Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

KPC_Mammon posted:

Last I heard subclasses are out. Everything is considered its own discrete class. I really hope they don't force me to grind up a second Ogryn to use interesting weapons but I'm not optimistic.

First I'm hearing of this. Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

First I'm hearing of this. Link?

The class blog from shortly before release doesn’t really have any answers on this front. Subclasses are clearly going to be “Veteran: X” or “Ogryn: Y” but they haven’t said a word about how levels or anything will be handled.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I honestly dont know what they were thinking with this class thing. Theres no way id want to level another vet to 30

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Looking forward to cosmetics not transferring between subclasses for the same character.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't be silly, they'll be transferrable between subclasses but if you have it equipped on two classes at the same time it will cause you to crash to desktop any time you open the matchmaking menu. fatshark will fix the problem a year from its introduction.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I honestly dont know what they were thinking with this class thing. Theres no way id want to level another vet to 30

My extremely vain hope is that the lack of character slots means when added they’ll work like VT2 classes and share levels but I expect them to at least initially gently caress it up.

Also got confirmation for whoever was asking that height does effect hit box now.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

The class blog from shortly before release doesn’t really have any answers on this front. Subclasses are clearly going to be “Veteran: X” or “Ogryn: Y” but they haven’t said a word about how levels or anything will be handled.
I'm just going to go ahead and assume the worst and that not only will we have to grind up to 30 again, but we'll still only have 5 character slots so you can't have one of each subclass. Also inventory still won't be shared so you'll have to regrind all your weapons.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
My extremely cynical take is that we're not gonna get subclasses at all. We're getting completely new characters, which means having to level from scratch, and having to buy new cosmetics.
It really feels like that's the direction they're taking this game, to me.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 1, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel like people aren't really encapsulating the precise way fatshark's stuff is typically broken or hosed up. they'll give us switchable subclasses, but it'll accidentally delete your inventory every time you do. they're going to fix the toughness bug, but some bizarre knock-on effect will make it so every time you lose toughness it interrupts any action you're performing. they're going to trickle out new weapons for free for the first couple of weeks, but wielding one will have your character pull out a giant transparent "ASSET MISSING" placeholder.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

My extremely cynical take is that we're not gonna get subclasses at all. We're getting completely new characters, which means having to level from scratch, and having to buy new cosmetics.
It really feels like that's the direction they're taking this game, to me.

It's weird that the classes have names though like Ogryn brute and veteran sharpshooter. It does suggest there's gonna be something else but who knows.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have beat a man to death with an error texture before and I shall again if necessary.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Cowcaster posted:

i feel like people aren't really encapsulating the precise way fatshark's stuff is typically broken or hosed up. they'll give us switchable subclasses, but it'll accidentally delete your inventory every time you do. they're going to fix the toughness bug, but some bizarre knock-on effect will make it so every time you lose toughness it interrupts any action you're performing. they're going to trickle out new weapons for free for the first couple of weeks, but wielding one will have your character pull out a giant transparent "ASSET MISSING" placeholder.

Basically like Overkill in the really hosed up Payday 2 days.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Wasn't impressed with the lightning hammer until I started spamming the heavy attack over and over. Ragdolling poxwalkers left and right then activating the hammer and charging in to one-shot a special has made the Zealot my new favorite class.

The thunder hammer also seems to chunk terror health bars nicely if you're activating it between heavy swings. My fireteam did two back to back missions last night and fought a daemonhost both times (bless the ogryn shield for dealing with them). The only loadout change between the runs was my swapping from the 1h sword to the hammer. On the second run we managed to score the 'kill a terror in under 20s' chievo.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Is there a way to see which missions you need to do with a specific class on malice/heresy to get the penances for doing every mission on that difficulty?

Because I need this helmet

Edit: Also, I've done and helped a bunch of people in random groups do penances for the last 2 days. Just ask in chat, and it's likely people won't mind helping you.

I know im super late and a few pages back but here you go for what you need for it. Almost done with it myself.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

hemale in pain posted:

It's weird that the classes have names though like Ogryn brute and veteran sharpshooter. It does suggest there's gonna be something else but who knows.
I agree, but I feel it could be a remnant of something that changed at some point during development.
Again though, I could be absolutely wrong.

On another note, I don't think even Vermintide 2 has released all their DLC subclasses yet, so we might be in for the long haul.

TwatHammer posted:

I know im super late and a few pages back but here you go for what you need for it. Almost done with it myself.

Yeah, I'm on the same stage myself, but I was wondering if there was a way to see which mission types on Heresy I was missing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

On another note, I don't think even Vermintide has released all their DLC subclasses yet, so we might be in for the long haul.

Yeah they are missing one, the difference there is Vermintide launched with 3 subclasses per class and then they sold one per class after the fact which felt reasonably fair to me. I think if they tried charging in this one and if you have to level them separately as you're theorising, that'd be a breaking point for folks.

