Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Stone Colds promo is brolic

https://youtu.be/YGKAs38_zEw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao he really goes off there

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 30, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another delightful Granny segment on B&V today.

What's the man's best favorite bird?
Who stole the woman's cheese?

But these all paled in comparison to Granny asking Bryan et al to figure out the common linking theme between a series of matches.... and completely upended everything by just making up a completely random match and inserting it in there among the rest :allears:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao he really goes off there

Haha, I love how the low level aggression suddenly turns into raging contempt till he just storms out of the camera frame :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

horns faskali... waggles 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

horns faskali... waggles 2007

Yes!

Also I hope Luke Duke is doing okay after drinking bad water out of the lake and losing his memory! :ohdear:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave really needs to watch the show because it was explained on commentary and Mox's freakin' words to Hangman that set it off!

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1598256932363853825

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Dave really needs to watch the show because it was explained on commentary and Mox's freakin' words to Hangman that set it off!

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1598256932363853825

The weights are talking and drowning out commentary

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
This whole WOR felt like "neither of us actually watched the segments we're complaining about". Frustrating.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just make peace with the older these podcasters get the more out of touch they will get. It happens to everyone

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus with f4w and deadlock and everything elite and so forth, it seems actually watching AEW is unpopular for some reason (does the money thing with my fingers)

Only john pollock and wai ting actually watch shows

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

making GBS threads on things gets the most clicks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not Dave and Bryan's fault that AEW is getting bad :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They gave Tony too many best booker awards and he got complacent

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I cant think wHHHo is uhh lobbying pods to not do aew. It'd take some real conVINCEing to prove it.

(Whether or not this is a joke is dependent on how true you think it is.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Not Dave and Bryan's fault that AEW is getting bad :shrug:

yeah but you have an agenda. You've been talking about AEW being bad for a while. And Dead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have no agenda, I couldn't give a gently caress which billionaire's company lives or dies. The show is getting worse for me and many millions.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have no agenda, I couldn't give a gently caress which billionaire's company lives or dies. The show is getting worse for me and many millions.

Millions? I thought you looked at the ratings

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Millions? I thought you looked at the ratings

the millions and millions of aewamaniacs world wide have said enough is enough w/r/t the trustbusters

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
hey ya'll, your favorite scoops man here. Big news - William Regal is released and going back to WWE. Pay for my Patreon to learn more. You can read all my past stories on there too, like the ones about Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews getting their release and going to WWE

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
apparently dave also thought the acclaimed were pretending to be robots in their segment

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave's got roid brain.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I heard they accidently threw out his brain when cleaning the room but put it back in

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

El Generico posted:

This whole WOR felt like "neither of us actually watched the segments we're complaining about". Frustrating.

They did rightfully tear apart the MJF/Regal segment. That was so bad on so many fronts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

They did rightfully tear apart the MJF/Regal segment. That was so bad on so many fronts.

It ruled, MJF laying out Regal was awesome. One of the best moments of the year.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Stall_19 posted:

It sucked so much. MJF said Reign of Terror as a threat but I don't think he meant for me to think of Triple H and Jeff Jarrett.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Lid posted:

It sucked so much. MJF said Reign of Terror as a threat but I don't think he meant for me to think of Triple H and Jeff Jarrett.

he literally named both of them in that context

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

he literally named both of them in that context

As dominating champions holding control.

Not as in "meandering segments that go nowhere and drive away viewers with great effort".

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

MassRafTer posted:

It ruled, MJF laying out Regal was awesome. One of the best moments of the year.

You mean the top heel laying out a former babyface who just turned heel by screwing over the top babyface who we're now supposed to feel sorry for despite the fact just last week the fans were wanting the top babyface to beat the poo poo out of him. All this after a long and boring promo in front of a dead crowd.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

the segment that set up multiple future title matches, sets up MJF's inevitable downfall because he is making enemies with absolutely everybody, and has led to rampant speculation about the future of someone in the company doesn't sound like a meandering segment that went nowhere.

also interesting that you got the ratings before anybody else.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the segment that set up multiple future title matches, sets up MJF's inevitable downfall because he is making enemies with absolutely everybody, and has led to rampant speculation about the future of someone in the company doesn't sound like a meandering segment that went nowhere.

Ta-Da

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1598433220126711820?t=xxYqxux0H78qc3-nZu5w-Q&s=19

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Wild to me that so many people are so negative on that promo and even the attack itself, my AEW watching friends and I thought it was all brilliant.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It was all of that AND meandering and exhausting. They could've achieved everything in literally five minutes.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

your friend wicka posted:

It was all of that AND meandering and exhausting. They could've achieved everything in literally five minutes.

yea all the matches could be 5 minutes long too. this show could be an hour long. they could actually put it out in text form and we could all read it in 5 minutes total.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between long & short things. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

El Generico posted:

Wild to me that so many people are so negative on that promo and even the attack itself, my AEW watching friends and I thought it was all brilliant.

Things in the abstract can be brilliant, if you mean the subtleties winks and nods and things to unpack, like if you take an arms length view and see all the references it all makes sense.

However that doesn't mean it's good.

We call things Russoriffic for things of stupid insane gimmicks etc. But the original Russo was emphasising how clever he could be with metaconmentary on wrestling going all in on worked shoots and shooting and smarks. Russo fan's will still say it's why he was brilliant and misunderstood as he treated wrestling in the abstract.

It was also loving miserable to watch and no amount of analysis made it watch able because it was a slog, unfun, and you just didn't care about Sid's scissors.

In conclusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke1YKF3tNCE

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between long & short things. you imbecile. you loving moron"

i'm saying, the opposite.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i'm saying, the opposite.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

yea all the matches could be 5 minutes long too. this show could be an hour long. they could actually put it out in text form and we could all read it in 5 minutes total.

I don't even know what you're saying

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

To clarify my positions:

1. I liked the promo
2. I really just wanted to steal the dril quote for clout

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lid posted:

Things in the abstract can be brilliant, if you mean the subtleties winks and nods and things to unpack, like if you take an arms length view and see all the references it all makes sense.

However that doesn't mean it's good.

We call things Russoriffic for things of stupid insane gimmicks etc. But the original Russo was emphasising how clever he could be with metaconmentary on wrestling going all in on worked shoots and shooting and smarks. Russo fan's will still say it's why he was brilliant and misunderstood as he treated wrestling in the abstract.

It was also loving miserable to watch and no amount of analysis made it watch able because it was a slog, unfun, and you just didn't care about Sid's scissors.

This is a bizarre comparison. One of the big problems with Russo's booking was that it was Crash TV, each show was crammed with tons and tons of segments, none of which got any room to breathe or make an impression. You got lots of talking, but it'd be different people talking one after the other, not one person who's always been a great promo given twelve minutes to sell a major angle. And the meta thing... did MJF say anything that doesn't make sense in the context of kayfabe? He hates the fans, he was bragging about how much they're going to hate his title reign because of how successful he'll be. A far cry from Goldberg going off the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Lid posted:

I don't even know what you're saying

the godfather could've been 90 minutes