Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i'm saying, the opposite.

You're not saying anything, it's yet another hollow gotcha attempt that is ultimately meaningless. Par for the course really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people who listen to podcasts at 1.5x speed are abnormal freaks

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the godfather could've been 90 minutes

no, it couldn't have been? what on earth

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lid posted:

why not. Time to trim the fat. You a big three hour raw guy?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Alaois posted:

people who listen to podcasts at 1.5x speed are abnormal freaks

agreed, everyone knows 1.2x is the sweet spot

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Think of how much more sense that segment would have made if Regal didn't screw over Moxley and MJF won with the firm's help. Then with Moxley out of the building, Regal could have confronted MJF alone about taking the easy way out, then MJF could have laid him out. This way everyone is in their proper roles and MJF would get heat for attacking everyone's favorite Brit rather than them expecting us to feel bad that MJF attacked the prick who betrayed Moxley for some reason.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lid posted:

I only watch The Godfather for the Tom Hagen scenes so I'm actually with him on this one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i actually listen to podcasts at 0.5x speed, dub style

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Stall_19 posted:

Think of how much more sense that segment would have made if Regal didn't screw over Moxley and MJF won with the firm's help. Then with Moxley out of the building, Regal could have confronted MJF alone about taking the easy way out, then MJF could have laid him out. This way everyone is in their proper roles and MJF would get heat for attacking everyone's favorite Brit rather than them expecting us to feel bad that MJF attacked the prick who betrayed Moxley for some reason.

As i said in the GDT i actually cheered when MJF hit Regal because finally something had happened. The whole emotion was backwards.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Stall_19 posted:

You can feel bad or not for Regal but that wasn't the point. The point is what it says about MJF. Regal wasn't behind him at the start so he can never be behind him. Regal doubted whether MJF had what it took to be a villain, to be The Devil. Then Regal trusted that Devil. Or maybe he didn't. Maybe Regal knew this was coming, and this was his final test and by attacking him, MJF passed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Stall_19 posted:

thatsbait.gif

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"Austin's already beaten Jake Roberts, why's he talking about him? This is taking too long. He should just have said "I'm the king yay" and cut to the Karate Fighters ad."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

"Austin's already beaten Jake Roberts, why's he talking about him? This is taking too long. He should just have said "I'm the king yay" and cut to the Karate Fighters ad."

What is preventing you from behaving like a normal human person and engaging with what's actually being said? Why the need to make up poo poo in your head to argue against? Why the need to just straight up lie about what others are saying? Why are you going out of your way to make this conversation worse than it needs to be? What kind of person does that? Stop. Just loving stop.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm normal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

But it made a lot of sense, it told me that MJF likes to convince people to help him only to quickly toss them to the side or get whatever pretty revenge he wants the second he doesn't need them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm abnormal but in a cool way, like Magnum Tokyo

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

I'm normal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Literal years of telling everyone on the wrestling forum that I'm normal and they're not. This is a normal thing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

16 years. 16 years of this sham I call a life. 16 god forsaken years on this web site. And for what? To be called a loony toon by wicka. To have "Russorific" explained wrongly. To have Dave lose his god drat mind and go off his damned rocker. No no no this is no life at all.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Post ur setups

There’s too much podcast for me to fit into my life otherwise

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1.0x til the day i fuckin die

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Post ur setups

sicko poo poo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

yea ok posted:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

I'm abnormal but in a cool way, like Magnum Tokyo

Nobody is as cool as Magnum Tokyo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

yea ok posted:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

I'm normal

yea ok posted:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

yea ok posted:

I'm normal

yea ok

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Nobody is as cool as Magnum Tokyo.

Couldnt possibly claim that, but useful as a point of reference

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

apparently dave also thought the acclaimed were pretending to be robots in their segment

hahahahaha

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1598514844512432128

Shard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 2, 2022

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Post ur setups

What app is that?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Overcast I think

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it's Overcast, it's iOS only

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
who is "shawn" and why's he started being a regular?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan's friend from forever. used to be on the show a lot in the early early days and now is back on the show

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he’s worse craig , if such a thing were possible
haven’t listened to WOL in forever, semp has that MJF turn off the channel heat with me.
I’ll always tune in for Big Dave though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yea ok posted:

bryan's friend from forever. used to be on the show a lot in the early early days and now is back on the show

did he lose his job or what

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I listened to some old B&V and its funny how often Craig comes up, I think they used to watch PPVs at his place.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1598556413814611968?t=HP-EiJjoZW3sYp54UDNlqg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

This whole WOR felt like "neither of us actually watched the segments we're complaining about". Frustrating.

so funny listening to Bryan these days