Personally I hope they add at least 1 for free per class and they're just shared level wise. If they want to add some really weird exotic new class then and charge for it once they've released some other stuff and fixed all the issues that's cool but they'd be taking the piss a bit trying to charge more when the base game has a fair bit less than Vermintide 2 did at launch.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Broken Cog posted:

On another note, I don't think even Vermintide 2 has released all their DLC subclasses yet, so we might be in for the long haul.
It hasn't; they put the final subclass DLC on hold to work on Darktide and iirc it's coming up on 1 year since the previous DLC subclass was released.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Yes VT2 has still not done a DLC class for sienna and hasn't really had any sort of announcement or teaser. The new FLC level that is the first of a two part mission series has Sienna's sister as a necromancer or dark mage but who knows if that's what they are going to do for her class

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jerkface posted:

I mean, hopefullytm any new (sub)class based on veteran would play so substantially differently that it wouldn't feel like leveling another vet at all.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

wedgie deliverer posted:

Default low setting.

I'm running a i7-4790k and a GTX 1070. It's a bit older, but still above the minimum specs. I read some other folks are having a similar problem. I adjusted the Nvidia controls to maximize performance on my card but still nothing. I assume it some weird optimization issue.

I take it you're using FSR 2.0 and the Sharpening filter? Works wonders.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Perestroika posted:

I mean, hopefullytm any new (sub)class based on veteran would play so substantially differently that it wouldn't feel like leveling another vet at all.

Disgraced former Commissar with power fist and bolt pistol and special move to res dying or downed allies.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

Disgraced former Commissar with power fist and bolt pistol and special move to res :commissar: dying or downed allies.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Execute downed allies for 30s of +50% aspd and damage

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I just want to be Yarrick is that too much to ask

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's how the animation will work, but it'll respawn the player as a "reinforcement" slightly behind the party.

"You have failed us for the last time!" *POW* "Bring us another reject!"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I played a quick match solo queue game where my zealot was grouped up with three ogryn. It played out exactly like it would have for real where they did the most stupid poo poo like punching a daemonhost and getting lost constantly. I loved it. They were roleplaying so hard on accident and I was having so much fun.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They should have a special modifier where you have a commissar servo skull following you and yelling at you to go faster all the time, I don't know what the negative or hard part of it would be, maybe it has a bolt pistol hanging down and shoots at you if you go too slow.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Perestroika posted:

yea thats the dream (though more op slots please) but if i see Veteran: Sniper or some poo poo and its basically the same poo poo but now they get a long las im gonna lose my mind

it would make sense if there is a veteran: catachan devil class or sometjing and its more melee focused with a different ultimate and poo poo, but honestly id rather i just be able to swap over to that so i can mix it up rather than need to level another class to 30

Im hoping any new classes are just entirely different experiences and there are no more veteran: X type deals

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Isn’t there an achievement for leveling all classes to 30? I would think that would support the assumption that sub-classes will launch as a respec and not a completely separate character.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my brother was disappointed that there's not an option to be a kasrkin but i think that's just because he likes saying the word "kasrkin"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Cowcaster posted:

my brother was disappointed that there's not an option to be a kasrkin but i think that's just because he likes saying the word "kasrkin"

I like being a hive ganger vet that shits on Cadia

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Disgraced former Commissar with power fist and bolt pistol and special move to res dying or downed allies.

Heavily modified Mechanicus Skitarii soldier with lightning guns and integrated cyborg weapons :getin:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

hemale in pain posted:

I think fatshark probably saw the stats and realised that most people were gonna jump on veteran cause of the imperial guard/soldier aesthetic so ehhh maybe let it do everything. If you made them crap at melee you'd end up with teams getting wiped when they ended up with 3/4 veterans.

You don't need to make them crap at melee. You just need to not make them literally have the best melee weapon in the game. This isn't rocket science.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Captain Oblivious posted:

You don't need to make them crap at melee. You just need to not make them literally have the best melee weapon in the game. This isn't rocket science.

I like my meat cleaver but it shouldn't be the best melee option for Ogryn in a setting with chain and power weapons.

At least give me something big enough to require two hands to swing!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I like to imagine the Fatshark office being in a state of constant shananigans.

Water buckets precariously balanced over doors, identical twins leading to romcom misunderstandings, Custard pies being thrown, people standing on the edge of preciptious drops, arms flailing, going 'whoop-whoop-whoop', and occasionally some light coding.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

dont get me wrong i agree but there's always gonna be a dev favourite.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

God, I love those moments when you get an opportunity excuse to go full auto with the Bolter. Look at that healthbar go :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/VbogHSG.mp4

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Reddit has a bunch of pics of the grimoires and scriptures spawning in walls and other inaccessible places.

Gonna go ahead and replace those challenges for this week. No wonder I was making so little progress.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kaysette posted:

Reddit has a bunch of pics of the grimoires and scriptures spawning in walls and other inaccessible places.

Gonna go ahead and replace those challenges for this week. No wonder I was making so little progress.

"Pick up 6 grimoires"

*pay 2500 gold to replace*

"Pick up 9 grimoires"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kaysette posted:

Is there some sort of tell for the scriptures? You can see a green glow from the grimoires if you look closely, for scriptures it seems like you just need to know all the possible places they can spawn.