all day is not true but also not a lie) and I'm sleeping in late!

Ugh, yeah, those days are horrible. It's as bad as suddenly realizing that tomorrow is Monday.

emSparkly

God why is life suffering? I have to work in this office with all these people next to me and I'm forced to hold in l these farts all day long. It can't be good for me.

I am a patient they.

xcheopis

emSparkly posted:

God why is life suffering? I have to work in this office with all these people next to me and I'm forced to hold in l these farts all day long. It can't be good for me.

How was the interview?

emSparkly

xcheopis posted:

How was the interview?

Oh it was great. There's like 10 other people gunning for the position and I'm not even close, but whatever. I can just apply for other stuff. I bet I can get out of a customer facing position by June next year.

I am a patient they.

xcheopis

emSparkly posted:

Oh it was great. There's like 10 other people gunning for the position and I'm not even close, but whatever. I can just apply for other stuff. I bet I can get out of a customer facing position by June next year.

it's good practice, too.
I suck at interviewing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

interviews are so dumb. "why do you want this job?" because I need a job? lol why is anyone applying for any job, duh.