Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
idk I'll see if anyone comes up with some fun starters but so far these changes are not showing me anything that's drawing me back to the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jinnigan posted:

Does Temp Chains still prolong poison on enemies?

Yes, "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" still applies.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

do we have that soundtrack from the trailer yet?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
hmm i had thought the new tectonic molten balls skill would be very good with the +10 weapon range but i guess that wouldn't expand the ball explosion radius

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
what is +10 weapon range actually good for

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Jinnigan posted:

what is +10 weapon range actually good for

A majority of melee clear skills

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Sounds like cold occultist might be ok for a league starter?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Sounds like cold occultist might be ok for a league starter?

Cold dot (occ, trickster, hiero, champ if you can deal with the leveling) is probably going to be the best all-around starter

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I like bane chaos dot builds, might try that again if I decide to play this league

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

I'm pretty sure its the "effects linger for 3 seconds" change
it's such a stupid change because it's a one skill point tax for melee builds because totems are still a major part of your DPS

they really should just remove those totems and roll them into baseline damage or at least let me pick up the goddamn thing and put it on my back like a herald.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Hey, you can save sanctum rooms now. Great change before the league even came out.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
also I guess they removed the Lord of Steel jewels? which is kind of a massive gutpunch to impale-based builds that already weren't super strong

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

FZeroRacer posted:

also I guess they removed the Lord of Steel jewels? which is kind of a massive gutpunch to impale-based builds that already weren't super strong

The Unique Jewels Massacre of 2022 is being overshadowed by all the other generally-positive changes but I will never forget.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I did skellie mages in expedition and that was the easiest and most relaxing build I ever played.

What’s the new easiest and most relaxing build. Tia.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vulcan if fissure seems like it will be like molten strike but without needed extra strikes or having to deal with the annoying mechanic of hitting something for it to work . Also it’s semi ranged

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm actually gonna play Seismic*, lmao.
League looks great though

*unless Vaal Caustic Arrow looks great

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I just realized DB was pretty much untouched. drat, I hate that poo poo

This is a Heatshiver league for me, freeze seems exceptionally good for the league mechanic even if it's capped like bosses.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I did my duty.

boredsatellite posted:

Was she a ssfhc player

No, softcore trade league player. Said life is already ssfhc.

Fister Roboto posted:

whats her opinion on archnem mods

She thought the game got too hard and stopped it. She's excited about the next league.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Overall takeaways: all melee skills get splash now if they want it, which is cool. People get pretty much a free (assuming you can press a single button) 30% more damage against bosses due to curse changes

There's also currently unknown artifact bonuses people will get from league items.

Should be a significant amount of additional player power this league, basically.

Jinnigan posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem:
When reintroducing Tainted currency items, the chances for different outcomes were rebalanced to be appropriate for the core game. The new odds for Tainted Orbs of Fusing made it hard to justify using one on your gear as it could become an expensive venture.

Solution:
We've changed the outcome odds for Tainted Orbs of Fusing to be more favorable, to match where they were in Scourge League.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these were already good, too. I made a disgusting amount of currency linking cheap +2s and selling them for 8-10 div a piece last league before someone finally made a vid on the tainted buff

Wuxi posted:

I'm actually gonna play Seismic*, lmao.
League looks great though

*unless Vaal Caustic Arrow looks great

I can only assume that they forgot to copy/paste the seismic section into the patch notes???

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 1, 2022

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
the curse changes are generally a nerf against everything but pinnacle bosses, assuming you self-casted curses. it's even worse if you use blasphemy or other ways of automating curses. with the exception of enfeeble or temporal chains which i think see a slight buff against non-pinnacle bosses.

there's a significant number of non-pinnacle bosses which are dangerous enough that this change kinda sucks.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

FZeroRacer posted:

assuming you self-casted curses
so .. nobody

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I am super down for roguelike league.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

Challenges will not be enabled in Ruthless versions of the Sanctum League.

so why the god dang heck would I play ruthless in league if none of my actions count towards league challenges

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Without other big changes elsewhere, Occu is still going to be one of the best ascendancies especially for SC

But this brings up an interesting question: how many of you specialize in a few ascendancies?

I'm pretty evenly split over time. Any particular league I'll focus on a few that I think are extra good/interesting right now, but that rotates over patches. I think my least played is Guardian but I've done aura, mana, and minion guardians

Oh I've done the full spread of Marauder, Duelist, and Witch classes. Now I just rotate between the good ones.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Aye Doc posted:

so why the god dang heck would I play ruthless in league if none of my actions count towards league challenges
If you want to play ruthless but still have access to the league mechanic???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ruthless appears much more important and integrated than previously talked about

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

so .. nobody
yeah basically, for example if you use blasphemy flammability you reduce enemy fire resistance by 27%. hex touch further reduces that to 23%. prior to the patch the changes looked more like the following:

44% (everything up to rare)
29% (all unique bosses)
14% (pinnacle).

enfeeble and temporal chains are slightly buffed against regular bosses but have a decent buff against pinnacle bosses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

No, softcore trade league player. Said life is already ssfhc.

No lies detected

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Volcanic Fissure looks neat, interested in the new Vaal stuff in general and "Molten Strike but good again as a slam" seems very promising. Will probably be baited into some kind of melee build.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

My interpretation of the patch is that players effectively got across the board ST increases (rare mobs nerfed, hexes buffed against bosses).

Some specific things then got nerfed or buffed, all of which seem basically appropriate. Except Hexblast, which got loving murdered. Seismic's boss rushing is the only really notable missing nerf, but whatever I'm not going to run it anyways. Well, and COC but that would really upset the playerbase.

FZeroRacer posted:

the curse changes are generally a nerf against everything but pinnacle bosses, assuming you self-casted curses. it's even worse if you use blasphemy or other ways of automating curses. with the exception of enfeeble or temporal chains which i think see a slight buff against non-pinnacle bosses.

there's a significant number of non-pinnacle bosses which are dangerous enough that this change kinda sucks.

I don't think this is true. Curse effect is now a much better stat in general, just looking at base changes with max doom is misleading.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cold dot (occ, trickster, hiero, champ if you can deal with the leveling) is probably going to be the best all-around starter

I've never done this build before. If someone sees a great 3.20 guide I would appreciate a link being dropped.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gonna poke around at self casting curse alongside ED/Contagion. I heard about the support skill that makes it a persistent effect on the ground so I wanna make some Deodre Venn Diagrams. One curse by default, another I can get a curse on the passive tree, and I think a unique ring covers the third curse. Those can all live in the same 4link.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

My interpretation of the patch is that players effectively got across the board ST increases (rare mobs nerfed, hexes buffed against bosses).

Some specific things then got nerfed or buffed, all of which seem basically appropriate. Except Hexblast, which got loving murdered. Seismic's boss rushing is the only really notable missing nerf, but whatever I'm not going to run it anyways. Well, and COC but that would really upset the playerbase.

I don't think this is true. Curse effect is now a much better stat in general, just looking at base changes with max doom is misleading.
i'm not looking at the base changes with max doom. the math specifically adds up to be that curses are generally worse on everything except pinnacle bosses, where they are significantly better.

curse effect is a multiplier on top of the base curse. most curses saw a nerf to their baseline power by around 19-20% which affects the relative strength of curse effect. this is also made worse by any automated forms of curse application losing curse effect and having the less effect modifier added on them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

I've never done this build before. If someone sees a great 3.20 guide I would appreciate a link being dropped.

I believe ShakCentral is the go-to Cold DoT Occultist guide and really there shouldn't be much change between 3.19 and 3.20 for it.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
They really didn't nerf Seismic Trap huh

okay ggg

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Pathofmath streaming reading the patchnotes is a very good bit.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

FZeroRacer posted:

i'm not looking at the base changes with max doom. the math specifically adds up to be that curses are generally worse on everything except pinnacle bosses, where they are significantly better.

curse effect is a multiplier on top of the base curse. most curses saw a nerf to their baseline power by around 19-20% which affects the relative strength of curse effect. this is also made worse by any automated forms of curse application losing curse effect and having the less effect modifier added on them.

You misunderstand me. Curse effect was a bad stat (outside of extreme edge cases), now it's a good one.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Gonna try the new attack ring spell even though it’ll probably be bad

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

FZeroRacer posted:

curses don't actually matter for 95% of content other than pinnacle bosses tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So how are aurabots looking these days? It is the only build my gf is willing to play and if it's dead I guess we aren't playing together anymore :v: